As you know, a very long time ago, people made use of Aloe Vera for a lot of useful purposes. For example, they used this plant for beauty care and skin care as well. It was also used to treat many types of skin-related issues, including psoriasis. In fact, it is very effective to use Aloe Vera for psoriasis. This ingredient acts as a good, safe and natural treatment for your skin condition. Actually, psoriasis is a common skin-related problem that humans can suffer from. In general, there are many methods to treat this symptom, including both drug treatments and natural remedies. Nevertheless, in our opinion, we should apply a wide range of medical plants to deal with the problem because, in comparison with drugs, they are safer and more harmless.
Aiming to help you shape your thinking about benefits of using Aloe Vera for psoriasis, VKool.com would like to introduce you some effective methods to treat this disease with a natural home remedy, Aloe Vera. If you are facing this skin issue, you should not skip this article because it is very informative and helpful for you. Frankly, we hope that after reading this topic, you will know how to use Aloe Vera for psoriasis as well as try to apply our suggestions in your own situation. Let’s see how this natural home remedy can help you.
Aloe Vera For Psoriasis – 8 Ways To Use
1. Overview Of Psoriasis
Basically, we think that before entering the instruction part, we should have a brief overview of psoriasis. Actually, many people have already known this disease, thus, we will summarize some basic information and facts about this skin problem. According to doctors, psoriasis is categorized as a chronic or genetic, autoimmune disorder. To know whether you suffer from it or not, you can realize its characteristics. Thick, red, itchy rashes, scaly, and patches of dead cells will appear on your skin’s surface. Moreover, they can have negative effects on joints and nails as well.
Read more: Healthy diet for psoriasis patients
2. Why Should We Use Aloe Vera For Psoriasis?
Among many treatments for psoriasis, a large number of people highly appreciate the good effects of using Aloe Vera for psoriasis because of many reasons. Firstly, Aloe Vera is a common natural ingredient that has many medical effects. It is also safe, natural, and available everywhere. Thanks to its natural properties, people can use it to treat psoriasis not only effectively but also inexpensively. It has other benefits for your skin, beauty, and the overall health as well. In comparison with drug treatments for psoriasis, we suggest you apply Aloe Vera for psoriasis because it has the capacity of soothing the lesions and at the same time, it can relieve the inflammation. Furthermore, using Aloe Vera for psoriasis will not cause unexpected side effects. That’s why a huge number of psoriasis patients often look for effective natural home remedies for psoriasis to lower the risk of side effects. Also, because it is easy to find Aloe Vera, then we think that you can take this treatment easily and conveniently. The last reason for you to make use of Aloe Vera for psoriasis is that it not only helps you treat this lesion but also improve the beauty of your skin, at the same time. In general, if you are looking for a great method, Aloe Vera is not a bad solution.
Related article: Psoriasis free for life review
3. How effective is aloe vera for psoriasis?
Above are general reasons to use Aloe Vera for psoriasis. Now, we would like to show you some scientific information about its actual benefits. To understand its effects, you should not skip the following piece of news.
Initially, this home remedy is known as a great moisturizer for your skin while it is forming a protective layer, thanks to which your bacterial growth can be decelerated and discouraged as well. Because this ingredient contains up to 99% of water so it has the ability to hydrate and moisturize the skin areas where it is dry and irritates. Additionally, Aloe Vera can enhance the immune system. At the same time, it promotes and accelerates the process of producing white blood cells. Instead, it encourages the growth of new cells along with natural nutrients as well as steroids. In fact, researchers have proved that this natural remedy also contains mild anesthetic, antibacterial, antifungal, skin soothing, as well as anti-inflammatory functions. That makes Aloe Vera reduce swelling, redness, itching, and other unwanted symptoms of psoriasis which is one of the main reasons to use Aloe Vera for psoriasis. Another advantage of using Aloe Vera for psoriasis is that it can penetrate deep into your skin, and then starts to decrease the level of thickness of rashes and flakes when you are suffering from psoriasis. In fact, when consumed, the remedy also can help to detoxify your body from inside and support the digestion in order to prevent gut issues. In turn, Aloe Vera indirectly gets control over psoriasis. The last point is that thanks to a high concentration of calcium, magnesium, iron, potassium, chromium, copper, zinc, salicylic acid, antioxidants, polysaccharides, enzymes, vitamins, as well as amino acids, Aloe Vera is enabled to keep your skin healthy and youthful. Whenever talking about natural home remedies for skin issues, people should think of Aloe Vera initially. Once again, we would like to emphasize that applying Aloe Vera for psoriasis is worthy and effective.
Now is the time for you to look at a wide range of methods that we provide you below.
