Since crab has 10 legs, they are known as decapods. Crab increases their size by the molting process – they would shed their solid shell, and increase their size by swelling up after ingesting a plenty of water. For about 2 – 3 days during this process, the crabs' shell is very soft, which can gradually harden, till the next molting process. Some gourmets like eating those crabs having a soft shell, claiming they are more sweet and succulent. Whatever people's preference, crab-meat is considered a specialty all over the world. In the article today, we will introduce some delicious and nutritional healthy crab recipes that people who love crab and want to have more energy to overcome diseases can try at home:
List Of 16 Healthy Crab Recipes – The Best Dishes Made From Crab Meat
Here are some of the best healthy crab recipes that people should try right from today to enjoy wonderful benefits that this seafood brings about!
1. Healthy Crab Recipes – Crab Ceviche
This is the very first one out on the list of the best healthy crab recipes that we would like to list here and want to encourage readers to learn and try right away for good!
Crab ceviche will always help to satisfy your friends, family members, and even a crowd. This has always been a crowd pleaser in my home. This is great as an appetizer served with tortilla chips or on tostadas. Do not forget to refrigerate the dish before serving because it would be most delicious when being served cold. I like serving on tostadas with a thin mayonnaise layer for a tasty refreshing lunch.
Actually, this is a wonderful dish on the list of healthy crab recipes that you should not skip!
- pepper and salt to taste
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 3 serrano peppers, finely chopped
- 2 limes, juiced
- 1/2 bunch cilantro, chopped
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 2 large tomatoes, chopped
- 1 (8 ounce) package imitation crabmeat, flaked
- Place the imitation crab (shredded) into a porcelain bowl or a glass. Metal or plastic should not be used. Stir into the crabmeat with olive oil till they are coated well, and then stir in the serrano peppers, tomato, onion, and cilantro. Put over everything with lime juice (by squeezing limes) and mix the ingredients well. Use plenty of salt and pepper to season. Refrigerate the dish for about an hour before you serve the dish.
Crab Ceviche is actually a wonderful fish made from crab and some simple ingredients, try it out!
Learn More: 33 Healthy Sandwich Recipes For Kids
2. Crab Casserole
This is a creative and tasty to my taste buds. This is actually one of the most wonderful healthy crab recipes that we would like to introduce in the article today!
- 1/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup diced celery
- 1 (4 ounces) can small shrimp, drained
- 1 1/2 cups cooked crabmeat
- 1 large green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 chopped onions
- 3 tbsps ketchup
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 3/4 cup low-fat mayonnaise
- 1 (8 ounces) package egg noodles
- Preheat oven to 175 degrees C (350 degrees F).
- Cook pasta in a large pot of salted boiling water till al dente. Drain, and put the pasta in a large bowl.
- Add to the noodles with onion, ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, and mayonnaise; mix all ingredients well. Stir in celery, shrimp, crab, and green pepper. Pepper and salt to taste. Spoon the mixture into a casserole dish (8×8 inch). Sprinkle bread crumbs to taste over the casserole.
- In the preheated oven, bake until bubbly and brown or within about 35 minutes.
3. Healthy Crab Recipes – Crab Alfredo
Simply put, tasty! A little on the decadent side, but instead of butter, you can use a heart-healthy spread and fat-free half-and-half. Serve with a glass of Chardonnay, a nice salad, and garlic bread sticks.
- 8 ounces crabmeat, flaked
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 (4 ounces) package cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups half-and-half
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- salt and black pepper to taste
- 3 tbsps all-purpose flour
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tbsps butter
- 8 ounces dried fettucine
- Boil a pot of lightly salted water (large size). Add pasta and cook until al dente for eight to ten minutes; drain. Cover and keep the boil warm.
- Meanwhile, over medium heat, in a large saucepan, melt the butter. Add garlic (minced) and cook till you can smell the aroma of garlic, within two minutes. Being careful and do not let the garlic turning brown. Stir in the cayenne pepper, pepper, salt, and flour. Decrease heat, and cook, constantly stirring within two minutes. Over medium heat, add the half-and-half and stir within about three minutes or till slightly thickened.
