Eucalyptus essential oil is one wonderful essential oil coming from the Eucalyptus tree. Particularly it has a pleasing, strong aroma, very refreshing yet somewhat medicinal as well. This oil can be used for many purposes in your home, as you are going outside and also for many personal health issues. The benefits of eucalyptus oil for health are wide ranging and well-known, and its properties include antispasmodic, anti-inflammatory, decongestant, deodorant, antiseptic, stimulating, antibacterial, and other medicinal qualities as well. Besides, it also is useful for hair and skin care. Here are 29 benefits of eucalyptus essential oil for hair, skin & health and its uses that are collected by VKool. Go ahead as well as check them out!
29 Benefits Of Eucalyptus Essential Oil For Hair, Skin & Health That Amaze You
Benefits Of Eucalyptus Essential Oil For Health
1. Dental Problems
Eucalyptus essential oil is not useful for your health but also for your beauty. Eucalyptus essential oil can treat gingivitis, cavities, and even dental plaque as well. Its germicidal characteristics assist to make it a helpful tool to combat dental problems. These characteristics, mixed with its naturally sweet smell, will make eucalyptus oil become a go-to drug for problems of dental.
You need to diffuse the eucalyptus oil throughout your room and then massage it onto reflex points of your feet and also on the throat, the chest and the back to get cure from an incessant cough. Particularly, the vapors emanating from this oil can soothe the throat and the nasal passage, offering respite from cough.
Due to the vasodilation, using eucalyptus essential oil daily can raise circulation in diabetic patients. Simply, you can also massage this oil onto the body, together with a little lotion after each bath, because the massage helps increase your blood circulation.
Learn more: Reverse Diabetes Now Review
Massage some drops of the oil over your abdomen in one counter-clockwise direction to ease inflammation, diarrhea, and to fight infection as well.
5. Ear Inflammation
Never directly put essential oil into your ear cavity. However, you can also easily massage this eucalyptus oil around your outer ear for relief.
6. Kidney Stones
Generally, kidney stones can actually bring one person down. The painful condition may be debilitating. You need to massage 1-2 drops of this oil over the afflicted part to get some cure from the unbearable pain thrice in a day. But if your pain persists, you should seek medical advice.
Learn more: 9 Solutions For Kidney Stones In Men And Women
Diffuse eucalyptus essential oil throughout your home until the illness lasts and massage some drops of this oil into the reflex points of your feet. Repeat this for a minimum of 2-3 times per day to obtain good results.
You need to massage some drops of eucalyptus oil on your chest during an asthma attack. Also, you can directly inhale the aroma to breathe better.
Massage the eucalyptus oil on the chest, throat and back, or inhale from one bottle, or drop this oil on the shirt collar to get immediate cure from Bronchitis-related symptoms.
To get instant cure from nasal congestion, you need to inhale some drops of the eucalyptus oil. This will not only assist clear your nasal passage, but will also leave you feel rejuvenated.
During the hot months of summer, heat strokes become commonplace. Thus, your body needs instant cooling down, you just place some drops of this oil along with a little peppermint oil (optional) in one bottle and then spray it all over your body. The body temperature will immediately start to fall.
Eucalyptus essential oil contains antiseptic qualities due to its germicidal quality. Therefore, eucalyptus essential oil is used for healing ulcers, wounds, burns, cuts, sores and abrasions. It is also a helpful salve for insect stings and bites. Moreover, besides soothing the affected part, it also protects the irritated area or open wound from developing infections from the microbial activity and also exposure to the air.
13. Mental Exhaustion
A very important reason that a lot of people use eucalyptus essential oil is that it creates one cooling and refreshing effect as well. Normally, people suffering from certain disorders and conditions are slightly sluggish. Eucalyptus essential oil, a stimulant, gets rid of exhaustion as well as mental sluggishness and restores the spirits of the sick. Also, it can be effective in the treatment of mental disorders and stress. Apart from mental exhaustion, this oil is generally used to encourage mental activity and raise blood flow to your brain.
14. Muscle Pain
One of the best benefits of eucalyptus essential oil is to treat muscle pain. If you are experiencing muscle and joint pain, massaging this oil on the surface of your skin helps to relieve pain and stress. The volatile eucalyptus oil is anti-inflammatory as well as analgesic in nature. Thus it is often suggested to patients suffering from sprained ligaments and tendons, aches, fibrosis stiff, rheumatism, muscles, lumbago, and even nerve pain. This oil had better be massaged in one circular motion on your affected parts of the body.
15. Intestinal Germs
Eucalyptus oil is one vermifuge and is regularly employed to get rid of germs in the intestine. Some studies have indicated that ingesting this oil can deter many of the microbial, bacterial, and parasitic conditions arising in the various parts of your body, particularly susceptible areas such as the intestine and colon.
