Arthritis is a common disease that often occurs in adults and elderly people. Once suffering from this disease, most of the patients have to experience its symptoms along with their lives and they can just prevent it from developing or becoming serious. Arthritis can cause abnormal pain, chronic inflammation, and stiffness in the joints of the body such as hands, fingers, elbows, hip, knees, and jaw. Arthritis is considered to be very common in the United States when it affects about 21 million Americans. While there are more than 100 types of arthritis with different severity, osteoarthritis that is also called degenerative joint disease may be the most common one.
Without absolute treatment for arthritis, people have found many remedies to relieve its symptoms like physical therapy, pain medication, surgery, and other home remedies with natural ingredients. And apple cider vinegar is always recommended to be the most effective home remedy for this arthritic disease. The vinegar has been long used in folk medicine on those with arthritis because it is very beneficial in relieving pain linked to arthritis and slowing the development of the disease. Besides, people also take advantages of apple cider vinegar to regulate the cholesterol level, lose weight, and improve skin health.
In this article, VKool.com will recommend you 11 ways on how to use apple cider vinegar for arthritis. The article supplied the best ways that use apple cider vinegar along with other natural ingredients to relieve arthritic pain effectively at home. You can absolutely believe in the suggested recipes because the information is found from really reliable sources. However, it does not tend to give medical method and it is just for the informational purpose. Keep reading the article to learn these useful methods on how to use apple cider vinegar for arthritis quickly and effectively.
11 Ways On How To Use Apple Cider Vinegar For Arthritis Pain
1. Water And Apple Cider Vinegar For Arthritis
Apple cider vinegar for arthritis is not strange words for almost of people particularly for those who are facing to this problem. The functioning of the vinegar in arthritis regulation comes from its own nutritious contents. While the deficiency of minerals can exacerbate joint pain, this vinegar is very rich in calcium, potassium, phosphorus, and magnesium that are all necessary to dull that pain. Its magnesium can also aid the bones in absorbing calcium in order to strengthen the bone health. Plus, apple cider vinegar has a high level of acids and enzymes required to boost the food digestion and absorption so that supplying enough nutrients for healthy joints. Its antioxidants are able to prevent the free radicals from making damaging effects and the damage of cell and tissue associated with degenerative conditions like arthritis.
In addition, while arthritis disease is partially caused by the metabolic waste existing in the connective tissues, apple cider vinegar can help absorb toxins and remove them from the body due to its malic acid, acetic acid, and pectin. With a proper consumption of this vinegar, the arthritic pain and stiffness can be effectively reduced because it dissolves the acid crystals building up in the joints. And apple cider vinegar also helps balance the pH level of the body. Below is the way to use this vinegar for arthritis relief:
- Mix 1 to 3 teaspoons of apple cider vinegar with 8 ounces water
- Add a few drops of honey to the mixed drink if you want to raise its taste
- Drink 3 times a day before each meal
- Alternatively, use this mixture as an ointment of external pain relief.
2. The Combination of ACV & Cherry Juice
Besides apple cider vinegar for arthritis, cherry juice is also known as an excellent remedy for the arthritis relief. It is because the just has been proved to have the ability to soothe the pain and prevent the risk of gout. According to the research, cherry juice helped the runners experience a considerably smaller pain increase during and after the race. And for the arthritic patients, it helps relieve the joint pain with knee osteoarthritis due to its anti-inflammatory properties.
Another example is the positive effects of cherry juice on gout, a type of arthritis causing constant intense pain and swelling. This amazing juice can combat arthritis by lowering the c-reactive protein that causes inflammation and the uric acid level that is the main reason of gout in high concentrations. The richness of anthocyanins in cherry also makes it ideal for battling the inflammation.
The combination of apple cider vinegar & cherry juice makes a better drink for the arthritic relief. You should follow this direction:
- Stir 1 teaspoon of apple cider vinegar in a glass of cherry juice
- Consume the mixed drink twice a day to soothe your arthritis pain.
- Besides, add cherries and apple cider vinegar to your daily diet to boost energy and improve the immune system.
Read more: foods to reduce inflammation in the body
3. Apple Cider Vinegar And Honey
Honey is another ingredient that aids in taking advantage of apple cider vinegar for arthritis. Both of them are very rich in potassium and when combined together, they bring an alkalizing effect, which helps create a proper and good stomach environment and stimulate the digestive process. Moreover, honey helps eliminate toxins from the body thereby detoxifying the system. With a rich source of minerals including pectin, potassium, calcium, natural silicon, phosphorus, magnesium, and tartaric acids, it is really beneficial for the whole health. In other words, using honey with vinegar is a way to maintain a healthy acid- alkaline balance.
There are 2 ways to combine apple cider vinegar with honey:
- Mix 2 tsp of apple cider vinegar with 2 tsp of honey with a glass of water
- Stir them well then keep drinking 3 times a day
Note: This drink can dissolve the uric acid existing between joints and muscles so it prevents the risk of arthritis. Rheumatoid arthritis is effectively relieved by this drink.
- Mix a teaspoon of apple cider vinegar and a teaspoon of honey in a cup of warm water.
- Consume the drink every morning to soothe the arthritis pain
Note: This drink gets rid of toxins existing in joints or connective tissue.
See also: ginger for arthritis treatment
4. Apple Cider Vinegar And Carrier Oils
Some essential oils can be used with apple cider vinegar for arthritis relief.
If you want to improve your sleep while suffering from arthritic pain and inflammation, you should place a diffuser in your bedroom and diffuse some essential oils during your sleep. Besides, you can mix apple cider vinegar with a carrier oil then rub it directly on the area with arthritic pain. Follow these directions:
- Mix 1 tablespoon of olive or coconut oil with 2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar
- Apply the mixture to the painful areas and massage the arthritic joints for 5 minutes and clean them well
- Apply the mixture daily as a medical remedy to relieve the pain.
