Coconut oil is made from the extraction of the mature coconut meat. This coconut is a natural and beautiful smelling moisturizer which can soothe and nourish without irritation for your skin.
Diaper rash is known as an uncomfortable rash which can be caused by acid in the stool, yeast infection, ammonia from diaper material or urine. Keeping the bottom area dry and clean is very important. It is proven that coconut oil works as a barrier as well as prevents the diaper rash. Click To Tweet
Nobody wants to let their baby suffer from a diaper rash. Hence, try some methods with using natural ingredients to effectively treat diaper rash. In this article, VKool.com will show you 8 natural ways on to use coconut oil for diaper rash without any side effect. This writing listed the best effective remedies that use coconut oil combined with other natural ingredients to cure diaper rash yeast for baby effectively from reliable sources. However, this is only for the informational purpose. Keep reading this writing to understand more benefits of coconut oil for diaper rash!
8 Natural Ways On How To Use Coconut Oil For Diaper Rash Yeast
1. Coconut Oil For Treating Diaper Rash
Coconut oil contains many amazing properties, which makes it become an excellent remedy for various problems, including diaper rash. Try using some of these home remedies below with using coconut oil for diaper rash.
Remedy 1: Using coconut oil like a natural diaper cream
- At first, you melt half a cup of coconut oil in 1 glass bowl.
- Next, add 1 tablespoon each of chamomile flowers and calendula and then keep the heat at the low or medium level for at least 60 minutes or until this coconut oil turns to yellow.
- Then, you use a fine metal strainer to strain the flowers.
- Now, you add ¼ to ½ cup of Shea butter and 1 teaspoon of zinc oxide or arrowroot powder to this coconut oil.
- You use a food processor in order to make a velvety cream.
- Keep storing this in 1 small glass jar to use when you need.
Remedy 2: Coconut oil combined with lavender oil
The combination of coconut oil and lavender oil is also another of tips to use coconut for diaper rash.
- All you need is to pour ¼ to ½ cup of coconut oil in a glass jar.
- You put about 1 or 2 inches of water in 1 saucepan and let it heat until the water boils.
- Now, you put the glass jar containing coconut oil into the boiling water.
- Keep heating for a few minutes and take the jar out of the boiling water once the coconut oil is melted.
- Allow it to cool for about 5 to 7 minutes and combine it with some drops of lavender essential oils.
- You stir them well and then pour this oil mixture into an airtight container.
- Remember to let it cool for about 1 or 2 hours before applying to your affected area.
- Apply the diaper rash cream regularly to help your baby get rid of this condition.
Remedy 3: Coconut oil, zinc oxide powder, and beeswax
In fact, coconut oil has antimicrobial, antibacterial, antifungal, and antiviral properties and thereby helping promote the healing process.
- First of all, you prepare coconut oil (2/3 cup), beeswax (1/8 cup), and zinc oxide powder (3/4 tablespoon).
- Now, you mix the coconut oil well with the beeswax and use a double boiler to melt the mixture.
- After this mixture is melted, add the zinc oxide powder in it and blend this by using a blender for several minutes.
- Next, you store this cream in an air tight container and apply it to your affected skin area when it cools and solidifies.
Remedy 4: Coconut oil
This is the simplest way to use coconut oil for diaper rash you should try now.
- With this remedy, you simply use water to wash the bottom of your baby properly and let it dry.
- Then you use your fingertips to apply the coconut oil directly on the affected area of the baby.
- You allow it to naturally dry before wearing a new diaper for your baby.
- The coconut oil works as a barrier between waste in the diaper and your skin.
Remedy 5: Coconut oil, Shea butter, vegetable glycerin, and beeswax
- Firstly, you put half a cup of Shea butter, 1 tablespoon of beeswax, and 1/4 cup of coconut oil in a small saucepan and then melt them.
- When all the ingredients are melted completely, you take the saucepan out of the heat and then add two tablespoons of vegetable glycerin in this.
- You blend them well by using an electrical mixer until they form a cream.
- Keep storing this cream in an airtight container and let it cool naturally.
- You use this cream like a diaper rash cream for your baby.
Remedy 6: Coconut oil, water spray, and grape seed extract
The lauric acid content in this oil also assists in treating fungal and bacterial problems effectively and thereby helping in healing diaper rash well.
- Prepare 2 or 3 drops of the extract of grape seeds and 2 ounces of coconut oil.
- Now, put all prepared ingredients into a little distilled water and then mix well.
- Next, you pour this mixture into a spray bottle and use it to spray directly on the affected area.
- You should let it dry naturally before wearing a new diaper for the baby.
2. Coconut Oil For Treating Yeast Diaper Rash
This rash condition is caused due to a fungus named Candida allbicians. If your baby suffers from yeast diaper, it will be more painful than normal diaper rash. Try using one or two natural home remedies below to aid your baby in getting rid of yeast diaper rash more quickly
Remedy 1: Coconut Oil And Grapefruit Extract
In fact, the extract of grapefruit also contains a high source of anti-fungal properties, which assists in treating yeast diaper rash better.
- You just pour the coconut oil to fill a jelly jar and then add 5 to 10 drops of the grapefruit extract.
- You stir them well and apply this mixture directly on your baby’s diaper area whenever you change the diaper for the baby.
- If the baby has the age of over 6 months, you may also add a little tea tree oil to get the best results.
Remedy 2: Coconut Oil And Tea Tree Oil
This remedy is advised to apply for the baby over 6 months.
- You just add a little tea tree oil to the melted coconut oil and the mix them well.
- Next, you apply this mixture directly to the bottom of your baby after you clean and dry the baby’s bottom area.
- Let this mixture dry naturally before wearing a new diaper.
Learn more: How to use tea tree oil for scalp? 12 best uses
- You’d better always use the extra virgin coconut oil for your baby.
- If you are breastfeeding, you should include coconut oil in each of your meals for extra results.
- Allow your baby to be diaper free for a period time to get the better air flow.
Related link: Home remedies for diaper rash in newborns and infants
To get more information about various health and beauty conditions, go to visit our main Health page. After reading the writing of 8 useful ways on how to use coconut oil for diaper rash, hope that you can learn more some simple and easy ways to use coconut oil for treating diaper rash yeast for your baby. All these remedies are natural, effective, and safe for treating diaper rash. But you do not forget to try these remedies only after you carry out a small test, check your baby reaction. If you have any question, please let them below, I will respond you as soon as possible. Also, if you know other ways on how to use coconut oil for diaper rash yeast, please share them with us.