Eucalyptus essential oil is also used for curing fever and decreasing body temperature. It works well when mixed with peppermint oil and simply sprayed on your body as one mixture of a deodorant as well as a temperature reducer.
17. Room Freshener
The deodorant and antiseptic nature of eucalyptus essential oil makes it an ideal room freshener for hospitals. Also, it kills germs and bacteria in the air, maintaining the environment of the rooms sterilized and clean.
Eucalyptus essential oil is regularly used in soaps, household cleaners, and detergents. This is primarily thanks to its pleasant aroma plus effect as an antibacterial, deodorant, antiseptic, and antimicrobial agent.
19. Pneumonia And Tuberculosis
Eucalyptus essential oil contains plenty of antiseptic and antibacterial qualities, and as massaged onto your chest and used as an inhalant or vapor rub, it can alleviate the symptoms and signs of harmful conditions such as tuberculosis by clearing your lungs and reducing inflammation as well. It is best if used to both the back and the chest, over the area of your lungs.
20. Mouth Wash
Eucalyptus essential oil is one fundamental ingredient in many kinds of toothpastes and mouthwashes. This oil has been indicated to protect against microbial growth which can enhance a host of different diseases and symptoms in the body.
A lot of people add eucalyptus essential oil to baths, saunas and spas because of its refreshing as well as antiseptic attributes. Most of the eucalyptus essential oil benefits can be accessed through the vapor, and topical application or ingestion as well. Therefore, it is generally used in aromatherapy that is frequently added to spa treatment packages.
Benefits Of Eucalyptus Essential Oil For Skin
22. Antiseptic And Remedial Agent
Eucalyptus essential oil is largely applied for first-aid purposes thanks to its vast healing and remedial properties. It is applied for the treatment of minor wounds, cuts, blisters, and bruises as well. Application of this oil heals skin irritation as well as insect bites. Particularly appropriate for skin eruptions plus oily complexions, it’s also used for acne, herpes, and chicken pox. For a helpful homemade remedy, you mix this oil with an equivalent quantity of apple cider vinegar and then dab on the problematic parts. This solution can also be applied as an antiseptic on wounds, boils, and insect bites.
A lot of aromatherapists use eucalyptus essential oil for their cures. The inhalation of this sweet-smelling oil also helps relax your body. You can add some drops of this oil to one hot bath. The aroma and the steam will assist you to calm down. Eucalyptus essential oil is not water soluble and you’ll need to mix it with one dispersant prior to adding it to the water. Bath salts or whole milk are the best dispersants for the essential oil.
24. Relaxes Sore Muscles
Eucalyptus essential oil can be used in therapeutic massages or relaxing. Just add some drops of eucalyptus essential oil to almond or coconut oil and then apply on the skin using a gentle rubbing motion.
Treating shingles is also one of the best benefits of eucalyptus essential oil. As this oil is an anti-inflammatory and antiviral agent, it can help alleviate pain caused by the rash thanks to its strong analgesic properties. Simply, you can either add this oil to a warm bath or apply it in one hot compress on the rash.
Learn more: 9 Solutions For Shingles Symptoms: Pain And Itch
Benefits Of Eucalyptus Essential Oil For Hair
26. Follicle Stimulation
Eucalyptus oil has a lot of chemicals that enhance blood vessel constriction plus cleansing. This procedure, in turn, enhances follicle stimulation. The stimulation enhances hair development. Eucalyptus essential oil is one proven follicle stimulant.
27. Improved Hair Health
One of the best benefits of eucalyptus essential oil is improving hair health. Eucalyptus essential oil improves thickness, shine, and overall health of the hair. But, too much use can really decrease the shine and lead to a greasy scalp. Most experts recommend using eucalyptus oil for your hair an hour or so prior to bathing, and then using one good shampoo to get rid of the residue, followed by one good conditioner.
- 50 ml of olive oil
- 5 ml of eucalyptus oil
- Mix together olive and eucalyptus oil and massage gently this warm oil mixture onto your scalp to encourage blood flow to your hair roots and comb.
- Finally, shampoo and condition normally.
28. Cure From An Itchy Scalp
- 50 ml of white vinegar
- 1 liter water
- 5 ml of eucalyptus oil
- To alleviate an itchy scalp, you combine all the above-mentioned ingredients properly.
- Rinse the hair some times over a basin using the solution to make sure even distribution.
- Immediately shampoo and condition the hair to get immediate relief.
