Are you suffering from a dry and dull hair? Or do you have split ends & frizz? Maybe you know that our hair can be damaged easily, but it will take a little longer to restore it. Recently, VKool.com made a writing of top 11 tips for dry damaged hair treatment at home. This writing is a collection of simple yet effective tips for damaged hair treatment from reliable sources. However, if you have any skin or hair problem, you should consult with your medical practitioner before following 11 tips presented in this article.
Top 11 Tips For Dry Damaged Hair Treatment At Home
Conditioner is one of the best friends you have when you are looking for solutions to repair your damaged hair. Conditioning will help you replace what is missing in nourishing your hair growth. To get the advantages of your daily conditioner, you need to leave some teaspoons of your conditioner on your hair from 3 to 5 minutes while being in the shower. In addition, you need to be careful to avoid rinsing it out too thoroughly.
2. Use Sulfate-Free Shampoo & Conditioner
Shampoo & conditioner that are made with natural oils & herbs will help repair your hair. You should shop in local health food stores for buying natural products made with natural ingredients, which help restore moisture to damaged, dry hair.
Besides, you need to avoid shampoo & conditioner, which are made with the sodium laurel or the laureth sulfates. In addition, there are a lot of industrial cleaning agents that are added to many soaps & shampoos; they can clean your hair, however, they also eliminate natural protective oils you need in the process.
If you want to know other tips for damaged hair treatment, keep reading!
3. Try Some Oils
For some oils, you need to use carefully on your hair. If using oil for your hair too much, you will make it look like dirty. You can use oil successfully on your hair to aid in repairing the damage by applying oils moderately.
- Moroccan agan oil: this oil is rich in proteins, vitamins, essential fatty acids, and antioxidants that help strengthen and soften your hair at the same time
- Jojoba oil: this oil is rich in vitamin B1, B2, A, & D. It is an ideal treatment for damaged, dry and split ends because this oil can help moisturize deeply, promote new, healthy hair growth, and repair damage to your hair.
- Sandalwood essential oil: this oil helps hydrate and soften damaged and dry hair by attracting and retaining moisture in the hair. It also helps smoothen hair cuticles and boost shine
- Grape seed oil: this oil helps moisturize both scalp and hair. It is very light and it can help penetrate easily into the hair. This oil goes directly to each hair cuticle, strengthens every hair strand and seals in the moisture
- And more
Learn more: Benefits Of Jojoba Oil For Natural Hair Growth
4. Stop The Heat Styling
Heat styling can allow you to do beautiful things with your hair, so this is the reason why you love it so much. However, if you want to aid your hair in repairing from bleach damage, you need to keep your hair away from heat styling for awhile. Besides, you need to let your hair dry naturally instead of using a hairdryer. In addition, you need to cut your use of the curling irons & flat irons when going out, or even you do not use them at all. Hair experts say that if you cannot give up absolutely your heat styling, at least you need to reduce the heat on your hair.
Learn more: 26 Natural Home Remedies For Split Ends
5. Treat Your Hair Gently
If your hair is damaged, it means that it is fragile. Experts say that when your hair is damaged, it does not get the normal elasticity hair. For that reason, it is tended to even be more damage if you do not handle your hair with care. You need to be careful on how to comb your hair and style it. In addition, you need to use this sort of caution until your hair is recovered.
Learn more: How To Strengthen Your Hair Fast At Home
6. Go For A Cut
When you have a dry damaged hair, you can decide to come for creating a new haircut. This is one of the easiest ways to deal with damaged hair in case it is only damaged on the ends of hair. Otherwise, you can have to wait some weeks until the bleach you use starts to grow out. Occasionally sacrificing a longer style for a healthier and shorter hair is a great trade off.
7. Wash Your Hair Well
You should wash your hair regularly and often use more shampoo and conditioner. You need to remember that you should not put too much the shampoo on your hair, and pile it on the top of your head because this may cause damage. When put the conditioner in, you should mainly concentrate on the ends & towards the center of your hair if you have wavy or straight hair. In case you have curly hair, you need to apply your conditioner to the entire length of your hair. Then, you scrub your scalp gently with your fingertips.
8. Stay In Good General Health
Hair also likes other parts of the body that is affected by what you drink and what you eat. Therefore, you need to make sure that you should get the plenty of water, essential nutrients and vitamins. Omega-3 fatty acids are an ideal solution for skin and hair. In addition, you can eat foods such as walnuts, flaxseeds, salmon, spinach, avocados, kale, carrots, and foods, fruits and vegetables that are rich in omega-3 fatty acids and that help improve dramatically the health of your hair.
If you want to discover benefits of honey for damaged hair treatment, keep reading!
9. Honey Treatments For Dry And Damaged Hair
This recipe only contains honey & water, and nothing extra added or needed. To make this recipe, you will need fresh water and 1/4 cup organic raw honey.
- Step 1 – mix ¼ cup of the organic raw honey with an enough amount of fresh water together to spread this mixture around your hair
- Step 2 – you can add more honey to this mixture depending on how much hair you have
- Step 3 – when you are ready, you need to apply after shampooing to damp hair and then let it sit for about 30 minutes
- Step 4 – rinse with the warm water
Honey & Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple cider vinegar will help leave your hair with lovely shine & act as a natural conditioner. To make this recipe, you will need 10 tbsp of apple cider vinegar and 1/4 cup organic raw honey
Directions: firstly, you mix together honey & apple cider vinegar. Secondly, you apply it as you shampoo to damp hair. Thirdly, you will let sit on your hair for about 15 minutes. Finally, you rinse out with the warm water.