- Add the Parmesan cheese and cream cheese to the sauce and stir till the mixture is smooth and the cheese melts. Mix in the crabmeat and keep cooking within about three minutes or till it heated through.
- Divide the fettucine between two bowls or plates and use the crab sauce to top.
Learn More: 17 Best And Natural Anti-Allergy Foods
4. Healthy Crab Recipes – Delaware Blue Crab Boil
This is also one of the best healthy crab recipes that we would like to introduce in the article today.
Prepare Delaware blue crabs and boil in exotic spices. Add the vegetables you like, and treat yourself to a great tasty crab feast!
- 30 live, hard-shell blue crabs
- 1/2 bunch parsley
- 2 sprigs sage
- 3 sprigs dill
- 10 sprigs thyme
- 2 sprigs rosemary
- 1 tbsp. red pepper flakes
- 2 tbsps paprika
- 2 tbsps chili powder
- 2 tbsps cumin seed
- 2 tbsps mustard seed
- 2 tbsps dill seed
- Crush the cumin, mustard, and dill seed in a spice grinder or with a pestle and mortar. Add spices to a five-gallon stockpot along with parsley, sage, dill, thyme, rosemary, red pepper flakes, paprika, and chili powder. Fill 3/4 of the pot full with water, and boil it over high heat.
- Add blue crabs to the pot and cover it, and boil till within about twenty minutes or till the whole shell turns red and the meat are not translucent any more. Occasionally stir the crabs when they boil to make sure to cook evenly.
5. Healthy Crab Recipes – Creamy Crab And Pasta Salad
In this delicious chilled salad, pasta and crabmeat would be tossed with a seasoned sauce (creamy). This is also one of the most delicious healthy crab recipes that we would like to introduce in the article today. This salad would make you do not even feel that you are eating greens and veggies yet a creamy dish!
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 1/2 cup diced green bell pepper
- 1/2 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1 pound cooked crabmeat
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tbsp. chopped fresh dill
- 1 tbsp. honey mustard
- 1 tbsp. lemon juice
- 1/2 cup light mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup light sour cream
- 1 (12 ounces) package uncooked pasta shells
- Boil a large pot filled with lightly salted water. Cook the pasta shells within about ten to twelve minutes, till al dente, and drain.
- In a bowl, blend the dill, honey mustard, lemon juice, mayonnaise, and sour cream. Use pepper and salt to season.
- Toss together the green onions, green bell pepper, red bell pepper, crabmeat, sour cream mixture, and cooked pasta within a large bowl,. Cover and chill till you serve the dish.
6. Pineapple And Crab Pizza
This is a very delicious and simple to make pizza recipes to make with unusual yet tasty flavors. You would be addicted!
- 1 package (8 ounces) light cream cheese, cubed
- 1 can (8 ounces) pineapple chunks, drained and roughly chopped
- 1 cup canned pizza sauce
- 2 cans (6 ounces) crabmeat, drained and flaked
- 2 cans (10 ounces) refrigerated pizza dough
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees C (400 degrees F). Grease a cookie sheet or pizza pan.
- Spread both cans of dough out to cover the prepared pan, sealing any seams. Spread over the crust a thin pizza sauce layer, and dot with some cubes of cream cheese. Sprinkle over shredded crabmeat, and then pieces of pineapple.
- The preheated oven, bake within twelve to fifteen minutes, till the crust is browned lightly.
7. Healthy Crab Recipes – Easy Crab Pasta Salad
This is actually a creamy pasta salad and it is always a perfect thing for your family to serve in important gatherings. Like its name, easy crab pasta salad is very simple to prepare and process as there are just some easy to find ingredients.
