Constipation is an uncomfortable and common digestive health trouble in which the stool gets hardened along with won’t pass through your bowels smoothly. In most cases, constipation causes thanks to the lack of fiber as well as water content in your body. An average adult commonly needs fiber that ranges from 25 – 30 grams a day in order to get a regular bowel movement. Thus plan the daily diet with more foods rich in fiber and also drink more of liquids and fluids to get fiber flow properly in your digestive tract as well as to have regular and normal bowel movements to inhibit constipation. In this article, Vkool.com will show you natural foods to relieve constipation: 13 best choices. The writing collected a list of foods for constipation from reliable sources. However, it is not intended to give medical advice and it is solely for the informational purpose. Keep reading it to learn these foods to relieve constipation in more detail!
Natural Foods To Relieve Constipation: 13 Best Choices That Amaze You
Some certain foods are very effective in getting rid of constipation.
As you know, drinking less water is also one of the main causes for constipation. Therefore, water is considered as one of the best foods to relieve constipation. This assists to moisten your intestines and feces that make the bowel to easily move from inside your body to outside. For treating constipation, you can drink either cold or warm water to cure this problem but the intake of warm water help to soften your stool faster than normal or cool water.
- Take water and consume this to remove constipation.
- Everyday intake of at least eight – ten glasses of water a day will act as effective medicine for curing constipation.
2. Fiber Rich Foods
General speaking, the most important thing to prevent and cure constipation totally is the intake of fiber rich foods in the daily diet. Fiber is one part of plant material which helps to treat constipation mainly in 2 ways like it adds bulk to your stool along with softens the stool to easily come out. In fiber, we commonly hear about 2 types such as insoluble and soluble fiber.
- Soluble fiber will absorb the water along with binds with the fatty acids by creating a gel – like substance that keeps the stool soft.
- Insoluble fiber does not dissolve in the water and gives bulk and the essential moisture to your stool that helps to regulate your bowel movement.
So start having the fiber rich foods and gradually increase the quantity of taking dietary fiber in your diet. In another way, too much fiber taken at once may cause symptoms like loose stools (diarrhea), gas, bloating or upset stomach. So, gradually increase the intake dietary fiber rich vegetables and fruits by up to 20 – 25 grams a day in the daily diet. Alternatively, you can also try using fiber supplements to get the needed amount of fiber for everyday requirements.
Learn more: Top 17 Health Advantages Of Fiber Rich Foods
3. Best Fruits For Constipation
Generally, fruits are one of the best foods to relieve constipation. The body responds better to the fruits that have been taken raw or cooked or dried. Here are some fruits that are very useful in easing constipation.
Berries like strawberries, blackberries and raspberries have high amount of fiber that helps a lot in curing constipation. ½ cup of fresh strawberries has 2 grams of fiber and blackberries will provide you 3.8 grams of fiber and raspberry has 4 grams of fibers.
Guava is also one of the best foods to relieve constipation. Its seeds and pulp contains both insoluble fiber and soluble fiber that helps to pass your stools very easily. Also, this aids in mucus production in the anus and helps in contraction of intestinal lining which further aids in the proper passage of food into your stomach and thus into the colon to inhibit constipation. You will obtain 5.4 grams of dietary fiber from one hundred grams of guava. Thus, include the guava fruit in the daily diet to keep this constipation at bay.
- Guava (raw or not too ripe)
- Take guava fruit and next eat it in breakfast.
- Or if you’re suffering from any gastric troubles, then you can eat this guava after lunch yet avoid eating it at night time.
- The best way to eat this fruit is to eat the pulp along with its peel by softly chewing its seeds to remove constipation as well as other gastric problems.
Oranges have rich quantities of vitamin C and also contain a lot of fibers. Aside from these, oranges contain water content in it that also helps to maintain the stool moisture and soft. Plus, it has one compound called flavanone naringenin contains some laxative effect that further assists to get regular bowel movements. Therefore, it is good to eat 2 – 4 oranges daily for constipation and health like glowing skin, stronger teeth, and best immune system.
Kiwi is also one of the best foods to relieve constipation because one medium sized kiwi has about 2.5 grams of fiber together with a lot of nutrients, minerals and vitamins which not only needed from constipation but also for great health which includes intestinal problems. Intake of kiwi will assist to promote your regular bowel movements along with clears the constipation problem.