Learn more: How to treat psoriasis on skin & scalp
4. How To Use
4.1. Pure Aloe Vera
Aloe Vera itself can treat psoriasis effectively. We suggest you this process to treat on all over the affected skin areas along with joints and nails as well. Among all the tips on how to utilize Aloe Vera for psoriasis, it is the simplest and easiest method.
- Clean and peel the Aloe Vera leaf
- Separate to get its gel.
- Directly apply the gel to your skin. Then give it a gentle massage. Remember to do in circles for about two minutes.
- You can rinse off after 15 minutes. In another way, you can leave it overnight.
- Try to apply three times per day.
- Optional: Wrap the infected skin areas after applied Aloe Vera gel with a plastic sheet. By that way, you can lock the moisture.
Is it such an easy method? In our opinion, if you are not able to prepare additional ingredients to support Aloe Vera’s functions, you should apply this method because it is not only simple but also effective.
Read more: How to prevent psoriasis outbreak with diet
4.2. Drinking Fresh Aloe Vera Juice
Another way to use Aloe Vera for psoriasis is to drink its juice. Actually, psoriasis might result from a deficiency of vitamin B12. Therefore, supplying a sufficient amount of this vitamin is essential to treat the disease. One of the most effective ways to do that is drinking Aloe Vere juice because this natural home remedy contains a significant amount of vitamin B12. In fact, it does not require you to prepare too much for a glass of this juice. You should spend a little time and effort to make this recipe.
- Take some Aloe Vera leaves. Then peel and get its gel.
- Blend Aloe Vera gel and drink at least a quarter cup of its juice every day.
- An interesting suggestion: you can make it into smoothies by combining with fruit and vegetable juice.
- Drink before having breakfast and dinner
- Note: If you are during the pregnancy or getting lactating, you should avoid drinking this juice.
Related article: Natural treatments for psoriasis
4.3. Combining WithShea Butter And Coconut Oil
It is fine if you cannot combine pure Aloe Vera with other remedies. However, it would work better if you combine itself with Shea butter and organic coconut oil. It does not take you much time to do so. Here is our recipe for you to try.
- Aloe Vera: 1 teaspoon
- Coconut oil: 1 teaspoon
- Shea butter: 1 teaspoon
- Mix all the ingredients together and stir well.
- Apply directly on your skin and then massage gently in circles. After 2 minutes, stop massaging.
- You can use lukewarm water to rinse off after 20 minutes or leave it overnight.
- Repeat the process on a daily basis
- Small note: If you do not have Shea butter, you can mix Aloe Vera with lukewarm coconut oil and use as usual. Then rinse off after a few minutes.
It is very easy to follow this recipe. If you have Shea butter, cocoa butter, and natural oils containing vitamin B5 such as jojoba, lavender, vitamin E oil, and evening primrose, calendula, and so on, you can make a great moisturizing cream whose purpose is to deal with psoriasis. Hopefully, it works well in your own situation.
Read more: Natural home remedies for anal itching
4.4. Aloe Vera And Tea Tree Oil
Another perfect combination when using Aloe Vera for psoriasis is to mix with tea tree oil. As you know, tea tree oil is well known with its anti-bacterial, anti-inflammatory, and antiseptic properties. Thanks to these great functions, this organic oil has the ability to relieve itching, redness, and burning as well.
- Pure Aloe Vera gel: 100 ml
- Tea tree oil: 6 drops
- Lavender oil: 10ml
- Avocado oil: 10ml
- German chamomile: 3 drops
- Jojoba oil: 10ml
- Vitamin E oil: 10ml
- Patchouli: 4ml
- Bergamot: 10ml
- Mix all the ingredients together
- Pour the solution into an airtight container
- Then let stand overnight
- You can apply the solution to your skin after taking a shower
- Massage in circles. Keep massaging 2 minutes.
- After a few minutes, rinse off with fresh water.
- Do this twice per day
Read more: Home remedies for heat rash on face & neck
4.5. Aloe Vera Combined With Coconut Oil
Once again, we would like to introduce you some other methods to combine coconut oil and Aloe Vera for psoriasis. In general, they cooperate with each other and act as a great moisturizer for skin. Coconut oil is known as an anti-fungal as well as anti-bacterial organic oil. In fact, both Aloe Vera gel and coconut oil have the ability to soften and nourish your skin.
- Extra virgin coconut oil: half a cup
- Fresh Aloe Vera gel: 1/3 cup
- Lavender oil, peppermint oil, rose oil: 3 drops each of them
- Melt the coconut oil and mix with Aloe Vera gel.
- Use a whisker to stir it well for 5-7 minutes.
- Then add lavender oil, peppermint oil, and rose oil to the mixture.
- Store it in a container and set aside.
- After a few hours, take the mixture out and apply directly on the infected skin. Let it be overnight.
- In the morning, you should wash with lukewarm water.
- Keep the solution in the fridge.
- Do this on a nightly basis.