Honey & Olive Oil
Olive oil will help create a big difference on your hair in moisture after just some uses, and it will help promote a healthy scalp & hair roots. In addition, olive oil can aid you in smoothing and coating dry & damaged hair shafts.
To make this recipe, you will need 1/4 cup of olive oil with 1/2 cup of honey
Directions: firstly, you have to mix together 1/4 cup of olive oil with 1/2 cup of honey. Secondly, you will warm this mixture slightly if needed. Thirdly, you apply it into your hair as needed. Finally, you rinse out with the warm water.
Honey & Coconut Oil
Coconut oil also likes olive oil that helps moisturize your hair & hair roots. You only need to add a little bit of coconut oil to your hair to make it more shine. Coconut oil is packed with full of nutrients, which make it become one of main ingredients in hair treatments.
To make this recipe, you will need 3 tbsp of warmed coconut oil with 1/4 cup of honey
Directions: firstly, you need to combine coconut oil with honey and then blend them thoroughly. Secondly, you work into your damp hair when you shampoo. Thirdly, you let it sit for about 10 minutes. Finally, you rinse out with the warm water
Continue reading the next part of this writing if you want to learn to make some simple and easy hair masks for damaged hair treatment.
10. DIY Hair Masks For Restoring Dry Damaged Hair
Coconut Oil Hair Mask
Coconut oil smells delicious, and it is the perfect moisturizer for your damaged and dry hair.
To make this coconut mask, you will need to prepare 1 part olive oil with 2 parts coconut oil
- Firstly, you combine the coconut oil and olive oil in a medium bowl and then mix them well
- Secondly, you apply this mixture to your damaged hair, and you should focuse on the ends
- Thirdly, you will wrap your hair in a bun on the top of your head, then, you cover your hair with a shower cap and then leave it on for about 15-30 minutes ( time depends on how damaged hair is)
- Fourthly, you rinse out your hair in the shower
- Finally, you shampoo & condition as usual
Banana Hair Mask
This banana mask is perfect for people who have a thinner hair. Bananas are rich in potassium that helps strengthen and fix damaged hair with not weighing it down.
To make this mask, you will need 1 tbsp honey and 1 ripe banana
- Firstly, you need to blend banana in the blender, and you need to make sure that all chunks are smoothed out
- Secondly you will apply this mixture to your hair
- Thirdly, you will wrap your hair in a shower cap and then wait about 15-20 minutes
- Fourthly, you will rinse out your hair in the shower
- Finally, you will shampoo & condition as usual
Avocado Hair Mask
Avocado is one of important ingredients in damaged hair treatment masks. In addition, it also is a great moisturizing facemask. Besides, egg yolk is full of fats & proteins to revive your hair naturally. To make this mask, you will need 1 egg yolk with ½ avocado.
- Firstly, you blend the avocado with egg yolk in a blender
- Secondly, you apply it to your hair, and you let it work from the bottom up to scalp
- Thirdly, you wrap your hair in a shower cap, then you wait about 15-20 minutes
- Fourthly, you rinse out your hair in the shower
- Finally, you shampoo & condition as usual
11. Homemade Protein Treatments For Damaged And Dry Hair
Egg is one of the great sources of protein for your damaged and dry hair. In addition, the yolk is rich in protein and fat that is extremely moisturizing. Besides, the white is full of the bacteria eating enzymes that help cleanse your hair & scalp.
Here are some notices when using eggs for damaged and dry hair:
- With egg, you can use a full egg to dry hair
- If you have oily hair & scalp, you should use only the whites
- In addition, egg can be used alone or mixed with some ingredients rich in protein to apply to your hair
- You can use this treatment for every two weeks or one a month
- Take 1 or 2 eggs depending on your hair’s length and thickness
- When mixing egg, you need to beat it until frothy and then apply it into your hair and scalp
- You need to make sure all your damaged hair is appropriately covered with egg
- You need to cover your hair with a shower cap and then leave it on your hair for about 20 minutes
- After put the mixture of egg on your hair, you need to rinse with the cold water and then shampoo as normal
Dairy products such as cream & yogurt are rich in lactic acid that gently helps cleanse while fat helps moisturize. You can mix egg with yogurt for creating a deep conditioning protein treatment. Easily, you just need to add 3 tbsp of sour cream or yogurt onto your hair. You massage your hair and scalp, and let it sit for about 20 minutes. Finally, you rinse and shampoo your hair as normal. You should use this recipe one a week.
Other tips you can follow for reducing the damage of your hair:
- Brush your hair with a brush or a comb with gentle bristles
- Use deep treatments & protein treatments periodically on your hair
- Stop using heat and avoid using chemicals
- Protect the hair from the sun
- Stop dying or processing your hair
- Use the natural styling products
- Do not wash your hair too often
- Wear a swim cap when going to the pool
To see all of our writings about hair, and remedies for all hair problems, go to our main Hair page. After reading the writing of 11 dry damaged hair treatment tips for women at home, hope that this writing is useful for your hair problems. However, it is solely for the informational purpose, it is not intended to give medical advice, so you need to contact your doctor for advice. If you have any question, or you have other tips for damaged hair treatment, please leave them below