Apart from these fruits, you may also use these following fruits for coping with constipation:
- Ripe bael
- Figs (Fresh)
4. Dried Fruits For Constipation
Dried fruits are also considered as one of the greatest foods to relieve constipation. They have much fiber and laxative effect that effectively eases the constipation problem. Here are some dried fruits listed below.
Prune works as natural a laxative and contains high amount of dietary fiber (of around 3 grams of fiber for five prunes) as well as sorbitol (sugar alcohol). Here are several ways on how to use the prunes for treating constipation.
Method 1: (Prune Juice)
- 1-2 glasses of prune juice
- Take one glass of prune juice and consume this for two times per day i.e. once at night time before bedtime and once in the morning on empty stomach.
- Or you may eat these prunes in place of drinking its juice.
- Daily intake of these prunes will help much in treating constipation.
Method – 2: (Prunes)
- Prunes or its Juice
- Take about 2 – 3 prunes and next chop it finely.
- Later sprinkle the chopped prunes on the oatmeal, cereal or stir it in muffin or pancake batter.
- Have this to remove the constipation as well as to have better digestion along with better absorption of nutrients into your body.
- Or else, you can also add the prune juice into your banana smoothie to make this as one nutritious breakfast and then have this every day to get rid of constipation problem.
- Do this process daily for at least one week to observe the significant changes in removing constipation.
Method – 3: (Lemon Juice and Stewed Prunes)
- 1 cup of prunes
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
- 1 ½ cup of water
- Lemon slices – few
- Take saucepan and next add prunes in it.
- Later pour water in this and stir it well.
- Now add freshly squeezed lemon juice this and place this on the heat or stove.
- Boil it for some minutes till it attains the boiling point.
- After that, simmer it for around 25 – 30 minutes and next turn off the heat.
- Let it cool down for several minutes and then add some lemon slices in this.
- Consume this stewed prune in the lemon juice mixture in order to prevent constipation.
- Daily intake of this mixture will certainly help you to totally get rid of constipation.
Raisins are also one of the best foods to relieve constipation. Raisins work as natural laxatives and also have a rich amount of insoluble fiber as well as other essential nutrients that help to inhibit constipation. You’ll have 3.7 grams of dietary fiber from one hundred grams of raisins that add mass to your stool and maintains it loose to come out easily. Thus, every day intake of raisins will absolutely prevent constipation as well as diarrhea in everybody. Here is the way on how to use raisins for constipation.
What you need:
- 10 to 12 raisins
- ½ cup of water
- First of all, take one handful of raisins.
- Later soak them in water for an entire night.
- Strain the water in the next morning and eat those raisins with an empty stomach.
- You can also consume that water to inhibit constipation.
- Continue doing the process regularly until constipation has treated completely.
- Or simply, you can take one handful of raisins and then eat them every day one hour after completing your meals for better digestion.
Figs are commonly loaded with fibers and also work as natural laxative that assists to keep this constipation at bay. Plus, these figs are very useful in curing chronic constipation. Thus, you can take either dried or fresh figs to treat constipation. You will have 5.6 grams of fiber from the dried figs as well as 2.2 grams of fiber from the fresh figs of around 100 grams of serving.
Method – 1: (Soaked Dried Figs)
- 4 to 6 dried figs
- Take water in one small bowl.
- Next add dried figs in this.
- Leave it to soak for entire night by covering this bowl properly.
- Take out these soaked figs in the next morning, and eat them on an empty stomach.
- You should regularize taking these figs to remove constipation.
Method – 2: (Figs With Milk)
- Figs (dried or ripe)
- 1 glass of milk
- First of all, take one saucepan and then pour milk in it.
- After that, add some figs in the milk and leave it to boil for some minutes.
- Now turn off the heat and consume the milk at night time prior to going to bed.
- Ensure that this milk as you are drinking should be warm.
- Alternatively, you may also directly eat these figs together with their skin.
- Don’t forget that the usage of the whole fruit is often better than syrup that is available in market.
- Follow taking these figs frequently till you get total cure from constipation.
Learn more: 7 Health And Nutritional Advantages Of Raw Milk
Method – 3: (Dried Figs And Almonds)
What you need:
- 2-3 dried figs
- 2-4 almonds
- 1 tablespoon of honey
- Firstly, take these almonds and dried figs.
- Place them in the water and leave it to soak for a few hours.
- Afterward, peel it off these almonds properly.
- Now, grind both of these dried figs and almonds to create it a fine paste.
- Thereafter, add honey to them and stir it well.
