Celery could be added to stir-fries, enjoyed cooked as a normal veggie, raw in salads, braised in a cream or stock, or used as a base flavor in sauces or soups.
Best Easy Celery Recipes – The Most Delicious Dishes With Celery:
In this article today, I would like to reveal some of the best easy celery recipes that are very delicious, easy to make at home, and good for health. The best easy celery recipes in this article are:
1. Hand Cut Fries With Celery Salt:
This is the very first out of the best easy celery recipes that I would like to introduce in this entire article and want you and my other readers to learn and make use for good!
- Celery salt, for sprinkling
- 4 large russet potatoes, scrubbed, peel-on
- Vegetable oil
- Fill a 6-quart Dutch oven or heavy pot 2/3 of the way full with oil. Use medium-high heat to heat the oil until a deep-fat thermometer registers 375 F degrees.
- Cut the potatoes lengthwise into sticks with a quarter-inch-thick. Bring the potatoes to fry in batches, eight minutes per batch, until golden brown. Use a slotted spoon to transfer the potatoes to a baking sheet that is paper-towel-lined. Sprinkle with salt and celery and serve right away.
2. Celery And Parmesan Salad:
- 1/2 cup (40g) finely grated parmesan
- 2/3 cup toasted walnuts
- 2 cups mixed micro herbs
- 2 cups flat-leaf parsley leaves, torn
- 1 bunch celery (with leaves), thinly sliced
- 2 tsps grated lemon zest and 1/4 cup (60ml) lemon juice, plus extra wedges to serve
- 1 tsp celery salt (see note)
- 1 tsp toasted celery seeds (see note)
- 2 anchovy fillets in oil, drained, finely chopped
- 3 eschalots, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup (125ml) extra virgin olive oil
- Whisk lemon juice and zest, salt, celery seeds, anchovy, eschalot, and oil. Stand for 60 minutes.
- Combine parmesan, walnuts, herbs, and celery in a large bowl, then toss with the dressing. Serve the salad with lemon wedges on a platter.
Celery and parmesan salad is worth trying for people at all ages!
3. Celery And Silverbeet Pie
- 1/2 cup milk
- 5 eggs
- olive oil cooking spray
- 8 sheets filo pastry
- 1/2 bunch silverbeet, trimmed, leaves shredded
- 6 celery stalks, finely chopped
- 1 medium red capsicum, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 medium white onion, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Grease a 22cm x 30cm (base), 6cm-deep, ovenproof dish.
- In a large frying pan, heat a little oil with medium-high fire. Add garlic and onion to the pan. Cook, stirring, for about three minutes or until the onion softens. Add celery and capsicum to the pan. Cook, stirring, for about five minutes. Add silverbeet. Cook until wilted or for two minutes. Transfer the combination to a colander. Cool for fifteen minutes. Preheat the oven to 180°C/160°C fan-forced.
- Put on a flat surface with a sheet filo. Spray with oil. Repeat, layering, with three sheets oil and filo. Line sides and base of the prepared dish with filo. Layer the rest of the filo sheets with oil. Use a tea towel (damp) to cover the dish. Set aside.
- Add the celery mixture to the prepared dish. Whisk pepper, salt, milk and eggs together in a jug. Pour the mixture whisked over the celery combination. Over filling, place reserved filo layers. Over to enclose filling, scrunch sides of filo. Spray top with oil.
- Bake until golden brown or for half an hour. Cover with foil. Bake for half an hour or until filling is set. Remove the foil. Allow it to stay still for about five minutes before serving it.
In fact, this is also among the best and best easy celery recipes that people should add to the daily meals!
4. Celery Slaw:
- 1/3 cup pale celery leaves
- 1 tbsp water
- 65g (1/4 cup) fresh caramelised garlic aioli
- 1/4 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/4 white cabbage, hard core removed, finely shredded
- 3 celery sticks, trimmed, thinly sliced diagonally
- Combine the water and aioli in a small bowl.
- Combine the onion, cabbage and celery in a big serving bowl.
- Pour over the celery mixture with the aioli mixture. Season with pepper and salt. Toss until they are well-combined. Sprinkle with some leaves of celery before serving it.
This is, in brief, one of the best easy celery recipes that people can make at home with ease.
