Hands can give away your age. In addition, you may get dry hands in the winter thanks to washing them so frequently. So, do not you want to keep the hands super smooth, soft, and smelling good? Applying expensive branded hand creams isn’t the answer. They can have chemicals and additionally they mostly forget an important period in getting soft hands; that’s exfoliation. Instead of applying such expensive hand creams, you should try hand scrub recipes that are not difficult to prepare at home as well as inexpensive. These hand scrubs will get rid of dead skin cells from the hands and leave the hands with bright, touchable, soft, and a good smelling skin. In this article, VKool.com will show you natural hand scrub recipe: 13 homemade recipes. The writing collected a list of hand scrub recipes from reliable sources. In this article, you will learn some easy recipes to make hand scrub at home.
Natural Hand Scrub Recipe: 13 Homemade Recipes You Should Try
1. The No Fuss Sugar Hand Scrub
Homemade hand scrub is not only inexpensive, but also good for your skin. Here are step by step directions to make this hand scrub recipe at home:
- A teaspoon each of white or brown sugar
- Half a teaspoon of olive oil
- Mix 2 teaspoons each of sugar and honey and whip it for around a minute.
- Then, add olive oil (half a teaspoon) and mix for around 2 minutes. Keep it in an airtight jar.
2. The Honey And Almond Scrub
Here are detailed guides for this hand scrub recipe:
- Almonds (a handful)
- Honey (half a teaspoon)
- Milk as required
- Take almonds (a handful) and then grind to create a fine powder.
- After that, add honey (half a teaspoon) and enough milk to form a smooth paste. This scrub should be used instantly and not stored.
Learn more: Advantages Of Almonds For Health, Skin And Hair
3. The Sugar ‘n’ Salt And Coconut Oil Scrub
Here are detailed guides to make this hand scrub recipe:
- One tablespoon each of honey and coconut oil
- 1/4thcup of sugar (white or brown)
- Juice of one lime
- Sea salt (1/4thcup)
- Mix 1 tablespoon each of honey (preferably organic) and coconut oil.
- Then, add sea salt (1/4th cup) and fine sugar to it and mix well.
- After that, add the juice of one lime and mix it in a blender for around 30 seconds.
- Finally, store it in an airtight container. You can use it within a week.
4. The Salt Scrub
You can make this hand scrub recipe as follows:
- Sea salt (half a cup)
- Olive oil (2 tablespoons)
- Juice of 3 lemons
- Mix sea salt (half a cup) with extra virgin olive oil (2 tablespoons).
- Then, add the juice of 3 lemons over the mixture and stir until completely blended.
- Use the scrub within 2 weeks and store this in an airtight container.
5. Sugar Hand Scrub Recipe
Here are detailed guides to make this scrub at home:
- White or brown sugar (1/2 cup)
- Organic coconut oil or extra virgin olive oil (1/4 cup)
- Your favorite essential oil (a couple of drops) (optional).
- Mix all of these ingredients together in one small mixing bowl till fully blended, and keep it in an airtight container (you may mix these ingredients straightly in an airtight container).
- Lightly massage small amount of this mixture as needed into the hands for around 30-60 seconds (ensure to exfoliate between the fingers as well).
- Then, rinse with warm water till you may no longer feel the sugar grains, and pat dry the hands using a clean soft towel. This coconut oil (or olive oil) will give sufficient moisture, and possibly you will not need anything else.
- You can apply this scrub every day.
6. Homemade Hand Scrub Recipe For Dry Skin
Coconut oil is anti-fungal and anti-bacterial, provides moisture and makes the skin soft, so that it is ready for exfoliation. Sugar and salt, both are perfect exfoliators. Honey softens and heals your skin. Lemon juice softens, lightens, and works to get rid of odors from your hands. Here are detailed directions to make this hand scrub recipe:
- Organic coconut oil (1 tablespoon)
- Raw honey (2 tablespoons)
- Coarse sea salt (1/4 cup)
- Organic sugar (1/4 cup)
- Lemon juice (1 tablespoon)
- First of all, mix together the organic coconut oil and the honey in one medium mixing glass bowl. Blend together the sugar, lemon juice and salt in different small glass bowl, till it becomes crumbly. Then, pour this salt mixture over this honey mixture and mix them well till smooth. Store it in an air-tight container or glass jar.
- Gently massage small quantity of this mixture as required into your hands for around 30-60 seconds (ensure to exfoliate between the fingers as well).
- Then, rinse with warm water till you may no longer feel the sugar grains, and pat dry the hands using a clean soft towel. This coconut oil will give sufficient moisture, and possibly you will not need anything else.
- You can apply this hand scrub every day.
7. Sea Salt Hand Scrub
Sea salt exfoliates by removing dead skin cells. Coconut oil works as one natural deep moisturizer, because it has medium-chain fatty acids which make it a hydrating as well as anti-inflammatory agent. For essential oil, you may use grapefruit essential oil. This oil has antiseptic and antibacterial properties, which are very effective during the winter months. Orange or lemon essential oils will also do the trick. You can also try bergamot, lavender, or chamomile essential oils. Here are detailed instructions to make this hand scrub recipe:
- Coarse sea salt (1 cup)
- Organic coconut oil (1/2 cup) (liquid form)
- Essential oil of your option (a few drops).