- 1 tbsp. chopped fresh dill
- 2 tbsps chopped fresh chives
- 1 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1 package (8 ounces) imitation crabmeat, coarsely chopped – or more to taste
- 1 can (8 ounce) water chestnuts, chopped
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen peas, thawed
- 1 package (12 ounces) rotini pasta
- Boil a large pot full with lightly salted water; at a boil, cook the rotini within about 8 minutes or till it is tender yet firm enough to the bite; drain and rinse under cold water.
- Combine chives, mayonnaise, imitation crabmeat, water chestnuts, peas, and dill in a large bowl; stir till all ingredients are evenly mixed. Add cool pasta and mix till things are well-coated.
8. Healthy Crab Recipes – Jillena's Crab Hush Puppies
This is actually a delicious, healthy, and very simple to make appetizer! This dish is a little bit similar to a Southern hush puppy but made with real, tasty crab meat! You should better serve this dish with cocktail and tarter sauce or a hot cheese dip. Your husband and kids will stand near your oven from the start to wait for this dish because of its irresistibly fragrance. In fact, Jillena's crab hush puppies is actually one of the most wonderful healthy crab recipes that we would like to introduce in the article today!
- 1 quart vegetable oil, or as needed
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 onion, diced
- 1/2 pound crabmeat
- 1 (15 ounces) can cream-style corn
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 cup self-rising cornmeal
- 1 cup self-rising flour
- Mix together eggs, onion, crabmeat, corn, pepper, garlic salt, cornmeal, and self-rising flour in a bowl; allow it to sit within ten minutes.
- In a large saucepan or a deep-fryer saucepan, heat the oil to 185 degrees C (365 degrees F).
- Into the hot oil, drop six to eight tbsp.-sized balls of batter; fry within about four or five minutes or till golden brown. Use a slotted spoon to remove hush puppies and have they drained on paper towel-lined plate. Repeat with the rest batter.
9. Healthy Crab Recipes – Hearty Crab Pizza
This is a tasty pizza for those loving to serve crab meat with healthy ingredients and a special sauce! Fat-free cheese and light butter substitute nicely.
- dried Italian seasoning, or to taste
- 1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup whole kernel corn
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 1 package (8 ounces) imitation crabmeat, chopped
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 tbsp. grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tbsp. dried oregano
- 1 tbsp. dried basil
- 1 tbsp. minced garlic
- 1/2 onion, minced
- 3 tbsps butter
- 1 pre-baked pizza crust
- 1/2 teaspoon corn meal
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees C (400 degrees F). Prepare a pan, grease it and sprinkle corn meal into it.
- Poke many holes into the crust of the pizza and put into the pizza pan you prepared and grease before.
- Bake in the oven that is preheated within about five minutes or till crust is heated through. Take the pizza crust out and turn oven heat down to 205 degrees C (400 degrees F).
- Over medium-high heat, melt butter in a saucepan; cook and stir garlic and onion in hot butter within about five minutes or till the onion is tender. Stir Parmesan cheese, oregano, and basil into garlic and onion. Over pizza crust, evenly spread the onion mixture; top with half a cup of mozzarella cheese (shredded).
- Over medium-high heat, in the saucepan, heat imitation crab within about two minutes or till warmed through. Over pizza, sprinkle imitation crab, followed by corn kernels and tomato. Use the rest 1.5 cup of mozzarella cheese to top the pizza. Use Italian seasoning to season.
- Bake in the hot oven within about ten to twenty till the crust is golden brown and the cheese is melted.
10. Quinoa Crab Salad
This is a very delicious and healthy salad that you can serve for dinner and lunch! Imitation crab can be used for making this dish. It is best if made the night before.
- 2 tbsps balsamic vinegar, or more to taste
- 2 tbsps lemon juice
- 1/2 cup Greek salad dressing
- 1 cup fat-free feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 cup sliced grape tomatoes
- 1 cup diced cucumber
- 1 pound finely chopped cooked crabmeat
- 2/3 cup quinoa
- 1 1/3 cups water
- Bring quinoa and water to a boil in a saucepan. Use medium-low heat to simmer the covered saucepan within fifteen to twenty minutes till the water has been absorbed and the quinoa is tender. Allow the quinoa to completely cool.
