Nothing can make you down for the entire day or several coming days like constipation can do. This problem will make you feel bad with the discomfort that goes in your stomach and cannot concentrate on anything such as working, reading, eating, etc.
Constipation is the difficulty in having your bowel movement because the stools become drier, harder and makes it more difficult in passing. People prefer to use natural home treatments rather than the laxatives and medications, for long lasting results.
When it comes to using ginger for constipation treatment, it is a great remedy that can help to ease some digestive problems. Ginger works as a flavoring agent as well as is used to treat many digestive problems including constipation and other sickness such as motion, attitude, nausea, morning, etc.
You may use this spice in many forms such as fresh, raw, cooked, dried, candied, powdered, pickled, ground, and crystallized. However, ginger tea will be more useful than any other ginger forms or its supplements for curing constipation as well as other digestive problems. Nevertheless, make sure that you use fresh ginger root that comes first and best to treat many problems including constipation.
In this article, VKool.com will show you 13 useful ways on how to use fresh ginger for constipation without any side effect. This article listed the best methods that use ginger along with some other natural ingredients to treat constipation effectively at home from reliable sources. However, it is not intended to give medical advice and it is solely for the informational purpose. Keep reading this article to learn these useful methods on how to use fresh ginger for constipation.
Top 13 Useful Ways On How To Use Fresh Ginger For Constipation
Can Ginger Help To Treat Constipation?
Till you know the properties of ginger, you feel that is ginger very good for constipation relief or does it cause this problem. So, here are some ginger properties that regulate your bowel movements and can make you free from this disorder.
- Ginger tea contains a natural laxative property that can help to promote your bowel movement and thus, treat constipation.
- It works as a mild appetite stimulant that aids in strengthening your stomach and promoting the digestion process and thereby, relieving constipation effectively.
- For 100 grams of fresh ginger, it contains about 14.1 gms of dietary fiber that is very necessary for treating the constipation problem by promoting a proper digestion. This soluble fiber is easily dissolved in water and then turns into a gel during your digestion process, resulting in making your stools softer. This process will promote the easy passage of your stools through your colon.
- It has some chemicals that can help to stimulate your digestive system by raising the wavelike contractions known as peristalsis. This helps to move the food through your intestines.
- It is a great carminative that can aid in promoting the removal of intestinal wind and thus clears out the constipation problem and other digestive disorders.
- It works as an intestinal spasmolytic that can help to relax and soothe your intestinal tract, which will aid in the proper digestion as well as the effective working of your digestive system. In addition, this can also help to regulate your bowel movement and prevent constipation.
- It is a good warming herb that assists your body in generating more heat and thus speeds up the digestive process and thereby relieves this disorder.
- It can also help in restoring the order of your confused system and it contains plenty of B vitamins along with other nutrients that aid in promoting the digestion of food as well as the formation of stool to regulate the bowel movement.
If you do not know how to use ginger for constipation treatment, you stop worrying and follow some best ways mentioned below. The only thing you must do is to try them frequently without any interruption.
Here are some easy directions on how to use fresh ginger for constipation:
- Fresh ginger root
- Firstly, you take a fresh ginger root and rinse it off properly with clean water.
- Then, you cut this into small pieces and chew these ginger pieces slowly to get a proper digestion and thus to get rid of this disorder.
- Regular consumption of small ginger pieces will definitely aid you in clearing out this constipation problem.
- Or, you may include fresh ginger or dry ginger in your daily diet in order to treat this problem.
- Or, you may also take ginger in some forms such as tea, tinctures, ale, pills, candies, snaps, lozenges, etc.
- Or, you may take ginger juice (1/2 teaspoon) for twice per day to reduce this disorder and its symptoms.
Learn more: Best tips to use ginger for treating arthritis
2. Ginger, Honey, Boiling Water, And Lemon Juice
This process helps in cleansing your digestive system and colon and thereby aids in preventing this problem.
- Grated ginger – 1 teaspoon
- Boiling water – 500 ml
- Lime juice – 1/4 cup
- Firstly, you grate ginger root into small pieces.
- Then, you squeeze a lemon to take its juice freshly.
