Corrective exercise is about the right exercises that are appropriate for your posture, health, and your level of activity. Sometimes you make your body overload and make your body imbalance accidently but you do not know. By doing the corrective exercises, you will help you muscles grow and can prevent injuries and pains. Recently, VKool.com has introduced a writing of top 10 shoulder and FMS corrective exercises that you can learn to practice.
Top 10 Shoulder & FMS (Functional Movement Screen) Corrective Exercises
The push-up exercise or scapula push-up exercise can build your muscles stronger and it is one of the most corrective exercises for your shoulder balance.
The steps are:
- Begin with the position of push-up.
- Lock your elbows and back off the blades of shoulders whenever the torso is toward the ground.
- Now hold up your blades of shoulder fuller until the upper back seems to be bent slightly.
- Begin the original position and repeat for 10-12 times.
2. Neck Behind Exercise With Band
If you want to improve the lower muscles, this movement is very suitable for your purpose. Just a band, you will have a great exercise for your posture.
- Stand up and extend your arms over the head. Hold a band and keep your shoulder wide apart, place your palms forward.
- Pull back the blades of shoulder and flex the elbows, reduce the band behind the neck.
- Make sure to keep your chin tucked.
- Restart the original position and repeat 10-12 times.
3. Shoulder Rotation Exercise
Shoulder rotation is one of the most functional movement screen corrective exercises on shoulder as it strengthens your shoulder stability.
- Stand tall, extend your upper arm at the shoulder level.
- Bend your elbow about 90 degrees and rotate the shoulder internally.
- Point your forearm toward the ground.
- Get a small dumbbell in the left hand.
- Rotate the shoulder about 180 degrees, put the forearm toward the ceiling and top it.
- Start with the original position and repeat 10-12 times.
Learn more: Men’s Best Shoulder Workouts For Mass Building
4. Chest Stretch Exercise
Chest exercise is perfect for corrective forms. Chest stretch is very easy and simple to do so you should add this simple stretch to the list of corrective exercises you are seeking for.
- Face the wall corner, extend the left arm and put the hand again the wall.
- Turn the body right and lean forward as you stretch the shoulder and chest.
- Keep your arm straight with the line of shoulder.
- Hold it for 30 seconds and repeat it.
Learn more: Ultimate Chest Workout Routine At Home Or Gym
5. Chest Compression Exercise
In order to increase muscle flexibility, you may practice this chest exercise as the detailed instructions:
- Get a massage ball in your hands.
- Press the ball and roll it slowly around the chest.
- When you move the ball, press a bit to relive the tension.
- Massage for 30 seconds and repeat it.
6. Y Extension Exercise
Another corrective exercise for your shoulder is the Y extension movement.
- Get started with the position of laying flat on the ground; keep your shoulder and legs wide apart.
- Extend your arms as Y shape over the head.
- Raise the torso off the floor while rotate the shoulders internally.
- Face your palms upwards and hold it for 5-10 seconds.
- Repeat 3-5 times.
7. Grip Row Exercise
With this corrective exercise, you may use a resistance band or a cable machine to do.
- Use an object to wrap the resistance band at the chest level.
- Extend your arms and bend your knees slightly.
- Place the shoulder and feet wide apart.
- Maintain the head up, keep your shoulders back.
- Keep your back straight and chest out.
- Resist the band slowly until you extend your arms.
- Repeat 12-15 times.
8. Knee Pull With Lunge Exercise
Lunge seems to be popular exercises and it will provide more effectiveness for your shoulder if it is mixted with knee action.
- Put your left leg forward to the floor.
- Bend the hip and hold the knee of the left leg with the right hand.
- Pull the left knee to the body center and keep your spine erect.
- Rotate back the hip from the left knee.
- Make sure to rotate the left arm behind to rotate the torso.
- Change the side and repeat.
9. Arm Raise Exercise
Among the corrective exercises, arm raise movement is one of the most effective movements for your posture. The steps are:
- Step back with the left leg.
- Lift the left arm over the head.
- Hold it for a few seconds to push the hips forward.
- Restart with the original position.
- Change the right leg when you raise the right arm.
- Repeat 5-10 reps for both sides.
- You can hold a dumbbell in the hands when you raise your arm. Make sure you do not raise the arm over the head.
Learn more: Ultimate Arm Workout Routine For Bodybuilding
10. Rolling The Upper Back
This exercise will help you relieve upper back pain naturally. It is also easy and simple to perform. Let do with the following guidelines:
- Use the foam roller between the spines.
- Bend your knees and plant your feet against the floor.
- Plant the hands behind the head.
- Lift the hips off the floor, roll forward and move the foam roller down to the back, drop the hips to the ground.
- Repeat and roll back slowly.
- Repeat for 3 sets.
To get more exercises, you may visit our main Fitness & Exercises page.
After reading my writing of top 10 functional movement screen corrective exercises on shoulder, I hope that you have learned the most useful movements to improve your shoulder flexibility and your health. If you have any question, please leave your comments below and I will respond to you soon.
Want More Content Like This In Your Inbox?
- My bikini butt review – does Andrea Albright’s guide work?
- Exercise and mental health benefits that you must know
- 12 fun things to do in the morning to lose weight are exposed
- Sweaty palms program review – is Donald Wallett’s guide useful?
- Post rehab essentials review – is Dean’s guidebook useful?
- Health and nutritional benefits of shrimp – 7 advantages
- Top 10 Benefits Of Cornmeal For Health, Hair, And Skin
- Daily core workout routine at home for men & women