5. Celery, Apple, And Ginger Juice:
- 5cm-piece fresh ginger, peeled, sliced
- 6 granny smith apples, cut in half, each half cut into wedges
- 6 sticks celery, trimmed
Use a juice extractor to process the ginger, apples and celery. Transfer the mixture to a big jug and stir to mix them well. Serve the juice right away.
This is actually also one out of the best healthy and easy celery recipes that a lot of people in the world love and will make use to reduce the risks of many health issues.
6. Celery, Lemon And Parsley Spoon Salad:
Another one on the list of the best easy celery recipes that I would like to reveal in the entire article today and want you and my other readers to learn and consider trying once is the celery, lemon, and parsley spoon salad – an interesting dish.
Take a cue from Turkey’s lovely cucumber and tomato ‘spoon salad’, and dice crisp summer veggies finely, as you will for a salsa. To eat and serve easier, serve this dish with spoons.
- 1/4 cup (60ml) extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp finely chopped toasted pecans
- 1 tbsp baby salted capers, rinsed
- 1/3 cup finely chopped flat-leaf parsley leaves
- Zested rind of 2 lemons, plus 2 tbsps juice
- 1/2 telegraph cucumber, peeled, seeds removed, cut into 5mm cubes
- 2 celery stalks
- String the celery as needed, then cut 1/2 lengthways and finely chop the celery (you can also keep some finely chopped celery leaves to add to the parsley to increase the flavor of celery in the dish).
- Add the celery into a large-in-size bowl with the celery, pecans, capers, parsley, lemon zest, and cucumber.
- Add the olive oil and lemon juice, season with pepper and salt, and toss it well to mix. Strain out any excessive juice and then serve the dish right away.
7. Chicken, Celery, Green Bean And Almond Stir-Fry:
Another out of the best easy celery recipes that I would like to reveal in this entire article and want you and my other readers to learn and remember to try is the chicken, celery, green bean and almond stir-fry.
Stir-fry is actually the fastest way to have a healthy meal on the table within just a few minutes. This one is a colorful mixture of nuts, green beans, celery, and chicken.
- 3 cups steamed SunRice White Medium Grain Rice, to serve
- 1/4 cup (40g) raw almonds
- 250g green beans, topped, cut into 4cm lengths
- 6 celery stalks, trimmed, thinly sliced on the diagonal
- 1 white onion, cut into thin wedges
- 2 tsps caster sugar
- 1-2 tsps sambal oelek, to taste
- 2 tbsps gluten-free tamari
- 2 tbsps Chinese black vinegar
- 500g chicken breast fillets, cut into strips
- 1 tbsp grapeseed oil (see note)
- Heat ½ the oil in a large fry pan or a wok over high heat. Stir-fry the chicken, in batches, within about one or two minutes or until it becomes golden.
- Stir sugar, sambal, tamari, and vinegar in a small bowl till the sugar is dissolved, and then set the mixture aside. Heat remaining oil by returning the wok over high heat. Stir-fry onion on the wok for one minute. Add beans and celery, and stir-fry for one or two minutes, until just tender.
- Return chicken to the wok with nuts and the vinegar mixture. Stir-fry within about two or three minutes, until the sauce coat the cooked chicken well. Serve this dish hot with rice.
8. Cream Of Celery And Celeriac Soup:
This is also one of the best food best easy celery recipes that people should learn and make use for good, especially those who do not like celery. After trying this dish, you will love celery!
As a tasty and warming soup for cool weather, this hearty celery and celeriac soup will make you feel super!
- 2 tbsps chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley leave
- 3/4 cup pure cream
- 1.5 litres Campbell’s Real Stock Chicken
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 250g coliban potatoes, peeled, chopped
- 1 medium (700g) celeriac bulb, trimmed, peeled, chopped
- 1 bunch celery, trimmed, washed, chopped
- 1 medium brown onion, chopped
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Prepare a large saucepan and heat some oil on it over medium heat. Add onion. Cook, stirring within about two minutes or until the onion becomes soft. Add garlic, potato, celeriac, and celery. Cook, stirring within about five minutes or until it becomes lightly brown.
- Add stock. Cover it and bring to the boil over high heat. Simmer and cover it over low heat within about half an hour or till the celery becomes soft. Turn off the heat. Set aside for five minutes and allow it to slightly cool. Process the soup until it is smooth in batches.
- Over medium heat, return the soup to the pan. Season with pepper. Stir in cream. Cook, stirring occasionally until it is heated through or within five minutes. Use parsley to top the soup and serve when it is still hot.
9. Green Coleslaw:
This crunchy coleslaw is full of fresh flavors and crisp textures.
- 1 tbsp celery seeds
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tbsp white sugar
- 2 lemons, juiced
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 Lebanese cucumber, halved lengthways, deseeded, thinly sliced
- 3 celery stalks, leaves reserved, stalks finely chopped
- 1/2 small savoy cabbage, finely shredded
- Add cucumber, celery and cabbage to a large bowl.
- Whisk together pepper, garlic, sugar, salt, celery seeds, half a cup of lemon juice, and oil in a bowl until you get a well-combined mixture. Spoon dressing over the dish and toss to coat. Prepare some reserved celery leaves to sprinkle the dish and serve.
10. Grilled Chicken With Celery And Apple Pasta Salad:
Thanks to grilled chicken and wholemeal pasta, this fruity and fresh salad will surely satisfy your hunger.
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsps chopped fresh chives
- 2 tbsps shredded fresh mint leaves
- 1 celery stick, trimmed, thinly sliced diagonally
- 1 baby cos lettuce, leaves separated, washed, dried
- 1 red apple, quartered, cored, thinly sliced
- Olive oil spray
- 4 (about 450g) chicken thigh fillets, excess fat trimmed
- 150g dried wholemeal penne pasta
- 2 tbsps white balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsps currants
- Preheat grill on high. Add vinegar and currants to a small bowl and set the bowl aside to soak. In a big-size saucepan of boiling water with a little salt added, cook the pasta until al dente or according to the packet directions. Wash the pasta under cold running water and then drain it. Add the rinsed pasta to a big-size bowl.
- Meanwhile, put the chicken to a baking tray. Use olive oil spray to spray lightly. Add pepper to the chicken for seasoning. Cook under grill until the chicken is just cooked through or within about three minutes for each side of the chicken.
- Slice the chicken thinly across the grain. Add half the oil, chives, mint, celery, lettuce, apple, chicken, and the currant mixture to the pasta. Season with pepper and toss to mix. Divide the dish among serving dishes. Drizzle over the rest of the olive oil to serve.
11. Braised Celery With Pancetta And Tomato:
Crisp celery plays the supporting act in a lot of dishes, but we consider that it can deserve a starring role. Slow-cooked celery can soak up the flavors of savory pancetta and sweet tomato.
- Pinch of caster sugar
- 80ml (1/3 cup) water
- 400g can cherry tomatoes
- 12 large celery sticks, diagonally cut into 5cm-thick pieces
- 1 dried bay leaf
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 large brown onion, finely chopped
- 100g pancetta, finely chopped
- 2 tbsps olive oil
- In a large heavy-based frying pan, use medium low heat to heat the oil. Add pancetta and stir until golden or within about five minutes. Put onion to the pan and stir until soft or within about four minutes. Add bay leaf and garlic and stir until aromatic or for one min. Stir in the celery until it is combined.
- Add the sugar, water and tomato to the pan. Season with pepper. Stir to mix the ingredients well. Reduce heat to low and simmer, cover, stir occasionally within about 45 minutes, one hour, or until the celery is soft but still not lose the shape.
12. Insalata Bianca (White Salad):
For a fast and healthy salad, try this Italian dish – full of feta and fennel. It actually makes a wonderful side dish.
- 100g ricotta salata, crumbled
- 2 tbsps lemon juice
- 1/3 cup (80ml) extra virgin olive oil
- 2 witlof
- 10 radishes, trimmed
- 1 celery heart, including leaves
- 2 bulbs baby fennel, halved, green fronds reserved
Use a Japanese knife or mandolin, slice celery heart and leaves, fennel, and radishes thinly and put them into a bowl. Add oil and lemon juice and season with pepper and salt for more taste. Toss the dish gently to mix the ingredients well, and then scatter with reserved green fronds and ricotta salata.
13. Potato And Celery Salad With Yoghurt Dressing:
This fast and simple to make potato salad is a wonderful side dish to serve with a seafood lunch.
- 1/2 cup torn fresh mint leaves
- 3 celery stalks, sliced
- 1 1/2 cups watercress sprigs
- 1 tsp wholegrain mustard
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/4 cup plain Greek-style yoghurt
- 1kg chat potatoes, halved
- Place potato into a saucepan. Cover with cold water. Leave it over high heat to boil. Then, use medium high heat to cook the dish within about fifteen minutes or until the potato is soft. Drain. Refresh the cold running water under it. Drain. Cut potatoes in 1/2.
