Exfoliating skin allows you to remove dead skin cells, enhance your white skin, tone the skin, prevent skin aging and help you achieve younger and healthier skin than your real age. In this writing on VKool site, I am going to show you 25 simple yet effective ways on how to exfoliate skin before or after shower at home naturally. Learn to enhance your skin health and beauty with these tips easily.
25 Ways On How To Exfoliate Skin Before Or After Shower At Home Naturally
Instead of using commercial face and body exfoliants, you should consider using remedies to exfoliate skin before or after shower at home naturally. Normally, women focus on caring their faces than other body areas. To have the whole body white and toned skin, scrub your skin with homemade exfoliants regularly. Here are typical tips to exfoliate skin on face and the whole body.
I. How To Exfoliate Skin Naturally
II. Quick Tips To Exfoliate Skin
- Exfoliate Face Skin
- Exfoliate Body Skin
Keep reading top 25 tips on how to exfoliate skin at home to find out the best solutions for your problem!
I. How To Exfoliate Skin Naturally (Face & Body)
1. Lemon Juice
One of the best ways on how to exfoliate skin before or after shower at home naturally is lemon juice, which includes hydroxyl acid to get rid of dead skin cells. Lemon is easily found in every market and you can store this fruit in house for exfoliating skin. The method is:
- Combine ¼ cup of lemon juice, cane sugar, grape juice, and apple juice.
- Use a cotton pad, dip into the mixture and apply it on your face and body.
- Leave it for 10 minutes before you wash with fresh water.
Learn more: Uses Of Lemons
2. How To Exfoliate Skin With Papaya
Papaya is not only good for health but it is also great for skin exfoliation. The reason is that papaya has enzyme papain, which can remove dead skin cells very well. Also, papaya might heal age spots, fine line, and lighten your skin naturally. Young papaya or green papaya is the most useful ingredient for skin exfoliation. The remedy is:
- Mash young papaya into a smooth paste.
- Apply it on your face or body.
- Leave for 15 minutes before washing off with water.
Coffee is a natural ingredient to exfoliate skin as it includes caffeic acid, which contains anti-inflammatory effects that can stimulate production of collagen. Coffee might encourage your body in the morning and help you work better. In order to make the scrub for skin, you can:
- Mix a tablespoon of olive oil or water, a tablespoon of ground coffee.
- Apply this mixture on skin for 15 minutes before rinsing.
4. How To Exfoliate Skin With Grapefruit
If you really want to tone, tighten, and remove dead skin cell, you can try another fruit – grapefruit. This ingredient will encourage your skin to get collagen and help you treat discoloration. Moreover, combining grapefruit with avocado will be an excellent treatment for your skin. The method is:
- Blend grapefruit and avocado in a blender.
- Apply this mixture on your skin for 15 minutes before you wash with water.
Loofah is also spelled luffa, which is a tropical and subtropical fruit cultivated in many countries. This vegetable is not only used to eat, but it is also used to exfoliate skin when you use old loofah. This is very useful for cleansing kitchen and cleansing skin.
- To exfoliate skin, you can use oil, salt, and loofah.
- Use loofah to massage your skin gently to remove dead skin cells.
6. How To Exfoliate Skin With Strawberries
Strawberries are concerned as a queen of the fruit because of their taste and look. These sweet strawberries are useful for skin care. How to exfoliate skin at home using strawberries? Follow this instruction:
- Mix milk or honey with some ripe strawberries.
- Cover your face with the mixture for 15-20 minutes.
- Doing this method, your skin will be clean, fresh, and smooth.
- You can massage gently to increase circulation and help your skin absorb better.
- Alternatively, you can mix some lemon juice, some tablespoons of honey, a tablespoon of olive oil, and some ripe strawberry to fade dark circles and brighten your skin.
7. How To Exfoliate Skin With Olive Oil And Sea Salt
Sea salt is a great ingredient for skin exfoliation. While olive oil can moisturize your skin very well. The combination of sea salt and olive oil is perfect for exfoliating skin, not only on face, but also for your entire body. Let follow this guideline:
- Mix sea salt and olive oil together.
- Apply on skin and massage gently for 15 minutes.
- Then rinse off with warm water and pat it dry, use mild moisturizer as usual.
8. Tea Bags And Honey
Tea is a popular drink and you will surprise when knowing that tea bags can exfoliate skin very well. Countless tiny particles in residue tea bags can eliminate dead skin cells, make your skin fresh, and brighten your skin shortly.
- Now you need to get tea bag residue, mix it with a teaspoon of honey.
- Apply the mixture on face, body. Massage for a few minutes before rinsing off with cold water.
- Honey includes antiseptic property while tea residue can exfoliate skin effectively.
- This remedy is so cheap and safe for your skin. So try to take advantage of this remedy for help.
Ginger is not only the common spicy in every kitchen, but it is also a good ingredient in beauty and medicine. The mixture in ginger can exfoliate your skin and remove toxins from your body perfectly. Among them, there are two mixtures of exfoliation that are easily made and their effect is superb.
