Ginger has been well known for its various benefits for the whole health for a long time which makes it regular in a wide range of cuisine also beauty recipes. It is fortunate that ginger can be used in numerous forms including raw form, capsules, an ingredient of tea and cookies, which means it is easy to make something from ginger for those who love its taste. And finger really works fast even after you start to feel nauseous.
Ginger is a versatile food that prevents and treats many bad conditions such as nausea, diarrhea, indigestion, and other ailments. In addition, the term ginger for motion sickness is popular for those who usually have to face this problem because fresh ginger or even ginger capsules can help inhibit nausea and vomiting caused by the motion sickness. That means when you are moving in a car, train, plane, boat, or an amusement park ride and worrying about any risks of nausea, taking ginger in is always highly recommended.
It is time now VKool showed you 12 ways on how to use ginger for motion sickness on cruise and journey. All of the mentioned methods or recipes with ginger are natural and effective for this bad condition indeed. For those who often face motion sickness along with trips or journey, just spend a few minutes reading our article to have more experience!
12 Ways On How To Use Ginger For Motion Sickness On Cruise
1. Raw Ginger Root
Raw ginger root is known as the first and simplest form of ginger for motion sickness. It is not difficult to find out some ginger or even plant it on your own so that you can easily use it for various health benefits. It is advised to buy fresh raw ginger root that is available in any supermarkets then just consume some small pieces of ginger for motion sickness in your certain situation.
Following is the way to use ginger for motion sickness before a long journey:
- Take a small piece of raw ginger root, wash, and peel it thoroughly.
- Cut the clean ginger root into smaller slices to chew one by one along with your journey.
Note: In some cases, it is better not to swallow raw ginger root directly because this may a lingering aftertaste, which make some of the users unpleasant.
2. Ginger Candy
Candy is another form of ginger for motion sickness. Not only does ginger be used as an ingredient in various food recipes but it is also abused to make a kind of candy by on own. In fact, candied ginger that is also called crystallized ginger is much presented in good grocery or health food stores, which make people with regular motion sickness easy to get an easy method for their problem. If you fail to chew a raw ginger piece, dissolve a ginger candy in your mouth instead. And you should also remember not to swallow too much this type of candy because of its side effects as above.
3. Ginger Tea
Ginger tea may not strange for people also used to treat many bad conditions as well as improve the health in common. Consuming the tea made from ginger for motion sickness is always appreciated indeed which is directed as follow:
- Take a raw ginger root, wash, and peel it (if necessary)
- Cut the root into medium pieces (about 10 slices)
- Add the ginger pieces to a pot then pour a quart of water into the pot.
- Boil the pot for 10 to 15 minutes on a stove while stirring it sometime.
- Strain the tea then let it slightly cool.
- In addition, add about 2 tablespoons of honey, lemon juice, or maple syrup to sweeten the tea.
- Consume ginger tea before or on your journey to prevent the motion sickness.
4. Ginger Juice
If ginger is just often added to some smoothies or fruit juices to raise their taste, it is also used by itself to make a juice of ginger for motion sickness. It is not difficult to make this drink whose main ingredient is ginger indeed. Now is the direction of ginger juice:
- Cut a large piece of raw ginger into small pieces.
- Use a juicer to juice these ginger pieces.
- Store the juice in a small bottle in the fridge then use it for teas, juices, soups, sauces, or stews.
- Add a few drops of ginger extract to a cup of warm water, stir, and drink the juice before your journey.
Read more: How to use ginger for acid reflux?
5. Ginger And Lemon Juice
Not only does ginger be regular but lemon is also much used in natural recipes for the treatment of various condition including motion sickness. And now is the combination of lemon and ginger juice for motion sickness also an easy-to-drink beverage to consume before each long journey:
- Take a medium ginger root piece, wash, and peel it thoroughly then cut it into smaller pieces and juice them in a juicer.
- Prepare a half of a lemon then extract its juice. Mix a teaspoon each of lemon juice and ginger juice.
- Stir 1 teaspoon of each ginger juice and lemon juice in a glass of warm water.
- Drink the juice before a journey.