- Place mustard, lemon juice, and yoghurt in a small bowl. Season with pepper and salt. Stir until smooth.
- Place mint, celery, watercress, and potato in a bowl. Drizzle with dressing. Toss to combine. Consume this dish right away.
14. Celery And Onion Dip With Prawn Crackers:
Holding a big bowl of prawn crackers and sit back to relax in front of the big game, and the delicious celery and cream cheese dip will satisfy your taste.
- 80g (about 48) uncooked prawn crackers (Osha brand)
- 3 tsps sweet soy sauce
- 1 x 250g container light cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1/2 medium red onion, finely chopped
- 2 celery sticks, trimmed, finely chopped
- Kids’ task: in a small bowl, mix 1 tsp of the onion and 1 tsp of the celery and set aside. Mix the sweet soy sauce, the remaining onion and celery, and cream cheese in a medium-size bowl.
- Meanwhile, cook the prawn crackers according to the directions on the packet (see microwave tip) or until crisp and puffed. Sprinkle the dip with the reserved onion and celery and place it in a serving bowl to serve with prawn crackers.
15. Stuffed Celery Sticks:
This is also one of the best easy celery recipes that I would like to introduce in this entire article and people should learn to make at home.
- 2 tbsps chopped walnuts
- 2 tbsps sultanas, coarsely chopped
- 65g (1/4 cup) hummus
- 60g (1/4 cup) light spreadable cream cheese
- 1/2 small carrot, peeled, finely grated
- 6 long celery sticks, ends trimmed
- Take 6 long celery sticks, ends trimmed. Cut them into 4 pieces for each.
- Mix 1/2 small carrot, peeled, finely grated with 1/4 cup (60g) light spreadable cream cheese in a bowl.
- Use the carrot mixture to fill 1/2 the numbers of the celery sticks and sprinkle with 2 tbsps coarsely chopped sultanas.
- Use 65g (1/4 cup) hummus to fill the remaining celery sticks and sprinkle with 2 tbsps walnuts (chopped). Consume the dish right away.
16. Apple And Celery Salad With Raisin Dressing
Give your side salads a flavor boost with celery and apple dressed in the sauce made from the sweet raisin.
- 50g Cheese Of The World Danish blue, crumbled
- 3 celery sticks, trimmed, thinly sliced on the diagonal
- 2 golden delicious apples, core removed, thinly sliced
- 50ml extra virgin olive oil
- Salt & freshly ground pepper
- 20g raisins, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup (125ml) red wine vinegar
- Place the raisins and red wine vinegar in a small saucepan and boil the mixture over a high heat. Turn off the heat and season with pepper and salt. Add the olive oil and set aside to allow it to slightly cool.
- In a large bowl combine the blue cheese, celery and apple slices, pour over the warm dressing and toss to mix it. Consume this dish right away.
17. Beef Carpaccio With Cannellini Beans And Celery:
Salsa verde is a clean, green way to power up white beans, fresh mozzarella and lean beef.
- 1/2 bunch celery, thinly sliced, pale inner leaves reserved
- 125g buffalo mozzarella or bocconcini, torn
- 400g can cannellini beans, rinsed, drained
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 600g piece centre-cut beef eye fillet, trimmed
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 2 tbsps extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp salted capers, rinsed, drained
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1/2 cup mint leaves
- 1 cup basil leaves
- 1 cup flat-leaf parsley leaves
- Use season and oil to rub the beef. Place over medium heat a fry pan and cook the beef, turning, within about five minutes or until it becomes brown but still rare in the center. Set aside to cool instantly.
- To make the salsa verde, place every ingredient you have in a food processor and whiz to a puree. Do not forget to add some water if necessary to get a consistency as desired.
- Slice the beef very thinly and use a rolling pin to lightly flatten each slice. Divide the beef into 4 plates and top with the celery leaves, sliced celery, mozzarella, and cannellini beans. Season well, then spoon over the salsa verde to serve.
18. Carrot, Beetroot, Apple And Celery Juice:
This nutritious vegetable juice will give you immune system a healthy boost.