The combination of coconut oil and Aloe Vera for psoriasis will be a great lotion for you. Therefore, it is effective to use this mixture for the moisturizing purpose. We think that it would be a great suggestion for you to use fresh Aloe Vera for psoriasis treatment. Try it if you think it will work well in your own situation.
Read more: How to use coconut oil for sunburn skin
- Coconut oil: 2 teaspoons
- Fresh Aloe Vera: 4 teaspoons
- Vitamin E oil: half a teaspoon
- Peppermint oil: A few drops
- Melt the coconut oil
- Mix with Aloe Vera, vitamin E oil in a blender.
- Then add some drops of peppermint oil to the mixture.
- Pour it into an airtight container. Keep in fridge.
- When using, apply the solution directly on your skin and leave on overnight.
- Rinse off with lukewarm water tomorrow.
- Do this regularly to attain the best result.
With these processes, you can turn fresh Aloe Vera into a great solution for psoriasis. In fact, you need to prepare additional ingredients to support the functions of coconut oil and Aloe Vera for psoriasis. If you do not have enough ingredients included in the recipes, you can seek for another method that we are going to show you late.
Learn more: Homemade coconut oil shampoo recipes
4.6. Aloe Vera With Full-Fat Milk
As said before, if you do not have enough essential oils or a wide range of additional ingredients, you can apply other simple methods. For example, we suggest you use milk with pure and fresh Aloe Vera for psoriasis. Here is the process.
- Aloe Vera gel: 1 tablespoon
- Full-fat milk: 1 tablespoon
- Mix Aloe Vera gel with full-fat milk. Then stir it well.
- Apply the mixture on your skin by using your fingertips.
- Let it be in about 20 minutes or you can leave on overnight.
- Then rinse off with water.
- Do this on a regular basis.
- Small note: you can substitute Aloe Vera gel by its juice to make the solution.
It is quite an easy method to use Aloe Vera for psoriasis, which is preferred by a large number of women who suffer from this disease.
Read more: How to use Aloe Vera for skin whitening
4.7. Combine With Menthol, Clove Oil, And Witch Hazel
Many additional ingredients can combine with fresh Aloe Vera to treat psoriasis. Menthol, clove oil, as well as Witch hazel are also among the great combination with this natural home remedy.
- Aloe Vera gel: 1 teaspoon
- Vitamin E oil, menthol, tea tree oil, clove oil, Witch hazel, pine tar, cedar leaf oil: half a teaspoon each of them
- Mix all the ingredients together. Then apply the mixture on your skin.
- Gently massage in circles. Keep doing in 2 minutes.
- Leave on overnight or only a few hours
- Wash out with lukewarm water and pat dry.
- Do the same process every day
Learn more: Natural homemade cough syrup recipe
4.8. Aloe Vera – Cayenne Pepper
You also make use of cayenne pepper to treat psoriasis. When it is combined with pure Aloe Vera, both of them become an effective solution for this symptom. If you are looking for a simple way to treat this skin issue, you should not ignore the great impact of this method, in general.
- Aloe Vere gel: 1/4 cup
- Cayenne pepper: 2 teaspoons
- Mix both Aloe Vera and cayenne pepper in a small bowl.
- Apply the mixture on your skin after taking a shower or in advance to going to bed.
- Let it be at least in few hours or one night.
- Wash out with cool water.
- Do the process on a daily basis.
- Small note: Because cayenne pepper can cause burning sensation, thus, you should wash it off immediately if you this symptom appears. Then moisturize your skin.
Learn more: Natural Aloe Vera face masks
Do you think using Aloe Vera for psoriasis is simple? We have introduced you many ways to combine other natural ingredients with pure Aloe Vera for psoriasis. We think that all of them will work well as its functions. Hopefully, you can choose the most suitable method for your own. It is also our pity because we cannot provide you all of the possible treatments made from fresh Aloe Vera for psoriasis. Therefore, we always highly welcome you to share your ideas about this topic. If you have other methods, you can share with us. Also, you are highly appreciated to leave your comments about our article below. It would be our big pleasure to listen to all your thoughts and answer all of your questions about Aloe Vera for psoriasis issue. This site is also for you to give us your feedbacks after applying our methods to treat psoriasis. For further information about Health, you can visit our main site.
Want More Content Like This In Your Inbox?
- Renegade mental golf review – is Stephen Ladd’s system useful?
- 14 healthy homemade spaghetti sauce recipes for everyone!
- 12 Tips And Ways On How To Make Yourself Throw Up Fast When Sick
- Foods for water retention: 14 best choices
- How to relieve itchy eyes naturally at home – 7 tips
- How to treat sunburn blisters fast at home – 15 ways to act
- Easy and healthy detox smoothie recipes are exposed
- Vitiligo miracle review – is David’s program beneficial?