6. Ginger Pills And Capsules
Pills, capsules, and tablets are known as unnatural forms of ginger for motion sickness. If you fail to consume raw ginger, you can find these alternative ones in any pharmacies to make your process easier while maintaining its effectiveness. In fact, there are quite many people who prefer these form of ginger for motion sickness than the others because they save their time and give them a quick effect. In addition, you should choose the chewable tablets because the chewing action may bring a preventative effect on nausea. And remember to take pills that just contain ginger without any other herbs and consult your pharmacist to choose the right brand for your condition, which ensures the safe amount of ginger presented in each capsule. Besides, it is advised to check other ingredients in the pills, capsules, and tablets in case they are allergic to you.
7. Powdered Ginger
Powdered ginger is another form of ginger for motion sickness. It is easy to find powdered ginger available in supermarket spice sections or you can even make it on your own by drying raw ginger roots and grind them well. And the follows are directions of using powdered ginger for motion sickness before a long journey:
- Take half a teaspoon of powdered ginger and stir it in a glass of warm water.
- Add a bit of sugar and apple juice if you want to raise the taste to drink more easily.
- Consume the drink about 20 minutes before traveling.
Learn more: How to use ginger for morning sickness
8. Ginger With Chamomile And Black Horehound
Both of the ginger tea and chamomile tea are commonly used because of their various benefits for the whole health. And they can be combined together, along with black horehound, to make a juice for the prevention of motion sickness. This kind of juice may be more difficult to make than the tea of lemon and ginger for motion sickness but it also gives good effects settle the nerves thereby relieving the condition well.
Now is the way to make ginger tea with chamomile and black horehound:
- Juice a medium piece of grated ginger root to take its juice
- Mix 2 tablespoons of ginger juice with a tablespoon of each chamomile and black horehound.
- Stir the mixture in 2 cups of water.
- Boil the solution until the water remains a half.
- Strain the ginger tea and let it slightly cool.
- Consume this warm tea about 30 minutes before or even during the journey.
9. Ginger Chews With Coconut Oil And Honey
Similar to ginger candy, ginger chews are made to ensure your comfort during a long journey. Especially, you can make this kind of candy from natural ingredients like coconut oil, honey, and ginger for motion sickness on your own as well. Therefore, if you do not want to consume ginger candy that is available in grocery or health food stores, you can make and consume ginger chew as follows:
- 1 ounce of peeled and chopped fresh ginger
- ¾ cup of sugar
- 1/2 cup of honey
- 18 drops of lemon essential oil
- 12 drops of ginger essential oil
- 4 teaspoons of coconut oil
- Pour coconut oil into fresh ginger then warm them for 20 minutes in a saucepan.
- Remove the pan from heat and strain the mixture.
- Add sugar and honey to the mixture bring it to boil.
- Stir sometime until the heat reaches 245 on thermometer then turn off heat.
- Continue stirring it until the bubbling stops.
- Add ginger and lemon essential oils to the mixture, mix them well, and pour it into a 9×5 loaf pan.
- Let the mixture cool for about half to an hour then take the chew out of the pan.
- Cut the remained mixture into equal pieces then wrap them with a natural waxed paper and store all in an airtight container.
- Keep your product fresh for 6 weeks and then consume 2 chews every 2 to 4 hours or about 8 chew a day.
- Prepare a cup of sugar then place it in a pan hitting over a medium heat.
- When the sugar completely dissolves, add 2 tablespoons of maltose to the cup.
- Keep stirring the solution then add 3 tablespoons of ginger juice.
- Let the mixture bubble together.
- Take a sheet of wax paper, pour tapioca starch over it and make gentle depressions with your fingers.
- Pour the mixture of candy on the depressions and allow it to cool.
- Cut the cool candy mixture into small chunks and keep them in an airtight container.
- Chew candy of ginger for motion sickness during your travel.
Read more: Ginger for flu: 12 easy and simple ways
10. Ginger Ale
In fact, there are many types of ale that can be naturally made at home and ginger ale is also one of them. More clearly, this beverage is a hydrating soft and carbonated drink that is special with ginger flavor and also used to treat motion sickness. However, you should shake out the gas before drinking ginger ale as well.