- Pour coarse sea salt (1 cup) into one mixing glass bowl. Pour extra virgin olive oil or organic coconut oil (1/2 cup) over the salt.
- Next add in the favorite essential oil and then stir well all of these ingredients together till they are mixed completely.
- Rub the scrub over the hands for about 30-60 seconds (Remember to exfoliate between the fingers as well).
- Finally, wash off and pat dry the hands using a soft towel. The coconut oil or olive oil will add sufficient moisture, and possibly you will not need anything else.
- You can use this remedy about once or twice per week.
8. Homemade Lemon Hand Scrub Recipe
Here are step by step directions to make this hand scrub recipe:
- White sugar (3/4 cup)
- Extra virgin olive oil (1/4 cup)
- Freshly squeezed lemon juice (1 tablespoon)
- Lemon essential oil (few drops).
- Pour the sugar into one glass mixing bowl. Next slowly add small quantities of extra virgin olive oil to this sugar till sugar holds the shape together with is no longer crumbly (just sufficient to make this moist but not runny).
- Then, add enough lemon juice to this mixture so that you can smell lemon more than this olive oil. After that, add in lemon essential oil (a few drops) to create it smell yummier.
- Now rub the scrub over the hands for around 30-60 seconds (remember to exfoliate between the fingers as well).
- Finally, rinse off and pat dry the hands using a soft towel. This olive oil will provide enough moisture, and probably you will not need anything else.
9. Homemade Hand Scrub
- ½ cup of honey
- ½ cup of lemon juice
- 1 cup of sunflower or walnut oil
- 1 pkg slivered almonds
- Combine all ingredients into one mixing bowl.
- Stir together, and then toss into one food processor or blender.
- Then, blend for about three minutes. Put in one pretty container to keep, because this recipe makes much exfoliating scrub.
- Now, rub on the hands for a couple of minutes, and then rinse with water.
Learn more: Advantages Of Walnuts For Health And Skin
10. Honey Hand Scrub
Honey is a surprising natural skin care product. Firstly, it moisturizes. Second, because it’s a great antioxidant, it can even protect the skin from the sun. Plus, it can even assist to repair damaged skin. Hence, this is great for burns and cuts. Milk, because of its lactic acid, is absolutely a great exfoliant, as it can help break down the dead skin cells. It’ll actually help tighten the skin and make the pores smaller. The oatmeal works as the scrub. Here are step by step directions to make this hand scrub recipe:
- Honey (2 tablespoons)
- Oat meal (uncooked) (1 tablespoon)
- Refrigerated milk (1/3 cup)
- First of all, you get the oat meal and mix this with the milk in one bowl. Then, add honey (two tablespoons).
- After you have the scrub ready, you’ll need to start with one clean pair of hands. Thus, wash them using soap before you apply. Afterwards, massage this mixture into the hands. Then, work on this for around 3-5 minutes. Allow it to sit for around 10 minutes after. Finally, rinse and dry.
11. Almond Hand Scrub Recipe
Almonds are absolutely one of the super foods as it comes to anti – aging. You see, they also are a great antioxidant that means they’re great for your skin. In this case, they’ll act as one natural scrub and also will gently get rid of dead skin cells and dirt. Mayonnaise is a great source of vitamin E that helps soften your skin and give it one nice glow. Here are detailed guides for you to follow:
- Almonds (1/3 cup)
- Milk (½ cup)
- One tablespoon on mayonnaise
- You will need to immerse the almonds in water for several hours to soften them.
- Then, you should place them in one blender and mix until they’re finely ground.
- Add your milk and your mayonnaise. Mix well.
- Now, scrub on for five minutes. Leave for 10minutes. Rinse well.
12. Sea Salt And Coconut Oil Hand Scrub Recipe
- ⅓ coconut oil, melted
- ⅔ cup of sea salt
- 7-10 drops of lemongrass essential oil
- Melt this coconut oil.
- In one storage jar, you add the sea salt. Then, pour the lemongrass and coconut oil over the salt. After that, mix together with one spoon.
- Now, scoop a small amount with your fingers or a spoon. Rub all over your hands. Rinse using warm water afterwards.
13. Clementine Juice Hand Scrub Recipe
- 1 tablespoon of clementine juice
- 1 tablespoon of honey
- 1 tablespoon of sugar
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- Combine all of these ingredients in one small bowl. Then, wash your hands with this scrub, paying particular attention to dry cuticles and patches. It is especially effective after a bath or shower, as the steam once softened dead skin cells.
To get more information related to effective ways for skin care, go to our main Home Skin Care page. After studying the writing of 13 natural homemade hand scrub recipes, hope that this article will help you learn more some easy and simple recipes to make the hand scrub. If you have any question or comment, please leave them below, I will respond you as soon as possible. Also, you can share the experience if you know any other hand scrub recipe to us.
Want More Content Like This In Your Inbox?
- Become second to none PDF review – is it reliable?
- 11 Solutions On How To Even Skin Tone Fast And Naturally
- How to get instant relief from acidity – 17 best solutions
- 10 Best natural herbs for diabetes
- 18 Ways on How to Get Chubby Cheeks Naturally without Gaining Weight
- 21 home remedies for burns on fingers and arms
- Health & beauty benefits of pineapple – top 14 benefits
- 44 Tips On How To Get Lighter Skin Color Naturally