- 1cm slice of ginger
- 2 oranges, peeled
- 1 celery stick
- 2 apples
- 1 small beetroot
- 2 carrots
- Chill ingredients.
- Feed the fruits and vegetables through a juice maker. Over crushed ice, pour the juice and serve right away.
19. Celeriac Soup With Smoked Trout Toasties:
The nutty, almost smoky flavor of celeriac can lighten this velvety soup, spiked with its distant cousins celery seeds and celery. The toasties served on the side will turn this dish into a light supper or lunch. This is actually one out on the list of the best easy celery recipes that people should not skip!
- 1 tsp celery seeds (see Notes)
- Good pinch of cayenne
- 1/2 tsp grated nutmeg
- 4 celery stalks, thinly sliced, a few inner leaves reserved
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 tbsps olive oil or unsalted butter
- 1 large celeriac, peeled, roughly chopped
- 600ml salt-reduced chicken or vegetable stock
- 3 potatoes, peeled, roughly chopped
Smoked Trout Toasties
- 4 tortillas
- 1/2 cup (60g) grated gruyere or cheddar
- 200g smoked trout fillet, shredded
- In a pan, place potatoes with 600ml water and stock and bring to the boil. Add celeriac and allow the dish to simmer on medium-low heat within about twenty minutes until it gets soft.
- In batches, blend the soup until a smooth puree. Return to the pan with spices and the celeriac. Season and stir well to mix.
- Meanwhile, in a pan, heat butter or oil over medium heat. Add celery and onion and cook, stirring within about ten minutes or until it is softened. Add celeriac to the pan and simmer within about ten minutes. Remove some pieces of celeriac, chop them finely, and then set aside.
- To get the smoked trout toasties, on medium-high heat, heat a chargrill pan. Scatter the grated cheese and trout over 2 tortillas. Use pepper to season well, and then use the remaining tortillas to the sandwich. Place on the grill within about 2 minutes until it is lightly browned, then turn and grill the other side carefully within about two other minutes or until the cheese is melted. Cut into fingers.
- Divide the soup into some serving bowls on demand, then scatter with celery seeds and celery leaves, and serve with the toasties.
20. Celery And Blue Cheese Salad:
This is the last but very important one on the list of the best food best easy celery recipes that I would like to reveal in this entire article and want you and my other readers to try.
- 2 tbsp chopped chives
- 1/3 cup walnuts, toasted
- 50g blue cheese, crumbled
- 1 red apple, cored, cut into batons
- 2 celery stalks, thinly sliced
- 120g pkt Coles Brand 4 Leaf Salad Mix
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tsp red wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp Coles Brand Pure Olive Oil
- 2 tbsp Coles Brand Pure Olive Oil
- Arrange the apple, celery and salad leaves on plates. Sprinkle with walnuts and blue cheese. Sprinkle with chives after drizzling with the dressing and serve.
Now, after reading this entire article and learn clearly about the best easy celery recipes and how to try them at home step by step, what people should do is to spend time reading another writing that reveals some other recipes – the List Of 25 Best Low Calorie Dessert Recipes article. Dessert is always an exciting part of a meal and all of us like it, especially the kids. This writing is actually an entire collection of the most delicious and nutritious dessert recipes that will not lead to unintentional weight gain as they are very low in calories and fats. These dessert recipes are very simple to make at home and requires not any hard to find ingredient, so readers of Vkool.com should not worry about the difficulty or the success rate of making these desserts at home.
This is the list of 20 most common and best easy celery recipes that are very delicious and rich in nutrients. Thus, if you are among people who do not like celery, try these. Well, who knows if you will love these dish and do not hate celery anymore. The best easy celery recipes revealed in this article and the ingredients needed are very easy to find and bought from any food store so that people should not worry about this problem.
After reading the list of best easy celery recipes and learn how to make some delicious dishes with celery and other ingredients in this article, if you think that this article is good for you and also useful for other people you know who love celery and are looking for delicious dishes made with this natural ingredients coming with step by step instructions, do not hesitate to share this list with them and encourage them to add these dishes to their daily diet for more taste and nutrient intakes. One more thing, as an author of VKool, I always would like to see my dear readers’ opinion, so feel free to leave your feedback and questions in the comment section below. I promise that I will reply you as soon as possible.
Related articles about the benefits of some food materials, natural ingredients, herbals, and how to make use of them for nutritious purposes: