Abdominal fat may take severe proportions if not controlled at the right time. If you’re determined to reduce belly fat, you must be very patient and make some sacrifices. Forget your favorite cakes and pizzas; instead focus on high fiber foods and green leafy vegetables if you want to display a slim waistline. Not surprisingly, the best method to own a slim waistline is doing exercises. In this article, VKool.com will show you exercises to reduce belly fat: 15 best choices. The writing collected a list of exercises to reduce belly fat from reliable sources. However, it is not intended to give medical advice and it is solely for the informational purpose. Keep reading this writing to learn these 15 exercises to reduce belly fat fast at home in more detail!
Exercises To Reduce Belly Fat Fast At Home: 15 Best Choices You Should Follow
Several very simple exercises you can practice every day will help you reduce belly fat effectively.
Nothing burns your belly fat faster than the crunches. You can follow some easy steps as follows:
- Lie down flat on one mat with your feet and knees bent on the ground. Or else, you can also lift the legs off your floor at a ninety degrees angle.
- Next lift the hands and then place them behind the head or hold them crossed on the chest.
- Inhale deeply and when you lift the upper torso off your floor, exhale.
- Again exhale as you come up and inhale when you get back down.
- Do this for ten times as a beginner.
- You should repeat another two-three sets.
2. Twist Crunches
This is one of the top exercises to reduce belly fat. For best results, you can do this exercise as follows:
- Firstly, lie down on your floor with the hands behind the head.
- Now bend the knees like you would do in the crunches, keeping the feet on your floor.
- Then you have to lift the right shoulder towards your left, keeping the left torso on your ground.
- Again alternatively, lift the left shoulder towards your right, keeping the right torso on your ground.
- You had better repeat for another ten times.
Learn more: Top 20 Tips To Flatten Belly Fast
3. Reverse Crunches
Now it is time for you to do reverse crunches. It is another effective exercise to lose belly fat for females. This is same as that twist crunch exercise. Generally, the only thing which you have to do is tilt the legs behind simultaneously with the shoulders. This side crunch focuses on your muscles on the sides.
Learn more: The Book Of Fat Burning
4. Vertical Leg Crunch
This is also one of the best exercises to reduce belly fat. Here are detailed directions:
- Lie flat on your mat or on your floor with the legs extended upwards towards your ceiling and a knee crossed over the other.
- You have positioned the body perfectly; do the similar when you would have done in the crunches. That’s, breathe in and lift the upper body from your floor towards the pelvis.
- After that breathe out slowly. When bringing yourself down, breathe in again and now exhale like you go up.
- You should do 12-16 crunches for about three sets at a go.
5. Bicycle Exercise
This is also considered among one of the effective exercises to reduce belly fat. Here are step by step directions for you to follow:
- Lie on your floor and keep the hands either by behind your head or your side as we do in the crunches.
- Then lift both the legs off your ground and bend them at your knees.
- Bring the right knee close to the chest, keeping the left leg out.
- After that take the right leg out and bring the left leg close to the chest.
- Alternate bending the knees this way as if you’re paddling a bicycle.
6. Lunge Twist
This is also one of the best exercises to reduce belly fat effectively. What you need to do:
- Stand with the legs hip width apart. Maintain the knees slightly bent.
- Then lift both the hands in front of you straight them with the shoulders and parallel to your ground.
- Take one big step forward with the right leg and then sit down as if on one chair so that the knees are at a ninety degrees angle from your floor. Your left leg had better be stood backwards supported by your toes.
- The spine had better be kept straight. Do not bend the spine forward. That’s incorrect way of performing your lunges.
- First twist the torso to your right and later to the left. Twist just your torso, not the legs.
- Continue repeating this for sixty times.
7. Rolling Plank Exercise
In order to gain expected results, you should do as follows:
- Position yourself on your floor with your elbows and knees resting on the ground.
- Hold your neck aligned with the spine. Look forward.
- Lift your knees up and support the legs on your toes.
- Contract the knees and maintain breathing normally. It is the plank pose. Sit in this posture for about 30 seconds.
Now begin moving to and fro for another 30 seconds. It’s the rolling plank exercise.
- Firstly, lie down on your floor sideways.
