While strawberries begin to ripen in early March, you may get these juicy red berries in late October, making summer become a perfect season with the most common berry in the world.
You can enjoy them immediately after taking them out of the carton boxes, or in the strawberry pie, strawberry jam, strawberry shortcake, and more. With 3 grams of fiber a serving and a high level of heart-protecting nutrients, your body will really enjoy the healthiest fresh strawberry recipes. In this article, VKool.com will show you 11 easy and healthy fresh strawberry recipes that you can learn them in detail and make them for your family members.
11 Healthy Fresh Strawberry Recipes – Easy Recipes To Make
1. Strawberry And Arugula Salad
The salty and sweet combination makes this salad become a crowd-pleaser. Moreover, with 2 grams of fiber and 8 grams of protein, it can keep you full with an amount of fewer calories. Like other leafy greens, arugula is very rich in antioxidants.
- Balsamic vinegar – 2 tablespoons
- Honey – 1 and 1/2 teaspoons
- Extra-virgin olive oil – 1 tablespoon
- Freshly ground black pepper – 1/2 teaspoon
- Salt – 1/4 teaspoon
- Strawberries – 1 and 1/2 cups, hulled and quartered
- Sliced red onion – 1/3 cup
- Prosciutto – 4 thin slices
- Baby arugula – 6 cups
- Goat cheese or feta – 2 ounces, crumbled
- Olive oil cooking spray
- At first, whisk balsamic vinegar, honey, olive oil, salt, and black pepper into a big serving bowl. Add red onion and berries into it and let them stand for about 15 minutes.
- Then, lightly coat a non-stick pan or seasoned cast-iron skillet with a little cooking spray and heat it on the moderately-high heat. Now, add prosciutto in a layer and cook, turning, for about 5 minutes or till crispy and golden brown. Transfer it into a plate to cool. Next, crumble and reserve it.
- After that, place the baby arugula and crumbled cheese into a large serving bowl; add the strawberries, balsamic dressing, and red onion into it and toss them gently till just coated.
- Finally, divide the salad into 4 serving plates and then top them with the cooked prosciutto evenly.
See more: Health & beauty advantages of olive oil
2. Strawberry Shortcakes
Seeking some healthy and easy fresh strawberry recipes, you should not pass the recipe below.
- Calorie-free sweetener – 1 tablespoon
- Orange juice – 1 cup
- Cornstarch – 1 tablespoon
- Vanilla or almond extract – 1/4 teaspoon
- Sliced fresh strawberries – 1 and 1/2 cups
- Sponge cake dessert shells – 6
- At first, combine sweetener and cornstarch together in a small saucepan. Stir it in the orange juice. Bring it to a boil; cook and stir it constantly for about 1 minute or till this mixture gets thickened and bubbly. Remove it from the heat and stir it in the vanilla or almond extract. Let it cool down completely.
- Then, combine this orange juice mixture with strawberries into a bowl and stir them gently. Cover and chill it for about 30 to 35 minutes.
- To serve, spoon the sauce over dessert shells.
See more: Health advantages of oranges in the body
3. Fresh Strawberry Sauce With Cheesecake
Using egg whites and low-fat cream cheese instead of butter will slash the fat in the cheesecake recipe below to less than a half of a traditional recipe.
- Sugar – 1/2 cup
- Reduced-calorie vanilla wafers – 20
- Salt, divided – 1/8 teaspoon
- Large egg whites, divided – 3
- Cooking spray
- Sugar – 1 and 1/2 cups
- Cornstarch – 3 tablespoons
- 1/3-reduced-fat cream cheese, softened – 2 blocks
- Block-style nonfat cream cheese, softened – 1/2 cup
- Vanilla extract – 1 teaspoon
- Large eggs – 4
- Fresh lemon juice – 1 teaspoon
- Sliced strawberries – 4 cups (about 1 and 1/2 pounds)
- Sugar – 2 tablespoons
- Water – 1/2 cup
- Cornstarch – 2 teaspoons
- Water – 1 tablespoon
- Fresh lemon juice – 2 teaspoons
- At first, preheat the oven to 350° F.
- To prepare cheesecake, put 1/2 cup of sugar, dash salt, and wafers into a food processor and process it until the mixture resembles sand. Put 1 egg white into a small bowl and stir it with a whisk till frothy. Add 2 tablespoons of egg white into a food chute and process it until blended (discard the remaining egg white). Press this mixture into the bottom firmly and up the sides of a springform pan, which is coated with a little cooking spray. Bake it at 350° F for about 10 minutes and let it cool down completely onto a wire rack.
- Then, reduce the oven to 300° F.
- Next, combine 1 and 1/2 cups of sugar, 3 tablespoons of cornstarch, and the remaining dash salt into a large bowl. Then, add cheeses into it and beat them with a mixer at the medium-high speed till smooth. Reduce the mixer speed to low. Now, add vanilla and 1 teaspoon of juice and beat them just till combined. Pour eggs, one at a time, beat it after each addition till incorporated. Add the remaining egg whites and beat them just till incorporated.
