Rosemary is for remembrance: love, pray, remember. Rosemary is mentioned as a symbol in Hamlet depicts that Shakespeare, a famous writer, knew of some magical benefits of rosemary.
Long after Shakespeare’s time, several researches also have determined a lot of health benefits of rosemary, whether this herb is used in oil, dried or fresh form.
Rosemary contains potent disinfectant, anti-inflammatory, anti-cancer, antiseptic, antioxidant properties.
It also has a lot of minerals and vitamins, including copper, zinc, phosphorus, magnesium, iron, folate, riboflavin, thiamin, vitamin C, vitamins A.
Health Benefits Of Rosemary – The Best Advantages:
The citrus-like, woodsy fragrance of rosemary essential oil can be used in aromatherapy and found in several beauty products.
Apart from its beauty and health uses, rosemary is also a common herb widely used in cooking. Dried and fresh rosemary could be added to dips, salads, sandwiches, soups, and even for making infused oil. In addition, tea made from rosemary is a common beverage.
Quick Tips On How To Make Use Of Rosemary The Right Way:
- Store dried rosemary in an airtight container in a dry, dark and cool place.
- While taking homeopathic medicines, you do not take this herbal
- Avoid using rosemary essential oil if you have hypertension, epilepsy, bleeding disorders or during pregnancy.
- Do not consume a too high amount of rosemary because it can lead to intestinal and stomach irritation as well as kidney damage.
- Before using rosemary oil to apply onto the skin, to rule out the possibility of an allergic reaction, you need to do a patch test.
In the article today, I would like to reveal some of the best health benefits of rosemary in details so you should keep your head on the following interesting nutritional facts and the healing power of rosemary for human health. The benefits are:
10. Increase Memory
This is the very first out of the best health benefits of rosemary that I would like to introduce in this entire article and want you and my other readers to learn and make use for good!
People struggling with diabetes could use rosemary to keep their blood sugar levels normal. Rosemary extracts can help in lowering the cholesterol levels and fasting plasma glucose, which can help in managing Type 2 diabetes and other metabolic diseases.
A research published in the Journal of Agricultural and Food Chemistry in 2014 points out that this herb and oregano contain anti-diabetic property. These herbals can help in inhibiting the enzyme dipeptidyl peptidase IV that can promote the body’s insulin secretion.
Consume one cup of rosemary tea daily every day. When taking this herbal to keep your diabetes down in check, ensure that you will keep monitoring your blood sugar level. In addition, keep using other prescribed medicines as directed by your doctor.Rosemary is actually a cheap miracle cure for the high blood pressure issue, so try it out! Click To Tweet
Digestive system is very important for human beings and the health of digestion can also decide the health of many other vital organs inside our body. Thus, your responsibility is to protect and always find ways to keep your digestive health in check. In case that you are suffering from any digestive issue, you should try making use of rosemary.
Rosemary is wonderful for your tummy health as it can help in inhibiting food-borne pathogens and regulating the release of bile. In addition, it can help to treat indigestion, stimulate appetite, and relieve constipation, bloating, and flatulence. There are 2 ways to make use of rosemary to improve digestive health:
- To reduce constipation, you just need to mix about 3 – 5 drops of rosemary oil in 2 tbsps. of a carrier oil and use the mixture to massage your abdominal area thoroughly.
- Add one or two tsps. of dried rosemary in 1 cup of hot water. Let the rosemary steep for five minutes. Consume this herbal tea two – three times per day.
This is in fact one of the best nutritional benefits of rosemary that people should learn and make use to get healthy digestive system.
You can also make use of this fragrant herbal to deal with respiratory related issues like sinus infection, flu and cold, and bronchial asthma thanks to its antispasmodic, antibacterial, and soothing properties. It can also help in relieving bad breath.
- First, you just need to add about 3 – 5 drops of rosemary oil in a bowl of hot water and take in the steam two to three times on a daily basis.
- Another option is to put two and three drops of rosemary oil on a tissue and inhale the fragrance to get reduction from respiratory infections.