- Next, you pour this lemon juice along with grated ginger into the boiling water.
- Now, you stir them well and pour a little of honey into it.
- Finally, you stir them well and drink this water in the morning.
- You should consume this water throughout the day.
3. Ginger, Pepper, And Green Cardamom
Here are step-by-step guides on how to use ginger for constipation relief:
- Dry ginger – 1 tablespoon
- Pepper – 1 teaspoon
- Green cardamom – 1 teaspoon
- Water – 1 glass
- At first, you take dry ginger, pepper, and green cardamom into a blender.
- Then, you blend them properly to make a fine powder.
- Next, you take about 1 tablespoon of the powder and add it into a glass of water.
- Now, you stir them well and consume it in the morning to treat constipation.
- You should have this mixture daily.
4. Grated Ginger, Grated Cinnamon, Yogurt, And Fruits
Here are some simple instructions on how to use fresh ginger for constipation treatment:
- Fresh ginger piece – 1
- Grated cinnamon – a few pieces
- Yogurt – 1 cup
- Firstly, you take this fresh ginger piece and rinse it off properly with clean water.
- Then, you grate it finely and add this grated ginger into the cup of yogurt.
- Next, you add some fruits that have high fiber content and a natural laxative property into it.
- Now, you stir them well and sprinkle a few grated cinnamon pieces into it.
- Finally, you consume this fruit mixture to treat constipation by instant energy and easy digestion.
- Regular consumption of the ginger mixed fruit salad in the morning as your breakfast or in the evening will help you to cure constipation effectively.
Learn more: Health and beauty advantages of cinnamon
5. Ginger, Lemon, Cucumber, Celery, And Pineapple
You can prepare this ginger smoothie with some ingredients such as lemon, cucumber, celery, and cucumber and then have it to treat constipation. It can detoxify the system, improve your digestive system as well as help in forming the stool properly. Hence, this smoothie aids a lot in treating constipation.
- Ginger – 1 piece (1 to 2 inches)
- Lemon – 1
- Cucumber – 1
- Pineapple – 1/2 cup
- Celery – 1/2 stalk
- Firstly, you cut the ginger, celery, and cucumber into pieces.
- Then, you squeeze the juice from this lemon.
- Next, you pour all the above ingredients in a blender.
- Now, you blend them properly till you get a smoothie.
- Finally, you consume this green ginger smoothie in order to treat constipation.
- You should do this ginger smoothie for about one month to clear out constipation.
Read more: Beauty and household advantages of cucumbers
6. Fresh Ginger, Honey, And Water
This is also another way on how to use fresh ginger for constipation treatment that you should try!
- Water – 2 cups
- Fresh ginger root – 1/2 pound
- Honey – 1 and ¼ cup
- A pot
- A glass jar
- A strainer
- At first, you take the fresh ginger root and then peel it off.
- Next, you cut it into thin slices by using a slicer.
- Now, you pour water in the pot and place it onto the stove over the high heat.
- Then, you cover this pot and lower the heat to simmer it for about 30 minutes.
- After that, you remove the cover and then continue to simmer it for another 10 to 15 minutes till these ginger slices become tender.
- Now, you add honey into this pot and let it simmer on the low heat for about 30 minutes until these ginger slices have turned into darker and become slightly translucent.
- However, remember that you have to stir this occasionally or else it can burn and change the taste of candies.
After that, you remove this pot from the heat and store it by pouring it into the glass jar and let it cool down properly.
- Or, you may strain the ginger and add it in the pot by using the strainer.
- You cut this into small pieces by using the fork and store it in a glass jar.
- Finally, you have the candies regularly to cure constipation.
Learn more: Making natural face masks with honey
Keep reading the next part of this writing if you want to discover other natural ways to use ginger for constipation treatment!
7. Ginger, Turmeric, And Vegetable Juice
In fact, this process will make you run into your washroom after having this juice that is mixed with turmeric and ginger.
- Turmeric – 1 piece (1 inch)
- Ginger – 1 piece (1 inch)
- Vegetable juice – 1 cup
- At first, you take ginger and turmeric.
