Asthma is a problem related to your lungs or a chronic respiratory, making you difficult to breathe. In general, when you breathe, the air going from your mouth or nose moves to your windpipe and then reaches your lungs through bronchi. And if the airway tubes tend to be narrow and become inflamed because of the excess mucous buildup, you may have asthma. People suffering from asthma can experience some common symptoms such as chest tightness, shortness of breath, coughing, and wheezing. You cannot find out any treatment for asthma. However, you may control its symptoms to reduce the chance of getting asthma attacks.
In fact, in the market, you can opt for several alternate options which are available to help you relieve the signs of asthma. Nevertheless, these options often go with harmful side effects. Hence, it is necessary for you to seek some safe, effective, and natural treatments for asthma.
8 Natural Ways On How To Use Ginger For Asthma Attack
Today, I will show you a natural herb that can help you to control asthma well. It is ginger. Ginger is very beneficial in treating several health diseases. You may not only add this herb to drinks or foods for flavor but also use it to treat respiratory conditions such as flu, cold, cough as well as asthma. You can include ginger in raw, fresh, and dry forms to get relief from the symptoms of asthma. Now, VKool will provide you with a valuable source of information about top 8 natural tips to use ginger for asthma without any side effect. This writing shows you how ginger can help to control asthma and lists the best effective ways that use it combined with other natural ingredients to get rid of asthma effectively from reliable sources. However, this is only for the informational purpose. You’d better not apply without the doctor’s instruction. Keep reading this writing to find the one which is right for you!
1. Ginger Tea
The anti-oxidant property content in ginger may help you in removing the harmful chemicals produced by your body as well as relieving psychological stress causing asthma. Besides, ginger can restrict the contraction of your airways and then normalize them to breathe properly. Try applying this homemade effective ginger for asthma treatment to remove the chest inflammation.
- 1 small piece of ginger
- 1 cup of water
- At first, you just put the ginger into the water and then boil well.
- After the water boil, you take it out of the heat and allow it to steep for about 5 minutes.
- Wait for a few minutes until it is warm and drink this ginger tea for 2 times daily.
Ginger contains a high source of components such as zingerones, shogaols, and gingerols, all of which work as the analgesic and anti-inflammatory properties. Plus, ginger provides you with a therapeutic application to help you treat allergic asthma. In addition, it also aids in reducing the swelling and inflammation in your respiratory passages.
- You simply rinse a ginger piece and then grate to get the ginger juice or cut it into small pieces.
- Next, you a little salt in ginger and consume on a regular basis to get a significant improvement.
- Besides, you may include ginger in your soups, gravies, salads, bread, etc. or consume some ginger candies.
3. Ginger, Lemon, And Honey
The combination of ginger, lemon, and honey is another tip on how to use ginger for asthma. This solution will improve your body’s blood circulation, which means that it will help you circulate oxygen throughout the body in a better way. This is really a perfect solution to open the blocked airways that are caused due to asthma.
- 4 or 5 raw ginger pieces
- 1 teaspoon of lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon of organic honey
- 1 cup of water
- You firstly wash the ginger pieces cleanly and then grate them.
- Next, you add put water and the grated ginger into a saucepan and boil them for 5 to 8 minutes.
- After that, you take it out of the heat and steep it for another 5 minutes.
- Now, you use a metal strainer to strain the liquid.
- Wait for a few minutes until it warms and combine it with the honey and lemon juice.
- You stir them well and drink once per day to remove the chest congestion.
4. Ginger, Fenugreek Seeds, And Honey
Another reason to use ginger for asthma is because of its ability to inhibit the enzyme causing the constriction of airway muscles as well as to activate an enzyme relaxing the airways.
- 1 tablespoon of ginger juice
- 2 tablespoons of fenugreek seeds
- 1 tablespoon of honey
- The first thing you have to do is to soak the fenugreek seeds in clean water for overnight.
- In the next morning, you strain out the water and let these seeds dry.
- Now, you combine the ginger juice well with the fenugreek seeds and honey.
- Remember to drink this mixture 2 times per day to clean your lungs as well as to relieve asthma and its symptoms.
5. Ginger, Honey, And Pomegranate
Pomegranate is very rich in vitamin C and anti-inflammatory properties. When you combine ginger with pomegranate, you will have an amazingly beneficial solution to get relief from the signs of asthma.