- Lastly, take this solution at night time before you go to bed to get normal bowel movement in the following day morning.
- It is recommended to regularize taking this solution as one habit in every night till you get complete relief from constipation.
Learn more: Advantages Of Almonds For Health, Skin And Hair
Date also contains a good quantity of fiber that helps to combat against constipation naturally. Particularly, it keeps your colon to get cleared by raising the quantity of the fecal matter. It also works as a laxative and thereby facilitates the bowel movements within your body. It also has many nutrients like iron, phosphorus, calcium, potassium, sulfur, manganese, magnesium and copper which help for your overall health. Here are easy steps to use dates for constipation:
- Take some dates and put them in one small bowl.
- Later, pour water till these dates have entirely soaked in water.
- Leave it to soak for entire night by covering this bowl well.
- Consume this solution by taking out of water in the next morning, and if you want you may also consume that dates soaked water.
- Alternatively, you can eat these dates (a handful) in the evening as snacks in order to cure constipation.
- You should repeat the same process to enhance constipation condition as well as to regularize it.
5. Vegetables For Constipation
General speaking, eating many vegetables particularly green leafy vegetables is also another effective way to maintain the bowel movement regularly. Plus, it has high quantity of fiber, nutrients with help for overall health as well as for better digestion. The following vegetables are really effective for easing constipation.
Artichokes help to inhibit constipation with its rich fiber content of around 6.5 grams of fiber from one artichoke. Also, it contains vitamins (C vitamin) as well as minerals (iron, potassium and magnesium) which are great for better digestion and treats digestive disorders. So, you should include this vegetable in the regular diet but stay away from taking spinach artichoke dip. Nevertheless, both of these are great fiber sources but it contains more of cheese that is one of the reasons for constipation.
Beans are also one of the greatest foods to relieve constipation with its rich fiber content of around 10 grams per cup serving. It contains both types of fiber i.e. insoluble and soluble fiber that helps the food to get digested easily as well as pass away the waste from the intestines in order to get regular bowel movements.
Here are some types of beans which you can take it frequently by adding them in soups, salads, pasta or casseroles to ease the constipation problem.
- Kidney beans provide you 8.2 grams of fiber from half cup of serving.
- Baked beans provide you 6-plus grams of fiber from half cup of serving.
- Black beans provide you 7-plus grams of fiber from half cup of serving.
- Navy beans provide you 9.5 grams of fiber from half cup of serving.
- Lima beans provide you 6-plus grams of fiber from half cup of serving.
- Pinto beans provide you 6-plus grams of fiber from half cup of serving.
- Black – eyed peas
- Soy beans provide you 6-plus grams of fiber from half cup of serving.
- Garbanzo beans
Learn more: 11 Advantages Of Soy Milk For Skin And Health
Broccoli is high in nutrients and low in calories so it is suitable to eat the broccoli in raw form because cooking can decrease the fiber content in this. If you want to cook the broccoli then you can try the roasting, steaming, baking or boiling process is very useful why because they stay away from putting extra calories and you may also toss it with a little of pepper, salt and olive oil for additional flavor. Generally, you will get about 2.6 grams of dietary fiber from one hundred grams of broccoli or one cup of raw broccoli provides around 2.4 grams of fiber per serving and one cup of boiled broccoli provides 5.1 grams of dietary fiber.
Learn more: 16 Health And Nutritional Advantages Of Broccoli
Cabbage contains high amount of fiber that helps to maintain your digestive system healthily and regularizes your bowel movement. Additionally, it has mild laxative properties with which it encourages the bowel movement by cleaning your stomach and intestines. You may get around 2.5 to 3 grams of fiber from one hundred grams of cabbage.
- 1 cup of cabbage
- First of all, take chopped cabbage and then have this prior to eating the meals.
- Alternatively, you can also take it in steamed or curry form to cure constipation.
- Or else, you can drink cabbage juice (a cup) to stimulate your bowel movement.
- Everyday intake of the cabbage for two times a day after completing your meals will absolutely give better results.
6. Seeds For Constipation
Here are several of the best seeds which are very effective in treating constipation. Daily taking of the seeds in your diet will absolutely help you with its rich fiber content and also add bulk to your stool and loosens this to easily move to come out.
A. Coriander Seeds
General speaking, coriander seeds are rich in dietary fibers which contains 41.9 grams in 100grams amount of these seeds. This fiber contains insoluble fiber and aids to increase the bulk of your stool by absorbing water that is needed for bowel movement from your digestive system and thereby eases constipation. Hence, to get rid of constipation entirely, you have to include the coriander seeds in the daily diet.
