When your esophageal sphincter tends to contract, it will make gastric acids move from your stomach upward. This leads to a burning sensation in your lower throat and chest which is called acid reflux. Certain research showed that acid reflux can be caused by bacteria which grow in your stomach. According to many surveys, nearly half of Americans suffer from the chest pain, burping, and bloating associated with heartburn or acid reflux at some periods in their lives.
People suffering from acid reflux often experience some various symptoms such as gas, heartburn or chest pain, burping, bitter taste, bloating, experiencing uneasiness in bending or lying down. There are many commercial heartburn medicines available in the market. However, they have short-lived effects and they often lead to unwanted side effects. So, why bother wasting money and time on those when you may treat and prevent this condition with coconut oil?
In this article, VKool.com will show you 10 useful ways on how to use coconut oil for acid reflux without any side effect. This article listed top methods that use coconut oil along with some natural ingredients to treat acid reflux effectively at home from trusted sources. Keep reading to learn the useful methods on how to use coconut oil for acid reflux quickly and effectively.
10 Useful Way On How To Use Coconut Oil For Acid Reflux
How can coconut oil help in treating acid reflux?
Coconut oil may be used alone or in combination with various natural ingredients which promote proper digestion as well as keep your digestive system healthy.
- Coconut oil can coat the throat and digestive tract, reduce burning sensations as well as other irritation which are caused by acid reflux.
The lauric acid contained in coconut oil is known as a natural antiseptic which may kill the bacteria and fungus causing acid reflux.
- Overeating leads to acid reflux as our stomachs have to break down large amounts of consumed food quickly. When you take coconut oil before meals, it will make you feel full and thereby prevent overeating. This also helps you to lose weight.
- Coconut oil contains the MTCs (Medium Chain Triglycerides) that are not only easily digestible but also offer numerous health benefits.
- As this oil is alkaline, it will neutralize the acid, reduce inflammation, and help in repairing tissue damage which is caused by heartburn.
- Coconut oil promotes the chloride production, which is very necessary for producing stomach acid and thereby being helpful for digestion.
1. Using Extra Virgin Coconut Oil
Using virgin coconut oil is the simplest way in the list of top 10 ways to use coconut oil for acid reflux.
- You simply consume 1 or 2 tablespoons of coconut oil for 3 times per day and then you can relieve burning sensations in your chest and throat as well as prevent heartburn.
- In order to avoid upset stomach, you consume ¼ teaspoon of coconut oil before each of your meals and gradually increase to one teaspoon.
- Or you can add coconut oil to juice, water, tea, smoothies, or coffee.
2. Coconut Oil, Oatmeal, Almond, Cardamom, And Raw Honey
- Shredded coconut – 2 tablespoons
- Coconut milk – 2 cups
- Steel cut oatmeal – 1 cup
- Chopped almond – 1 tablespoon
- Cardamom powder – 1 teaspoon
- Coconut oil – 1 teaspoon
- Raw honey – 1 teaspoon
- At first, you boil the coconut milk and add the steel cut oatmeal in it.
- Then you reduce the heat and simmer the mixture until it is done to taste.
- Next, you take the mixture out of the heat and stir well with the shredded coconut, chopped almonds, cardamom powder, coconut oil, and raw honey.
- You should consume this to reduce heartburn and acid reflux
3. Coconut Oil, Yogurt, Banana, And Vanilla
The combination of coconut oil and yogurt smoothies is also an effective remedy for treating acid reflux because Greek yogurt is also beneficial in restoring the balance of bad and good bacteria in your digestive system
- Greek yogurt: ½ cup
- Crushed ice: ½ cup
- Banana: 1
- Vanilla: 1 teaspoon
- Extra virgin coconut oil: 1 teaspoon
- You simply mix all these ingredients well and then blend them until they form a fine smooth.
- Now, let enjoy this smoothie whenever you need to keep acid reflux at bay
Read more: Top 11 advantages of plain yogurt face mask
4. Coconut Oil, Apple Cider Vinegar, Aloe Vera Juice, And Honey
You may also combine coconut oil with apple cider vinegar, honey, and aloe Vera to get an effective way for treating acid reflux.
