Upset stomach, also known as stomachache or abdominal pain, is a very common symptom in the humans which is associated with many temporary and later serious diseases. The upset stomach always makes people such uncomfortable pains that they sometimes cannot do anything with it.
It is impossible to treat the upset stomach if the causes of it are not correctly considered. We can list some of its common causes such as gastroenteritis, irritable bowel syndrome, and constipation, and the inflammation of the stomach. There are also other causes of pain in the abdomen that come from more normal or even severe in some cases.
Now VKool wants to share with you 12 ways on how to take ginger for upset stomach and gas condition. All the recommended recipes are ensured to be safe, effective and the best ones that are consulted in a various information source. Spend a little time reading our writing to know more about the ways to treat upset stomach with ginger.
12 Ways On How To Take Ginger For Upset Stomach And Gas Condition
Dealing with the upset stomach is not actually difficult because there are many types of medicine for this problem available on the market. The medication can bring the immediate results but they are not safe and long-term effective indeed. For this condition, there are many home remedies for the treatment and ginger is highly recommended as an effective one. It has been widely used for various health problems including the upset stomach as ginger alone or in the combination with other natural ingredients can also give the relief and prevention to this stomach condition.
1. Alone Ginger
There are many ways to use ginger for upset stomach and using it alone is the easiest one. It is because that ginger is a rich source of anti-inflammatory property that aids in increasing the digestive juices while neutralizing the stomach, thus, the upset stomach will be effectively relieved. Plus, it stimulates the food digestion and absorption thereby eliminating the excess gas from the intestinal tracts.
In addition, ginger can relax the muscles and relieve cramping which decreases the chance of food backing up into the digestive system. Its antioxidants are able to reduce the production of free radicals as well as the damage they bring to the human body. The intestinal tracts are also relaxed, thus, the upset stomach can be instantly relieved.
Now are the ways to use alone ginger for upset stomach:
- Peel the fresh ginger and eat 1 gram of it each day
- Alternatively, sprinkle salt on the cut ginger slices then chew them as regularly as possible
- Add ginger to the foods and drinks as a spice, or consume the ginger in the form of pills, tincture or ale.
- Chew ginger candy to whenever driving your car is the other choice.
Learn more: How to treat upset stomach naturally at home
2. Ginger Juice
This is the directions to use ginger for upset stomach which is in the form of juice and easier to take in. There are 2 ways using ginger for upset stomach:
- Mix an equal amount of sugar and ginger juice in a glass warm water
- Consume this drink to remove flatulence and bloating
- Alternatively, use ginger and essential oil to rub on your upset stomach.
- Mix 1 teaspoon of each grated ginger and lime juice
- Consume the mixture as soon as eating and regularly.
3. Ginger Candy
In another way of using ginger for upset stomach, it is easier to consume ginger in the form of candy. Ginger candy has been widely sold in the market, but you can make it by yourself at home with the fresh ginger and other natural ingredients. This is the recipe for ginger candy:
- Slice fresh ginger into small pieces (about 0.5 inché thick) and dip them into honey
- Pour a little butter into the honey ginger and cook them in a skillet about 5 minutes on the low heat.
- Transfer the liquid to a cookie sheet then leave it cool and harden for 30 minutes
- Eat ginger candy whenever having an upset stomach or other stomach problem.
4. Special Crystallized Ginger
Crystallized ginger is similar to ginger candy but it is wrapped with a layer of sugar instead of just mixing it with sugar before. The recipe is also simple with the main ingredients as ginger and sugar.
- Peel 1 to 2 fresh ginger tubers then cut them into thin slices
- Pour an adequate amount of water to the ginger slices in a pot then heat it on the medium heat
- After boiling, let them simmer for 20 minutes then cool and drain to remain the water.
- Add an equal quantity of sugar and cooked ginger slices to a pan with 1/4 cup extracted water and a little salt.
- Boil the mixture over medium heat for few minutes to get a thick syrup
- Take the ginger slices out and dry them overnight on a rack
- Wrap these ginger slices with the sugar and store them in the fridge for a longer time
- Consume crystallized ginger regularly.
5. Healthy Ginger Tea
Ginger tea may not strange to everyone because of its health benefits not only for the upset stomach but also for the whole health. Besides ginger for upset stomach, there are other natural ingredients used to make this tea more tasteful and effective.
- Stir 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger in 1 cup of hot water then steep for 3 to 5 minutes
- Strain the juice then add a little sugar or honey to it
- Consume the drink twice daily.
Note: This ginger tea is used for those who suffer from upset stomach and other conditions such as stomach pain and stomach gas.
- Peel 1-inch of ginger root then cut it into thin slices
- Boil 2 cups of water in a pan then add the ginger to the water and cover, lower the heat and simmer for 15 minutes
- Add honey, lemon or cinnamon sticks if you want to have more attractive taste
- Consume the tea when you have an upset stomach to get a relief after 10 to 15 minutes.
6. Ginger Tea With Honey And Lemon
Honey and lemon are both considered to be beneficial for the digestive system. While honey is a rich source of enzymes, acid phosphatase, glucose oxidase, invertase, catalase, and inulase which all boosts the digestion and assimilation, lemon has alkalinizing effects, thus, the combination of them in the addition of ginger for the upset stomach is really a good choice.
