Epsom salt is considered to be one of the most multi-functional and beneficial products on the market. Its name comes from the place where it was found, Epsom England, a small district of Sydney. Epsom salt has been appreciated for its benefits both in general health and beauty care for many years.
There are many benefits of Epsom salts including detoxifying the body and protecting body against bacteria causing breakouts; reducing redness, swelling, pain, and inflammation resulted from acne by its anti-inflammation properties; removing dirt, dead skin cells, and other impurities causing acne; absorbing excess oil and dehydrating bacteria that may grow in clogged pores and then cause acne… And we can find that all of these benefits are applied to skin problems, especially acne one.
Top 12 Ways On How To Use Epsom Salt For Acne Treatment
There are a variety of commercial acne treatments but they may be expensive and often come with unexpected side effects. If you are finding a natural, effective and affordable remedy for your acne problem, Epsom salt is actually a relevant one.
In this article, VKool.com will show you 12 useful ways on how to use Epsom salt for acne treatment without any side effect. This article listed the best methods and tips for with some other natural ingredients to treat acne with Epsom salt effectively at home from reliable sources. However, it is not intended to give medical advice and it is solely for the informational purpose. Keep reading this article to learn these useful ways to use Epsom salt for acne treatment quickly and effectively.
There is a notice that plain Epsom salt can’t be applied to your skin directly, but it can be combined with other natural ingredients to make mixtures that are useful in keeping skin clear and healthy. You can try on one of these methods below:
1. Epsom Salt And Water
It is the easiest way to use Epsom salt for acne treatment. You should follow these steps:
- Add 2 teaspoons of Epsom salt to 1 cup of water.
- Apply this water to your skin by a cotton ball and keep it for few minutes.
- Wash your face off with cool water, and then pat it till dry.
- Do this every day.
Learn more: 11 healthy drinks besides water and tea
2. Epsom Salt And Olive Oil
You can use olive oil combining with Epsom salt for acne treatment.
- Mix adequate quantities of Epsom salt with extra virgin olive oil.
- Apply the mixture to your face and massage it in circular motions.
- Keep your face for few minutes before rinsing it off with warm water.
- Do this every day.
3. Epsom Salt And Oatmeal
- Make a mixture of 2 tbsp Epsom salt, 1 cup of water, and 1 cup of organic rolled oats.
- Apply the mixture to your face after wetting it with water and massage it gently with circular motions.
- Keep it for 5 minutes, and then rinse it with warm water.
- Do this 3 times a week to balance and exfoliate your skin’s pH level.
Read more: 11 Health benefits of oatmeal
4. Epsom Salt And Coconut Oil
Coconut is known as a multi-functional ingredient in beauty recipes. It is also used with Epsom salt for acne treatment. Follow these steps:
- Stir 3 tbsp Epsom salt with 2 teaspoons organic coconut oil that is melted over low heat.
- Once Epsom dissolves, remove the mixture from heat and let it cool to normal temperature.
- Apply it to your skin and massage it gently with circular motions in about 5 minutes.
- Rinse your skin off with warm water and let it dry.
- Add your favorite moisturizer.
- Do this 3 times per week to get a better result.
- Note:It is advised to add tea tree oil to the mixture for added benefits.
5. Epsom Salt With Egg And Milk
Using milk and Epsom salt for acne treatment is a remedy applied to those who have oily skin. Click To Tweet
- Make a mixture of ½ teaspoon of Epsom salt, ¼ cup of non-fat milk, 1 raw egg, and the juice of 1 fresh lemon.
- Apply the mixture to your skin after making it wet with water.
- Leave the mixture on your face till it dries, and then rinse off with water.
- Do this every day.
6. Epsom Salt And Facial Cleanser
This process uses Epsom salt for acne appearing on back and chest. Plus, it gets rid of the dead skin cells causing dry, flakey, and irritated skin.
- Wash your face and neck with fresh water and pat dry.
- Mix ½ tbsp of Epsom salt and ½ tbsp of facial cleanser.
- Apply the mixture to the acne affected skin and massage gently with circular motions in 2 minutes.
- Rinse your applied area with cool water.
- Add oil-free moisturizer to your skin after drying it.
- Do this remedy twice weekly.
- Note:Don’t rub harshly because it causes inflammation and irritation along with the development of your present problem to other skin parts.
