Are you looking for a healthy diet for acne treatment without using any drug or pill? Do you want to know to how get rid of acne naturally and quickly just by following a healthy diet plan? Recently, VKool.com made a writing of top 20 tips for maintaining a healthy diet for acne treatment. This writing is a collection of delicious food recipes for acne skin, natural diet for acne cure, and easy to understand diet tips and methods. However, this writing is not intended to give medical advice, so make sure that you will consult with your medical practitioner before following the healthy diet for acne presented in this article.
The Healthy Diet For Acne Treatment
Acne is a common problem especially in puberty until 30-40 year olds, due to increased secretion of the sebaceous glands accompanied by inflammation in the sebaceous follicle system. In clinical practice, acne has many types depending on the severity of inflammation, complex causes, persistent progression and more. Although not dangerous, but in terms of aesthetics, it affects to the psychosocial, so it needs to be treated comprehensively and rationally to get a good result. Here is a healthy diet for acne treatment that you can follow easily.
1. Eat Fish Oil
Eat plenty of fish. Omega 3 fats found in fish are not only good for your health but also help prevent the outbreak of acne spots. Omega 3 is most abundant in salmon, cod or tuna. Along with some other marine fishes such as mackerel, herring … Salmon contains omega 3 fatty acids that help reverse the appearance of acne on the skin. In addition, you can get omega 3 fatty acids from other natural sources such as cauliflower, brussels sprouts, shrimp, tofu, soybeans, beef, salmon, sardines, walnuts, flaxseeds, marjoram, grape leaves, oregano, basil, and more.
2. Add Vitamins
To build an effective diet for acne treatment, you should eat more foods that contain vitamin A and vitamin B. It is very hard to treat all acne types without using some vitamins such as vitamin A, and vitamin B5. Vitamin A is proven to give good results in the treatment of acne. However, if you use them for other purposes, such as use of vitamin A as a nutrient, you need to consult your doctor. In addition, you do not forget to eat plenty of fruits and vegetables.
You can get vitamin A and vitamin B5 from other natural sources such as:
- Vitamin A: tropical fruit (mango), cantaloupe melon, sweet potato (cooked), tuna fish (bluefin, cooked), dried apricots, sweet red peppers, squash (butternut, cooked), cos or romaine lettuce, spices (paprika, cayenne, chili powder), carrots (cooked), dark leafy greens (kale, cooked), liver (veal, cooked), kale (frozen, cooked), dried herbs (mint), fresh herbs (parsley), and more
- Vitamin B5 (Pantothenic Acid): mushrooms (shiitake, cooked), beef and veal (veal shoulder, cooked), avocados, cheese (gjetost), oily fish (trout, cooked), lean pork (sirloin, cooked), sunflower seeds, chicken and turkey (chicken drumstick, cooked), sweet potato (baked), sunflower seeds, liver (chicken, cooked), sun dried tomatoes, baker’s yeast, bran (rice), whey (dried), yeast extract (marmite), spices (paprika), mushrooms (shiitake, cooked), wheat germ, and more
3. Take Zinc
Eggs, cereal or fungi are abundant food sources that contain zinc. Zinc helps strengthen the body's resistance, help the immune system to “fight” with acne in the most effective and natural way. In addition, you can get zinc from other natural sources such as:
- Seafood (cooked oysters)
- Pork and chicken (cooked lean pork shoulder)
- Mushrooms (cooked white mushrooms)
- Beef & lamb (cooked lean beef shortribs)
- Pumpkin and squash seeds
- Cocoa & chocolate (cocoa powder)
- Wheat germ (toasted)
- Nuts (cashews)
- Pumpkin & squash seeds (roasted)
- Beans (cooked mung beans)
- Oysters (cooked)
- Veal liver (cooked)
- Dark chocolate
- Peanuts (roasted)
- Lamb (lean, cooked)
- Dried herbs & spices (chervil), and more
See more: How To Prevent Acne On Face Naturally
4. Take Vitamin F
