This article at VKool.com will introduce you a good vegetable you should add in your daily diet to help improve your health. This vegetable is Swiss chard. It is full of vitamins and nutrients that are vital for the human health. Swiss chard contains many vital minerals such as manganese, calcium, iron, magnesium, potassium, and copper as well. It also is full of the vitamins A, C, B6, E, and K, which are useful to keep you healthy. Apart from that, it has numerous polyphenol antioxidants such as kaempferol, which is crucial to your health. Therefore, its health benefits are amazing. For example, it has the ability to improve digestion, reduce blood pressure, increase bone strength, regulate blood sugar levels or combat inflammation, etc. Read out to know more detail about the benefits of Swiss chard for health, which will alleviate all your health problems in no time.
Top 6 Health Benefits Of Swiss Chard You Need To Know
1. Benefits Of Swiss Chard To Protect Your Eye Health
Protecting your eye health is one of the best benefits of Swiss chart. You can easily safeguard your eye health by consumption of Swiss chard daily. As mentioned above, Swiss chard is packed with beta-carotene and vitamin A, which have been linked in a lot of ways to a reduction in glaucoma, macular degeneration night blindness, as well as other vision-related conditions. For protecting your eye health, you can take chopped Swiss chard (1 cup) and consume it directly in the morning. Repeat this way again in the evening. In order to keep your eyes healthy, follow this simple way daily.
2. Keep Your Bones Healthy
Generally, healthier bones are less likely to mineral loss. Swiss chard is rich in calcium that is the main boost for bone health. In addition to calcium content, it also comes with vitamin K, which is a nutrient vital for bone health. For this purpose, you take chopped Swiss chard (1 cup) and half a bowl of water. Then, put chopped Swiss chard in the water. After that, boil the water and let it cool down a little. Remove the Swiss chard from that water and consume it directly. Repeat this at least one time every day and your bones will keep healthy.
3. Benefits Of Swiss Chard To Manage Diabetes
Managing diabetics is also one of the greatest benefits of Swiss chart. This vegetable contains the syringic acid, which balances levels of blood glucose, thus reducing the chances of possible complications, for diabetics. For this, you need to take chopped Swiss chard (1 cup) and mix it in your daily vegetable salad. Afterwards, have it during breakfast and repeat it while having lunch. To control diabetes naturally, follow this way daily.
4. Prevent Cancer
One of the best health benefits of Swiss chard is preventing cancer. Swiss chard contains anti-cancer properties because it has the big amounts of antioxidants. Antioxidants help to neutralize free radicals. The free radicals can make your healthy cells develop into cancerous. Apart from that, Swiss chard consists of significant amounts of zinc, zeaxanthin, lutein, kaempferol, beta-carotene, quercetin, vitamin E, and C. Many of these nutrients have been associated with preventing many types of cancers, particularly colon cancer.
5. Benefits Of Swiss Chard For Blood Pressure & Heart Health
Swiss chard comes with the phytonutrient antioxidants, potassium, and anti-inflammatory, all contribute to lowering blood pressure as well as stress on the cardiovascular system. Besides, pro-inflammatory enzymes within your body can cause some hypertension is due to. And the organic compounds present in this vegetable are able to neutralize. Thus, this vegetable protects you from a variety of diseases like atherosclerosis, strokes and heart attacks.
6. Fight Against Anemia
Swiss chart can treat anemia because it is a great amount of iron. For combating anemia with Swiss chart, you need to take chopped Swiss chard (3 cups) and 1 cup of apple juice. Then, process the Swiss chard in a juicer to extract its juice and to it, add 1 cup of apple juice. Now mix thoroughly and consume this juice directly. Repeat this daily to treat anemia completely.
Apart from health benefits of Swiss chard, we also want to show our readers two easy recipes with Swiss chard that are great for your health:
Recipe 1: Swiss Chard Pesto
- 2 cups of chopped Swiss chard
- ½ cup of garlic scapes
- ½ cup of roasted almonds
- 2 tbsp of grated Romano cheese
- 2 tbsp of olive oil
- 1 tsp of salt
- Firstly, take chopped Swiss chard (2 cups) and garlic scapes (½ cup) and roasted almonds (½ cup).
- Then, take 2 tbsp of grated Romano cheese together with 2 tablespoons of olive oil. After that, combine together all these ingredients. Mix this blend in a food processor. Add salt (1 tsp) in the combination and mix it well.
- This Swiss chard pesto is now ready to be consumed.
- You just need to spread it on the bread and enjoy it.
Recipe 2: Swiss Chart Green
- 4 bunches of Swiss chard
- 4 cups of chicken broth
- 2 tbsp of minced garlic
- ½ cup of melted coconut oil
- 1 tbsp of red pepper flakes
- 1 tsp of black pepper
- 1 tsp of sea salt
- Take four bunches of Swiss chard at first and chop them. Next, take melted coconut oil (½ cup). Pour the coconut oil (1/2 cup) into 1 big pot and then heat it on the medium heat.
- Add minced garlic (2 tbsp) in the pot and cook for about five minutes.
- After this, put chicken broth (4 cups) in this pot. Then, cover and simmer for about 30 minutes.
- In the pot, put that chopped Swiss chard and cook it at medium heat for about 45 minutes.
- Simultaneously keep stirring this chard. Now add a teaspoon each of salt and pepper.
- Continue cooking until the greens become soft. Then, take out these greens and put red pepper flakes (a tbsp) on them.
- Now the dish is ready to be served.
In fact, from the health benefits of Swiss chard mentioned above, it’s clear that this vegetable is absolutely a wonderful option to be an ideal part of your diet. If you want to read more our interesting articles, please go to our main Nutrition page. For any question, you can leave in the comment box below.
Want More Content Like This In Your Inbox?
- List Of 14 Best Finger Foods For Babies
- List of low carb foods and snacks to eat for weight loss
- 9 Great Ways On How To Use Fennel Seeds For Gas
- Top 14 vitamin c rich foods for skin
- Top 25 best foods for muscle recovery
- Top 16 Natural Benefits Of Pistachios On Health & Beauty
- 50 Best quick dinner recipes – the detailed list
- 27 advanced mind power techniques hat boost your brain power