Are you suffering from body odor? Okay, you aren't alone because many people around the world have this embarrassing issue. Body odor may result from the changes of hormone in the body, an unhealthy diet, excessive sweating, poor hygiene, and genetics. There are a lot of different causes of this problem but when you have an offensive body odor, you will lose your confidence & get more self-conscious. Although perfumes and deodorants are available on the market to keep the body odor under control, they don't treat the underlying reasons. In many cases, the issue can be dealt with easily by following a safe, healthy diet. The foods you eat or not can affect the intensity of the natural scent of your body. In a point of fact, there are a lot of natural foods that will aid you in deodorizing and cleansing your system. Many other foods are also effective at fighting bad breath. So, today VKool will show you the top 10 foods that reduce body odor you should know. Continue reading this article to learn more.
Top 10 Foods That Reduce Body Odor You Should Know
One of the first healthy foods that reduce body odor is tomatoes. These fruits contain natural antiseptic & antibacterial properties that aid in cutting down a number of bacteria causing odor in the body.
In addition, being natural astringent, tomatoes are very useful in shrinking the pores and blocking the ducts that produce sweat, thus keeping excessive sweating under control.
Even drinking a cup of tomato juice may help to reduce your body temperature, which will reduce sweating.
- Consume half a cup of tomato juice every day or add fresh tomatoes to your salad.
- Before showering, apply fresh tomato juice to your body parts that often sweat a lot and keep it on for about 10 to 15 minutes. Wash off the juice in the shower. Use this method when needed.
Learn more: Health Benefits Of Tomatoes For Men
2. Foods That Reduce Body Odor – Coconut Oil
Another of natural foods that reduce body odor is coconut oil. This oil can make a great and natural deodorant in order to help your body to smell pleasant. Coconut oil contains medium-chain fatty acids that are comprised of antimicrobial properties, helping to keep the development of bacteria causing odor in check.
Taking organic coconut oil also supports your digestive health, another crucial factor in dealing with both bad breath and body odor.
Use this oil for oil pulling, a famous, ancient technique that helps to support detoxification.
- Firstly, take one tablespoon of coconut oil in the mouth.
- Then, swish this oil around the mouth for about 15 or 20 minutes.
- After that, spit it out and then brush the teeth as usual.
- Repeat this way every day in the early morning with an empty stomach.
Note: Remember not to gargle with coconut oil and swallow it.
You may also massage gently the body parts that usually sweat the most with a little coconut oil.
Sage is also listed in the health foods that reduce body odor thanks to the presence of some aromatic compounds such as diosmetin, luteolin, and apigenin in it. Its antibacterial properties also prevent bacteria from growing on the skin, thereby removing body odor.
In addition, this herb also decreases the activity of your sweat glands, thus you sweat less. It helps to flush out harmful toxins from your body. Sage also aids in improving your oral health.
- Consume sage tea for about 1 or 2 times per day. To make this tea, steep one teaspoon of fresh or dried sage in one cup of boiling water for about 5 minutes. Strain it out and add lemon juice to it. Drink this tea.
- Another option, take two tablespoons of dried sage and add it to 4 cups of boiling water. Then, let it steep for about 10 minutes. When it cools down, use it to wash your body parts sweating a lot. Repeat it when needed.
Note: This herb isn’t recommended for nursing mothers and pregnant women. Moreover, avoid using sage in large amounts because it may cause dizziness.
4. Foods That Reduce Body Odor – Parsley
Parsley contains the strong oils that help to overpower bad scents. Parsley also has a good source of chlorophyll that has alkalizing properties. This means that it helps to alkalize your body & purify your blood.
Furthermore, its antibacterial properties combat the bacteria causing odor in the body. Also, parsley aids in detoxification.
- Consume 2 cups of tea made from fresh parsley daily. To make this tea, steep one teaspoon of chopped parsley in one cup of boiling water for about 5 minutes. Strain and then let it cool. Finally, you may drink it.
- You may also use warm parsley tea as a great mouth rinse to combat bad breath. Or, chewing some fresh parsley leaves is considered a temporary solution to mask halitosis.
See more: Sweat Miracle Review
List of the foods that reduce body odor will be incomplete without including wheatgrass. Wheatgrass has large amounts of chlorophyll, known as a compound that can counteract body odor.
It also helps to keep excessive sweating in check by balancing the toxins and acids causing sweating in the blood.
In addition, wheatgrass is also rich in B vitamins & other essential nutrients that aid in regulating body temperature.
- Mix two tablespoons of the juice of wheatgrass in one cup of clean water.
- Drink it in the morning with your empty stomach.
- Repeat this way every day.
Note: Because of its very strong taste, a few people can feel nauseated or uncomfortable in the beginning.
6. Foods That Reduce Body Odor – Lemon
The awakening & lively scent of lemon plays an important role in making the body smell great. The great disinfectant and antibacterial properties of lemons also aid in removing body odor and controlling bad breath caused due to bacteria.
