Whenever talking about a cold, besides using medicine, people tend to make use of natural home remedies to treat it. As you know, it would be a big pity if we do not mention the great health benefits of garlic for cold. For many people, they prefer using garlic to treat colds than taking in medicines. It is because of the powerful function of garlic to our health.
As you know, it is easy for us to get a common cold, which has some main symptoms caused by viral infection such as sneezing, runny nose, sore throat, coughing, and low level of inflammation as well. If you are in the same situation, you should think about garlic immediately, as said before. Why is that? Instead of using commercial cold medicines, it is better, more effective, and safer if you try with garlic that is an available kitchen staple. Actually, garlic is among the most widely used home remedies for common cold treating, thus, you are supposed to make use of this ingredient as well.
If you do not know how to use garlic for cold, you are highly recommended reading this article that VKool provides you because it will provide you various ways to treat a cold with garlic. Let’s see how garlic can solve your health problem.
9 Ways To Use Garlic For Cold – Great Natural Home Remedy
Before discussing 9 recipes to use garlic for cold, you are supposed to understand why garlic is good for the common cold treating. It might surprise you a lot. Actually, garlic has a naturally anti-bacterial property, which mainly contributes to combating against the germs causing a common cold. In fact, it is proved that Allicin contained in garlic has the ability to kill the cold virus. Of course, many people may not know these facts but after reading our topic, all of you will accept that garlic is a great ingredient from our fresh nature.
It does not stop at that point, garlic itself is also well known for its own powerful antiseptic properties that can boost your immune system. Thanks to that benefit, it contributes to preventing your body from being attacked by the cold virus. Besides, the oil included in garlic is also categorized as a natural expectorant, which has the capacity of breaking up mucus in order to clear congestion. Moreover, this home remedy is a high source of vitamin C, selenium, sulfur, many types of enzymes, as well as required minerals that people who suffer from colds need to speed up the recovery.
Last but not least, the reason that we recommend you using garlic for cold is because this home remedy also has the antiviral, antimicrobial, and antibiotic properties. As you know, they are all essential to combat a common cold, in general. Therefore, garlic for cold is the topic that people always talk about.
Read more: List of 19 Healthy Carrot Recipes
1. Garlic For Cold – Raw Garlic
The first way to use garlic for cold is eating the raw garlic. It is easy to carry out this method but for some people, it is not a good suggestion because they cannot stay with the taste and smell of fresh garlic, actually. Many doctors said that consuming raw garlic is the best way to treat the common cold because it remains what are the best nutrients and health functions of garlic. If you do not have any problem with the bitterness of raw garlic, you should try the raw garlic for cold as the following direction.
- Take a garlic clove and crush it
- Suck on it for 15 minutes
- Every 4 hours, consume 1-2 raw garlic cloves
- Take 2 garlic cloves and mince them
- Stir into a cup of fresh water
- Enjoy it every day to get rid of common cold
Read more: Natural Home Remedies For Gastroparesis
2. Garlic With Honey Paste
Have you ever tried garlic combined with honey in advance? Actually, it is a perfect combination of garlic for cold because as you know, honey is also another great ingredient for treating cold and flu as well. Like garlic, honey also contains strong antibacterial, antifungal, and antiviral property, which largely contribute to fighting against colds. In fact, people often use this home remedy to treat common cold and flu and it always brings a great impact on their recovery process. As a result, you can believe that the combination of garlic and honey will help you effectively deal with a cold. Here are two recommended directions for you to try. Please spend a little effort and time to do it.
- Garlic: 7 cloves
- Raw honey: 1 tablespoon
- Take 7 garlic cloves and then mince them
- Combine with raw honey
- Consume 1 teaspoon of the solution whenever you have cold symptoms
- Garlic: a few cloves
- Raw honey: a sufficient amount
- Peel and add garlic cloves to a jar
- Pour raw honey and leave it for a few days
- Put it in your fridge and you can store for one year
- Consume 6 cloves along with a tablespoon of honey on a daily basis to get rid of common cold
- Note: you can utilize this remedy for a year if you keep it in the fridge. The effectiveness will not change.
3. Tomato And Garlic For Cold
Tomato is another good combination with garlic for cold. It seems to be quite a strange treatment because it is a type of dishes, not a treatment for cold and flu. Like garlic, tomato is the ingredients that are often available in your kitchen and it is also has a lot of health benefits. In fact, this combination works well for you if you have some cold symptoms. This time, we would like to introduce you one recipe to use garlic for cold with the support from tomatoes, celery, and onion as well. In our opinion, you should write down this recipe in your own handbook and make use of it if necessary.
