Acid reflux is a very common condition in the stomach which goes with the flow back of stomach acids and other undigested foods into the esophagus. This digestive disorder causes bloating, coughing, snoring, belching, some painful symptoms then the burning pain in the lower chest. Acid reflux, therefore, always annoys the patients, makes them feel uncomfortable and unconfident in front of the crowd.
The common treatment for acid reflux is using a variety of drugs available on the market, both prescription and over-the-counter. But there are many alternative ways to treat this digestive disorder including natural ones and drinking green tea for acid reflux is highly appreciated. With a rich source of nutrients and some essential properties, green tea is not only beneficial for all digestive problems but also helps maintain the health and smooth skin.
Overeating or consuming hard- to- digest food (fast-food rich in fats) is known as the cause of acid reflux. When too much food is taken in, the lower esophageal sphincter has to experience under a high pressure which causes the food to reflux into the esophagus. Another cause is a hiatal hernia in which the upper stomach can extend above the diaphragm and allow acids to back up. There are also other causes like overweight or in the period of pregnancy that all boost the pressure to the abdominal cavity.
This time, VKool.com wants to recommend you 6 ways of the best green tea for acid reflux & heartburn relief to do at home. You can absolutely believe in our suggested recipes because they are chosen and analyzed from the reliable information. Spend a little time reading our writing to know more natural methods of green tea for acid reflux treatment.
6 Ways Of The Best Green Tea For Acid Reflux & Heartburn Relief
1. Natural Green Tea
There are some benefits of green tea for acid reflux treatment in particular and for the digestion in common. Green tea is quite rich in anti – oxidant polyphenols that help stimulate the digestive process and prevent the acid or undigested food from flowing back into the esophagus. Plus, this tea activates the proper contraction of the lower esophageal sphincter which restricts the backward movement of the stomach acids. Green tea can also prevent the heartburn due to its properties of theobromine, tannins, and theophylline. Finally, its anti-inflammatory property is very beneficial in relieving burning sensations caused by this bad condition.
Of the many ways to use green tea for acid reflux, the natural green tea is the simplest one for all. Green tea can be made by using fresh green tea leaves directly, using green tea bags available at all grocery stores or sold online, or using green tea powder.
- For green tea leaves, wash them clean with water then put into a pitcher and pour hot water into, cover and leave for 20 to 30 minutes then drink.
- For green tea bag, just put 20 to 30 bags in a pot then pour hot water into, keep for 3 to 5 minutes and drink
- For green tea powder, take an adequate amount of powder to put in a pot, pour the hot water into, wait for 10 to 15 minutes then drink
Note: You can cool the green tea then store it in the fridge and consume a cold drink that is suitable for the hot summer.
2. Green Tea With Lemon
In fact, lemon juice has a high acidic level which can cause acid reflux if consume a large amount. However, when combined with water and consumed an adequate amount, it becomes alkaline and neutralizes the stomach acid. Besides, lemon juice contains is a rich source of vitamins and minerals that all aid the digestion and promote the whole health. Lemon juice can be added to green tea for acid reflux treatment which also makes a better beverage.
- Take 2 green tea bags and put them into a pitcher
- Pour 4 cups of boiled water into the pitcher, cover and leave for 20 to 30 minutes
- Stir the juice of a lemon and an orange in the green tea and add raw honey to sweeten
- Consume the warm or cold drink as your favor 3 times a day.
3. Honey Addition To Green Tea
Besides green tea for acid reflux, honey is also the good one for this digestive condition due to its source of vitamins, minerals, amino acids, and enzymes that are all essential for a proper digestion. Plus, it contains antibacterial property that is responsible for inhibiting bacteria from growing in the digestive tracts and potassium mineral that plays a role in neutralizing stomach acids. Honey also covers the esophagus and stomach in order to prevent the irritation caused by acids in the stomach and soothes the esophagus tract to relieve throat irritation.
It is no doubt that honey is an excellent food for every digestive problem. Here is the combination of honey and green tea for acid reflux relief:
- Brew a green tea bag or 1 to 2 teaspoons of green tea powder
- Add 1 teaspoon of raw honey to the tea and stir
- Consume the mixed tea 3 times a day
Read more: Green tea for weight loss: 12 best solutions
4. Green Tea And Aloe Vera
Aloe Vera has been proved to be an agent for preventing and relieving heartburn acid reflux. Aloe vera contains glycol proteins essential for soothing pain and inflammation and stimulating the healing process. It also has polysaccharides that aid the food digestion and absorption to improve the skin health.
Besides, aloe vera has the healing property that soothes the esophagus track and relieves the irritation. It can also improve the blood circulation through the whole body which aids a proper digestion and the functioning of digestive tract thereby relieving acid reflux.
Below is the recommended combination of aloe vera and green tea for acid reflux relief:
- Use a green tea bag or powder to brew a cup of tea
- Extract the juice of an aloe vera leaf then stir ½ teaspoon of its juice in the green tea
- Drink the tea 3 times a day.
5. Combination Of Green Tea And Almond Milk
Almond milk is considered to have balancing ability whenever having a digestive problem. It is alkaline, thus, it helps in neutralizing acidic foods which partly decreases the risks of acid reflux. Plus, almond milk can soothe the irritated stomach as well as esophageal linings. Let see how to combine almond milk with green tea for acid reflux condition:
- Take a green tea bag or 1 to 2 teaspoons of green tea powder to brew a large cup of tea
- Pour the cold almond milk into the cup to fill the rest of it then stir well
- Drink and sip the tea 3 times a day.
Note: Coconut milk can be replaced with almond milk as your choice.
6. Some More Tips
To get the best results after using green tea for acid reflux, you should follow some more advice below:
- Always use organic and decaffeinated green tea, otherwise, it can increase the risks of acid reflux
- Consume green tea daily in replace of other juices, sodas, and caffeine drinks.
- For those who are in the period of medication for heart diseases, blood pressure, depression, or stomach ulcers, remember to consult their doctor in case there are some interacts occurring.
- For those who experience more than twice a week, consult their doctor because it can be associated with more serious diseases; keep a healthy diet with a lot of fruits and vegetables; drink 8 glasses of water a day; don’t consume much sugar and carbohydrates; do regular exercises.
Related article: How to treat GERD pain naturally at home – 8 tips
Our main Health page contains a variety of health information particularly including natural recipes for a numerous disease, so you should drop by to get more. After reading the article of 6 ways of the best green tea for acid reflux & heartburn relief, hope you all know more about this digestive disorder and its treatments with green tea. However, remember to check your body reaction with these recipes through small tests before applying them as your regular treatment. If you have any questions, please leave them below and feel free to share your experiences or more recipes of using green tea for acid reflux.
Want More Content Like This In Your Inbox?
- 21 Tips on How to Tighten Belly Skin Naturally & Fast at Home
- Red wine face mask recipe: 7 effective solutions
- 10 healthy foods that reduce bloating and gas in your stomach fast
- 23 Ways on how to get rid of water retention naturally & fast
- List Of 31 Benefits Of Eggplant
- 11 Methods on how to use green tea for acne
- Top 4 Alternative Treatments For Cushing’s Syndrome In Humans
- 21 Health & beauty benefits of apple cider vinegar consumption