- 1 to 2 tablespoons of coriander seeds
- 1 ½ glass of water
- Pepper corns (optional)
- Strainer or sieve
- Take one saucepan and next pour water in it.
- Later add coriander seeds in this and stir it well.
- Leave it to boil for some minutes until it forms as concoction.
- After that, add peppercorns in this and now boil it for another some minutes.
- Then, turn off the heat and next strain it using a
- Allow it to cool down for some minutes till it reaches room temperature.
- Consume the coriander seeds infused water to remove constipation.
- Or else, you may also add these coriander powder or seed in the recipes while you are cooking food to inhibit constipation.
- It is recommended to balance the usage of coriander seeds in your daily diet to help you to cure constipation.
Flaxseeds are also one of the best foods to relieve constipation. Here are some methods that you have to follow them frequently to deal with constipation.
Method – 1: (Flaxseed Oil and Orange Juice)
Consuming flaxseed oil combined with orange juice will provide you the additional advantages of getting the increased fiber amount which further assists more for digestion as well as easy bowel movement and thereby prevent constipation.
- 1 tablespoon of flaxseed oil
- 1 glass of orange juice (with pulp)
- Take flaxseed oil and next add it to orange juice.
- Then, stir it well and consume this juice at any time you feel constipated.
- But ensure that you must give one time gap of at least five hours to it to begin work and also do not over consume this liquid as it can cause gastric problem.
- It is suggested to regularize the intake of the flaxseed oil combined in orange juice to get instant relief from constipation.
- Alternatively, you can combine this oil in any glass of fruit juice and consume it in the morning in order to get a proper bowel movement.
Method – 2: (Flaxseed with Yogurt)
- 2 tablespoons of flaxseeds (freshly grounded)
- 1 cup of yogurt
- Take the freshly grounded flaxseeds and next add this to yogurt.
- Then, stir it well and consume it at night time before going to sleep or in the early morning.
- Repeat this same process every day until you cleared the constipation problem.
Method – 3: (Flaxseed Powder)
- 1 tablespoon of ground flaxseed powder
- 1 glass of warm water
- First of all, take flaxseed powder and next add to warm water.
- Then, mix it well and have this as one first thing in the morning.
- Alternatively, you can also add few flaxseeds in the morning breakfast oatmeal or cereal.
- Regular intake of the flaxseeds will absolutely help you to get total relief from constipation.
Method – 4: (Flaxseed with Breakfast Cereal or Salads)
- 2 tablespoons of ground Flaxseeds
- Oatmeal – 1 bowl
- Salad mixture
- Take the freshly ground flaxseeds and next add this to one bowl of oats/ any of the breakfast cereal.
- Then, stir it well and have it in the morning time in order to easily get the food digestion as well as to have an usual bowel movement.
- Daily intake of the flaxseed mixed breakfast oats or cereal will help you to inhibit constipation.
- Or else, you can simply sprinkle the flaxseed powder in smoothies or salads or add it to pancakes.
Method – 5: (Flaxseed Tea)
What you need:
- 1 teaspoon of flaxseeds
- 1 ½ cup of water
- Honey (optional)
- Take saucepan and next pour water in it.
- Put this pan on the heat or stove.
- Later add flaxseeds in this and stir it well.
- Allow it to simmer for some minutes till the amount becomes half.
- Afterwards, turn off the heat and now add a little amount of honey in it.
- Thereafter, sip this flaxseed tea as it’s warm to boost up your bowel movement and to treat constipation as well.
- Or you also use flaxseed oil capsules as directed by your physician to ease from constipation.
- Follow this process regularly for more useful results over constipation.
Method – 6: (Flaxseed and Warm Milk)
- 1 teaspoon of ground flaxseed
- 1 cup of warm milk
- Take ground flaxseeds and next add it to warm milk.
- Then, stir it well and consume this solution at night time before you go to bed.
- This process will absolutely help you to get instant relief from constipation.
- You should continue the same process every day till you got complete relief from constipation.
Learn more: 17 health & Beauty Advantages Of Flaxseeds
7. Whole Grains
Whole grains are also considered as one of the best foods to relieve constipation. Here are several whole grains that are good at curing constipation.
A. Brown Rice
These whole grains aid to maintain your regular bowel movement and inhibit constipation totally. One cup of brown rice has 3.5 grams of fiber that in turn provides 14% of daily need of fiber that assists preventing constipation. Also, it contains anti-oxidants as well as other nutrients which are effective for better digestion.
