Hypolipidemia or hypolipoproteinemia is one condition which is characterized by abnormally low cholesterol levels. Although getting low cholesterol levels is associated with cardiovascular disease, several studies suggest that abnormally low cholesterol levels can negatively affect our health.
There are two major classifications of hypolipidemia. They are primary and secondary hypolipidemia. Secondary hypolipidemia is mostly thanks to some types of medical condition, whereas primary hypolipidemia is usually thanks to an inherited condition. In this article, VKool.com will show you top 5 causes of low cholesterol levels. The writing collected a list of low cholesterol causes from reliable sources. Keep reading this writing to learn more these 9 causes of low cholesterol in more detail!
Top 5 Causes Of Low Cholesterol Levels You Should Know
1. Liver Disease
It is important for you to know the causes of low cholesterol before treating it. Click To Tweet
Live disease is one of the top causes of low cholesterol levels. Liver disease is an acute or broad class of chronic conditions that negatively affect your health of the liver, a primary organ in management of cholesterol levels in your body. Dysfunction or damage in your liver causes either a sharp decrease or a direct increase in cholesterol levels banking on the nature of damage.
Read on: The Book Of Fatty Liver Diet
Hyperthyroidism is also one of the causes of low cholesterol levels. The excessively brought out thyroid hormones circulate throughout your body and cause a lot of different troubles and other conditions. Difficulty concentrating, weight loss, sweating and physical fatigue are often all symptoms of hyperthyroidism.
One of most common and the simplest causes of low cholesterol is malnutrition. Not getting enough food in the diet causes many different symptoms and conditions due to the lack of nutrients, minerals and vitamins. Your body needs food to manage and produce cholesterol, so the lack of food can cause a tremendous decrease in your cholesterol levels.
4. Malabsorption Conditions
Your body can not be getting enough necessary nutrients even if eating sufficient quantities and kinds of foods. Malabsorption in your intestines is often attributable to chronic conditions like Celiac disease. The complications often result in abnormally low cholesterol levels in your blood. While low cholesterol levels are usually thought of as one sign of good health, as they fall too far below the normal levels, they may cause other, especially damaging effects.
If you want to control the cholesterol levels, you should avoid some types of foods as below:
- Limit rich-fatcuts of beef; T-bone, tenderloin, porterhouse, top loin, rib-eye, flank steak and brisket. Choose meats labeled “select,” “lean” And “choice”. Avoid “organ” meats like sweetbreads and liver, which contain as much as cholesterol (375 mg) per three-ounce Limit luncheon and processed meats such as ham, hot dogs, sausage, packaged lunch meats and bologna; they are very high in sodium and saturated fats. Avoid goose and duck (lean, leg or skinless breast are lower-fat choices). You should avoid frying in goose or duck fat.
- Limit your getting of whole-fat dairy products like whole milk and butter, as well as two percent fat dairy products (like cheeses and yogurt). If you are used to consuming whole milk, or havingfull-fat dairy products, you should try switching to one percent milk and dairy products and low-fat. Once you feel pleasant with low-fat or one percent, you can try non-fat dairy products or skim milk.
- Cut back on some foods having partiallyhydrogenated vegetable oils to decrease trans fat in your diet. You need to check the food labels of some packaged foods for the terms “partially-hydrogenated oil” or “hydrogenated”. If the terms appear as one of the first 5 elements, it would be recommendation to limit or avoid those products.
- Limit cakes, cookies, pastries, pies, muffins, donuts When you bake at home, you should considerlow-fat recipes in order to make the desserts more cholesterol-friendly.
- Limit French fries as well as other fried dishes made with partially saturated fats or hydrogenated. You had better eat baked sweet potato “fries”for one healthier alternative.
- Fast foods, typically fried foods like fried chicken tacos, hamburgers and fried chips are high in both total fat and saturated. When eating out, replace them with the grilled variety or plain salads. Ensure you choose low fat dips and dressings. Replacing the foods with healthier options like oats, barley, soya, nuts, vegetables and fruits and foods that have planted sterols is a great way to maintain the levels of blood cholesterol in check. Limit your portions when you eat out, as well as choose low fat choices always.
- Saturated fats such as butter, bacon dipping, palm oil, coconut oil, etc., are to be decreased in consumption if you are attempting to keep your blood cholesterol levels. You should replace these with healthier choices such as olive oil, canola oil, etc.
- You may love your muffins, biscuits and crackers, but now is the time to chuck them as well as choose healthier choices. These snacks are literally loaded with hydrogenated and saturated fat, which may spell trouble for the levels of blood cholesterol. Instead, choose baked and low fat products.
- Cured and processed meats, particularly fatty meats such as corned beef, ribs, pastrami, steak, etc., are one strict no-no for these affected by the cardiovascular disorders, or those containing high blood cholesterol levels. You should replace the high fat meats with leans meats such as chicken, turkey, fish and lamb. Also limit the consumption of the meats to no more than two servings a day, with a serving being about size of one deck of playing cards.
To get more information related to health problems, go to our main Diseases & Conditions page. After reading the writing of top 5 causes of low cholesterol levels, hope that this writing helps you learn more the low cholesterol causes to prevent and treat it fast and effectively. If you have any question, please leave them below, I will respond you as soon as possible. Also, you can share the experience if you know any other causes of low cholesterol to us.
Related articles on low cholesterol levels: