Blood blisters are not really a common condition but they also make discomfort and infection once occurring. They are, in fact, not serious and later heal on their selves, it is necessary to have natural blood blister treatment to minimize its results as much as possible.
Blood blisters occur when there is any damage to the blood vessels under the surface of the skin especially in the fingers and toes’ areas. These blisters appear as the same to the blister skin bubble, so they are often red, fluid-filled, and pretty painful. Blood blisters should not be popped up too early because this may cause a more severe condition like a skin infection, which also means that the way to care and treat blood blisters plays a very important role.
There are some factors that can cause the blood blisters such as trauma to the skin including scalding or burning, forceful pinching, the exposure to harmful chemicals, allergens to the skin, or a viral skin infection. They can be also caused by a gradual application of friction, for instance, after a new shoe scrubs a blood blister on one’s foot.
In this article, VKool.com would like to introduce 13 tips and ways of blood blister treatment on hand and foot. All of the treatments base on the health benefits of natural ingredients thereby being natural, safe, and also easy to follow. All the treatments are believed to be the best treatments for anyone who suffers from this skin problem. It is time to read the writing to understand more the ways of blood blister treatment and what to do when suffering from this problem.
13 Tips And Ways Of Blood Blister Treatment On Hand And Foot
1. Ice Application
The easiest way for the blood blisters treatment is using ice wrap which may not be strange for people to apply. It is because that the cold condition can make the blood vessels constrict thereby reducing swelling and stopping the internal bleeding. Here is the way to use ice for blood blisters treatment:
- Wrap a plastic bag of some ice cubes in a small towel then apply it to the blood blisters for 10 minutes.
- Take the cold towel for a while and then continue applying it
- Apply this process a few times as soon as an injury.
Note: Avoid applying ice cubes directly to the skin because it can cause an ice burn.
2. Cucumber Application For Blood Blister Treatment
Cucumber, as you know, has cooling properties that help soothe the irritation or damage effectively. They contain trace mineral named silica responsible for promoting the skin’s connective tissues. In the case of blood blisters, a cucumber application plays a role in reducing swelling, inflammation, and the pain.
- Cut a cold cucumber into thick slices then put one on the blister for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Apply cucumber slices regularly for a few days till the blood blisters go away
Note: Besides applying cucumber slices, you can just drink a glass of its juice each day to treat your blood blisters.
3. Ginger Application For Blood Blister Treatment
Ginger is considered to have analgesic and anti-inflammatory properties thereby relieving blood blisters effectively, especially for the blisters in the mouth. Blood blisters can appear anywhere inside the mouth, for example in the tongue, but not only on the cheeks, which makes friction when cleaning teeth or eating food. In case of mouth blood blisters, ginger may be the best treatment:
Cut a ginger root into thin slices and chew a piece regularly and lightly in order that its juice coats the blisters.
Steep some pieces of ginger to make ginger tea, let it cool off to the room temperature and use this tea to rinse the mouth 3 times a day.
4. Aloe Vera Application
Aloe vera contains anti-inflammatory properties that are responsible for dealing with some types of damage like sunburn and blood blisters. It cools off the heat and alleviates the pain caused by these blisters. Both of aloe vera juice and gel can all be used for the treatment.
- With aloe vera gel, apply it to the affected areas regularly for a few days
- Alternatively, mix aloe vera gel with vitamin E with an equal ratio then apply the mixture to the blood blisters and let it dry by its own.
- With aloe vera juice, it should just be used in a case that its gel is not available and the process is the same to the gels.
5. Witch Hazel Application For Blood Blister Treatment
With hazel is the next effective blood blister treatment at home. Due to the astringent tannins, witch hazel helps dry out the blood blisters more quickly, reduce the pain caused by this bad condition and soothe the inflammation.
- Take a small amount of the witch hazel extract then gently dab it on the blood blisters
- Apply the witch hazel gel at least 4 times daily for 1 or 2 weeks.
6. Turmeric Application
Using turmeric as a blood blister treatment is highly appreciated. Its curcumin part with medicinal properties and healing ability makes it antibacterial, anti-inflammatory, and antiviral. Therefore, this herb is widely used to treat skin problems like suntans, minor burn, and blood blisters. Plus, it is naturally antiseptic thereby helping prevent and treat infection. There are many ways to use turmeric for your choice:
- Add a teaspoon turmeric powder to a glass of warm milk and consume this drink every day before going to bed.
- Mix honey with turmeric powder then apply the mixture to the blisters, use warm water to wash them after 10 minutes and repeat 3 times daily.
- Mix an equal amount of turmeric powder and ginger paste then apply the mixed paste to the blood blisters, wash off with warm water after 10 minutes and do this process 3 times daily.
- Add enough rose water to 1 to 2 teaspoons turmeric powder to get a spread then apply it to the blood blisters for 10 minutes before washing off with warm water.
- Make a mixture of turmeric powder, a teaspoon each of ghee and salt (add water if necessary) to get a spread, apply the mixture to the blisters for 10 to 20 minutes then wash them off with warm water and do this 3 times daily.
7. Garlic Application For Blood Blister Treatment
Garlic is another great herb that contains a high level of vitamins, essential oils of many components. And with the high sulfur levels, the herb is known as a more powerful medication particularly with its antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties. Garlic is a natural antibiotic beneficial in killing various bacteria, virus, microbes, fungi, and parasites. There are also several ways to use garlic for blood blister treatment:
- Garlic solution: Smash 5 garlic cloves then pour hot water into and let them steep, let the solution cool off to the room temperature then use a washcloth or cotton ball to soak and apply to the blisters.