Learn more: 13 Quick And Healthy Brown Rice Ideas
Popcorn is also another wholegrain that has low calories and high fiber content that make you include this to your diet. Thus, have it in your daily diet to treat constipation. Stay away from the popcorn that is made by adding butter or salt to it. Take this popcorn as one snack in the evening time rather than consumption of junk, fatty or oily foods and the popcorn also assists you to keep your regular bowel movement and thereby prevents constipation.
You can also have the below mentioned whole grains that are great sources of fiber helping to ease constipation.
- Whole wheat
Learn more: Health Advantages Of Quinoa
8. Oils For Constipation
General speaking, even oils may also be used to treat constipation. Olive oil and castor oil are one of the greatest oils that are used in treating constipation.
A. Castor Oil
Not surprisingly, castor oil is one of the greatest foods to relieve constipation. Castor oil heals a lot of health problems including constipation. It works as a natural stimulant laxative which helps to contract your bowel along with squeezes it that in turn assists you to pass the stool more comfortably and easily than the regular bowel movement. Hence, you can expect one comfortable bowel movement within four – seven hours of castor oil intake.
- 1 teaspoon of castor oil
- 1 glass of warm milk or water
- Take castor oil and next pour this in warm water or warm milk.
- Stir it well and drink this water or milk at night time prior to going to bed.
- Alternatively, you can also consume this oil mixed water or milk to get free flow of the bowel movement.
- So, have it whenever you are suffering from constipation to inhibit that problem.
B. Olive Oil
Looking for the best foods to relieve constipation, you should not pass olive oil. Olive oil is one natural laxative that aids to stimulate your digestive system by keeping proper functioning of colon in order to relieve constipation. This oil, if taken frequently not only helps to ease constipation but also inhibits it from recurrence.
- 1 teaspoon of olive oil
- 1 teaspoon of lemon juice
- Take one small bowl and next pour virgin olive oil and then freshly squeezed lemon juice in this.
- Mix it well and have this in the morning on an empty stomach to get complete cure from constipation.
- Alternatively, you may also take this oil only, if you may withstand its taste in order to soften the stool as well as to regulate your bowel movement.
- It is recommended to continue this process till you cured this constipation problem completely.
Learn more: 18 Health & Beauty Advantages Of Olive Oil
Nuts are also regarded as one powerhouse of fiber as well as omega – fatty acids that help a lot to get rid of constipation problem. Particularly, nuts among Brazil nuts, peanuts, almonds, pistachios, walnuts, etc. are the greatest fiber sources. 1 ounce serving of pistachios contains 2.9 grams of fiber, pecans contain 2.7 grams of fiber and almonds contain 3.3 grams. But ensure to check how many nuts you are eating why because these nuts are calorie – dense together with more intake may cause weight gain as well as other side effects in your body.
Yogurt is also one of the best foods to relieve constipation. Yogurt contains few friendly bacteria called probiotics where several of these bacteria are Lactobacillis or Bifidobacterium and sacchromyces boulardi that act as bacterial laxative and aids to softening your hard stool which lastly results in constipation. Consumption of yogurt treats constipation that is caused because of the imbalance of beneficial bacteria in your gut. You may use any kind of naturally fermented yogurt that is more effective in dealing with constipation but stay away from taking the one which contains added preservatives, artificial sugars and flavors. When you take consume the yogurt (particularly Greek yogurt) then it mixes together with the micro-organisms in your body that it turns as one bacterial laxative and regularizes your bowel movement to treat constipation.
11. Tea’s For Constipation
In general, teas are also helpful in curing constipation. The best two teas for dealing with constipation are:
A. Anise Tea
Anise is also one of the best foods to relieve constipation. Here are easy steps on how to make the anise tea.
Method – 1: (Anise Leaf)
What you need:
- 1 teaspoon dried or fresh anise leaf, or 3 teaspoons crushed anise leaf
- 1 cup of boiling water
- Take a kettle and next pour water in it.
- Then, place it on the stove or heat and now add either fresh or dried anise leaf in it.
- After that, boil it for some minutes and next turn off the heat.
- Leave it to steep for several minutes.
- Strain it and consume this anise tea to relieve constipation and to have better digestion as well.
Method – 2: (Anise Seeds)
- 1 tablespoon of anise seeds
- 2 cups of boiling water
- Mortar and pestle
- Take anise seeds and next grind or crush them using mortar and pestle.