- Next support yourself on the right leg and right elbow. The elbow had better be perpendicular to your shoulder and your left leg had better be above your right leg, holding them together.
- Keep the knees straight. Your hips should not be touching the ground.
- Keep this position for thirty seconds. Once you can get comfortable, you can hold this for around 1-2 minutes.
- You should repeat with the other side too.
8. The Stomach Vacuum
The stomach vacuum exercises are the low-impact exercises which place greater focus on breathing in place of increasing your heart rate.
a. Follow these steps mentioned below in order to do this exercise for losing belly fat:
- First, come down on your ground to stay on all fours, supporting the body on the hands and knees.
- Then inhale deeply and loosen the abdomen.
- As exhaling the breath, tighten your abdomen muscles.
- Keep the abdomen contraction for around 15-30 seconds.
- Repeat this process again.
b. Another stomach vacuum exercise type is elevators. Here are detailed guides:
- Sit on one chair. Imagine the belly to be an elevator that is moving up.
- Then inhale deeply with only the nose and think that it is the 1st floor.
- After that, breathe out with the mouth and simultaneously push the belly towards the spine, imagining that you’re going up to the fifth floor.
- Breathe out fast five more times, squeezing the abs every time you breathe the air.
- Do the same steps another five times.
c. You may try standing pelvic tilts. It’s another type of stomach vacuum exercise.
- Firstly, stand with the legs hip width apart, and then bend your knees slightly.
- Now inhale deeply through the nose and push the belly inwards towards the spine and at the same time roll the hips out in front.
- Repeat 5-6 sets of the exercise.
9. Captain’s Chair
This is also one of the simplest exercises to reduce belly fat. Here are step by step directions for you to follow:
- Sit on your chair with the spine straight and your shoulders relaxed.
- Hold both hands beside you along the palms by your side of the hips, facing downward.
- Then inhale deeply.
- After that as exhaling, bring both the legs upwards such that the knees are close to the chest. Keep for 5 seconds. Do not bend forward and arch the back.
- Bring down the leg slowly and do again.
10. Bending Side To Side
Here are detailed guides for you to do this exercise:
- Stand erect with the feet together. Raise the hands above the head as in one ‘namaste’.
- Then keeping the legs grounded, bend the body to your right as much as possible until you feel one strain on the left waist. Sit for 15 seconds.
- Come back to your original position.
- Afterwards bend left. Retain the position for another fifteen seconds.
- Slowly, you can raise the holding time to thirty seconds.
One of the effective cardio exercises to lose belly fat is walking. You should see that walking is an effective and great way to burn away which ugly belly fat. In fact, it’s an excellent fat burner for the entire body. If following a healthy diet with walking at one steady pace for around 30-45 minutes for at minimum 4-5 days each week, you’ll witness one gradual change in the weight. The low-impact exercise increases the metabolism and your heart rate. One heightened metabolic rate burn away calories at one faster pace, thereby helping to eliminate your fat accumulated around the belly. Hence, walking has one decreased risk of injuries and also is considered to be one good workout for beginners.
You have to inhibit the body from acquiring used to whatever fixed workout routine. Therefore, you can switch constantly. You should try running for one change. It’s an effective way to maintain your heart rate up, lose belly fat as well as burn calories.
If you do not like running, you can try jogging instead. Jogging is greater at breaking down undesired fat as compared to weightlifting. It is a type of aerobic exercise which is extremely helpful for staying fit and fighting obesity as well.
This is another type of effective cardio exercise which helps you to reduce belly fat by burning the calories. Make sure that the heart rate goes up as you are cycling.
With swimming you acquire cardio, toning and weight loss at the same time! These strokes which you choose should be strenuous and up-tempo in order to aid you burn more calories. In general, you can begin with swimming about one to two times every week.
Related articles on belly fat problems:
If you want to know more about effective and simple exercises for health problems, go to our main Home Fitness page. After reading the article of exercises to reduce belly fat: 15 best choices, hope you learn more some exercises to reduce belly fat. You can follow these effective and simple exercises to lose belly fat. You may easily do these exercises at home without any personal trainer. If you have any question, or you want to know other exercises to reduce belly fat, please leave them below, I will respond you as soon as possible. Also you can share the experience if you know any other exercises to reduce belly fat to us.