- In a large bowl, mix feta cheese, tomatoes, cucumber, and crabmeat together; add quinoa and stir. Whisk together in a separate bowl with balsamic vinegar, lemon juice, and Greek salad dressing; drizzle and stir to coat the quinoa mixture.
11. Healthy Crab Recipes – Key West Crab Salad
This is one of the most delicious and healthy crab recipes that people should try. It is made from spinach and fresh crab meat. Shrimp or tuna could be well-substituted for the crab meat.
- 1 teaspoon fresh chopped tarragon
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 tbsps balsamic vinegar
- 3 tbsps orange juice
- 1/2 teaspoon orange zest
- 2 (6 ounces) cans crabmeat
- 1 red onion, sliced in rings
- 2 large oranges, peeled and segmented
- 1 cup finely shredded cabbage
- 2 cups leaf lettuce – rinsed, dried and torn into bite-size pieces
- 3 cups fresh spinach – rinsed, dried and torn into bite-size pieces
- In a large bowl, combine onions, oranges, cabbage, lettuce, and spinach. Add crabmeat, and toss gently till everything is well-combined. Set aside.
- In a small jar which has a tight-fitting lid, combine tarragon, oil, vinegar, orange juice, and orange zest. Cover, and shake till the ingredients are mixed well.
- Pour orange dressing to top the spinach salad, and toss gently till it coats the salad well.
12. Healthy Crab Recipes – Crabbies
This recipe belongs to my mother and every kid will love it, like me when I was a child! This dish is very delicious, cheesy, and crabby! You could also try freezing the mixture if you desire, and then thaw and use when you need.
- 8 English muffins, split
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 8 ounces cooked crabmeat
- 2/3 (5 ounces) container sharp processed cheese spread
- 1/4 cup margarine, softened
- Preheat the oven on the broiler setting.
- Mix together cheese spread and margarine in a medium bowl. Stir in parsley, garlic powder, mayonnaise, and crabmeat. Spread this mix on the split English muffins and put them onto a cookie sheet.
- Broil till the cheesy mix becomes bubbly.
13. Southwestern Crabcakes
There is a great hint of the Southwest in the cakes filled with crab-meat. This is actually a healthy, fabulous dinner that could be served well with salsa, sour cream, and a side salad. It is also among the most wonderful and healthy crab recipes people should try right from now if they love crab – a wonderful gift from the ocean!
- 1/4 cup olive oil, or as needed
- 1 (16 ounces) can lump crabmeat, drained
- 3/4 cup soft bread crumbs
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 cup minced poblano pepper
- 1/2 cup canned yellow corn
- 1 egg white, beaten
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- In a large bowl, stir the egg white and sour cream together. Stir in the poblano pepper or corn, and season with chili powder, cumin, and cayenne pepper. Mix in the crabmeat and bread crumbs till the ingredients are all blended well. Shape into ten patties about half an inch in thickness.
- Over medium-high heat, heat the oil in a large skillet. Cook the crabmeat cakes four or five at a time till the meat turns browned on 2 sides within ten minutes. Use a lid to cover the pan while frying so that the patties would be able to be heated through. Use paper towels to drain, and eat right away.
14. Healthy Crab Recipes – Crabmeat And Asparagus Soup
It is a combination of extremely delicious flavors that can work effectively together. It is surprising that this recipe seems to appear online somewhere (not this site) and I left out the exotic things and took the base (I cannot identify or get) and after that, expounded on it. This dish comes from Vietnam. It has an extremely light and healthy flavor. This is also one of the best healthy crab recipes that everyone should try right from today.
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 cup diced firm tofu
- 1 cup chopped fresh spinach
- 1 tbsp. oyster sauce
- 2 tbsps fish sauce
- 2 (6 ounces) cans crabmeat, drained and flaked
- 1 (10 ounces) can asparagus tips, drained
- Combine the garlic, oregano, tofu, spinach, fish sauce, crabmeat, and asparagus in a slow cooker. Fill with a sufficient amount of water to cover by approximately two inches. Cover and cook over high heat for forty-five minutes, or till you notice the fragrance and the spinach has been dramatically cooked down.
