Acid reflux or gastroesophageal reflux is a very common disorder of the digestion. It often occurs when the acid and other contents in the stomach are back into the esophagus. In other words, people have to face to acid reflux when the LES (lower esophageal sphincter), a circle of smooth muscle fibers separating the esophagus out of the stomach, closes improperly thereby allowing food and acid in the stomach to flow back into the esophagus. This digestive disorder always makes the patients annoyed and decreased confidence.
The main reason of acid reflux is the deficiency of stomach acid to break down and digest the taken foods. And this failure inflames and irritates the esophageal wall thereby which leading to heartburn, nausea, bloating, and acid reflux. There have been many remedies given to treat this negative condition including medical and homemade remedies, but the natural ones are highly appreciated. A proper diet plays an important role in preventing and treating this problem. And apple cider vinegar is recommended to be added to the daily diet as an effective natural treatment for acid reflux. Besides using apple cider vinegar for acid reflux, people also use it to cure high blood pressure, yeast infections, and skin fungus.
6 Ways How To Use Apple Cider Vinegar For Acid Reflux
At present, VKool.com would like to show you 6 natural ways to use apple cider vinegar for acid reflux that are also known as the best ones with the vinegar along and other natural ingredients for effectively preventing and treating acid reflux at home. With the reliable information chosen from various source, you can really believe in the suggested recipes. Our article, however, just aims at informational purpose and not to give medical methods. Continue reading the writing to understand these useful methods of apple cider vinegar for acid reflux treatment.
1. Water Addition To Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple cider vinegar for acid reflux is not a strange concept for almost of people, especially for those who suffer from this digestive disorder. It is because that the vinegar has been proved to be beneficial for acid reflux treatment due to its healthy contents.
With a high level of calcium, magnesium, potassium, phosphorus, and other minerals, apple cider vinegar effectively aids in digesting foods and losing weight. It helps balance the pH level of the lower esophageal sphincter and the stomach so that the food is better digested and the acid reflux condition is effectively prevented. In other words, drinking apple cider vinegar supplies the lower esophageal sphincter with the acidity essential for maintaining a proper functioning.
Vinegar is naturally acidic, which improves digestion by aiding in breaking down the fats thereby preventing the risks of acid reflux. And a regular consumption of this vinegar is beneficial for the food digestion and absorption, which is necessary to reduce acid reflux. It also provides a vitamin and mineral array in order to stimulate a more alkaline environment in the human body, which inhibits the harmful bacteria to keep a healthy digestion.
Below is a recommended dose of apple cider vinegar for acid reflux treatment that includes water and honey.
- Mix 2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar with 8 ounces of either cold or hot water
- Add little honey to the mixed drink if you want to make it more tasteful
- Drink the beverage before each meal or when having a heartburn strike
- Sprinkle the mixed vinegar to your salad or add it to your cooking, smoothies, and other drinks
Note: Avoid drinking apple cider vinegar without diluting because it can irritate the esophagus and damage the tooth enamel.
2. Combination Of Apple Cider Vinegar And Honey
Besides apple cider vinegar for acid reflux, honey is also known as an excellent one for this digestive disorder. The reason is that honey is very rich in potassium, which stimulates the neutralization of the acid in the stomach and helps cure acid reflux. The combination of honey and apple cider vinegar makes a more effective food for acid reflux treatment. Click To Tweet Here is the direction of this healthy beverage:
- Mix 2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar with 2 tablespoons of honey
- Sip the mixed drink to alleviate the acid reflux symptoms
- Take in this drink when you get a heartburn or acid reflux to treat them quickly and effectively
3. Mixture Of Apple Cider Vinegar And Baking Soda
Baking soda is the next ingredient that is combined to take the advantages of apple cider vinegar for acid reflux. When added to apple cider vinegar, baking soda also helps neutralize the acid to 7.0 before drinking. If there is not this functioning, the acidity then causes dental sensitivity and more serious enamel erosion. And the mixture of apple cider vinegar and baking soda in the water requires all of the nutritional benefits of this vinegar in a less acidic form. Here is the detailed direction of this combination.
- Mix 2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar with 1/4 teaspoon of baking soda then pour 250 mg water into the mixture (the water volume can be changed due to your taste)
- Stir the baking soda and vinegar well in the water and drink it 2 or 3 times daily when your stomach is empty for at least 5 days in order to relieve the acid reflux symptoms
- Consume the drink whenever you get acid reflux.
Note: If you are suffering from a severe acid reflux, mix 2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar in 2 tablespoons (instead of 2 teaspoons) of baking soda in 300 grams of water the drink it 2 to 3 times a day.
4. Special Apple Cider Vinegar With The Mother
Apple cider vinegar that is organic, unheated, unfiltered, and unpasteurized has the cloudy mother enzyme with a large number of nutrients. So, it is always highly appreciated in the prevention of acid reflux.
To treat acid reflux condition, you just have to drink apple cider vinegar with the mother by diluting 2 teaspoons of it in 8 oz of water. Besides, you have to consume Bragg Apple Cider Vinegar or other apple cider vinegar brand that contains mother.
Learn more: 10 Best natural home remedies for GERD
5. Consumption Of White Vinegar
Along with apple cider vinegar for acid reflux, white distilled vinegar is also recommended to treat this condition. This vinegar is made from grain then diluted in water with 5% acidity, which makes it ideal for breaking down the food and improving the digestion including the acid reflux relief. Now are the ways to use white vinegar as a treatment of this digestive disorder.
- Mix a tablespoon or a teaspoon of white vinegar (depending on per condition) with a cup of water then drink it to remove acid reflux. Consume it when you face to heartburn or acid reflux.
- Use white vinegar as an adding of smoothies, juices, or sprinkle it on your salad and to make them more beneficial for the digestion while their taste is improved.
See more: 15 Home remedies for splinters removal
6. Some More Tips
There are some ways to use apple cider vinegar for acid reflux as above, but you also pay attention to some matter that can bring the bad effects to your own body. Follow these points when using apple cider vinegar for acid reflux to make sure there will be no problems later.
- Drink apple cider vinegar with a straw as the vinegar is quite highly acidic which may damage the enamel. And remember to swish your mouth with water as soon as drinking it.
- Apple cider vinegar can interact with some medications such as laxatives, diuretics, diabetes drugs, or heart disease medications and it also worsens an ulcer problem, so avoid consuming the vinegar if you are in any above cases.
- Apple cider vinegar cannot be applied to those who suffer from the osteoporosis or arthritis because as it can lower the potassium level. The best way is consulting your doctor.
- Besides using apple cider vinegar for acid reflux, you should maintain a proper diet and habits. You should not consume some types of food like tomatoes, citrus, peppers as they irritate the esophagus. You should not also take in caffeine that weakens your LES muscle. You should finally give up smoking and reduce alcohol to relieve heartburn and acid reflux completely.
Recommended article: 27 Best recipes of low- calorie Indian food for weight loss
There is more information about health problems in our main Health page, thus, drop by if you want to get more. With the article of 6 ways of using apple cider vinegar for acid reflux disease, we hope that you all understand the disease more as well as its treatments with the vinegar. Our recommended methods are absolutely safe and effective for the treatment of this digestive disorder, but it is advised to check your body reaction with them by small tests before using them as your main treatment. Please leave your questions and comments below then we will reply as soon as possible. Additionally, let us know your experiences with your own ways of using the apple cider vinegar for acid reflux disease.