The acidic properties of lemon juice help to lower the pH level of your skin, which will make it difficult for bacteria producing odor to survive. In addition, being high in vitamin C (a great immune booster), lemons are very useful in removing harmful toxins in your body.
The plus point is that this fruit is easily absorbed by your body, thus improving the scent quickly.
Start a day with 1 glass of lukewarm lemon water to aid in cleaning and refreshing your system.
To deal with the odor coming from the underarms or feet, you may rub half a lemon on your affected area. Let the juice dry completely and then take a shower. Use this method once per day until the bad odor is gone away completely.
7. Green Tea
Green tea is one of the healthy foods that reduce body odor, bad breath, and stinky feet because it is very rich in antioxidants.
Green tea also supports detoxification by help to produce glutathione, a carrier-antioxidant which removes harmful toxins from your body. The fewer the harmful toxins in the body, the better the body will smell.
In addition, the polyphenols present in green tea also aid in freshening your breath and destroying the compounds causing bad breath.
- Pour one to two teaspoons of green tea in a cup.
- Then, pour boiling water over it.
- Now, cover and steep it for about 2 to 3 minutes.
- After that, strain, add raw honey to it and drink it.
- Drink this tea for 3 to 4 cups per day.
8. Foods That Reduce Body Odor – Rosemary
One of other foods that reduce body odor is rosemary. This aromatic herb can help to annihilate body odor very effectively. The volatile oils present in rosemary can be useful in combating any type of body odor by inhibiting the development of bacteria causing odor.
In addition, the compounds chlorophyll menthol found in rosemary also aid in neutralizing strong body odor & lending a nice scent to the body.
- Drink two cups of rosemary tea which is made from dried or fresh leaves every day. To make this tea, add 1 to 1.5 teaspoons of this herb to one cup of boiling water and cover it. Then, let it steep for about 5 minutes. After that, strain the herb out before consuming it.
- You may also combine rosemary essential oil (8 to 9 drops) in 1 ounce of clean water. Apply it to the body areas which sweat a lot. Repeat it for 2 or 3 times per day.
Note: If there is a skin irritation when applying rosemary externally, avoid using it.
See more: Health Benefits Of Rosemary
Another of foods that reduce body odor is cinnamon. Known as an excellent breath freshener, cinnamon helps to leave behind a fresh scent. In a point of fact, cinnamon may improve rather than sabotage your natural aroma.
Its volatile oils aid in fighting bad breath by lowering the number of bacteria present in your mouth.
- Consume cinnamon tea at least one time per day. To make this tea, steep a cinnamon stick in boiling water for about 10 minutes and then consume the refreshing tea. It also helps to improve the digestive health.
- To combat bad breath instantly, rinse your mount with cool cinnamon tea.
Read more: Health And Beauty Benefits Of Cinnamon
10. Foods That Reduce Body Odor – Fenugreek
Fenugreek seeds and leaves have the capability of fighting foul odor by removing toxins in the body. In addition, they also have a balance of minerals, vitamins, and phytonutrients that are very useful in improving digestive health, which is essential for giving your body a pleasant smell.
Besides, fenugreek also helps to deal with bad breath that is caused due to a catarrhal infection effectively.
- Take one teaspoon of fenugreek seeds and soak it in one cup of clean water overnight. Then, munch on these seeds along with this water in the morning to improve the body smell during the day.
- You may also drink one to two cups of fenugreek tea every day. To make this tea, boil one teaspoon of fenugreek seeds along with one cup of water. Strain it and drink this tea for 2 times per day.
Learn more: Benefits Of Fenugreek Seeds And Leaves
- Avoid foods that contain a high content of sulfur.
- Avoid foods such as onions and garlic that cause the strong odor to your body.
- Avoid foods such as alcohol, red meat, and junk foods, and artificially flavored foods. They have toxins, which are released through sweat & can provide you with a foul odor.
- Drink enough water daily to prevent an accumulation of toxins in the body.
- Eat fresh vegetables and fruits to detoxify the body and keep body odor under control.
- Take a bath at least once per day.
- Never wear tight shoes and keep away from wearing shoes for a long time.
- Always wash your clothes thoroughly after wearing them once.
- Opt for cotton clothing instead of synthetic fabrics to stay away from trapping sweat & moisture.
- Keep yourself dry all the day.
To get more articles linked to health conditions and diseases, go to the main Heath page. After studying our writing of top 10 foods that reduce body odor, hope that it can help you to avoid these foods to get a pleasant smell. If you know other foods that reduce body odor, please share with us by commenting on this article now.
Want More Content Like This In Your Inbox?
- Honey for hair growth – recipes & benefits of using honey on hair
- Top 12 home remedies for appendicitis pain
- How to save electricity at home – 7 tips
- 56 Fast Tips On How To Get Rid Of Eczema Scars On Legs & Body
- Good & bad foods for diarrhea, vomiting and constipation
- Top 10 natural home remedies for fatigue and depression
- The ballet bible book review – is Anita’s book useful?
- Chikara reiki review – will the guide effectively work?