Do you often use coconut oil for cooking? Do you find it great to use coconut oil for cooking? Actually, coconut oil is an indispensable ingredient not only for beauty care but also for cooking. Nowadays, people tend to use cooking oil for their foods. However, it is quite unhealthy for us to use cooking oil frequently because that oil may contain a lot of unhealthy elements. Therefore switching to another type of vegetable oils is necessary. Of all the other replacements, coconut is a great recommendation.
A typical feature of coconut oil is that in the room temperature, it is solid. Especially, in the winter, this oil becomes harder and harder. Nevertheless, it is easy to be melted when cooking because it is still an oil. Many people are afraid of using coconut oil for cooking for some reasons that after reading this article provided by VKool.com, you will find it great to apply this vegetable oil in cooking.
Regarding the content of this article, we would like to introduce you some basic and useful tips on how to use coconut oil for cooking, as well as some interesting foods & recipes to cook with this ingredient. Now is the time for you to discover the usage of coconut oil. Let’s see!
How To Use Coconut Oil For Cooking – 5 Best Ways
1. Store Coconut Oil In A Smart Way
As said before, coconut oil is often in the solid form. Therefore, storing it in a large container will make it difficult to consume a small amount when cooking. To avoid this inconvenience, you are suggested to melt all the coconut oil you have and then pour it into some ice cube trays. After that, you should place them in your fridge to make it solid once more time. If the temperature in your kitchen is not too high, you can store them outside the fridge because the oil cubes are not melted in the room temperature.
When you use this coconut oil for cooking, you just take some cubes. It is easy to use and store, isn’t it? If you have this natural oil in your kitchen, do not forget to follow our tip above.
Read more: Best coconut oil beauty recipes
2. Let’s Bake With Coconut Oil
The very first cooking method that you can use coconut oil instead of other cooking oils is baking. Actually, it is one of the most favorite ingredients of many vegan bakers because this oil has the capacity of replicating the butter’s role. Thanks to the high amount of saturated fat contained in the oil, which is quite similar to butter, in nature. You can replace butter with coconut oil when making a pastry.
It is also convenient to use solid coconut oil to pulse into the piecrust and the dough batter. That is the same as the way using butter. Baking is one of the suggestions of using coconut oil for cooking as well.
It should be noticed that if you want to substitute this natural oil for butter, you have to reduce the amount of coconut oil by 25% in comparison with the amount of butter you often use. For example, if you need 10 grams of butter to bake a cake, you are supposed to use 7.5 grams of the substitution. Can you guess the reason why? It is because coconut oil is almost pure fat, thus, it creates the basic difference between butter and itself. Moreover, using the oil will lead to a lack of moisture in the pastry. As a result, you are recommended adding a little of the additional liquid to balance out the moisture. Actually, it is hard for us to recommend you how much additional liquid should be added, thereby trying several times with this substitution to have much more experience. Now is the time for you to learn a new recipe of utilizing coconut oil for cooking, especially for baking muffins
How To Make Peach Yogurt Muffins
Ingredients: (for 12 muffins)
- All-purpose flour: 2 cups
- Frozen/ fresh chopped peaches: 1.5 cup
- Sugar: 3/4 cup
- Plain Greek yogurt: 1 cup
- Eggs: 2
- Non-fat milk: one forth cup
- Melted coconut oil: 1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons
- Baking soda, baking powder, salt: half a teaspoon each of them
- Cinnamon: 3/4 teaspoon
- Preheat the oven, set it at 350F
- Whisk the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, sugar, and cinnamon together in a large bowl
- Whisk 2 eggs, milk, yogurt, and coconut oil in another bowl
- Mix two types of prepared ingredient together, put some chopped peaches. Note: Do not overmix them
- Scoop the prepared batter into a muffin pan. Bake it for 20-30 minutes
- Let the pan cool for5 minutes
Peach yogurt muffins are a great suggestion for your breakfast or your snack. This is one way to bake a cake without butter. It may take you 5 minutes to prepare ingredients and about 20 more minutes to cook. Thus, after only 25 minutes you will have the great peach muffins with coconut oil for your family. In general, among many ways to use coconut oil for cooking, baking is an indispensable one.