- Mix about 2 – 3 drops of rosemary oil with two tbsps. of olive oil or any carrier oil. Use this oil to massage your chest 2 – 3 times on a daily basis to achieve the best results.
In fact, this is also among the best nutritional and health benefits of rosemary so that people should add more of this healthy herbal into the daily diet to get rid of respiratory issues.
Rosemary can also provide people with a powerful protection against different pathogens and diseases that might adversely influence your immunity.
It has phytochemicals like caffeic acid, carnosol, betulinic acid, rosmarinic acid, with anti-inflammatory, anti-cancer, and antioxidant properties. These compounds are very important for neutralizing free radicals, which can lead to cellular damage and oxidative stress.
Consume one or two cups of rosemary tea every day to help your body stay healthy and free from the common coughs, colds, and other health issues.
This is in brief one of the best health benefits of rosemary for human beings so that people should not look down yet try to make use by adding this herb to the daily diet and enjoy good immunity.
Rosemary is very good for relieving inflammation and pain, thanks to its powerful analgesic and anti-inflammatory properties.
It can help to reduce stiff neck, back pain, gout pain, sciatic nerve pain, arthritis pain. Thanks to the powerful antispasmodic properties, rosemary can also help in reducing menstrual pains.
- Make one or two cups of rosemary tea, soak a washcloth in the tea and use it to apply right onto the affected area within about ten or fifteen minutes. Apply this tip 2 – 3 times on a daily basis to cure muscle soreness.
- Warm up 2 tbsps. of olive oil in a microwave for about five seconds. Mix two or three drops of rosemary oil in the olive oil. Use this combination to massage onto your affected area within about five minutes. Do this a few times every day until you get reduction.
This is actually also one out of the best health benefits of rosemary that a lot of people in the world love and have been making use to reduce the risks of inflammation.
Another out of the best health benefits of rosemary that I would like to reveal in this entire article and want you and my other readers to learn and remember to make use is that rosemary can help to stimulate hair growth effectively.
This wonderful herb can help to stimulate hair growth and it can also help to improve blood circulation to the scalp, encouraging hair growth by allowing more nutrients to reach the hair follicles.
A research published in the Archives of Dermatology in 1998 points out that rosemary aromatherapy could be used for dealing with and beating off alopecia areata.
Moreover, its antibacterial quality can gently cleanse hair and prevent dandruff and itchiness.
- Combine 3 drops each of lavender oil and rosemary oil, 2 drops each of cedarwood and thyme oil, ½ teaspoon of jojoba oil, and 4 teaspoons of grapeseed oil. Use this mixture to massage your scalp. Use a warm towel to wrap your hair. Leave it on overnight or for forty minutes at least. The next morning, wash your hair as usual with your favorite shampoo. Apply this tip two or three times per week.
- You can also add 3 – 5 drops of rosemary essential oil to warm coconut oil or olive oil and use the combination to massage your scalp two or three times on a weekly basis. Before washing your hair, you can even add 3 – 5 drops of rosemary essential oil to your favorite shampoo and use this shampoo.
- Add one handful of fresh rosemary to two or three cups of hot water and let it steep within about fifteen minutes. Remove the herbal and allow this solution to cool down. Rinse your hair with this solution 2 – 3 times per week.
This is also one of the best health benefits of rosemary that people should learn and make use for good, especially those struggling with headaches.
Rosemary has powerful anti-inflammatory and analgesic properties. Therefore, it can help in treating headache attacks. It can even help in reducing the severity and the pain of migraines. There are 3 ways people can make use of rosemary to deal with and reduce the symptoms of headache:
- First, for headaches associated with a nasal congestion or a cold, add 3 – 5 drops of rosemary oil to one tub of hot water for steam inhalation.
- Alternatively, you just need to smell the aroma of rosemary to get relief from your current headaches.
- Simply massage your temples and forehead with about 3 – 5 drops of rosemary oil mixed in one tbsp. of carrier oil.
