Acid reflux, also commonly called acid indigestion, often results from the failure of LES (the lower esophageal sphincter) to contract after consuming food, which causes stomach acid to regurgitate up the esophagus. Acid reflux causes heartburn but no pain. However, in some serious instances, gastroesophageal reflux disease will occur.
Baking soda (also called sodium bicarbonate) is a white crystalline compound that is used as a gastric antacid, which aids in alkalinizing urine as well as washing out the body cavities. Baking soda is used successfully to cure the acid reflux.
In this article, Vkool.com will show you 5 useful ways on how to use baking soda for acid reflux relief without any side effect. This article listed the best methods that use baking soda along with some other natural ingredients to treat acid reflux effectively at home from reliable sources. However, it is not intended to give medical advice and it is solely for the informational purpose. Keep reading this article to learn these useful methods on how to use baking soda for acid reflux relief.
How To Use Baking Soda For Acid Reflux Relief? – 5 Useful Ways
You will get instant relief from acid reflux when you use baking soda as a remedy for it. You can have a look on its natural properties to know how it treats acid reflux fast.
- Baking soda is one of the effective methods to treat acid reflux. Whenever you suffer from this problem, the acid will burn the stomach causing indigestion along with discomfort. Baking soda helps in neutralizing the stomach acids and preventing acid reflux. Being a quick acting antacid, baking soda will give instant relief from acid reflux, heartburn, upset stomach, and indigestion, etc.
- In addition, it also works as a good alkaline substance in your digestive tract that aids in neutralizing stomach acids. With the decreased acidity level, the acid contents in the stomach will have not the ability to move back into your esophagus and thereby reducing the burning sensation in your throat and chest.
- It can help to keep the balanced pH level within your bloodstream. This will reduce the acid levels in your stomach, which prevent the harmful effects of this disease.
1. Baking Soda And Water
This is one of the effective remedies that is used commonly in some treatments of acid reflux and heartburn. Here are detailed directions on how to use baking soda for acid reflux relief. You should follow this simple method to reduce the acid reflux problem.
- Baking soda – 1 tablespoon
- Water – ½ cup
- At first, you add baking soda into the cup of water.
- Then, you mix them thoroughly.
- Finally, you drink it slowly and completely.
- You should drink this water whenever you suffer from this problem. However, you have to consult your doctor if you are having continuous acid reflux issue. This will give only short-term relief from acid reflux.
Learn more: Beauty advantages of baking soda on your skin
2. Baking Soda, Honey, And Warm Water
Apart from working as a soothing agent, organic honey can help to adjust the pH of the body and neutralize the stomach acids. Therefore, you should have a tablespoon of honey before going to bed or follow these directions on how to use baking soda for acid reflux relief.
- Baking soda – 1 teaspoon
- Warm water – 1 cup
- Honey – 1 teaspoon
- Firstly, you take baking soda, honey, and one cup of warm water.
- Next, you add baking soda and honey into this cup and stir them well so that baking soda is dissolved completely in this water.
- Finally, you consume this water completely. This way helps to decrease the burning sensation and give you relief from acid reflux.
- You should repeat this remedy continuously whenever you suffer from acid reflux.
3. Baking Soda, Apple Cider Vinegar, And Water
Apple cider vinegar has an acidic nature that can help to break down fats as well as balance the pH levels. In addition, apple cider vinegar can also aid in better digestion.
- Baking soda – ¼ teaspoon
- Apple cider vinegar – 2 tablespoons
- Water – 200 milligrams
- Firstly, you take baking soda, apple cider vinegar, and water.
- Then, you mix baking soda and this vinegar in water so that they are dissolved completely.
- Finally, you drink this water slowly when your stomach is empty.
- You can have it for 2 or 3 times per day for not more than five days.
- If you suffer from severe acid reflux, you mix baking soda (2 tablespoons) with apple cider vinegar (2 tablespoons) in water and drink this water for 2 or 3 times per day to get relief from acid reflux completely.
- Because mixing baking soda and this vinegar baking soda creates a lot of bubbles, you should do this process in a big empty pitcher or pour the vinegar very slowly to avoid creating bubbling. You should choose a minimum pH of apple cider vinegar of 6.0 to stop enamel erosion.
4. Baking Soda, Lemon Juice, And Warm Water
Lemon juice helps to create calcium carbonate that neutralizes digestive acids.
- Baking soda – ½ teaspoon
- Lemon juice – a few drops
- Warm water – 1 cup
- Firstly, you take baking soda and lemon juice
- Then, you mix them well in the cup of warm water.
- Finally, you simply drink this water.
- You should continue doing this way regularly to treat acid reflux.
5. Baking Soda, Lemon Juice, Apple Cider Vinegar, And Water
Vinegar is acidic naturally that aids in digestion by helping to break down the fats as well as to prevent acid reflux. The acetic acid in apple cider vinegar helps in better digestion thanks to its alkaline-based digestive property. Here are the simple directions on how to use baking soda for acid reflux relief that you should try!
- Baking soda – 1 teaspoon
- Apple cider vinegar – a few drops
- Lemon juice – a few drops
- Water – 1 cup
- Firstly, you take baking soda, apple cider vinegar, and lemon juice.
- Then, you add them into the cup of water.
- Finally, you mix them well and consume this solution slowly.
- You should continue drinking this water regularly.
See more: The book of cure your heartburn
You should follow these precautions while you are using baking soda to treat acid reflux for safe as well as without side effects on the health.
- Although baking soda can reduce the acidity along with acid reflux, it can also result in some undesirable side effects such as stomach gas which in turn leads to abdominal distention, belching, discomfort, pain, and nausea.
- Prolonged consumption of baking soda can affect the process of digestion because of over neutralization of the stomach acids.
- It may also raise your blood pressure, especially when you suffer from prehypertensive or are sensitive to sodium found in baking soda. You should consult your doctor if you are in the salt-restricted diet.
- You do not confuse about baking powder with baking soda. They are different and you have to avoid having sodium bicarbonate in large quantities because it can cause diarrhea.
- You do not give it to your children under 5-year-olds. For adults, you do not have more than six glasses per day and for aged people, you do not give them more than 3 glasses. Make sure that you do not have it for more than two weeks.
- Baking soda will reduce the level of minerals and vitamins in your body, particularly vitamins B, chromium, and folic acid. It must be taken with your empty stomach i.e. either 1 hour before or 3 hours after eating your meals.
- When you dissolve baking soda in water, it will release carbon dioxide causing fizz. This fizz will open the lower esophageal sphincter to help you to burp and relieve pressure from bloating. However, opening the lower esophageal sphincter will also let stomach contents reflux up into your esophagus.
- Make sure that baking soda must be dissolved completely in water before drinking. You should also consult your doctor if you are getting a stomach ache after drinking this solution.
Baking soda aids in preventing the acid reflux instantly. However, it only gives you a temporary relief from this problem and you should follow some tips such as quit smoking, avoid drinking, avoid consuming fatty, spicy, oily foods, avoid the food that causes heartburn or acid reflux, etc. definitely help to treat the heartburn and acid reflux problem completely.
To get more information related to health problems, go to our main Conditions & Diseases page. After studying the writing of 5 useful methods on how to use baking soda for acid reflux relief, hope that this article will help you learn more some easy and simple ways to use baking soda for treating acid reflux. All these remedies are safe, natural, cost effective as well as easily available baking soda cures for treating acid reflux. But do not forget that you have to try the remedies only after carrying out a small test by some amount and later check your body reaction and after that continue it to keep diarrhea at bay. If you have any question or comment, please leave them below, I will respond you as soon as possible. Also, you can share your experiences with us if you know other ways on how to use baking soda for acid reflux relief.
Want More Content Like This In Your Inbox?
- 10 natural home remedies for tinnitus or ear ringing
- 11 Methods on how to use green tea for acne
- 22 Natural home remedies for clogged ears
- 43 Tips On How To Get Rid Of Plaque In Arteries & Veins Naturally
- 18 Best diet tips for men health
- Secret of a power serve review – does Kyri’s course work?
- Causes Of Depression & Anxiety In Teens/ Among College Students
- Ageless mobility program review – is the fitness guide good?