Learn more: 10 Solutions For Itchy Scalp
29. Head Lice
One of the greatest benefits of eucalyptus essential oil is treating head lice. Eucalyptus essential oil contains many bug-repellent qualities. It’s a natural pesticide. It’s quite common for many people to use this oil as a cure for lice. This oil is good for your hair, it moisturizes and cleanses the scalp and enhances hair growth. Thus, it’s a great alternative to the conventional treatments that are severe on your hair. These shampoos, as well as other products, are packed with noxious chemicals which can lead to an itchy scalp as well as rashes. You can try this below recipe to treat head lice:
- 3 ml of eucalyptus oil
- 30 ml of regular shampoo
- Add eucalyptus essential oil to your daily shampoo in the ratio mentioned above.
- Shampoo hair and then cover it using a plastic shower cap for about 10 minutes.
- Remove that cap, rinse hair and then towel dry it.
- Comb hair using one fine tooth (nit) comb in order to help ease the eggs.
Some Uses For Eucalyptus Essential Oil:
- Put a drop of eucalyptus essential oil on the bottom of the feet before going to bed for one more restful sleep.
- Mix water,lemon, peppermint and eucalyptus essential oils in one spray bottle for one cleaning spray. It is a great germ killer!
- Make a DIY vapor rub that is also secure for older kids: 5 drops of eucalyptus oil, 3 tablespoons of coconut oil, 2-5 drops of rosemary oil, 2-5 drops of lavender oil (optional). You can make some more at a time and store in one sealed container to use as required. Note: Do not apply near or to the face of children or infants under 10 years of age. Generally, it is regarded the safest to only use Roman chamomile and lavender essential oil for children under eighteen months of age.
- Congested? You take a bath using a few drops of eucalyptus oil mixed into the water in order to help support breathing.
- Use eucalyptus essential oil as one spot remover. It is effective at getting rid of spots (even gum) from carpets clothing, and other fabrics!
- Make a sugar body scrub (particularly great for tired feet)! You need to mix 1 cup of coconut oil, 10-15 drops of eucalyptus essential oil and 2 cups of sugar, the scrub is energizing and cooling, antibiotic, deodorizing, and great for ailing joints as well as circulation.
- Diffuse to help cleanse and freshen the air as eucalyptus essential oil kills airborne viruses and bacteria. Blend carefully with wild orange, lemongrass, lemon, and peppermint essential oil.
- To create a shower cleaner, you mixeucalyptus essential oil and Melaleuca essential oil to make one mold-killing spray. You need to add five drops of each to one spray bottle and then fill water. After that, spray down the shower after each use.
- Simply clean your floors using Eucalyptus essential oil and hot water. For wood floors, you fill a spray bottle using hot water and then add eucalyptus essential oil (5 drops). Spray and wipe clean as well. For other floors, you add 15 drops to one gallon of hot water plus mop.
- Create frozen Eucalyptus towels that are good for after workouts or as outside on one sweltering day. You need to mix 2 cups of water and 10-15 drops of eucalyptus oil in one bowl. Next, add a washcloth till submerged, squeeze out excess, and fold in half and then roll up. Repeat till you are run out of water and place washcloths in the freezer for some hours, or till ready to use.
- Place a few drops of this oil on a cloth to get rid of stubborn stickers.
- Add 1-2 drops of eucalyptus essential oil to your toilet prior to it gets used, alters all the chemical bathroom sprays!
- Add a few drops of this oil to the laundry wash cycle in order to disinfect and also to help alleviate stuffed sinuses.
- Create one roll-on headache relief using 20 drops of peppermint essential oil, 10 drops of rosemary essential oil, 17 drops of eucalyptus essential oil, 5 drops of roman Chamomile essential oil (optional), 10 drops of lavender essential oil, and mix in one glass roll on bottle, and then fill using a carrier oil.
- Use a few drops of this oil on a wet, hot washcloth to remove pencil and crayon marks from the walls.
- Mix a couple drops of this essential oil in with the kid’s play dough to maintain it fresh longer.
- Gently massage eucalyptus essential oil for a soothing cure from muscular aches and arthritis, pains, sprained tendons and bruised plus sore muscles.
- Mix 3-4 drops of eucalyptus essential oil with the pet’s shampoo as a natural flea control.
To get more information related to benefits of foods, vegetables, and fruits, etc, go to our main Nutrition page. Hope that this article will help you know about benefits of eucalyptus essential oil for hair, skin and health as well as its uses. If you have any comment or question, please leave them below, I will reply you as soon as possible. Do you know any other benefits of eucalyptus essential oil? Then share with us right now.
Want More Content Like This In Your Inbox?
- Top 15 easy office yoga poses to survive work
- How to cure cystic acne fast naturally – 7 tips
- How to get rid of clogged pores on nose, cheeks & chin: 8 tips
- Hemorrhoid free for life review – will Kristina’s cure work?
- Healthy diet for liver cirrhosis patient – good and bad foods to eat
- 14 Solutions How To Get Rid Of Water Bugs Naturally & Fast
- Top 5 Ways How To Use Cornstarch For Diaper Rash
- Mediterranean diet plan to lose weight