Another one on the list of the best health benefits of rosemary that I would like to reveal in the entire article today and want you and my other readers to learn and consider making use of this herb if you are trying to deal with stress, anxiety or any other negative emotional problem. The sweet fragrance of rosemary is useful in providing relief from stress and clearing your mind. The calming nature of rosemary can even help in relaxing tense muscles.
In a research published in the Scientia Pharmaceutica journal in 2013, professionals studied the influences of inhaling rosemary oil on subjective activities and feelings of the nervous system.
To fight anxiety and stress, add 2 – 3 drops of rosemary essential oil in an aromatherapy vaporizer and diffuser.
Scientists discovered that exposure to rosemary oil for about 60 minutes helped the participants feel fresher and become more cheerful and alert.
In fact, this is among the most important benefits of rosemary for human health so that people should try to make use of this herb on a daily basis for good!
Rosemary is a great herbal for increasing blood circulation. This, in turn, will help to supply essential nutrients to all the important organs and boost metabolic activities inside your body. There are two ways to make use of rosemary to improve the blood circulation you can try:
- If you frequently suffer from cold limbs because of poor circulation, you just need to use rosemary infused oil to massage the affected limbs.
- Consume rosemary tea regularly to promote blood circulation.
This is also a great one on the list of the most important health benefits of rosemary that people should not look down but learn and consider making use of this herb as soon as possible.
This is the last but very important out of the best health benefits of rosemary that I would like to reveal in this entire article and want you and my other readers to make use of rosemary if they are facing the memory loss or degeneration issue. Rosemary can work effectively as a cognitive stimulant, useful for increasing memory and mental concentration. It is even good at protecting against neurodegenerative diseases, such as Alzheimer’s disease and increasing brain-wave activities.
In a research published in Therapeutic Advances in Psychopharmacology in 2012, scientists discovered that exposure to rosemary aroma can improve mood and cognitive performance.
A research published in the International Journal of Neuroscience in 2003 also helps to highlight the memory-boosting properties of rosemary. There are 2 ways to make use of rosemary to increase memory:
- You just need to start consuming rosemary tea made from dried and fresh rosemary leaves. To make the tea, add one or half a teaspoon of this herb to one cup of hot water, cover it and allow it to steep for about five minutes.
- Breathe in the fragrance of rosemary oil by adding about two or three drops to a room diffuser or your handkerchief.
Another thing that I want you and my other readers to do after reading this entire writing and about the best health benefits of rosemary and how to make use of rosemary to prevent the attacks of medical conditions is to spend time reading another writing that reveals the best advantages of another herbal remedy for skin, hair, and overall health – the List Of 20 Ways To Use Lavender Oil article. This is actually an interesting gathering of the most common and also the best beauty and health benefits of lavender oil that people can make use at home with ease and without concerning about any possible harmful effect. These benefits of lavender oil have already helped many people around the world effectively in preventing and struggling with lots of medical diseases and health problems without leading to any unwanted side effect so that readers of Vkool.com should read this recommended article and make use of the benefits of lavender oil for good.
This is the list of 10 most common and best health benefits of rosemary that everyone who wants to know whether or not this herb brings about a lot of health benefits should read and remember to apply for good. In fact, rosemary is a healthy natural herb that will not bring about any harmful side effect, excepting for people with certain allergies. Rosemary can be used in several different ways so many people love it. The wonderful benefits of rosemary have been actually proven by science so people should not worry when making use of this herb.
After reading the list of health benefits of rosemary and learn how to make use of this herb to prevent and fight against several health issues, if you feel that rosemary is very good for your current health issues and can also help other people you know who are struggling with one or some of the health issues revealed in the entire article today, do not hesitate to share this list with them and encourage them to use rosemary in their daily life. One more thing, as an author of Vkool, I always want to know my dear readers’ opinion, so do not forget to leave your feedbacks and comments in the comment section below. I promise that I will reply you as soon as possible.
Related articles about the benefits of some other natural ingredients, food materials, fruits, and herbals, similar to benefits of rosemary, and how to make use of them for certain purposes: