Hypotension is a term as the pressure of your blood exerted against the walls of your blood vessels after as well as during every heartbeat is often lower than normal. The phenomenon affects many people around the world. Many of us usually face the trouble, but we tend to pass it as another case of dehydration or dizziness. Constant low blood pressure may obstruct oxygen and other necessary nutrients from flowing towards your brain, which may cause fatality or even death. In this article, VKool.com will show you the causes of low blood pressure in adults: 8 reasons. The writing collected a list of low blood pressure causes from reliable sources. Keep reading this writing to learn more these 8 low blood pressure causes in more detail!
The Causes Of Low Blood Pressure In Adults: 8 Reasons
To avoid major consequences of hypotension, you should know the causes of low blood pressure. Click To Tweet. Pregnancy is also one of the causes of low blood pressure. Thanks to the rapid expansion of your circulatory system during pregnancy, one woman’s blood pressure will drop during this time. Generally, this is one normal response to pregnancy and will likely come back to normal after giving birth.
Learn more: Suitable Sleeping Positions During Pregnancy
2. Heart Problems
Because blood pressure is directly associated with the pumping of your heart, conditions such as a very low heart rate, heart attack, troubles with the heart valves and heart failure can all cause your blood pressure to be reduced.
3. Severe Allergic Reaction
Typically, certain reactions may cause a dangerous reaction called as anaphylaxis. Food, venom from insects, some medications and latex may all trigger anaphylaxis. Some common symptoms include swollen throat, problems breathing, itching and hives as well.
This is also one of the causes of low blood pressure.
- Diuretics like hydrochlorothiazide and furosemides cause lower water levels in the body, which can reduce your blood pressure.
- Alpha blockers such as labetalol and prazosin , and beta blockers like propranolol, timolol and atenololcan have an effect on the blood pressure.
- Erectile dysfunction medications such as tadalafil or sildenafil can also reduce your blood pressure.
- Drugs for Parkinson’s disease such as medications or pramipexole that have levodopa, and antidepressants like imipramine, protriptyline, trimipramine and doxepin are famous for reducing blood pressures.
5. Daily Life Causes
A lot of every day influences may cause a drop in the blood pressure. The blood pressure will naturally raise with age, but eating and movement will have one more substantial effect as well as cause it to drop.
- Stress causes the heart to beat faster, increasing your blood pressure. Generally, if you are often more relaxed, the heart slows as well as the blood pressure will drop.
- Poor diet which is lacking in some certain nutrients like folate and B-12 can cause anemia, one condition that causes a lack amount of the red blood cells in order to be produced, which cause low blood pressure.
- Exercise may raise the blood pressure for one while, but one healthy body which is in shape will have one lower resting heart rate, as well as lower blood pressure.
- Warm temperatures may cause the blood pressure to reduce a bit, and the blood pressure can be lower after eating because digestion is a lot of act requiring the use of much blood.
Dehydration is also one of the causes of low blood pressure in adults. The reason behind dehydration may be prolonged vomiting, diarrhea or nausea. Another reason for dehydration may be exercise, too much heat stroke and sweating. If the water which is depleted isn’t replaced then it may further cause the orthostatic hypotension. Some symptoms include lightheadedness, dizziness or fainting.
7. Organ inflammation
In general, severe organ inflammation inside your body may also cause hypotension. Wondering how inflammation of your organ can cause the blood pressure? Have a look at it then – when the organ is inflamed, fluids leaves the blood vessels to enter your inflamed tissues around your organ as well as surrounding area, absorbing blood and thereby reducing its volume.
8. Endocrine Problems
Endocrine problems such as hypothyroidism, parathyroid disease, low blood sugar, adrenal insufficiency and diabetes may also cause low blood pressure. Hypotension is caused in these kinds of diseases thanks to some complication in your hormone producing endocrine gland.
- Adrenal deficiency or thyroid disease can both cause your blood pressure to be reduced. Low blood sugar as well as in some cases diabetes may also affect the blood pressure.
- Blood loss whether light or extreme can also result in low blood pressure. This bleeding may be caused thanks to an operation, accident or any other reason.
- Infections that enter your bloodstream such as septicemia cause a dangerous drop in the blood pressure resulting in septic shock that can be fatal.
- A heart blockage may occur thanks to a heart attack or owning to atherosclerosis. In one heart block, the special tissues which transmit electrical current in your heart are damaged and it prevents some or all of electrical signals from reaching many parts of your heart, which further stop it from the regular contraction as well.
- You all need nutrients for your well being as well as good health. Even one minor lack in any time of nutrients may cause complications that in turn may cause the problem of low blood pressure.
Related article on low blood pressure problems:
In order to get more information related to health problems, go to our main Diseases & Conditions page. After reading the writing of the causes of low blood pressure in adults: 8 reasons, hope that this writing helps you learn more the causes of low blood pressure to prevent and treat it fast and effectively. If you have any question, please leave them below, I will respond you as soon as possible. Also you can share the experience if you know any other low blood pressure causes to us.