- Garlic: 3 cloves
- Onion: half of it
- Celery stalk: 1
- Tomatoes: 2
- Dried basil: 1 teaspoon
- Chop all the ingredients you have prepared before
- Blend them with dried basil until smooth and drink
- Add minced garlic as well as cider apple vinegar to the mixture
- Take one tablespoon of this solution as a dressing
- Use it every day to have the best result
Learn more: Best Liver Cleansing Diet Tips
Learn more: Natural Treatments To Get Rid Of Bed Bugs Bites
4. Garlic For Cold – Garlic Tea
Everyone may know green tea, black tea, white tea, chamomile tea, even oolong tea, and so on but I am sure that not many of you have ever heard about garlic tea. Are you interested in this healthy tea? As you know, herbal teas are always good for our health Condition & Diseases. However, it is hard and complicated to make it at home. In term of treating cold, these types of tea are also not a good solution for you. Instead, we would like to provide you another type of tea from garlic that is very useful to treat a common cold. Garlic tea is known as a high source of antioxidants and vitamin C as well. It is also another tip on how to use garlic for cold, in general. Now is the time for you to make a new tea from garlic at home and turn it into your great home remedy.
- Garlic: 2 cloves
- Ginger root: 1 teaspoon
- Raw honey: 1 teaspoon
- Mince the garlic and ginger root
- Take a cup of fresh water and boil it up
- Stir in ginger and garlic
- Simmer for about 5 minutes
- Turn off the heat and the let steep in around 10 minutes
- Strain the tea and add honey to it
- Enjoy your tea and gain the best result
- Garlic: 3 cloves
- Honey: half a cup
- Raw lemon juice: half a cup
- Boil 3 cups of water with 3 garlic cloves in a small pot for some minutes
- Combine it with honey, raw lemon juice
- Strain the tea and consume half a cup of warm tea
- Drink it 3 times per day to deal with common cold
Read more: Top 20 Home Remedies For Malaria Fever
Garlic tea can fight against common cold.
5. Cook With Garlic
Cooking with garlic is an easy way to add garlic to your daily diet, which is necessary to treat and prevent yourself from the cold virus. In fact, people who often eat garlic tend to have a better immune system than those who do not. This is because garlic has the ability to strengthen your immune system, as mentioned above. Other health facts about garlic also demonstrate the same result. Hence, you are highly recommended adding garlic to your meals, especially when you feel sick or get the flu. As you know, raw garlic can supply the highest concentration of vitamins, minerals, and healthy properties. Therefore, you are suggested to put minced garlic, in your foods. After you peel and crush the raw garlic cloves, you should leave them for around 15 minutes so that the allicin in garlic will be activated by the enzymatic activities, which contributes to fighting against the cold virus. In turn, it helps you get rid of common cold and flu as well.
Learn more: Best And Natural Anti-Allergy Foods
Recommended article: Eat, Drink And Shrink Recipes Book Review
6. Garlic For Cold – Garlic Soup
Besides those methods, you can apply another recipe to turn garlic into a delicious soup that contributes to speeding up the recovery of the common cold patient. Well, it seems to be a very tasty soup made from chicken, garlic, and vegetables as well. If there is someone in your family get a cold, you are suggested to cook this soup for him/her because it will be a type of remedy to treat a cold, as I said. Actually, garlic soup recipe is another interesting treatment, a new way of supporting its patients. Of all the methods that we offer to you, this is my most favorite one. Therefore, I recommend you using it. Otherwise, you can cook it for your family to try. It is the time for you to go to your kitchen and do it yourself. Here is the process.
- Chicken or vegetable broth: 8 cups
- Olive oil: half a teaspoon
- Garlic: 1 whole head
- Bay leaf: 1
- Dried thyme: 1.5 teaspoons
- Dried sage: a pinch
- Boil up 8 cups of broth in a large pot
- Stir in all the ingredients
- Simmer the mixture for 30 minutes
- Turn off the heat and then strain the mixture
- Add some salt for taste
- Consume three times per day
Is it such simple? You are recommended preparing this soup for those who are suffering from a common cold. In fact, many people follow this recipe and they try to make it more delicious with other ingredients but remain the health benefits of garlic for cold. If you are keen on cooking, you should try this method.
Learn more: List Of 15 Healthy Squash Recipes
We have recommended you 9 ways to using garlic for cold. It is very useful and natural to follow some of them to treat cold and flu. This health condition is not so serious but people should pay attention to it and try to prevent it from occurring.Although we know that it is a big pity that we cannot provide you all the tips on how to use garlic for cold, we believe that with these available methods, you can combat against cold and flu to maintain a healthy body. In general, we hope that our topic, this time, is good enough for you to apply in your situation. If you want to know more about Health information, treatments, and so on, you are welcomed to visit our main page. Besides reading our articles, you can drop your comments and ideas to let us know what you are concerned about and how effective the information we bring to you is. You can share with your friends about our topics and other things.
Want More Content Like This In Your Inbox?
- 12 Side effects of soda consumption on health & body are revealed
- 27 Home Remedies For Calluses On Feet And On Hands
- 14 Common Signs And Symptoms Of Heat Stroke
- How to look confident, relaxed and beautiful – top 17 tips revealed!
- 12 Ways on how to treat goiter naturally at home
- How to stop stuttering while talking in front of the crowd
- 19 Tips On How To Treat Achilles Tendonitis Naturally At Home
- Urinate now review – is the method to treat shy bladder of Jake Rubin effective?