Potatoes are everyone’s favorite as they make delicious and crunchy snacks. Potatoes are not only delicious additions to your daily diet but carry numerous health and beauty benefits as well. To discover more information about this amazing food, you should take a look at the article below which covers all health benefits of potatoes and potato juice.
12 Health Benefits Of Potatoes And Potato Juice That May Amaze You
1. Weight Gain
First and foremost, among numerous health benefits of potatoes and potato juice, weight gain may be typical the most. Potatoes contain carbohydrates and very little protein. Those people who are thin or lean should add this food to their daily diet. By this way, they will gain weight easily. Potatoes contain vitamin C and B complex, which can help in proper absorption of carbohydrates. That is why potatoes are an important part of the sumo wrestlers’ diet as well as other athletes, who require large energy reserves to burn off for competing.
Then next one in the list of health benefits of potatoes and potato juice is digesting effect. Because potatoes contain a large amount of carbohydrates, then they are easy to digest and facilitate the digesting process. This could be a good diet for babies or for those who could not digest hard food, yet need energy. Nevertheless, keep in mind that eating too many potatoes on a regular basis might lead to acidity over time. Additionally, potatoes include a considerable amount of roughage or fiber, more in fresh potatoes and cold ones than hot or boiled ones. This food can stimulate peristaltic motion and enhanced secretion of gastric juices that eases digesting process, prevents health problems such as constipation and also protects the human body from more serious conditions like colorectal cancer. Moreover, it is said that fiber is associated with scraping cholesterol out of the arteries and blood vessels, leading to enhancing heart health.
Potatoes can be beneficial for rheumatism in two ways. The content of calcium and magnesium in potatoes will relieve rheumatism while water obtained from boiling potatoes could relieve the inflammation as well as pain of this problem. Nevertheless, because of high carbohydrate and starch content, it may enhance body weight, which is not good for people with rheumatism.
How? Potatoes are wholesome, nightshade vegetables, which are packed with protein, carbohydrates, calcium, and vitamin c, like mentioned above. Thanks to the fiber content, potatoes are soft and easy to digest. The vitamin C makes them great antioxidants, which can repair cells in the human body. Potatoes could relieve inflammation in the digestive track and intestines. You can use raw mashed potatoes to apply it to relive external burns, inflammation. People with arthritis as well as gout could use potatoes for their anti-inflammatory effect. Yet again, as it could increase your weight, thereby exacerbating these problems. Additionally, potatoes are popularly eaten with meat or other fatty foods that may make gout worse; thus, it is better for you to apply a good balance.
5. Prevent Cancer
Some kinds of potatoes, especially russet and red potatoes, include high levels of vitamin A and flavonoid antioxidants such as carotenes and zeaxanthin. They are able to protect the human from different types of cancer. Studies indicated that because potatoes include a compound named quercetin that has anti-tumor and anti-cancer properties. Lastly, as the high levels of vitamin A and C all have antioxidant qualities which could protect the body from the devastating impacts of cancer.
6. High Blood Pressure
As high blood pressure could happen for a lot of reasons, including tension, diabetes, nutrient balance, and indigestion. Fortunately, potatoes could reduce multiple possible causes and can be taken advantage to decrease high blood pressure because of tension. The fiber appearance in potatoes is beneficial in reducing cholesterol and enhances functioning of insulin in the human body, thereby lowering blood pressure levels. This is because the connection between the glucose level in the blood and the blood pressure. Insulin could help to regulate that level. In addition, the potassium found in potatoes reduces blood pressure, as it functions as a vasodilator.
7. Brain Function
The brain or nerve center of the body bases on several things to function, containing balanced glucose levels, vitamin B complex, oxygen, amino acids, omega-3 fatty acids, and others. They can prevent the brain from getting fatigue and improve cognitive activity. In addition, the human brain needs oxygen and potatoes can deliver oxygen to the brain. The vasodilating properties of potassium can also stimulate your brain function by increasing blood flow to that organ.
8. Cardiovascular System
In addition to vitamin B complex and vitamin C, roughage and minerals, potatoes also include some substances named Carotenoids. These substances are helpful for heart health and other organs’ functioning. However, you should be careful in using this food as it may increase glucose level in the blood and leads to obesity if consumed too much.
9. Kidney Stones
Kidney stones are resulted from enhanced levels of uric acid in blood. Fact is, protein-rich foods, such as meat, shrimp, fish, eggs, spinach, black grams, and some types of beans may develop the level of uric acid in blood. There are a growing number of studies pointed out that potatoes have protective health benefits. For instance, potatoes are really high in magnesium which could offset the accumulation of calcium in your kidneys.
When it comes to health benefits of potatoes and potato juice, we cannot overlook the effect of curing diarrhea. This is an important element of an energy-rich diet, which is necessary for those with diarrhea. Actually, it includes mild roughage and easy to digest. Nevertheless, eating too many potatoes could also lead to diarrhea because of the excessive ingestion of starch; thus, you should consume in moderation.
11. Good For Skin
Potatoes contain the right stuff for optimizing well-being. This food has necessary vitamins and minerals for the human skin. Here are steps to use potatoes to improve your beauty:
- To make use of potatoes for healthy skin, you can take the fresh potato peeled and make the potato into juice. Now, you can extract the juice taken from potato paste with the assistance of sieve. After that, take one tablespoon of potato juice, two tablespoon of lemon juice and two table spoon of multani mitti. Then, apply the mixture all over your face skin evenly. Leave it on your face for about 15 minutes before washing off the cool water. This face mask can lighten your skin condition and give flawless skin.
- Mesh the potato into a paste by using a blender. Then, mix one tablespoon of meshed potato and the same amount of lemon juice. Apply this paste on the face. It is considered as the natural facial bleach and can lighten your dark skin condition. Wait for approximately 15 minutes and rinse off it.
- To deal with blemishes, you can apply the meshed potato on the blemishes. Then, wait for 10 minutes and wash it with lukewarm water. Repeat this process for about one month and you will see great improvement.
- It is proven that potatoes can cure sunburns. Thus, you can take a potato slice and rub it on your sunburn area. After that, you can rinse it off with cool water.
- Make smooth fine potato paste and add yogurt to the meshed potato. Then, mix them together in order to get a paste. Keep it aside for about 30 minutes. After that, you can apply the mixture on your face to get an anti-aging mask. The vitamin B6 appearance in potatoes has anti-aging properties and prevents premature aging naturally.
- To get rid of dark circles, you can add one tablespoon of honey to the same amount of potato paste. Then, mix them together before applying the mixture on the eyes and dark circles area for 15 minutes. Then, you can wash the eyes thoroughly. With this mask, you can reduce eye dark circles and get a cooling effect to your itching and irritated eyes.
- Mix the equal amount of cucumber juice and potato juice together. After that, dip the cotton ball on that mixture and rub it onto your face. This solution can work as the natural skin toner. By this way, you can maintain healthy skin tone in a safe way.
- Grate a potato peeled, and add some rose water to it. Then, beat it in order to get a paste. Also, you can add a few drops of honey or lemon juice if your skin is oily or dry respectively. Apply it on the face for at least 15 minutes before rinsing it off with water. Potato has mild bleaching properties; thus, regular application of this paste can help you reduce spots and lighten your complexion at the same time.
12. Healthy Hair
Collect the peel of potatoes and boil them in water for about 10 minutes. Then, filter the boiled water in a container. Apply the filtered water on your hair so you can get shiny, smooth hair naturally. Moreover, this water can be useful in preventing the condition of premature graying of the hair.
By making use of 12 health benefits of potatoes and potato juice – a simple ingredient which is available in your kitchen, you can improve not only your health but also your beauty naturally. All of the tips delivered in this report are natural and you could apply them without any doubt.
If you have any further idea related to the topic, feel free to share your ideas with us at the comment section. We will respond all soon!