Ear infection is a possible-to-occur condition in both children and adults but children are easier to be affected. This condition is caused by virus or bacteria in the middle ears, or other contributing factors like wax buildup, environmental allergies, food allergies, upper respiratory infections, internal injuries, genetics, fetal alcohol syndrome, and nutritional deficiency. Ear infection is often presented through tugging at the ear, some pain in the ear, fluid draining from the ears, headaches, high fever, diarrhea, vomiting, difficulty sleeping, and poor response to sounds.
Among various treatments for this condition, people often choose garlic for ear infection instead of antibiotics because of its natural health benefits, which makes it popularly used for a long time. With antiviral, anti-oxidizing, and antibacterial properties, garlic helps treat the infectious action on the ear as well as reduce the ear pain and swelling. Besides, its allicin and anti-microbial property, garlic acts against the pain and infection in the inner ear.
It is time now for VKool.com to show you 12 tips & ways on how to use garlic for ear infection in adults effectively. All of the suggested recipes with garlic and other essential ingredients are natural and effective for this terrible condition in the ears indeed. For those who are suffering from the pain and infection in the ears, just spend a few minutes reading our article to have more experience!
12 Tips On How To Use Garlic For Ear Infection In Adults
1. Garlic Only
As mentioned above, people often use garlic for ear infection because of its natural essential properties. In fact, it has powerful aromatic compounds with anti-inflammatory and antiseptic properties that are very helpful for treating this terrible condition. In fact, it is not difficult to use this herb for ear infection and using only garlic is known as the simplest way to deal with this condition:
- Peel some fresh garlic cloves, crush, and wrap them in a small cloth
- Place the crushed garlic in your ear then keep it for about 30 minutes
- Move the cloth so as to relieve the ears from pain.
Learn more: Health benefits of garlic to the human body
2. Garlic Juice For Ear Infection
Extracting the juice of garlic is another way to use garlic for ear infection. This is also a very simple method to apply with the only ingredient, garlic indeed.
- Peel some garlic cloves and mash them well
- Place them on a cloth and dab it on the infected ear.
See more: How to grow garlic from a clove
3. Garlic And Salt
When mentioning to infection treatment, salt may be highly recommended because of its antibacterial and antiviral properties. Not only can salt be individually used but it is also combined with garlic for ear infection treatment as follows:
- Boil 3 to 5 garlic cloves for 5 to 7 minutes then remove them from the heat
- Crush these garlic cloves with salt
- Place the crushed mixture in a cloth then place it against infected area for a few minutes
- Continuously repeat the process.
Note: to get the best relief from ear infection, you should use course sea salt that is known as a great product to treat ear pain as well as ear infection. It is because salt retains heat and makes a shift in pressure thereby relieving the inner ear from pressure caused by fluid accumulation when placed against the infected area.
Read more: Home Remedies For Hearing Loss And Deafness
4. Garlic And Gauze/ Cheesecloth
This is another way to use garlic for ear infection treatment, which is applied through a gauze or cheese cloth as follows:
- Peel some garlic cloves and remove the tip
- Wrap these garlic cloves in a piece of cheesecloth or gauze
- Place it into the affected ear while the cut end is kept facing into the ear (leave enough gauze to take out the garlic)
- Place a warm washcloth or rice bag over the ear
Note: This method should not be applied for ear infection in children and warm garlic should be used get better relief.
5. Garlic Oil For Ear Infection
Garlic oil is also used as a way of using garlic for ear infection.
Pouring this oil into the ears is easier than the application of crushed garlic onto the affected area as above. Here is the detail:
- Stir a few drops of each mullein oil and garlic oil then pour the mixture in the affected ear with an ear dropper.
- Keep the position for sometimes and repeat regularly.
6. Warm Garlic Oil For Ear Infection Treatment
Warm garlic oil is another form of using garlic for ear infection as well. The process is also easy as follows:
- Stir a bowl of garlic oil with a bowl of hot water and heat the solution for a few minutes
- Pull the ear back and up while dropping few drops in the affected ear
- Keep your ears for 5 to 10 minutes then cover them with small cotton balls.
- Apply this method daily.
7. Garlic Oil Capsules
If you find it difficult to prepare garlic oil, you can use garlic oil capsules as another form of garlic for ear infection to treat this terrible condition indeed.
- Puncture a garlic oil capsule and pour its contents into the affected ears (remember to tilting your head to prevent water from coming out
- Cover your ear with a cotton ball and leave for 10 to15 minutes
- Repeat the method daily.
8. Garlic And Mustard Oil
This method is another way to use garlic for ear infection in combination with mustard oil as follows:
- Heat 2 to 4 garlic cloves in a teaspoon of sesame oil or mustard oil for a few minutes
- Apply the oil around or in the infected ear.
- Repeat this method daily.
