One of the things that hold a lot of people back from pursuing their dreams for many years is fear of failure, the lack of self-confidence, and some other problems. So, the key question: how to be more confident and overcome that fear for good?
As you know, confidence is a powerful tool that you can use in your daily life to able to do more of the things that really matter to you such as work, relationships, love, and many others. By working on your self-confidence and self-esteem, you can finally overcome your fears, and eventually pursue your dreams.
This post is inspired by a lot of readers of Vkool.com, who asked for an article about self-worth and self-confidence. In the report, you will discover 45 self-esteem and confidence building tips that are easy to follow for everyone no matter how they are.
- Learning is one of unique confidence building tips. Learning is always a positive and good thing, so, you should registry for the evening class and enjoy it.
- It is better for you if you can get out of your own head and guess-work by asking your partner or friends about what you could do for them today.
- You should concentrate on the things that truly matter to you. And, if they are not belonging to your life now, it is necessary to bring them in your life as soon as possible.
- Join in the gym class. The physiological effects can help you feel great; you will see yourself more attractive than previous days.
- Take part in some networking events that will help you focus on how you can be helpful to other people rather than continuously being nervous about your own stuff.
- Sit down and write a list of the things that are not meaningful in your life, and then plan some steps on how you can remove, minimise each one.
- Look at the success you have experienced recently. Recognising or appreciating your own achievements is not egotistical. If you see it with proper attitude, it is healthy.
- When participating in a social event, do not just stick with the people you know, but you should go and have a conversation with someone you have not ever known before.
9. Next time, when you have any intention to deny joining in or giving up anything such as a party or a challenging project or whatever else, say to yourself “What the Hell” and start doing it anyway.
10. Each day, you should do something that can make you smile
11. Invite the girl or the guy you like to go out for a date without hesitation now
12. Take yourself off auto-pilot. That means you should make deliberate decisions about things that play important roles in your life.
13. Stop playing different roles and squeezing yourself into boxes based on what you think people expect you to act like.
14. Get prepared. It is hard to be confident in yourself if you don’t think you’ll do well at something. Beat that feeling by preparing yourself as much as possible.
15. Next time, if you have to face with a risk or a challenge, just listen to what you tell yourself and look for an effective manner that can improve the condition. Give yourself a question that “What would make this easier?”
16. If sometimes, you are scared of looking silly. It is not a big problem because other people also encounter that condition in daily life, so do not let it stop you.
17. Clear the negative thoughts about you can not be confident. There are a lot of things you can do with your natural self-confidence. You just need to notice them carefully for building your confidence.
18. Listen to your doubts properly. Sometimes the doubts raising in your mind are there to let you know what you have to prepare for. Thus, you can take their advantage to help you move forwards.
19. Use uplifting music. Use inspiring and motivating music to pump up yourself before leaving for a night out, before a big test or meeting, before anything that may make your confidence unstable. This works pretty well as a temporary state-booster.
20. Eliminate a whole bunch of out-dated regulations that determine what you do, donot do, should do and should not do. They can limit your thinking and your behaviour. When abolishing all of these rules, you will feel how free you are to make great, deliberate decisions.
21. Do not ever think that being scared means you are not confident. Sometimes, it simply means that you are going somewhere new.
22. Be true to yourself. Live your life doing what feels right to you, not what someone else thinks you should do. It is okay to listen to advice, but in the end, make the decision that feels best for you
23. Be totally honest with yourself at all times. If there is something you do not like, admit it. You cannot be perfectly happy with everything about yourself! Being honest with yourself without being cruel can help. Acknowledge and welcome all of your experiences the good stuff as well as the bad stuff.
24. Compliment other people. When you think negatively about yourself, you often project that feeling on to others in the form of insults and gossip. To break this cycle of negativity, get in the habit of praising other people.25. Do something you are good at! What are you especially good at or enjoy doing? Regularly doing things that you are good at reinforces your belief in your abilities and strengths.
26. Confidence, sometimes, means that you can admit you are wrong. It also means that you are always ready to change your mind.
27. Trust your instincts no matter what happens.
28. Accept compliments gracefully. Do not roll your eyes and say, “Yeah, right,” or shrug it off. Take it to your heart and respond positively. Or you can say “thank you” and send a smile to that person.
29. Do not feel like you must do everything by yourself. Sometimes, the most confident thing you should do is to ask for assistance.
30. Take a chance on everything you will meet tomorrow. Anything, big or small, just take a chance.
31. By acknowledging and appreciating what you do have, you can combat the feeling of being incomplete and unsatisfied. Finding the peace in your soul will do wonders for your confidence.
32. Stop struggling against the things you do not like in your life. Try to create a congruent environment surrounding you that allows you to be you.
33. The body is a mirror for the mind; thus, shifting your body into a confident state can help you build more confidence.
34. Stop comparing yourself to others; do not try to validate yourself via comparison.
35. Dress sharp, look good, feel strong. It is important to feel good about yourself. Physical appearance can improve the way you feel and contribute to self confidence.
36. Shy with new people? Not a problem, there is nothing wrong with being shy. Just do not overthink it, start thinking you are unconfident because you are shy. There is a fact that the more you think like that the worse it gets.
37. Speak out and be more open. Speaking up ideas or causes in the workplace can give a sense of involvement. The more involved a person becomes in the workplace the more self confidence can be built.
38. Do not make your happiness or self-worth dependent on being in any relationship or being validated by other people. Just need to find your inherent value first, then your confidence and relationship will be immeasurably better.
39. Your strengths can be used to overcome any of your weaknesses. So, focus on your strengths and steady improve your weaknesses.
40. Not being too much concerned with what others think of you. You know when you imagine what some place is going to be like just before you go there but when you get there it is completely different to your imagination? That is how reliable your imagination is! Stop trusting your imagination so much; do not too concern about others’ saying.
41. Turn feelings of envy or jealousy into a desire to achieve. Stop wanting what other people have just because they have it; seek things simply because you want them, whether anybody else has them or not.
42. Being confident is an ongoing process. It is not a target or an end-point that when you reach, you can stop. Keeping building the best of your ability and your confidence will assist you in the road to success.
43. Do not say “Yes” to taking a responsibility or a task that is not yours just because you are afraid of saying “No”. You could politely decline that request that you cannot meet.
44. Being calm. For every situation in life you need to run on the appropriate level of emotion. Too much emotional ‘leakage’ into a experience can spoil the experience. You make great strides towards confidence when you begin to relax in a greater range of situations.
For learning how to being calm, you can check out the e-book of easy calm to get helpful solutions and confidence building tips for yourself.
45. Learn from people you respect who look confident. However, do not copy or imitate their characteristics
With these great confidence building tips, hope you have learned something new! Well, learning how to build self-confident requires much effort and patience, and maintaining it is the key to make you successful.
If you are interested in the post, we are open to welcome any discussion or debate about this subject. Leave your comments at the end of this post to let us know what you think. We appreciate your contribution and will answer all as soon as possible.