3. Frying With Coconut Oil
In addition to baking with coconut oil, you can also fry foods with it. In fact, when you fry with this organic oil, you are not required to use too much because a little will go a long way. Actually, frying with coconut is the same as with other types of cooking oil as well. Therefore, you can do the same with what you often do when frying foods. In general, the only thing you need to bear in your mind is that less is more.
When you use coconut for cooking, there often exists a common question whether coconut oil will affect the taste of your foods. The answer is no because when frying, this organic oil will lose its coconut flavor, which keeps the original taste of the foods you cook. You can use coconut oil for cooking without any afraid of taste changing. We would like to provide you some foods that are suitable for frying. For example, eggs, beef, chicken, duck, lamb, fishes, vegetables including garlic, pepper, onion, and potatoes.
Now is the time for you to seek for another recipe with the extra virgin coconut oil.
How To Make Loaded Sweet Potato Fries
- Sliced sweet potato: 1
- Melted coconut oil: 1 tablespoon
- Cornmeal: 2 tablespoons
- Adobo seasoning: 1 tablespoon
- Black beans: half a cup
- Shredded spinach: 1 cup
- Queso quesadilla cheese: 2 ounces
- Ripe avocado: 1
- Lime juice and honey: 1 tablespoon each of them
- Diced red onion: 1/4 cup
- Olive oil and minced cilantro: 2 tablespoons each of them
- Preheat the oven to 400C
- Rinse the sweet potatoes slices under cold water and pat dry by placing them on a tea towel.
- Toss the ingredient with coconut oil. Then sprinkle sweet potatoes in the cornmeal as well as adobo seasoning.
- Bake the fries for 35-40 minutes
- After that, remove the fries and gather them in a pan. Add queso quesadilla cheese on top and put the fries with cheese back to the oven to bake for about 4-6 minutes. Make sure that the queso quesadilla cheese is melted completely.
- Take the fries out of the oven and place on a plate
- While you are waiting for baking, topping should be made by combining spinach, black beans, onions, and avocado together.
- Next, whisk cilantro, lime juice, olive oil, and honey in a small bowl.
- Finally pour the sauce over the vegetable mixture
- Enjoy your fries with the mixture
Although it will take you about 45 minutes to make this recipe, you will have a delicious dish from sweet potatoes for not only snacks but also appetizers. Once again, this recipe is also another suggestion for you to use coconut oil for cooking. Hopefully, you will make it successfully.
Learn more: How to use coconut oil for wrinkles treatment
4. Stir-Frying With Coconut Oil
Regarding frying with coconut oil, we cannot skip a lot of recipes to stir-frying foods with this ingredient. It would be a big pity if we do that. Therefore, we would like to show you another common method to make use of coconut oil for cooking. Perhaps, it is hard for us to stir-fry something without cooking oil. Because of that fact, many people might refuse to eat stir-fried foods. They may be afraid of grease. Though we cannot get rid of cooking oil when stir-frying, we can substitute the normal oil by an organic oil, which is coconut oil. When we use coconut oil for cooking, it will not change the food’s taste. Moreover, this organic oil is very good for our health. It also makes the foods sound more aromatic. This is a good solution for those who are afraid of grease.
Now, go to your kitchen and let’s make a new recipe of a stir-fried dish with coconut oil.
How To Make Sesame Shrimp Stir-fry
- Liquid Aminos: 1/4 cup
- Sesame oil, honey, organic shelled hemp seed, coconut oil: 2 tablespoons each of them
- Peeled and deveined shrimp: 1 pound
- Thinly sliced and halved onion: 1 small yellow onion
- Orange or red pepper (sliced and seeded): 1
- Thinly sliced rainbow chard: 2 cups
- Small yellow squash: 1
- Minced garlic: 2 cloves
- Thinly sliced shitake mushrooms: 3 ounces
- Whisk together the sesame oil, liquid Aminos, organic honey, and hemp seeds in a small bowl. Note: If you cannot find liquid Aminos, you can replace it by soy sauce.