- Extra virgin coconut oil – tablespoon
- Apple cider vinegar – 1 tablespoon
- Raw and organic honey – 1 teaspoon
- Fresh aloe Vera juice – 1 teaspoon
- Warm water – a glass
- Firstly, you mix the extra virgin coconut oil with apple cider vinegar, honey, and fresh aloe Vera juice.
- Then you add the water to this mixture and stir them well
- Keep consuming this solution whenever you suffer from acid reflux.
5. Coconut Butter For Baking
Remember whenever you bake, let use coconut butter instead of using dairy butter. In addition to working the same, it also adds the coconut flavor to your dishes.
6. Coconut Meat
This is also a great way to use coconut oil for acid reflux. Because coconut oil is extracted from the coconut meat, you may eat coconut meat to stop heartburn and promote healthy skin, hair, and eyes.
You may add fresh shredded coconut to each of your smoothies and desserts.
7. Diluted Coconut Oil
- With this remedy, you just dilute extra virgin coconut oil (4 teaspoons) with water (8 ounces).
- You stir them well until they are thoroughly combined.
- You should drink this slowly throughout your day to get a relief from this condition.
8. Coconut Oil Pulling
This is the simplest way but can give you a great result when you suffer from acid reflux. The coconut oil will pull bacteria as well as other toxins out of the mouth so that they cannot enter your digestive system and lead to acid reflux.
- You just put extra virgin coconut oil (3 teaspoons) into your mouth.
- Next, you roll and swish it for 5 to 7 minutes and then spit it out.
- Keep repeating this process every morning before you have breakfast.
Learn more: The e-book of Heartburn no more
9. Coconut Milk
You may find coconut milk at most grocery stores.
- To make it fresh, you firstly separate the flesh from 1 coconut and then grate it.
- Next, you mix this grated flesh into 1 bowl of hot water.
- You allow it to soak for about 10 minutes while stirring.
- After that, you pour the soaked and grated coconut in cheesecloth.
- You squeeze it to extract the coconut milk for 2 or 3 times
- You’d better use coconut milk to replace dairy milk when you bake or cook and use it in oatmeal, cereal, and smoothies.
10. Coconut Water
Coconut water is high in potassium, electrolytes, natural enzymes, and fiber. All of which can be beneficial in promoting proper digestion.
Besides, coconut water may cool and soothe your digestive tract and throat while neutralizing acids.
- You just drink coconut water 2 times per day, once in the morning and once before you go to bed to ease reflux.
- Or you can drink 1 glass of coconut water when you experience any symptom of acid reflux to help in neutralizing the acid levels in your stomach.
- Additionally, you may mix coconut water well with kefir to get probiotics which keep your digestive system healthy.
- To get the best results, you should follow some advice below when you use coconut oil to cure acid reflux.
- In order to avoid nausea, you should take coconut oil with small doses and then increase the dosage when you grow more tolerant.
- Eat small meals six times per day rather than consuming large meals thrice per day.
- When you use coconut oil to cure acid reflux in kids, let use half of the recommended dosage for adults.
- Coconut milk has high amounts of sugar. Hence, you’d better reduce sugar consumption when you use it to cure heartburn.
- Remember to consult your doctor advice before you use coconut oil to cure acid reflux.
- Before you start regular coconut oil treatments, let try consuming a small amount to ensure that you’re not allergic to this.
- If coconut oil does not reduce the symptoms of acid reflux within 3 days, let consult your doctor.
To learn more information about health problems, go to our Conditions & Diseases page. After studying this writing of 10 useful methods how to use coconut oil for acid reflux, hope that you learnt some simple ways to use coconut oil for treating acid reflux. All these remedies are safe, natural, effective as well as easy available for treating acid reflux. However, you have to try these remedies after carrying out a simple test to check the body reaction. If you have any comment, question, or want to share your experiences with us, leave them below, we will respond as soon as possible.
Related link: Top 9 uses of coconut oil for skin care and acne
Want More Content Like This In Your Inbox?
- Top 10 foods for hypertension patients – natural & healthy foods
- How to treat hives naturally at home – 6 tips
- Top 16 Benefits Of Canola Oil For Hair, Skin, And Health
- 13 Natural Home Remedies For Dry Nose Inside You Should Know
- Foods for upset stomach, vomiting and constipation
- Top 10 Natural Home Remedies For Gastroparesis
- 11 health benefits of citrus fruits
- Skin cancer prevention tips, activities and early detection