- Then, you cut them into small pieces and put them into a blender.
- Next, you blend them well add this mixture into the vegetable juice.
- Now, you stir them well and have this juice to treat constipation.
- Or, if you are sensitive, you may start with 1/2 thumbnail-sized ginger, turmeric pieces, and this vegetable juice.
- You should do this process regularly.
8. Ginger, Honey, And Lemon Juice
This process aids in fast digestion as well as cleansing your colon to get the stools out of your intestinal gut. Therefore, this regulates your bowel movement to prevent this disorder.
Here are some detailed directions on how to use fresh ginger for constipation treatment:
- Ginger juice or grated ginger – 2 teaspoons
- Lemon juice – 1/2 tablespoon
- Honey – 1 teaspoon
- A small bowl
- Firstly, you add all these above ingredients in a small bowl.
- Then, you mix them well.
- Finally, you consume this mixture to remove constipation.
- You should consume this mixture daily to add wet to your stools and make it easier to pass out.
9. Ginger Ale For Constipation
In fact, ginger ale is an old remedy, which is used extensively for curing constipation, upset stomach, and some other digestive disorders. It contains an anti-inflammatory property that can help to treat constipation and ease the pain caused by it. However, it would be better for you to make the ginger ale at home than using one bought in the store.
Way 1: Ginger, water, sugar, club soda, and lemon
- 2 cups of Grated ginger
- 4 cups of water
- 1 quart of club soda
- 2 cups of sugar
- A lemon wedge
- A saucepan
- At first, you add ginger and sugar into a medium saucepan.
- Then, you place this pan on the stove and add clean water in it.
- Next, you boil it over the high heat and then lower the heat.
- Now, you simmer it for 40 to 50 minutes till the syrup reduced to 1/2 its original quantity.
- However, make sure that you do not over reduce it because it will become thicker while its gets cooling down.
- To prepare the ginger ale, you fill 4 glasses (8 ounces) with club soda.
- After that, you pour 2 tablespoons of this ginger syrup into each glass.
- Finally, you drink it by garnishing this with one lemon wedge.
- You should consume this ginger ale regularly to treat constipation and some other digestive problems.
Read more: The book of 7 common causes of constipation
Way 2: Chopped ginger, sugar, water, club soda, and lemon juice
- Peeled and chopped ginger – 1 cup
- Sugar – 1 cup
- Water – 3 cups
- Lemon juice
- Club soda
- Lemon wedges
- A saucepan
- Firstly, you add 2 cups of water into the saucepan.
- Then, you place this pan on the stove or heat over the medium-high heat and then add ginger into it.
- Next, you lower the heat to medium heat and let the ginger simmer for about 5 to 8 minutes.
- Now, you remove it from the heat and let it get cool for about 20 minutes.
- After that, you strain the water into a glass jar by using a strainer and then keep it aside.
- Now, you prepare the sugar syrup into another saucepan by adding sugar and 1 cup of water into it.
- Then, you place it on the heat or stove and stir it occasionally till the sugar dissolves in it completely.
- Now, you set it aside and prepare the ginger ale by mixing ginger water (1/2 cup) with simple syrup (1/3 cup) and club soda (1/2 cup) into a tall glass.
- After that, you stir them well by adding a few drops of fresh lemon juice into it.
- Finally, you place a lime wedge on the top of the glass and drink this ginger ale.
- You should have it regularly to make you free from this problem and other digestive disorders.
Learn more: Simple ways to use ginger for morning sickness
10. Ginger Tea For Constipation
A cup of ginger tea per day keeps constipation away! Click To Tweet Drinking ginger tea is another useful method on how to use fresh ginger for constipation treatment. Hence, the below are some recipes of ginger tea that will help you to prevent constipation.
Way 1: Ginger Tea
A cup of warm ginger tea will aid in moving the bowel down your intestines and make you feel free from this problem.
- Water – 1 – 2 quarts
- Ginger root – 1 piece
- Lemon juice or honey
- A teapot
- At first, you wash a fresh ginger piece properly with clean water.
- Then, you cut it into slices or pieces and place the teapot on the stove or heat over the medium heat.
- Next, you pour water into it and pour these ginger pieces into it.
- Now, you let it boil for about 15 to 20 minutes and then turn off the stove.
- After that, you strain this mixture into a mug by using a strainer.
- Finally, you add a little lemon juice or honey into it and drink this tea.
- You should have this tea regularly to clear not only constipation but also other digestive problems.
Way 2: Fresh ginger, turmeric, honey, and lemon juice
- Fresh ginger – 1 piece (4 cm)
- Fresh turmeric root – 1 piece (3 cm)
- Or turmeric powder – 1 tablespoon
- Raw honey – 2 teaspoons
- Lemon juice – 1 piece
- Water – 1 liter
- A saucepan
- A glass bottle with its tight lid
- Firstly, you wash the fresh ginger and turmeric pieces with clean water properly.
- Then, you grate turmeric and ginger pieces properly by using a grater.
- Next, you place these grated pieces into a small saucepan that is on the stove over the medium heat.
- Now, you add water into it and let it boil for a few minutes.
- When it is at the boiling point, you simmer it for 15 minutes.
- Now, you remove it from the stove or heat and allow it to cool for 5 to 10 minutes.
- After that, you add fresh lemon juice and honey into it and stir them well.
- Next, you strain the mixture into a glass bottle and store it in the refrigerator.
- Finally, you have one cup of this mixture when you suffer from this problem by re-heating it.
Read more: Health advantages of turmeric for humans
Way 3: Ginger, lemon juice, and water
- 1/8 teaspoon of dry ginger powder
- Or 1 teaspoon of fresh grated ginger
- 2 tablespoons of fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup of water
- If you are using dry ginger powder, you pour water into a pan.
- Then, you let it boil for a few minutes and pour the boiled water into a mug.
- Next, you add fresh lemon juice and organic dry ginger powder into the mug.
- Now, you stir them well and drink this tea to relieve constipation.
- Or, if you are using fresh ginger piece, you have to cut this piece into small pieces after rinsing it properly.
- Then, you pour 1 ½ cups of water into a pan and add these ginger pieces into it.
- Next, you let it boil for 10 minutes and then turn off the heat.
- After that, you add lemon juice into it and drink the tea by stirring it well.
- You should continue drinking this tea regularly to cure constipation and its pain.
Learn more: Easy tips to make ginger tea at home
Tips And Precautions:
Although you can ginger for constipation treatment, it also has some drawbacks. Therefore, you have to follow the tips and precautions below for a safer and faster relief from constipation.
- People who are suffering from diabetes and coronary heart diseases should not use ginger for constipation treatment.
- Ginger has a blood thinning property like aspirin and warfarin. Hence, you have to avoid using this ginger because it can prolong the bleeding time if you are suffering from bleeding disorders.
- If you are suffering from gallstones, you have to consult a doctor before using ginger for constipation treatment.
- If you are pregnant or nursing women, you have to consult a doctor before using ginger for constipation relief to know about the dosage, timings as well as other safety measures.
- It will be better for you to add aloe vera juice into the ginger tea before consuming it to get quicker relief from constipation.
- You may also add 1 teaspoon of ginger powder into the soups, smoothies, or any daily juices that you drink to relieve constipation more quickly.
- Apart from following ginger remedies, you do not forget to drink enough water, include more fiber foods in your daily diet, and have a few physical exercises to remove constipation.
- Make sure that you have to consult a doctor or gastroenterologist, if your problem is not treated within 4 to 5 days after using ginger frequently, for immediate treatment. Because it might be caused by any underlying health problem.
To get more information related to health problems, go to our main Conditions & Diseases page. After studying the writing of 13 useful methods on how to use fresh ginger for constipation, hope that this article will help you learn more some easy and simple ways to use ginger for treating constipation. All these remedies are safe, natural, cost effective as well as easily available for treating constipation. But do not forget that you have to try the remedies only after carrying out a small test, check your body reaction and then continue using it to keep constipation at bay. If you have any question or comment, please leave them below, I will respond you as soon as possible. Also, you can share your experiences with us if you know other ways on how to use fresh ginger for constipation.