- Stir-fry shrimps with 1 tablespoon of organic coconut oil over the high heat for 2 minutes. Transfer shrimps to a bowl.
- Use the remaining coconut oil to stir-fry peppers, onion, squash, as well as shitakes for 5 minutes. Then add more minced garlic and cook for1 more minutes.
- You are required to stir in the chard. Then cook until wilted. It takes about 2 minutes.
- Pour the sauce into the skillet and simmer until it becomes a paste, 2 minutes.
- Keep cooking for one more minute and turn off the heat.
- Serve with brown rice or quinoa
- With only 20 minutes cooking, you can serve 4 people in your family a great dish from shrimp, sesame oil, coconut oil, and other ingredients. It is a kind of stir-fried foods, thus, it is easy to make and follow the recipe. Is it such simple? We are sure that you will enjoy your meal with this food. You can spend about 20 minutes every morning to make a full of energy breakfast. If you are afraid that you do not have enough time to cook, you can prepare all the ingredients at night and cook tomorrow. It just takes you only 10 minutes for a healthy diet.
You have had another way to use coconut oil for cooking. Let’s give it a trial and you will have a great experience.
Learn more: Healthy squash recipes
5. Grilling With Coconut Oil
In terms of how to use coconut oil for cooking, why don’t we grill something with it? As said before, coconut oil is very healthy for us. In comparison with the vegetable oil, it is even more natural than that one. In general, coconut oil is an amazing ingredient for grilling.
To grill with this organic oil, you should make a marinade by mixing spices with the melted coconut oil in a bag. After that, you add the main ingredient to grill such as chicken or fish in that bag and marinade from 2 to 4 hours. Besides, you can toss the raw vegetables in coconut oil following by adding the spices. Grill the veggies. Before grilling meat or fish, you are supposed to rub this organic oil on the grill as well. Let’s see one more recipe to use coconut oil for cooking, generally and grilling, particularly.
How To Make Coconut Oil Chicken Glaze
- Chicken glaze: serve 4 people
- Coconut oil: half a cup
- Lemon juice: half a cup
- Water: 1/4 cup
- Salt: 2 tablespoons
- Paprika: 1 tablespoon
- Pepper: 1 teaspoon
- Minced onion: 1 tablespoon
- Raw honey: 1 tablespoon
- Mix all the ingredients together in a jar.
- Shake it often.
- Start to grill chicken. After 20 minutes, baste chicken with the sauce
- Then flip the chicken. Keep brushing and basting until you run out of sauce.
Read more: Healthy carrot recipes
We have covered some methods to use coconut oil for cooking along with some tasty recipes for you to try. We hope that the information that we are providing you is useful and it will be some suggestions for you if you do not know how to make use of coconut oil for cooking. It is a big pity because we cannot offer you many more recipes. Therefore, if you have some to share with us, you are highly recommended leaving them below this topic. We can discuss more and more. Additionally, you are also welcomed to our main page Health to get more related information. If you have any comment and recommendation for us, please let us know by writing them on our topics. It will be very useful for us to collect your ideas and improve our articles.
Want More Content Like This In Your Inbox?
- Best healthy foods for immune system you should not skip!
- 11 Benefits Of Testosterone Therapy In Men And Its Side Effects
- Complete illustrated guide to homemade wine review – Mike’s book
- Top 13 health benefits of mushrooms
- Top 10 Natural Home Remedies For Altitude Sickness
- How to use ginger for morning sickness – 16 effective ways
- 28 Health And Beauty Benefits Of Cinnamon You Should Know
- Natural clear vision review – is Kevin’s guidebook useful?