15. Healthy Crab Recipes – Caribbean Crabmeat Salad
This is a very refreshing and light salad, and a very exotic combination of flavors, and it is also one of the best healthy crab recipes that you should try right from today!
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 tbsp. honey
- 2 tbsps olive oil
- 3 tbsps fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon lime zest
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
- 2 tbsps chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 mango – peeled, seeded, and cubed
- 1 red bell pepper, julienned
- 1 (8 ounces) package imitation crabmeat, flaked
- 3 cups uncooked rotini pasta
- Boil a large pot full with lightly salted water. Add pasta and cook until al dente or within eight or ten minutes; drain and wash under cold running water.
- Place jalapeno, cilantro, mango, red pepper, crabmeat, and pasta into a large bowl and place aside.
- Whisk lime juice, lime zest, ginger, cumin, honey, olive oil, and salt together in a small bowl. Pour the sauce over the salad and coat it by tossing and allow it to sit in the fridge for 1 hour at least before you serve the dish.
16. Healthy Crab Recipes – Crab Stuff
This is also one of the most delicious and good-for-health delight. You can increase the ingredients depending on certain portions for more servings as desired.
- 1/8 cup grated fat-free Parmesan cheese
- 1/8 cup 1% milk
- 1/8 cup chicken broth
- 2 ounces green bell pepper, diced
- 1/8 pound crabmeat
- 2 tbsps onion, diced
- 1 tbsp. butter
- 1/2 cup frozen green peas
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup uncooked white rice
- Boil water in a saucepan. Add frozen peas and rice, and then stir them well. Reduce heat and bring the water back to a boil. Get it covered and simmered within twenty minutes.
- Melt butter in a medium skillet, as well as adding some minced garlic and diced onion. Saute till the onions are transparent. Add crab to mix and saute briefly. Stir in parmesan, milk, and bell peppers chicken broth.
- Bring to a boil and after that, turn off the heat. Consume this dish with rice when it is still hot.
After reading this article and learning step by step how to cook some delicious, healthy crab recipes, another thing that all of you and other readers of VKool.com to do is to spend time reading another article that introduces people how to cook dishes from salmon – another common seafood material – the List Of 12 Easy, Healthy Salmon Dishes Recipes For People At All Ages! article. This is actually an interesting writing – a full combination of the best and the most delicious food dishes made from salmon – a very good and nutritious food material everyone should try and make at home to improve the family’s nutrient intakes. These salmon recipes are already successfully processed by several women in the world, so readers of VKool should make use of these recipes for good.
This is the list of 16 best healthy crab recipes, which people who love seafood, especially, crabmeat should try to add this material to the family’s daily diet and receive all benefits that crab brings about for good. Actually, crab has been considered one of the most nutritious and well-known food materials that people can use to add to many delicious dishes, so you and other readers will love it. These crab recipes are actually provided by several people, so you should start using crabmeat right from today to cook the dish you like most in this list of healthy crab recipes.
After reading this list of healthy crab recipes, if you feel that this list is very useful for you and even other people you know, then you should advise them to try these healthy crab recipes together with them. In addition, as an author of VKool, I always want to know all of my readers’ opinions so that do not forget to leave your feedbacks and comments below. You can also share your own recipes in the comment section below. You will not be disappointed because we will give you the best replication soon.
Related articles about simple homemade recipes that are all easy to make and taste very delicious:
Want More Content Like This In Your Inbox?
- How to cure rosacea naturally at home – 7 tips
- Top 26 benefits of black seeds for health
- How to remove calluses from feet and fingers naturally
- Cellulite the natural care review – is it trustable to view?
- 15 inner thigh exercises at home for men and women
- 5 Ways To Use Baking Soda For Diaper Rash Treatment
- 7 Health Benefits Of Buffalo Milk For Skin And Bone
- 10 Beauty Uses For Witch Hazel You Should Know