There is one thing that you may not know: most of our daily activities require a strong core. Not mention to a healthy diet plan for healthy weight, maintaing a well-planned workout regime is a must for a well-built, strong body. According to recent studies, the average American spends almost 56 hours a week sitting which is the reason why their cores are weak, making their daily activities much tougher than they should be. Therefore, it is necessary to have a daily core workout routine at home in order to maintain a strong core. By doing so, you will be able to not only achieve sexy, toned and sculpted abs but also prevent back pain, boost your metabolism and increase your agility. In this article, we are introducing an effective daily core workout routine which you can perform at home.
Daily Core Workout Routine At Home For Both Men & Women
1. Spiderman Plank Crunch
If you want to work your entire core, the plank is one of the simplest and most effective core workouts at home for you. This is an advanced version of the traditional plank. It brings all the concentration to the front as well as the back of your abs without requiring any equipment. You will have the chance to work your obliques, rectus abdominis and also your lower back. Therefore, by performing this exercise, you will achieve not only a strong core but also a perfectly sculpted abdominal area. In order to get the best results, you can follow these instructions listed below:
– Get started by forming a traditional plank position. Place your forearms on the floor while keeping your body in a perfectly straight line.
– Start to pull your right knee towards your right elbow then push it back to the starting position. Switch to your left knee and repeat this exercise, making it one rep. Try to complete 10 reps and you are good to go.
2. Cable Rotation
It is obvious that there are numerous benefits of playing sports. You may be happy to know that this exercise focuses on your obliques and is specifically designed for some sports such as golf, baseball, tennis and other racquet sports. If you play these sports, this move is perfect for you. Try to imagine when you are playing your sport then start making the similar movements while performing this exercise. By doing so, you will not only blast your tummy fat fast but also get the biggest gain. Follow these instructions below for the best results:
– Get started by using your hands to hold the cable out in front of you while standing. Keep it under your shoulder. Keep your arms straighten as well as stationary and try to engage your abs.
– Start to twist your upper body to the left side, then rotate back to the center, then to the opposite position and back to the center. This makes one rep. Switch to the other side and try to complete a set of 10 reps.
3. Bicycle Crunch
You will be able to bring all the attention to all of the three key points simultaneously by performing this exercise. It is a combination of a side to side motion in which the obliques are worked, a regular crunch and a reverse crunch that works your lower abs. Therefore, you will soon achieve perfect abs and a strong core after doing this move. You can try to get the best results by following these instructions below:
– Get started by lying on your back on a flat surface. Place your hands behind your ears. Lift your legs and bend them at 90 degrees.
– Start to pull your left knee forward toward your right elbow then pull your right knee forward toward your left elbow. Keep doing this for one minute. Try your best to hold the crunch for 2 seconds on each side in order to create a more concentrated movement.
4. Cross Crunch
This move is extremely easy, simple and totally doable. While performing this exercise, you are completely safe as well as supported on the floor. You are hitting the lower abs while lifting your legs off the floor. Since you are doing this at an angle, you are also working your rectus abdominis as well as the obliques. Therefore, your entire core will be completely worked after doing this move. Follow these instructions below for the best results:
– Lie on your back on a flat surface. Straighten your arms and legs outwards diagonally, creating an X shape.
– Keep your legs and arms extended, start to lift your right hand off the floor and reach to your left foot and get back to the starting position. Then lift your left hand off the floor and reach to your right foot. Keep your head, neck as well as shoulders off the floor. This makes one rep. Try to finish 10 reps and you are done.
5. Swiss Ball Rollout
This exercise is similar to the ab wheel. However, it is much easier as well as safer on your lower back. This move brings the concentration to the rectus abdominis since you will be staying in one plane. If you want to have an even more challenging workout, you can start rolling out to your sides at a 45 degree angle. By doing this, your obliques will be challenged and you will soon achieve that ripped and toned abs, giving you a perfect body. Follow these instructions below for the best results:
– Get started by getting on both of your knees on a flat surface. Place your hands on a Swiss stability ball.
– Straighten your back and engage your abs. Start to roll the ball as far as possible then roll it back to the initial position. Try to complete 10 reps of this.
6. Abdominal Hold
This exercise may look very weird to those who do not know anything about workouts. Therefore, it is a good idea to avoid performing this while having your roommate there to watch. This move will bring the attention to your abs and even your arms since they will have to work hard in order to lift your body off the chair. For this reason, you will soon achieve not only sculpted and strong core but also toned arms. Follow these instructions below to get to the results as fast as possible:
– Find a chair that is sturdy or a step with four risers. Start sitting tall on its edge. Put both of your hands on the edge. Point the fingers toward your legs.
– Engage your abs. Start to lift your legs 2 to 4 inches above the ground. Press your palms against the chair in order to bring your butt above the surface.
– Try to keep your body stationary for about 5 to 10 seconds. Then bring your body down and repeat this move. Try to do this for 60 seconds.
7. The Side Crunch
This move may seem to be difficult to you, but actually it is not. Your ability to balance will be challenged while you are working on your oblique muscles. You can start to practice by following these instructions below:
– Get started by getting on your knees on a flat surface. Start to slowly lean to your right side with your right palm placed on the ground.
– Try to keep balance then slowly straighten out your left leg and keep your toes pointed.
– Put your left hand behind your ears and keep your elbow pointed toward the sky.
– Then gradually bring your leg up to your hip height while trying to straighten your arms out, keeping it above your leg with your palm facing forward.
– Try to pull the left side of your rib cage to your hips while looking out over your hands.
– Lower your body down to the starting position. Try to complete 6 to 8 reps. Do two sets of this exercise and then switch to the opposite side.
8. The Hundred
The best thing about this exercise is that it does not require any machines or accessories yet it still helps you achieve that strong core at home. Therefore, you will be able to own the most perfect abs that make people jealous. Try to practice this move by following these instructions below:
– Get started by sitting tall on a flat surface or a Yoga mat. Bend your knees and place them by your chest. Put your hands right by your sides.
– Start to lie down while keeping your knees bent. Place your palms down.
– Lift your head off the ground and shoulders off the floor as you are exhaling.
– Start to pump both of your arms 6 inches up and down vigorously. Try to reach forward by straightening your fingertips.
– Do 5 pumps while inhaling and another 5 pumps while exhaling. Remember to make sure that you are tucking your chin in toward your chest.
– Complete this exercise by doing 100 pumps.
– Remember to press your lower back toward the ground and engage your abs.
That is the end of this article of daily core workout routine at home for men & women. Hopefully after reading this Daily core workout routine at homearticle, you will discover more exciting and effective core workout routine at home in order to achieve that strong core and perfect abs. If you find this daily core workout routine at home for men & women helpful, please let us know by leaving a comment down the section below. If you have any questions related to this article, please feel free to contact us any time you need.
Besides, there are also more fitness & exercise related articles from the site vkool, please make sure to pay them a visit. We are sure that you will find more meaningful and useful articles to apply to your daily physical activities.
Want More Content Like This In Your Inbox?
- Ultimate pull-up workout review – does this program work?
- How to exercise during pregnancy with 11 safe tips
- The body of your dreams review – does the book work for you?
- 16 Tips How To Get A Six Pack For Kids Fast At Home
- Face and neck aerobics review – will the course work?
- Accelerated muscular development 2.0 PDF review – is it reliable?
- LGN365 review – does JC Deen’s fat loss workouts work?
- CT–50 plan review – does Tyler Bramlett’s guide work?