- Then, place water in one saucepan and now boil it for some minutes.
- After that, add crushed seeds to this and simmer it for around 5 – 8 minutes.
- Now turn off the heat and consume this tea to remove constipation.
- Repeat consuming this tea every day to get complete relief from constipation.
B. Dandelion Tea
This tea is also considered as one of the top foods to relieve constipation. Especially, its leaves have mild laxative and diuretic effects which help for better digestion along with to cleanse the colon and thereby raise the bile production in your gastrointestinal tract in order to relieve you from constipation. Also, this helps to enhance healthy bacterial functioning in your gut which helps for normal bowel movement. Here are step by step directions on how to make the dandelion tea:
- Dandelion root (1 teaspoon) (dried and chopped)
- Boiling water – 8 oz
- Sieve or strainer
- First of all, take a pot and next place them on the stove or heat.
- Then, put dried, chopped dandelion root in this pot and now pour water in this.
- Stir it well and leave it to boil for around 5 – 10 minutes.
- Then, turn off the heat and now strain the tea using strainer or sieve.
- Consume this dandelion tea to remove constipation.
- Daily intake of three cups of dandelion tea will help to speed up the bowel movement or stool to get complete relief from constipation as well as to have other health advantages.
Looking for the best foods to relieve constipation, lentils are one of the top choices for you. Lentils contain high source of fiber, vitamins and minerals which makes it as one compulsory thing in the daily diet to remove constipation. Cooking or preparing lentils is an easy procedure as you must boil them in some water till it becomes soft to get expected tenderness. This is one great side dish which contains important minerals like potassium and iron that helps for your overall health. You’ll get around 15.6 grams of fiber from one cup of cooked lentils.
Learn more: The Book For Eat, Drink And Shrink Recipes
Honey is also one of the greatest foods to relieve constipation. Honey contains mild laxative effect which aids to loosen your stools and thereby increases the bowel movement. In addition, it works as a soothing agent that assists to moisten the bulk or stool to come out easily. Ensure that it’s high in calories so it is better to use them constantly. Here are the recipes on how to use honey for treating constipation.
Method – 1: (Honey and Warm Water)
- 1 tablespoon of honey
- 1 glass of warm water
- 1 teaspoon of lemon juice (Optional)
- Take organic, raw honey and next add it to warm water.
- Then, stir it well and consume this to create movement in your bowels
- Alternatively, you can also add lemon juice in the warm honey water as an extra boost up to your bowel to come out regularly and quickly.
- Or simply, you can consume honey for two times a day to get complete relief from constipation.
- You should continue the consumption of honey for two times per day i.e. once at night time and once in the morning regularly to prevent constipation.
Method – 2: (Honey with Warm Water and Apple Cider Vinegar)
- 2 teaspoons of honey
- 2 teaspoons of apple cider vinegar
- 1 glass of warm water
- Take apple cider vinegar and organic honey.
- Next add these to water and then stir it well.
- Lastly, shake it well and consume this mixture gradually to remove constipation.
- You should follow this process regularly till you get complete relief from constipation.
Method – 3: (Honey And Oatmeal)
In this method, honey healing and moisturizes your tube that your stool has to pass. Chamomile with its soothing and anti – inflammatory elements helps for better digestion together with soothes your stomach. Oatmeal provides the essential fiber for your stool formation. So, all these ingredients together help to treat constipation and also inhibit its recurrence in the future.
- 2 tablespoons of honey
- 3 tablespoons of oatmeal
- 1 cup of water
- 1 chamomile tea bag
- Take one saucepan and add honey, oatmeal and water in it.
- Then, stir it well and put this on the heat or stove.
- Boil it for some minutes until this oatmeal has cooked properly.
- After that, add one chamomile tea bag to this.
- Leave it to steep for several minutes and then consume this honey mixture to get instant relief from constipation.
- The process has to be repeated regularly to treat constipation.
To get more information related to healthy foods, go to our main Foods & Recipes page. After studying the writing of 13 natural foods to relieve constipation, hope that this article will help you know more a lot of kinds of foods for relieving constipation. The next time, as you feel uncomfortable and bloated with the constipation problem then you can take any one of these foods in order to get natural and complete relief from this problem without causing any harm to your colon as well as other body parts. If you have any question or comment, please leave them below, I will respond you as soon as possible. Also, you can share your experiences with us if you know other foods to relieve constipation.