9. Garlic And St. Johnswort Oil
St. Johnswort oil is known as a herb’s oil that is softly sweet, earthy, and helpful for balancing and comforting the skin, muscle, and circulatory channels. This herb oil is also combined with garlic for ear infection treatment as follows:
- Make a mixture of half Johnswort oil, half garlic, a little of mullein oil, and a few drops of grapefruit seed extract.
- Use an ear dropper to drop the mixture into your affected ear.
- Repeat twice a day.
Learn more: How to treat ear infection at home naturally
10. Olive Oil And Garlic For Ear Infection
Besides mustard oil and Johnswort oil, olive oil can be combined with garlic for ear infection treatment. In fact, olive oil is versatile in cuisine and beauty recipes because of its natural health properties and in this case, it combines with garlic to soften the wax and relieve the pain and infection in the ears.
In this combination, olive oil plays a role as base oil because it is safe to use for the sensitive skin particularly for the middle ear. In addition, it is easily absorbed through the skin- thereby lubricating and soothing the inflammation. Both of garlic and olive oil contain antioxidants and antimicrobial properties that help cure ear infections fast, so this combination is so ideal for this condition.
There are few recipes to combine olive with garlic for ear infection that you can choose from as follows:
- Peel and crush 3 raw garlic cloves then add 2 to 3 tablespoons of olive oil
- Let the mixture steep so that the garlic juice completely dissolves (in which garlic’s allicin is released)
- Drop a few drops of the final solution into the affected ear through an ear dropper
- Keep your ears for a few minutes then place a cotton ball in your ear leaving it overnight
- In the next morning, use hydrogen peroxide to cleanse your ear and continue putting the cotton in your ear.
Note: This recipe can be applied to both adults and children. You should use warm olive oil to get better relief.
- Peel and mince a few garlic cloves then put them in a clean glass container
- Pour olive oil into and keep it for 30 to 60 minutes for the healing allicin to release
- Strain the garlic from the oil then place these garlic pieces in a teaspoon
- Place the spoon above the mug containing hot water to warm it up gently
- Lie down keeping infected ear up and drop this warm oil into your ear then cover a cotton ball over
- Warm up a small rice bag/ a sock containing rice through a microwave for a few minutes.
- Add the warm rice bag/ sock containing rice then cover it with a towel.
- Add some olive oil to a pot and boil it
- Add some peeled and crushed garlic cloves to the pot and keep it for 3 minutes for the garlic juice to blend well with olive oil (don’t heat too much to prevent from destroying the active components)
- Remove the pot from heat and leave the oil to cool to the room temperature
- Use a cheesecloth to strain the pieces of garlic, preserve the oil, and store it in the refrigerator
- Use this mixed oil of olive oil and garlic for ear infection for 3 weeks since preparation.
11. Garlic, Olive Oil, And Calendula Petals For Ear Infection
Now is the addition of calendula petals to the mixture of olive oil and garlic for ear infection treatment. Calendula petals, in fact, have relieving properties to ease the pain and infection as well.
- Take an oven dish then place 1/2 oz of crushed garlic cloves with 1/2 ounce of calendula petals into and cover it with olive oil stirring well.
- Heat them in the oven to 200 degrees for a few minutes then turn it off but still let it stay in the oven for 8 hours
- Strain the oil, store it in a jar, and keep it in the refrigerator
- Drop 3 to 5 drops of this oil into the infected ear to get relief.
- Repeat regularly.
Read more: Natural home remedies for clogged ears
12. Some More Tips For Ear Infection Treatment
Besides taking various recipes of garlic for ear infection, it is necessary to pay attention to some points to get safe and quick relief from the ear infection as follows:
- Don’t use any liquids for your ears if you are suspecting of a broken eardrum
- Always use fresh garlic instead of dried or bottled ones because it contains the most potent compounds.
- The consequence of garlic for ear infection treatment depends on the severity of the condition.
- For those who are taking blood thinning medication, the application of garlic should be limited because it is a natural blood thinner in fact.
- Always keep your ears clean to prevent the risks of ear infection.
Recommended article: how to use garlic for sinus infection
After reading the article on 12 tips & ways on how to use garlic for ear infection in adults in our main Health page, hope that you can know how to treat the pain and infection in the ears effectively with garlic and other natural ingredients. Please let us know if you have any question by leaving them below and share with us other ways of using garlic for ear infection if you really get.
Want More Content Like This In Your Inbox?
- How to prevent multiple sclerosis from happening – 7 natural tips
- 29 Ways on how to get rid of dry hair naturally & fast
- Top 11 Health Benefits Of Bulgur Wheat And Some Yummy Recipes
- Nikola tesla secret review – discover Ben’s power generation system
- 10 natural home remedies for water retention, causes and cures
- Qualities of a good man to marry – 9 necessary qualities
- 8 Best makeup for oily skin with acne 2015
- 25 natural home remedies for red eyes from allergies