- Garlic oil: Add 5 smashed garlic cloves to a cup of olive oil then heat for 5 to 10 minutes, let it cool off then apply to the affected areas and massage for 20 minutes before washing it off with warm water.
Read more: How to Treat Chlamydia Naturally at Home
8. Epsom Salt Application For Blood Blister Treatment
Epsom salt contains mineral compounds known as magnesium and sulfate that are all easily absorbed through the skin and reduce the inflammation, flush out toxins, and aids in the proper function of muscles and nerves. That means Epsom salt is really effective for skin problems including blood blisters and now is the direction to use it for blood blister treatment:
- Blend Epsom salt to get a spread then apply it to the blood blisters for 10 to 15 minutes and rinse it off, do this 3 times daily.
- For hand and foot blisters, soak them in the mixed water of half a cup Epsom Salt and a bowl hot water for 10 minutes then wash it off with regular water; repeat twice a day.
- For blood blisters on other areas, soak a cloth in this mixed solution and place on these blisters for 10 minutes and wash them off gently.
9. Tea Tree Oil Application
Tea tree is ranked in the list of great herbal treatment due to its exceptional medicinal properties And according to the current studies, its oil is antibacterial, antiviral, antifungal, and antiprotozoal, so it gives an excellent fix to the blood blisters.
- Stir 5 drops of tea tree oil in 1 cup of water
- Apply the solution to the blisters for 10 to 15 minutes by a cotton ball
- Wash the skin off with cool water.
10. Blood Blister Treatment Using Black Tea Bag
In fact, black tea includes caffeine in itself that is able to shrink the arteries in order to restrict bleeding from them. After applying a wet tea bag to a wound a few minutes, the bleeding can stop and this remedy can also be used to stop internal bleeding in case of blood blisters. Using black tea bag as a blood blister treatment is very simple but effective indeed.
- Take a black tea bag and place it in a pot, pour hot water into and let it steep for 3 to 5 minutes
- Remove the tea water and wrap the remains in a bandage
- Place the tea bag on the blisters for 5 minutes with a few pressures.
- Do this 3 times daily.
- Alternatively, store the tea bag in the fridge and when it is chilly, put it on the blood blisters for a short time.
11. Blood Blister Treatment With Chamomile Tea And Application
Chamomile is the name of a flower and also a herb with various health benefits. The consumption of its tea and application of this herb help reduce the inflammation and soothe the pain. Therefore, they are used as a blood blister treatment at home. There are some ways to use chamomile in this case:
- Brew chamomile tea and drink it every day to treat blood blisters
- Put 3 teaspoons of dried chamomile in a pot then pour hot water into and leave it 3 to 5 minutes to steep; let chamomile tea cool off to the room temperature then soak a cotton ball in then apply to the blood blisters.
- Smash the chamomile flower then mix with some water to make a spread, apply it to the blisters for 15 minutes then wash with water; do this 3 times daily.
Sandalwood has been used to treat various skin problems including blood blisters. It is because that sandalwood can absorb the heat away from these blisters quickly and stimulate the healing process. The inflammation and pain can also be considerably reduced by this plant.
- Add enough rose water to sandalwood powder to make a spread then apply it to the blood blisters; let it dry then wash off with water and do this 4 times a day.
- Mix a few of drops sandalwood essential oil with a carrier oil like olive or jojoba oil then apply it to the blood blisters 4 times daily.
Learn more: Chicken pox scars treatment: 18 useful tips
13. Some More Tips For Blood Blister Treatment
Besides a variety of blood blister treatment, it is necessary to pay attention to some more tips:
For injury treatment:
- Remove any pressure on the blood blisters and expose them to the air
- Apply ice (not directly but by a washcloth or a cotton ball) to the blood blisters as soon as the injury if they are painful immediately after the injury
- Do not pop the blood blisters in normal circumstances, do notpop the blood blister as this causes infection and restrict the healing process.
For healing process:
- Protect the blood blisters with bandage, particularly in foot and hands
- Clean the blisters and around areas carefully before applying any treatment
- Keep blood blister treatment until they heal completely.
For broken blisters
- If the blisters burst or tear, drain the fluid from the carefully to clean it off.
- After cleaning the blood blisters, apply an antiseptic ointment if you drained the blisters yourself. Don’t use iodine or alcohol for the blisters.
- Leave the skin intact after draining the blisters and dress them with clean bandages.
Related article: 8 Ways: How to Get Rid of Fever Blisters on Lips Quickly Overnight
Our main Health page contains a range of treatment for many other diseases that are regularly updated, so you should go by to get more. Our article on 13 tips and ways of blood blister treatment on hand and foot is believed to be beneficial for everyone who suffers from this skin problem. Although all the suggested treatments are safe and effective, you should always check out your body reaction by small tests before applying them as your main blood blister treatment. Please leave your question below and let us see if you have other treatment of this skin condition.
Want More Content Like This In Your Inbox?
- What Cellulite Really Is: 7 Shocking Truths About Cellulite
- Fast shingles cure ebook review – will Bob Carlton’s guide help?
- How to treat dry mouth naturally – top 6 tips
- 12 nautral home remedies for wisdom tooth pain relief
- 26 healthy foods that reduce stress levels for better health
- 14 best home remedies for acid reflux and heartburn
- 38 Healthy and beauty benefits of drinking green tea daily
- What causes sinus infections in adults: 14 reasons