If you are busy and want to find some healthy and easy slow cooker recipes for your busy schedule, then you are at the right place because these satisfying suppers will be perfect for your want. Just simply toss in all the ingredients and let the slow cooker do the rest work. Check out from VKool.com now!
5 Slow Cooker Recipes – Top-Rated Healthy And Easy Recipes
1. Slow Cooker Char Siu Pork Roast
This is a barbecue Chinese version, which is made with a Boston butt pork roast plus with a tasty flavorful marinade which decrease into a rich sauce.
With this recipe, the pork will be cooked in such slow-cooker for an additional tender, stress-free, juice meal. Serve it with long-grain or sticky white rice and a steamed or stir-fried medley of the bell peppers, snow peas, carrots, water chestnuts and sliced baby corn.
Serves: 8 (each serving requires 3 ounces pork plus with 1/4 cup sauce)
- Lower-sodium soy sauce: 1/4 cup
- Hoisin sauce: 1/4 cup
- Ketchup: 3 tablespoons
- Honey: 3 tablespoons
- Minced garlic: 2 teaspoons
- Fresh ginger which is grated, peeled: 2 teaspoons
- Dark sesame oil: 1 teaspoon
- Five-spice powder: 1/2 teaspoon
- Boneless pork shoulder, trimmed: 1(2-pound) (opt for Boston butt),
- Lower-sodium, fat-free chicken broth: 1/2 cup
Combine all 8 initial ingredients together in the small bowl, then stir them well with the whisk. Next, place the combination to the large zip-top plastic bag before adding pork further, seal. Marinate in the fridge for no less than 2 hours, remember to turn occasionally.
Place the pork and marinade in the electric slow cooker. Do not forget to cover before cooking on low for about 8 hours.
After that, remove the pork from that slow cooker with a slotted spoon. Next, place the pork on a work surface or your cutting board. Cover it with aluminum foil. Try keeping it warm.
Then, you add broth to sauce in the slow cooker before covering. Cook on low, about 30 minutes, or till the sauce gets thick. Shred the pork using 2 forks, serve with sauce.
Recommend reading: Chinese cookbook
2. Mediterranean Roast Turkey
This is one of the greatest slow cooker recipes that you need to try out. It is recommended that you should serve this roast with mashed potatoes. If you want, you can garnish with the fresh thyme sprigs.
Serves: 8 (each serving requires a mixture of 4 ounces of turkey and 1/3 cup of onion)
- Chopped onion : 2 cups
- Pitted kalamata olives: 1/2 cup
- Julienne-cut, drained, oil-packed, sun-dried tomato halves: 1/2 cup
- Fresh lemon juice: 2 tablespoons
- Minced garlic: 1 ½ teaspoons
- Greek seasoning mix: 1 teaspoon
- Salt: 1/2 teaspoon
- Freshly ground black pepper: 1/4 teaspoon
- Boneless turkey breast which is trimmed: 1(about 4-pound)
- Lower-sodium, fat-free chicken broth, divided: 1/2 cup
- All-purpose flour: 3 tablespoons
- Thyme sprigs (this is optional)
Combine 9 initial ingredients in the electric slow cooker. Then, add the chicken broth into (about ¼ cup). Cover it and cook on low for about 7 hours.
Now, combine the left broth plus with flour in the small bowl, stir the mixture with the whisk till it becomes smooth. Add the mixture to the slow cooker before covering and also cook on low, about 30 minutes.
Cut the turkey into many slices.
Check out: chicken recipes
3. Vegetable And Chickpea Curry
This vegetarian dish is flavored with an exotic blend of aromatic India spices whilst coconut milk can create a creamy finish.
The aromatic Indian spices mingle with green beans, chickpeas, and potatoes. Besides, coconut milk is well stirred into cooked curry to create a creamy finish.
Serves: 6 (each serving size requires 1 1/3 cups of vegetable mixture plus with 1 lemon wedge)
- Olive oil: 1 tablespoon
- Chopped onion: 1 1/2 cups
- Slices carrot: 1 cup(with 1/4-inch-thick each)
- Curry powder: 1 tablespoon
- Brown sugar: 1 teaspoon
- Fresh ginger, grated, peeled: 1 teaspoon
- Garlic, minced: 2cloves
- Serrano chile, which is seeded and minced: 1
- Cooked chickpeas (garbanzo beans): 3 cups
- Baking potato, cubed, peeled: 1 1/2 cups
- Green bell pepper, diced: 1 cup
- Green beans, cut: 1 cup(with 1-inch each)
- Salt: 1/2 teaspoon
- Black pepper: 1/4 teaspoon
- Ground red pepper: 1/8 teaspoon
- Tomatoes, undrained and diced: 1(14.5-ounce) can
- Vegetable broth: 1(14-ounce) can
- Fresh baby spinach: 3 cups
- Light coconut milk: 1 cup
- Lemon wedges: 6
First, you heat the oil over medium heat, in one large non-stick skillet. Then, add carrot and onion; cover it up and cook for about 5 minutes or till it tender. Now, add curry powder, sugar, ginger, chili, and garlic to that mixture. Cook for 1 minute, try stirring constantly.
Place the onion mixture into the 5-quart electric slow cooker. Then, stir in the next 8 ingredients plus with chickpeas. Cover it up and cook on high for about 6 hours or till the veggies become tender. Add coconut milk and spinach, stir till the spinach wilts. You can serve it with lemon wedges.
4. Slow-Simmered Meat Sauce
Mafaldine is the flat noodle with the ruffled edges. Substitute it with spaghetti if you want. Although it might take 8 ½ hours to get this recipe ready for being served, it just takes from you 25 minutes for preparation .
Serves: 8 (each serving requires 1 cup of pasta, 1 cup of sauce, 2 tablespoons of cheese, and 1 tablespoon of basil)
- Olive oil: 1 tablespoon
- Onion, chopped: 2 cups
- Carrot, chopped: 1 cup
- Garlic, minced: 6 cloves
- Hot Italian sausage, casings removed: 2(4-ounce) links
- Ground sirloin: 1 pound
- Kalamata olives, which are pitted and sliced: 1/2 cup
- Tomato paste, no-salt-added: 1/4 cup
- Sugar: 1 1/2 teaspoons
- Kosher salt: 1 teaspoon
- Red pepper, crushed: 1/2 teaspoon
- Crushed tomatoes, no-salt-added, undrained: 1(28-ounce) can
- Tomato sauce, no-salt-added: 1 cup
- Chopped fresh oregano: 1 tablespoon
- Uncooked mafaldine pasta: 16 ounces
- Torn fresh basil: 1/2 cup
- Shaved fresh Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese: 3 ounces
Heat the large skillet using medium-high heat. Then, add oil to the pan, swirl the pan to coat. Next, add carrot and onion to that pan. Sauté for about 4 minutes, and stir occasionally. Now, add garlic, sauté for 1 minute and stir constantly. Then, place the veggie mixture into the 6-quart slow cooker. Add beef and sausage to skillet before sautéing for about 6 minutes. Stir to crumble. Use the slotted spoon to remove beef mixture out of skillet. Place that mixture on the double layer of paper towels, let it drain. After that, add beef mixture to the slow cooker before stirring olives plus with 6 next prepared ingredients into that cooker. Now, cover and start cooking on low for about 8 hours. Last stir in oregano.
With pasta, you prepare as the package instructions, omitting fat and salt. Serve the sauce with hot cooked pasta, then top with cheese and basil.
5. Pesto Lasagna With Mushrooms And Spinach
This should be counted on when it comes to slow cooker recipes. Lasagna in the slow cooker? Well, you bet! Just assemble the layers and walk away. Truth is, no-boil lasagna noodles are really perfect for this dish, because they can absorb all the juices which accumulate within the crockpot.
You can use 2 (10-ounce) packages of the frozen chopped spinach in the fresh place, if you prefer. And, most types of mushroom will work.
- Torn spinach: 4 cups
- Cremini mushrooms, sliced: 2 cups
- Commercial pesto: 1/2 cup
- Part-skim mozzarella cheese, shredded: 3/4 cup(3 ounces)
- Provolone CHEESE, shredded: 3/4 cup(3 ounces)
- Carton fat-free ricotta cheese: 1(15-ounce)
- Egg, lightly beaten: 1large
- Fresh Parmesan cheese, grated and divided: 3/4 cup(3 ounces)
- Fat-free tomato-basil pasta sauce: 1(25.5-ounce) bottle
- Tomato sauce: 1(8-ounce) can
- Cooking spray
- Lasagna noodles (12 noodles), precooked: 1(8-ounce) package
First, you arrange spinach within the vegetable steamer, steam it while covered for about 3 minutes or till the spinach wilts. Now, drain it, squeeze for dry, and coarsely chop. Combine mushrooms, spinach, and pesto within the medium bowl, stirring to mix and set aside.
After that, combine mozzarella, ricotta, provolone, and beaten egg in the medium bowl. Stir them well to mix. Next, stir in Parmesan (about ¼ cup), set aside. Mix the tomato sauce and pasta sauce in the medium bowl.
Now, you spread 1 cup of pasta sauce mixture in the bottom of the electric slow cooker, coated with the cooking spray. Arrange about 3 noodles over the pasta sauce mixture, and top it with equal amounts (1 cup) of the cheese mixture and spinach mixture. You need to repeat these layers and end with the spinach mixture. Arrange about 3 noodles over the spinach mixture and top it with the left cup of cheese mixture. Next, spread the remaining sauce mixture over prepared noodles. Simply sprinkle with the left 1/2 cup of Parmesan. Last, cover it with lid and start cooking on low for 5 hours.
These are top 5 slow cooker recipes for everyone to try out at home. These recipes are suitable for those with busy schedule, so it does not take from you too much time to prepare.
Share your thoughts with us below this post. We will feedback soon!
Want More Content Like This In Your Inbox?
- Food 4 wealth review – does Jonathan White’s book work?
- Some good low calorie lunch ideas for work & home
- Alive after crisis book review – do Richard Marshall’s tips work?
- 13 simple & easy recipes for cupcakes for beginners
- 16 Quick And Easy Mocktail Recipes To Make At Home
- 12 Healthy & Easy Eggplant Recipes For Babies
- Fastpaleo top 100 of 2012 review – is the ebook useful?
- Top 17 low blood pressure diet recipes