- Method 1:
- You need to prepare some olive oil, honey, oatmeal, crushed ginger, and a tablespoon of brown sugar.
- Stir the mixture frequently.
- Apply it on your face, massage gently into circulation to remove dead skin cells.
- Rinse off with fresh water.
- Method 2:
- Crush ginger and add a teaspoon of honey, a teaspoon of sea salt.
- Apply the mixture on face, body.
- Massage it gently for 15 minutes before rinsing off with water.
- Apply this method for twice per week to make your skin healthier and brighten your skin.
10. How To Exfoliate Skin With Walnuts
Walnuts are nuts of genus trees in juglandaceae family. They are used for processed foods and they contains high amount of fatty acid and proteins that are good for health and beauty goal. Walnuts are considered as tasteful snack for everyone and you can use the ingredient to exfoliate skin:
- Blend ¼ cup of dried walnuts.
- Add ¼ cup of plain yogurt.
- Apply the mixture on face or body for 15 minutes before rinsing off with water.
11. Egg Whites
Just need some eggs, you might get rid of dead skin cells on skin and whiten your skin simply.
- For face, you prepare an egg white, some drops of lemon juice.
- Combine all the ingredients together, massage it on face for 15 minutes before rinsing of with warm water.
- This remedy can heal oily as well as exfoliate skin very well.
- For entire body exfoliation, you should add more egg whites and lemon juice.
12. How To Exfoliate Skin With Green Tea Extract
Another home remedy for exfoliating skin is green tea extract and here is the way to use the ingredient for skin:
- You should have for 10ml of unsweetened raw milk and 10ml of green tea extract.
- Mix the ingredients together; apply on face or body to cancel dirt and dead skin cells.
- This paste also helps you moisturize, whiten skin, fight oxidant status, and reduce wrinkle on skin.
13. Fresh Turmeric
This is also a simple and safe solution on how to exfoliate skin naturally you can do at home every week.
- You will get some honey and some fresh turmeric.
- Blend turmeric and add a teaspoon of honey. Mix them well.
- Apply the mixture on face, body and massage gently to get rid of dead skin cells as well as fade dark circles.
14. How To Exfoliate Skin With Yogurt
Yogurt is a great exfoliant for skin as it contains a large amount of lactic acid. This acid is an alpha-hydroxy acid that is found in popular prescription treatments for skin. But the alpha hydroxyl acid in yogurt is so mild so it is safe to use for different types of skin and different skin areas on face and body.
Beside plain yogurt, you can add milk to scrub for smoother skin.
Simply, take a small amount of plain yogurt and apply it on face skin after having bath. To scrub the body, take a larger amount of yogurt and scrub the body for about 15 to 20 minutes. Then, rinse off with water. Don’t over scrub the skin. Gently exfoliate skin and massage the skin. Do it for at least one month and you will notice your toned skin as well as smaller skin pores. Read on: 18 health and beauty benefits of yogurt consumption
Beside yogurt, you can use oatmeal to scrub your face and body. This is a natural and cheap exfoliant. Also, oatmeal includes anti-inflammatory agents that work as a super moisturizer and it is safe for sensitive skin. To increase the benefits of oatmeal, add honey, yogurt, buttermilk to have a moisturizer and exfoliant for skin.
Firstly, take an appropriate amount of oatmeal (for only face or both face and body), stir it with 1 cup of buttermilk or yogurt, next, add 2 tablespoons of organic honey. Put all ingredients into a small bowl. Mix them well and apply this mixture on your face and body, depending on the amount of ingredients you have prepared. Leave it there for 15 to 20 minutes. Then rinse off with water.
By using the homemade oatmeal exfoliant for skin, you may save about $95 – $110 that might have cost you in a beauty spa.
16. How To Exfoliate Skin With Honey
Honey can be used alone or combined with other ingredients to make an exfoliant for skin. Honey includes antioxidants that aid in fighting acne, protecting and repairing skin effectively. Moreover, honey is an awesome topical anti-septic as it contains anti-fungal, anti-viral and anti-bacterial benefits. Hence, it can help reduce different types of skin infections, reduce inflammation and speed up the natural exfoliation.
Simply apply organic honey on your skin after washing face and having bath. Rub it for 30 seconds in the circular motion and rinse it off with water. Do it regularly at least a full month to achieve the best skin improvement. You might enjoy reading: 13 natural homemade face cleanser for sensitive & mature skin
Next to simple yet effective scrubbers for skin, do not miss sugar. It includes glycolic acid that acts to break down protein and keeps dead skin from sloughing off, boosts new skin cell development, softens and smoothens skin. To make the sugar exfoliant, mix ½ cup of sugar (brown and white sugar both can work well), with 2 teaspoons of olive oil, jojoba, grape seed or any essential oil you want. Apply this mixture on your face in the circular motion. Gently massage your skin for 5 minutes. Then rinse it off with water. Follow this remedy for 1 to 2 months and notice smoother skin.
There are a lot of other natural ways on how to exfoliate skin at home presented in this article, so keep reading it to learn more!
18. How To Exfoliate Skin With Sea Salt
Sea salt has been using to scrub skin for thousands years, so it is one of the best solutions on how to exfoliate skin listed in this article. This ancient remedy can help remove dead skin cells thanks to its mild abrasive agents, particularly for those with dry skin.
To do the sea salt scrubber, mix a small cup of sea salt with an appropriate amount of glycerin. You can purchase glycerin in any drugstores. Mix these 2 ingredients well to have a thick paste. Then, apply it over the body after having bath. Scrub the whole body with the sea salt and glycerin paste for about 10 minutes. Finally, rinse it off with water.
Like yogurt, kefir is a great source of beneficial bacteria (40 times more) that act to prevent skin infections. In addition, kefir is a good source of lactic acid that can help soothe and hydrate the skin. Simply, apply an appropriate amount of kefir to the face and leave it on for about 15 to 30 minutes. Then, rinse it and wash it as usual. After using this remedy for a month, your skin will be smoother and softer significantly.
20. How To Exfoliate Skin With Baking Soda
Baking soda is a natural skin care ingredient that is safe for different types of skin, including mature and sensitive skin. Just use a teaspoon of baking soda by mixing it with an appropriate amount of water. Mix them well and apply on face. Then, scrub the whole face in the circular motion. Besides, you can use baking soda in order to exfoliate the whole body before or after shower. This remedy is considered a spa-worthy treatment, so try baking soda exfoliant and notice your healthier and brighter skin fast.
Continue reading this writing to know other natural tips on how to exfoliate skin fast at home.
21. Fruit Exfoliants
What are exactly fruit exfoliants? Actually, I am mentioning to pumpkins, pomegranates and pineapples. They are great exfoliants with healthy alpha hydroxy acids. Besides, you can make use of papaya as it contains enzymes, bromelain and papain that work to encourage dead skin cells to be unstuck.
22. How To Exfoliate Skin With Ground Fruit Nuts & Seeds
Next to other solutions on how to exfoliate skin at home, try ground fruits nuts and seed. They work to remove and loosen dead skin cells. The typical sources of fruit nuts and seeds for skin include raspberry and blackberry seeds. Besides, you can use ground almond to scrub the face and the body.
23. Ground Coffee
Nowadays, many people make use of ground coffee as a beauty remedy. You can use ground coffee as a skin exfoliant. This ingredient helps tone the skin and helps your skin healthy. To make this exfoliant, mix 2 cups of ground coffee (coarsely) with 2 tablespoons of your favorite essential oil and 1 cup of sea salt. Apply this mixture on the skin after having bath. Rub it on the skin gently for 10 minutes then rinse off it with water. Next, pat your skin dry with a clean towel. Then, apply moisture. By using this homemade exfoliant, you can save about $80 t0 $90 as a similar skin care in a spa.
Keep reading this writing if you want to discover 2 special tips on how to exfoliate skin naturally at home!
II. Quick Tips To Exfoliate Skin
If you do not scrub your skin daily and regularly, your skin will be covered by a layer of dead skin cells. As a result, your skin will look dark, oily and dirty. By exfoliating your skin properly, you will notice your whitened and clean skin.
1. Exfoliate Face Skin
Remember to scrub your face skin at least once to twice per week. However, do not over exfoliate your face skin. If not, it will become weak or be damaged. Rub your exfoliant on the face for 20 to 30 seconds in the circular motion, and then rinse it off with water. Remember not to use hot water. If you have large pores, acne-prone skin or oily skin, try a homemade exfoliant that is safe, natural, economic and convenient.
2. Exfoliate Body Skin
Any scrubber you can scrub it for your skin, you can also use it for your body skin. Take advantage of natural homemade body exfoliants to care for your body skin, instead of going to beauty spas and burning your money there.
The body skin is not as sensitive as your face skin so that you can scrub your body more often than your face if you have spare time.
Also, there are more ingredients and remedies to scrub your body skin. Depend on different types of exfoliants, you can exfoliate the skin before or after shower.
See this list of awesome ways with popular recipes to exfoliate skin on face and body.
I’ve shown you top 25 tips and remedies on how to exfoliate skin on face and body. Hope that you can make use of all these remedies to enhance your skin health as well as your beauty.
For any feedback about this writing on natural ways on how to exfoliate skin before or after shower at home naturally, leave your comment at the bottom of the post. Thanks for reading!
Related articles on skin exfoliation:
Want More Content Like This In Your Inbox?
- Best exercises to slim hips and thighs at home
- Home remedies for diaper rash in newborns and infants
- Negative side effects of smoking – 7 worst disadvantages
- Fresh turmeric tea recipes: 8 best solutions
- Endometriosis bible and violet protocol review
- 17 Best Natural Solutions Of Treatment For Metabolic Syndrome
- Top 15 high protein salad recipes and toppings are introduced
- Natural cholesterol lowering foods: the best & fullest list