- Add the cheese mixture into a prepared pan. Bake it at 300° F for about 75 minutes or till a circle (3 inches) in the center of this cheesecake barely jiggles when you tap into a side of this pan. Turn the oven off. Leave cheesecake into the oven with its door open for about 30 minutes. After that, remove it from the oven and run a knife around the outside edge. Let it cool down to room temperature onto a wire rack. Now, cover and chill it for at least 8 hours. Then, garnish this cake with strawberries.
- To prepare sauce, combine 1/2 cup of water, 2 tablespoons of sugar, and sliced strawberries into a small saucepan and bring it to a boil over the medium-high heat. Reduce the heat and simmer it for about 5 minutes. Remove it from the heat. Strain this mixture into a bowl by using a sieve, pressing it lightly with a spatula, and discard the solids. Return this mixture into a pan. Combine 1 tablespoon of water and 2 teaspoons of cornstarch together into a small bowl and stir them with a whisk. Add the cornstarch mixture into this pan. Bring it to a boil and cook it for about 1 minute, stirring constantly. After that, transfer this mixture into a bowl and let it cool down to room temperature. Stir it in 2 teaspoons of juice.
- If you make the cake into a 9-inch springform pan, you have to cut the baking time for about fifteen minutes. Although the center of this cake can appear looser than expected, it becomes firmer when you chill it for overnight.
Read more: Beauty and health advantages of eating eggs
4. Tropical Fruit Parfaits
This easy and quick breakfast parfait only seems to be indulgent. Greek yogurt will promote intestinal health, build stronger bones, and even boost your immunity. You may also add low-fat granola into it for a savory crunch.Tropical fruit parfait is worth trying for people at all ages! Click To Tweet
- Plain, nonfat Greek yogurt – 1 cup
- Honey – 3 tablespoons
- Pure vanilla extract – 2 and 1/4 teaspoons
- Ripe papaya – 1 and 1/2 cups, cut it into 1/2-inch pieces
- Ripe pineapple – 1 and 1/2 cups, cut it into 1/2-inch pieces
- Strawberries – 1 and 1/2 cups, cut them into 1/2-inch pieces
- Low-fat granola – 6 tablespoons
- At first, combine the Greek yogurt, vanilla extract, and honey in a bowl.
- Then, layer the remaining ingredients into each of 6 glasses, following this order: papaya, yogurt mixture, pineapple, yogurt mixture, strawberry, yogurt mixture.
- Finally, top each glass with low-fat granola evenly.
5. Poppy Seed Fruit Salad
This is one the easy and healthy fresh strawberry recipes that I would like to show to you in this entire article!
- Orange-mango nonfat yogurt – 3 tablespoons
- Halved strawberries – 2 cups
- Poppy seed salad dressing – 3 tablespoons
- Cubed pineapple – 2 cups
- Honeydew melon balls – 1 cup
- Boston lettuce leaves – 12
- Cantaloupe balls – 1 cup
- Firstly, combine salad dressing and yogurt together in a small bowl and stir them well with a whisk.
- Then, combine strawberries, melon balls, and pineapple into a large bowl and toss them gently.
- Now, line 2 lettuce leaves into each of 6 plates and spoon 1 cup of fruit mixture on each plate.
- After that, drizzle each salad with one tablespoon of dressing.
- Finally, serve it immediately.
6. Strawberry-Mango-Ginger Smoothie
Mango has a rich source of C, B, and A vitamins and fiber. Besides, ginger may soothe achy muscles as well as calm queasy stomachs.
The recipe below is one of the easiest fresh strawberry recipes to make at home.
- Chopped peeled mango – 1 cup
- Crushed ice – 3/4 cup
- Hulled strawberries – 1 cup
- Vanilla reduced-fat yogurt – 1/2 cup
- Cold water – 1/4 cup
- Minced crystallized ginger – 2 teaspoons
- Honey – 2 teaspoons
- At first, combine all the above ingredients into a blender and purée them until well-blended.
- Finally, pour this mixture into 2 glasses and enjoy.
See more: Health advantages of fresh ginger juice
7. Vegetable and Fruit Salad Supreme
The salad recipe below is very rich in protein, fiber, antioxidants, vitamin C, and healthy fats. You can knock out a good part of the daily nutrient needs in a meal!
- Asparagus spears – 1/2 pound, cut them into bite-size pieces
- Thinly sliced carrot – 2 cups
- mixed salad greens – 8 cups
- Sliced strawberries – 2 cups
- Light balsamic vinaigrette – 1/2 cup
- Goat or feta cheese – 1 cup, crumbled
- Pecan halves, toasted – 1/2 cup
- Firstly, fill a large saucepan with clean water and bring it to a boil.
- Then, prepare a medium bowl of ice water. Pour carrot and asparagus into the boiling water.
- Now, take them out after 2 minutes or till the color have brightened and then drain and plunge them into the ice water.
- Next, drain and pat them dry.
- After that, combine salad greens, vegetables, and strawberries well.
- Then, add the dressing into it and toss them well before serving.
- Finally, top it with cheese and pecans.
8. Merlot Strawberries And Whipped Cream
Another recipe in the list of the easy and healthy fresh strawberry recipes that I want to reveal in this article today so that you can learn and try doing it is merlot strawberries and whipped cream dish.
- Merlot – 1/2 cup
- Fresh lemon juice – 2 tablespoons
- Honey – 2 tablespoons
- Vanilla extract – 1/4 teaspoon
- Sliced strawberries – 3 cups
- Whipped cream – 1 cup
- At first, add merlot, honey, and lemon juice into a saucepan and bring it to a boil over the high heat.
- Then, remove this pan from the heat and stir them in vanilla.
- Now, drizzle over sliced berries.
- Finally, top this dish with whipped cream.
See more: Book for eat, drink and shrink recipes
9. Grand Marnier Meringue Torte
This is also one of the easiest fresh strawberry recipes that I want like to introduce in this article and you should learn to make it at home.
- Clear vanilla extract – 2 teaspoons
- Cream of tartar – 1/2 teaspoon
- Salt – 1/8 teaspoon
- Large egg whites – 6
- Superfine sugar – 3/4 cup
- Frozen extra creamy whipped topping – 3 cups, thawed
- Finely grated orange rind – 1 and 1/2 teaspoons
- Halved strawberries – 1/2 cup
- Grated semisweet chocolate – 2 tablespoons, divided
- Blueberries – 1/2 cup
- Grand Marnier – 2 tablespoons (orange-flavored liqueur)
- Blackberries – 1/2 cup
- Fresh mint sprigs (optional)
- Raspberries – 1/2 cup
- Orange rind strips (optional)
- At first, preheat the oven to 200° F.
- To prepare the meringues, add a parchment paper into a baking sheet. Draw 3 (8 inches) on the paper. Turn this paper over and secure it with a masking tape.
- Next, add vanilla extract, cream of tartar, salt, and egg whites into a large bowl and mix them with a mixer at the high speed till foamy. Gradually add sugar, one tablespoon at a time, beat them well. Divide this egg mixture into 3 drawn circles onto the baking sheet. Spread this mixture onto circles by using the back of one spoon. Bake them at 200° F for about 2 hours or till dry. Turn this oven off and let these meringues cool down in the closed oven for at least 1 hour. Finally, carefully remove them from the paper.
- To prepare filling, mix whipped topping, liqueur, and rind. Place 1 meringue onto a serving platter and top it with 1 cup of this whipped topping mixture along with 2 teaspoons of chocolate. Repeat this process with other meringues. Combine berries and arrange them over the torte. Garnish them with rind strips and mint, if desired.
Fresh fruit can make this refreshing summer sip sweeter naturally, meaning you may cut back on the high-calorie liqueur into the traditional recipes. Resveratrol, a famed antioxidant found in the grape skins, will not only boost your metabolism but also whittle your waistline.
- Fresh strawberries, sliced – 1/2 pound
- Peach, thinly sliced – 1
- Orange, thinly sliced – 1
- Lemon, thinly sliced – 1
- Red wine – 2 cups
- Cherry liqueur – 1 ounce
- Club soda – 1 cup
- At first, chill a large glass pitcher and then add strawberries, peach, orange, and lemon into it.
- Next, add red wine and liqueur into it and stir them well.
- Now, cover and refrigerate it for about 12 hours.
- After that, remove it from the refrigerator and add club soda into it and stir them.
- Then, pour it into 4 glasses halfway with some ice cubes and add sangria into it.
- Finally, garnish it with a strawberry, lime wedge, and a mint leaf.
11. Dark Chocolate And Strawberries
- Dark chocolate (60% – 70%) – 4 ounces, finely chopped
- Lightly salted roasted pistachios – 1/2 cup, finely chopped
- Large strawberries – 1/2 cup, preferably long-stemmed
- Firstly, line a medium baking sheet with a foil. Then, add chocolate into a heatproof bowl and place it over a large pan of simmering water. (Don’t allow bowl to touch the water.)
- Next, cook and stir it occasionally until chocolate has melted.
- Now, carefully remove this bowl and allow chocolate to cool for about 5 minutes.
- Then, place pistachios into a small bowl.
- Meanwhile, hold the stem of a strawberry and dip two-thirds of this fruit into chocolate. Then, dip it into pistachios immediately. Set these strawberries onto the prepared baking sheet.
- Finally, refrigerate them for about 10 minutes until chocolate becomes firm.
To get more information related to healthy foods, go to our main Foods & Recipes page. After studying the writing of 11 healthy fresh strawberry recipes – easy recipes to make at home, hope that this article will help you learn more several easy and effective recipes to make a delicious fresh strawberry recipe. If you have any question or comment, please leave them below, I will respond you as soon as possible. Do you have any healthy & easy fresh strawberry recipes with you? Please, share with us right below.