- Boil 2 cups of water then add a 1-inch peeled and sliced ginger root piece, two 1 –inch lemon peel pieces, and the juice of a half lemon
- Lower the heat and simmer for about 5 to 10 minutes then add a little honey to it
- Consume the drink once or twice a day.
7. Combination Of Ginger And Black Tea
Black tea is well- known because of its healthy benefits. Being rich in nutrients and antioxidants, this tea is very beneficial in treating a variety of diseases and improving the whole health. And its active compounds can help treat stomach conditions effectively, so it is combined with ginger for upset stomach treatment.
- Add ½ cup of chopped fresh ginger to 3 cups of water then boil the solution
- Stir in 2 tablespoons of black tea leaves, cover and keep for 3 to 5 minutes
- Pour 1/2 cup of each evaporated milk and sweetened condensed milk to the solution
- Strain it and pour the remained juice into a blender to blend it until foamy
- Consume the drink once or twice a day.
Read more: Top amazing health benefits of tea
8. Special Ginger Powder
This is the way to use ginger for upset stomach which is in the form of powder. There is not only ginger but also other ingredients including coriander seeds, mint leaves, and black pepper.The consumption of this ginger powder can help treat the abdomen problem effectively! Click To Tweet.
- Take equal quantities of ginger, coriander seeds, dry mint leaves, and black pepper then grind them completely to get a fine powder
- Take in a teaspoon of this powder twice daily on a regular basis.
Learn more: How to use ginger for morning sickness
9. Ginger Addition To Carrot Soup
The consumption of carrot soup can help prevent gastroparesis condition, known as one of the causes of the upset stomach. Due to the source of vitamins and minerals such as vitamin A, vitamin C, vitamin E, and magnesium, it stimulates the digestion while protecting the stomach from bad conditions.
- Boil 2 cups of water in a saucepan
- Stir in 1 ½ cups of baby carrots and 4 teaspoons minced ginger then cover and cook over a medium heat for 20 minutes
- Take it out of the heat and leave it cool
- Add little salt and buttermilk then stir well
- Consume the mixture when you feel necessary.
10. Ginger Ale
According to the studies before, natural ginger ale contains medical compounds of ginger with carbonation of soda and sugar that all help calm the upset stomach. Ginger ale is a type of organic soft drink creating carbonation to soothe the discomfort and pain. The created air bubbles bring an alleviating effect in order to calm the upset stomach and its combination with fruit juice or water aids in replenishing and restoring the fluids during an upset stomach.
- Add a cup of chopped ginger to 2 cups of warm water for 5 minutes to let it steep
- After cooling, strain the solution
- Stir a cup of sugar in a cup of water then boil it to make syrup
- Make a mixture of 1/2 cup of each the ginger water and club soda, and 1/3 cup of the sugar syrup.
- Add a little lemon juice to the mixture for a better taste
- Enjoy the ginger ale to relieve your upset stomach.
Read more: easy and simple ways using ginger for flu
11. Ginger Beer
Ginger beer is another way to use ginger for upset stomach. Non-alcoholic beer as the ginger beer can relieve many problems including ingestion, GERD, heartburn, nausea, and upset stomach. Therefore, drink this type of beer is very beneficial for the whole health.
- Use a meat tenderizer to grind 4 oz of dried ginger completely
- Add the ground ginger to 1/2 gallon of water then boil them
- Mix the juice of a lemon with a packet of dry yeast in a cup of warm water
- Pour the 2 solutions together the add ½ gallon of water to and keep for a day to brew
- Strain the solution and stir sugar in for more attractive taste
- Store the beer in the refrigerator and drink whenever you feel necessary.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of fresh ginger by grating or dicing it
- Put the ginger in a small jar then add the juice of a lemon to and keep for an hour
- Strain the solution into another jar and pour seltzer water full into the jar
- Add a sweetener as Xylitol or aspartame that are all well combined with ginger beer
- Store the beer in the refrigerator and drink when you want.
12. Some More Tips
You should pay attention to some points when using ginger for upset stomach to get the best results.
· Consume an adequate amount of ginger as well as its products because the over consumption can irritate the mouth and stomach
- Drink caffeine- free green tea regularly and less carbonated drinks as ginger ale
- Breastfeeding women have to avoid consuming ginger and its products
· For those who suffering from heart diseases, diabetes, bleeding disorder, and ulcers should consult their doctor before adding ginger tea to their daily diet.
- Stop using ginger when having an allergic reaction, heartburn, and nausea.
Learn more: Eat, drink and shrink recipes book review
Related article: natural home remedies for upset stomach
If you are interested in how to treat other diseases with natural ingredients, drop by our main Health page to get more. After reading our article of 12 ways on how to take ginger for upset stomach and gas condition, we hope you could get more benefits of ginger as well as the ways to use it for the stomach problem. We ensure the quality and safety of our recipes, but it is unavoidable to have other side effects in some cases. So you should do small tests before taking them as your treatment of upset stomach. If you have any questions, leave it below then we will answer as soon as possible. And share with us your experiences or other ways of using ginger for the upset stomach.