Following is the recommendation of 2 ginger ale for your choice:
- Prepare 3 cups of water and pour them in a pan hit on the stove.
- Add ½ cup of sugar, 2-inch piece of fresh ginger root, a tablespoon of molasses, and ½ a teaspoon of salt to the pan.
- Stir all the ingredients well then boil them
- Let it simmer for 5 minutes so that the sugar completely dissolves.
- Take the pan out of the heat and pour 5 cups of water additionally.
- Add 1/2 cup of each fresh lemon (lime lemon) and homemade ginger bug to the pan.
- Keep stirring well and pour the solution into a glass mason jar with tight lid.
- Seal the lid then keep it for 2 to 3 days.
- When opening the lid, the solution may be bubbled and hissed as a soda because it is fermented by whey but not leave it too much carbonated to prevent too much pressure.
- Strain the solution completely.
- Take a bottle of this ale of ginger for motion sickness during your journey.
- Add ½ cup of water, 6 ounces of sugar, and 1.5 ounces of grated ginger to a pan and mix them together.
- Place the pan in an oven at a medium heat.
- Keep stirring so that the sugar completely dissolves then take it out of the heat.
- Cover and steep the solution for an hour before straining it with a fine mesh strainer.
- Store it in the refrigerator without covering until it reaches 68 to 72˚F.
- Pour the solution into a clean plastic bottle through a funnel and add 7 cups of water, 2 tablespoons of lemon juice, and 1/8 teaspoon of dry yeast.
- Cover the bottle tightly and shake it well.
- Keep the bottle at room temperature for 2 days then open it to check the essential amount of carbonation.
- When the ale is properly carbonated, open the bottle once a day to remove excess carbonation which lasts for 2 weeks.
11. Amount Of Ginger For Motion Sickness
Using ginger for motion sickness is really effective but you should also pay attention to some points of dosage to avoid any unexpected effects. For example, an adult needs at least 250 mg, normally from 500 mg to 940 mg, of ginger to prevent the bad condition. In addition, ginger should be consumed at least half an hour before each trip. You should follow the instruction of dosage on the ginger capsule package, for example, 250 mg of ginger for 3 times a day. Avoid exceeding the dose and consult your doctor or pharmacist before using pills, especially if you are pregnant, a nursing women or the treatment is for children.
12. Some More Tips Using Ginger For Motion Sickness
- When consuming ginger for motion sickness, it is important to take note some of the tips below to prevent the risks of more serious conditions or worsen your present diseases:
- Pregnant, nursing women, and children under 3 years old should consult their doctor before taking ginger as their remedies.
- Ginger should be taken 15 to 30 minutes before a trip and at each interval through the trip.
- Don’t use too much ginger if you are suffering from heart conditions or problems or taking blood-thinners such as aspirin, clopidogrel, and warfarin, as ginger can raise the risk of bleeding.
- Ginger is not directed to those with gallbladder disease or using anti-coagulant drugs.
- Over consumption of ginger may cause heartburn or GERD.
- Check bought ginger ale if it contains ginger indeed.
- Not all people are suitable for this treatment of ginger for motion sickness so never use or view it as an alternative method to a doctor’s advice.
Related article: How to prevent seasickness on a boat or cruise ship
After reading the article on 12 ways on how to use ginger for motion sickness on cruise in our main Health page, hope that you can know how to prevent motion sickness with ginger and other natural ingredients thereby consuming it as an essential method before each trip. Please let us know if you have any question by leaving them below and share with us other ways of using ginger for motion sickness.
Want More Content Like This In Your Inbox?
- Top 28 natural foods to reduce high blood pressure fast
- Fatty liver bible & Ezra protocol review – does it work?
- How to get perfect skin naturally and fast in just a week: 9 tips
- How to declutter your life and reduce stress – 11 tips
- How to deal with a difficult boss at work without losing your job
- How to lose face fat fast and naturally at home in just a week
- 8 natural home remedies for sagging skin after weight loss
- Dog food secrets review – is Andrew Lewis’s guide useful?