Learn more: benefits of eucalyptus essential oil
5. Apple Cider Vinegar Poultice
People may use many types of poultice for their pain joints and apple cider vinegar is considered to be one of them. Besides a proper and healthy diet, you should apply some outside remedies for arthritis pain more quickly and effectively. And below is the way to make poultice made from apple cider vinegar for arthritis disease.
- Add ¼ cup of apple cider vinegar and 1 ½ cups of water to a pan then heat the liquid to make it comfortably warm for touching
- Soak a washcloth in the warm liquid and wring it out then rub it onto the painful joints.
- Use a dry towel to wrap it while retaining heat and keep for 10 to 15 minutes
- As the cloth cools, soak and wring, and apply it again; repeat as you want.
6. Apple Cider Vinegar Tonic
Another way to use apple cider vinegar for arthritis is taking it as a tonic. This type of medication comes with no side effects while effectively aiding in relieving the symptoms. Here is the recipe of apple cider vinegar tonic:
- Stir 1 tablespoon of apple cider vinegar, 1 teaspoon of each honey and cinnamon in a 10 oz glass of peppermint tea.
- Consume the drink once a day to soothe arthritis pain.
Note: Apple cider vinegar tonic is antifungal, antibacterial and acts as an antacid.
7. Apple Cider Vinegar Bath
Patients of arthritic disease need to have a healthy routine besides a proper diet. It is so amazing that taking a bath with apple cider vinegar can help ease the arthritis pain. Follow this direction:
- Add 1 to 2 cups of apple cider vinegar to your hot bath
- Soak in the bath for about 30 minutes while massaging your entire body: begin at the feet and go up to your each leg, massage the torso, arms then neck, finally stroke your face gently and not pull the skin downward.
- After bathing, do a dry massage on your whole body.
- Take this bath regularly as possible.
8. Apple Cider Vinegar Soak
Using soak of apple cider vinegar for arthritis is another way to relieve its symptoms. Calling it “soak” may be strange but it is really useful for your problem.
- Stir 1 cup of apple cider vinegar in 6 cups of warm water
- Soak your painful joints into the liquid for more than 30 minutes
- Apply this soak whenever you have arthritic pain.
Read more: home remedies for swollen glands
9. Apple Cider Vinegar For Hand Arthritis
Osteoarthritis regularly occurs to the hands, which is more common for women than men. Fortunately, apple cider vinegar can help relieve pain and stiffness on the fingers and hands. There are 2 ways with their different functioning:
Direction 1: Apple cider vinegar for hand pain and stiffness
To reduce the hand pain and stiffness caused by arthritis, cayenne pepper is recommended to combine with apple cider vinegar because they both contain anti-inflammatory and alkalizing contents necessary for reducing these symptoms.
- Make a paste by mixing a small volume of apple cider vinegar with cayenne pepper
- Apply the paste to your painful joints for 15 minutes
- Alternatively, stir a ¼ teaspoon of cayenne pepper in a cup of warm apple cider vinegar then soak your hands and fingers in until the pain stops.
Direction 2: Apple cider vinegar for gout
- Stir 2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar in a cup of water and drink it once a day
- The drink is very beneficial in reducing inflammation, blocking the production of uric acid, and alkalizes thereby balancing the pH level in the body.
10. Applying ACV For People With Rheumatoid Arthritis
Other methods of apple cider vinegar for arthritis are specific for the rheumatoid arthritic condition. The vinegar can dissolve the acid crystals causing the inflammation and joint stiffness that is related to rheumatoid arthritis. There are also 2 ways to follow:
Direction 1: Apple cider vinegar massage
- Warm up ½ cup of apple cider vinegar until getting a comfortable temperature
- Apply the warm vinegar to the painful joints and massage them gently for few minutes.
Direction 2: Apple cider vinegar and castor oil
Both of the apple cider vinegar and castor oil are useful in reducing inflammation, restoring damaged tissue and boosting the immune system. The combination can be mixed as follow:
- Apply adequate apple cider vinegar to your painful joints
- When the vinegar is absolutely absorbed, apply castor oil to them and massage gently
- Use a cotton cloth to wrap the joints and a plastic to cover in order not to stain.
11. Apple Cider Vinegar For Arthritis – Tips And Precautions
- Just use raw, organic, unfiltered, and unpasteurized apple cider vinegar which contains the Mother and Bragg apple cider vinegar is highly recommended. The liquid vinegar is more effective than the tablet form.
- The vinegar can also cause throat and stomach pain in some cases.
- People who are sensitive or during the time using other medication should consult their doctor before using apple cider vinegar for arthritis.
- Remember to dilute the vinegar and drink it through a straw to avoid tooth enamel damage.
- Don’t use apple cider vinegar for arthritis for a long term because its acidity may lower potassium level and bone density.
- The vinegar can be sprinkled on the salad or used as an ingredient in foods and juices.
Related article: how to use turmeric for arthritis treatment
To get more information related to health problems, go to our main Health page. After reading the article of 11 effective ways on how to use apple cider vinegar for arthritis, hope that you can know more some simple ways to use this vinegar for the arthritic disease. All these methods are safe, natural, cost effective as well as easily available for treating this problem, but you should apply the remedies only after carrying out a small test, checking your body reaction, and then continue using them for the best result. If you have any question or comment, please leave them below, I will respond you as soon as possible. Also, you can share your experiences with us if you know other ways on how to use the apple cider vinegar for arthritis.