7. Epsom With Milk And Lime
This combination is one of the ways using Epsom salt for acne treatment.
- Make a mixture of ½ tbsp Epsom salt, 1 tbsp fresh lime fruit, 1 tbsp of powdered milk, and 1 tbsp cognac.
- Apply the mixture to the acne affected area and keep it until dry.
- Rinse your skin off with cold water and let it dry.
- Add oil-free moisturizer as usual.
- Do this every day to clear the acne effectively.
8. Epsom Salt With Olive Oil, Honey, And Lemon
Olive oil, honey and lemon are also combined with Epsom salt for acne treatment.
- Make a mixture of 1 tbsp each of Epsom salt, raw honey, and olive oil.
- Add 1 teaspoon of lemon juice into the mixture and stir it.
- Massage the mixture gently on your face skin with circular motions.
- Keep your face about 15 minutes.
- Wash it off with warm water and let it dry.
- Add oil free moisturizer to your face as usual.
- Use this remedy daily.
9. Epsom Salt, Mayonnaise & Carrots
Carrots and mayonnaise are mixed with Epsom salt for acne treatment and this remedy is used to treat acne in those who have dry skin.
- Mix ½ tsp of Epsom salt, ¼ cup of grated carrot, and 1 ½ tsp of mayonnaise, and then blend them together till they get smooth.
- Apply the mixture to your skin after wetting it, and massage it in circular motions.
- Keep your face for 5 minutes before rinsing it off with water.
- Add oil- free moisturizer as usual.
- Repeat daily.
10. Epsom Salt Bath
This is a common way to use Epsom salt for acne treatment.
- Add 2 cups of Epsom salt into warm water in the bathtub.
- Get in the bathtub and soak about 15 – 20 minutes.
- Rinse your body with plain water under a shower.
- Use this remedy 3 times a week to treat chest acne and cystic back.
- Add other ingredients into the bathtub including a half tbsp of sea salt with a half tbsp of coconut, olive, or jojoba oil.
11. Epsom Salt Compress
This process unclogs pores as well as relieves inflammation.
- Mix 2 tbsp of Epsom salt and 1 cup of lukewarm water.
- Soak a fresh cloth in this mixture and wring out the water.
- Cover your skin with the cloth and keep it until cool.
- Repeat 3 times soaking, wringing out, and placing the cloth on your skin.
- Rinse your face off with water and pat dry.
- Do this 3 times per week.
12. Epsom Salt Poultice
- Make a mixture of 1 tbsp of Epsom salt and 1 tbsp of your preferred dried herbs.
- Add ½ tbsp of natural oil like extra virgin olive oil into the mixture and stir together.
- Apply the mixture to your skin and cover it with a clean cloth that is soaked in warm water.
- Keep your face for 15 minutes.
- Take the cloth out and rinse your face with water.
- Do this 3 times a week to remove acne effectively.
Because Epsom salt is not a drug, so it is unavoidable to have side effects. Therefore, you should follow some tips below to get the best results as well as avoid the unexpected side effects.
Firstly, Epsom salt is a salt, so it can be extremely painful when coming into contact with an open wound.
Secondly, Epsom salt is still a very abrasive agent on its own. It is advised to be mixed with a cleanser, water, or anything else that does with Epsom salt so as to decrease the risk of aggravating your skin. That using Epsom salt by rubbing it on the skin directly is able to absolutely increase acne production.
Thirdly, Epsom salt is used for topical/skin but not for ingesting. Of course, there are other types of this salt produced for ingestion, but remember to take it in according to the doctor.
Finally, Epsom salt can interact with several drugs, so remember to consult your doctor before when you are taking any medications interacting with magnesium or magnesium sulfate.
To get more information related to health problems, go to our main Beauty page. After studying the writing of top 12 ways on how to use Epsom salt for acne treatment, hope that this article will help you learn more some easy and simple ways to get rid of acne with Epsom salt by yourselves. All these remedies are safe, natural, cost effective as well as easily available for your health. But you should not forget to try these remedies only after carrying out a small test in order to check your body reaction, and then continue using them. If you have any question or comment, please leave them below, I will respond you as soon as possible. Also, you can share your experiences with us if you know other ways on how to use Epsom salt for acne treatment.