- 1 teaspoon of ginger juice
- 1 teaspoon of pomegranate juice
- 1 teaspoon of honey
- You just put all these ingredients in a cup and mix well.
- Now, you consume this mixture 2 times daily and you will a better result in the nearest time.
6. Ginger And Walnuts
This process is a combination of ginger root and walnuts. Ginger aids in removing excessive phlegm from your lungs and clearing your breathing airway to prevent a cough. Additionally, it contains oleoresins clearing the excess mucus in your lungs and windpipe, hence combating infection. Moreover, this herb gets rid of phlegm causing itchiness in your throat. This, in turn, helps airways get relaxed and provides your chest with a cooling sensation.
- 3 walnuts
- 3 freshly chopped ginger slices
- Enough warm water
- At first, you peel the walnuts and grind them with ginger slices.
- Next, you put the grinded mixture in the warm water and steep for 5 to 10 minutes.
- You drink this tea every day before the bedtime.
Read more: Benefits of walnuts for health and skin
7. Ginger, Lemon Juice, And Licorice Root Tea
Besides using ginger for asthma, you can use licorice root tea and lemon juice to assist in treating asthma. Lemon will reduce the inflammation because its juice is rich in vitamin C. Hence, you can use ginger combined with licorice root tea and lemon juice to get the better result.
- 1 teaspoon of licorice tea
- 1 teaspoon of ginger powder
- ½ teaspoon of lemon juice
- You put the licorice tea and ginger powder in a saucepan and then boil this mixture for 5 to 10 minutes.
- After the mixture boils, you remove it from the heat and steep it for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Next, you add the lemon juice in this boiled mixture and consume this tea 2 times per day.
- This is a simple natural asthma remedy and quite effective in cleaning your airways and easing the inflammation.
8. Ginger, Garlic Tea, Cinnamon, And Lemongrass
Lemongrass is known as the most powerful ingredient for curing respiratory conditions including bronchial asthma. While cinnamon can provide you with many medicinal properties for curing chest congestion, cough, shortness of breath, and sinus irritation. Plus, garlic is famous for being one of the natural ingredients which are commonly used to treat asthma.
Therefore, if you are finding out some ways to use ginger for asthma, the combination of ginger with garlic, cinnamon, and lemongrass is the perfect choice for you.
- 2 teaspoons of dried lemongrass
- ½ teaspoon of grated ginger
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 small cinnamon stick
- 2 cups of water
- 1 teaspoon of honey
- ½ teaspoons of lemon juice
- A little water
- You add the water with the grated ginger, the dried lemongrass, garlic cloves, and cinnamon stick in a saucepan.
- Then you allow it to boil for about 7 to 10 minutes.
- After that, you remove the saucepan from the heat and steep this mixture for about 5 minutes.
- Next, you strain this solution by using the metal strainer.
- Now, you transfer it into a cup and add in it with the honey and lemon juice.
- You stir them well and consume tea every day or for 3 or 4 times weekly.
Besides the homemade ginger for asthma treatments, there are tips that you should or should not follow to remove asthma:
- Remember to make a few changes in your daily routine.
- Avoid consuming fats and proteins such as sugar and yogurt creating phlegm.
- Including more foods such as fresh fruits, green vegetables, grains, and sprouted seeds is very important.
- Limit the intake of alcohol and coffee and avoid smoking.
- You may pour some ginger oil drops in nebulizer containing distilled water and then inhale it to eliminate mucus along with other agents causing the blockage in your windpipe.
- Always wash ginger well because it generally grows under the ground.
- If you take ginger in any form too much, it can lead to some side effects such as belching, heartburn, nausea, insomnia, and acidity.
- Women during pregnancy or are breastfeeding and children should consult a doctor to get the proper dosage.
- You'd better consult your doctor if you want to take some ginger supplements.
Related article: 12 natural home remedies for asthma attacks in adults
To get more information about various health conditions, go to visit our main Health page. After reading the writing of 8 natural tips on how to use ginger for asthma attack, hope that you can learn more some simple and easy ways to use this herb to control asthma. All these remedies are natural, effective, and safe for controlling asthma. But you do not forget to try these remedies only after you carry out a small test, check your reaction. If you have any question, please freely ask them below, I will answer you soon. Also, if you know other tips on how to use ginger for asthma attack, please share them with us.