To maintain a healthy diet for acne treatment, you should eat more foods that contain vitamin F. Foods rich in vitamin F (unsaturated fatty acids) would have a protective effect on the skin, create the elasticity, and maintain the smooth skin; thereby reducing wrinkles and helping people be young longer. Vitamin F is found in vegetable oils such as soybean oil, peanut oil, and sesame oil. In addition, you can get vitamin F from other natural sources such as: fish, wheat germ & avocado, nuts (pecans, walnuts & peanuts), herbs (borage, primrose and perilla), seeds (chia seeds, pumpkin seeds, grape seed, safflower, flaxseed & sunflower seeds), and more
See more: Acne Cured Book
5. Protein Rich Foods
To keep the beauty, the meal should be rich in protein to help the body have enough blood, get a ruddy skin, aid in bone development, and maintain long silky hair. Lack of protein will affect to the development and operation of the body. Protein is found in meat, eggs, milk, unpolished rice, peanuts, sesame, soy, fish and seafood. In addition, you can get protein from other natural sources such as:
- Turkey breast
- Chicken breast
- Beans (mature soy beans)
- Cheese (non-fat mozzarella)
- eggs (especially egg whites)
- Pork loin (chops)
- Lean beef & veal (low fat)
- Nuts & seeds (pumpkin, squash, peanuts, watermelon seeds, almonds)
- Dry roasted soy beans
- Parmesan cheese
- Lamb (shoulder), and more
6. Eat More Fruits And Vegetables
In your daily menu, you need to add fruits and vegetables into it because they are rich in vitamins, minerals, and fiber that help the body to absorb, metabolize and promote better digestion.
- Cabbage: cabbage contains antioxidants (goitrin) and iron that helps transfer oxygen to nourish your skin. At the same time, cabbages are rich in vitamin A and E that help prevent the occurrence of acne.
- Seeds, bulbs, such as peanuts, and bean: these seeds and bulbs contain vitamin E, cephalin and lecithin, which help prevent the aging of skin, make skin be beautiful and maintain a healthy skin.
- The vegetables and red fruits (red peppers): these foods are very rich in vitamin A and E that help to balance, heal skin cells from the inside, and make skin always smooth. Drinking daily a glass of tomato juice or carrot juice or regularly using carrots and tomatoes as daily food ingredients will have preventive effects on freckles and make skin soft.
- Potatoes: potato contains many vitamins and lycopene, which help promote new skin cell reproduction, fade the dark pigment in the skin and reduce the risk of skin cancer. Potatoes are used to mask for removing freckles: select 2-3 potatoes washed and peeled. Cut the potatoes into small pieces, put into a blender. Mix potato juice with milk (1/3 potato water) and powder makeup. Apply the mixture to your face, wash after 20 minutes.
- Orange: the orange juice contains vitamin C, iron, calcium … Regularly, drinking orange juice not only helps whiten skin but also fade black pigment under the skin, thereby eliminating freckles. In addition, you should drink plenty of water (1.5 liters per day), eat a wide range of fresh fruits and vegetables to keep your skin moisturized and provided the necessary vitamins.
- Lettuce: Lettuce is one of best ingredients you should add into your daily diet for acne treatment. This vegetable is considered as a good herb, in addition to work effectively in curing cough and reducing fever, lettuce also is effective for fighting against bacterial infections, improving resistance and cooling the skin. Thus, lettuce is very effective in treating acne or pimples. You can use lettuce leaves by cleaning your face, grab some washed lettuce leaves, pound, patch the acne before bed and wash your hair in the morning. With this method, you need to wash lettuce leaves before applying on the skin.
- Watercress: If you already know the benefits of watercress for skin, then replace the usual vegetables by eating watercress regularly. Because in addition to providing much needed nutrients with high content, the extract of watercress is very useful in treating acne. You just need to mix the gel from watercress with honey, rub on your face, and then let it dry and then wash, twice a day to treat freckles. In addition, you can pound watercress, and then you apply it onto the wounds, boils clusters, eczema, scabies and other skin diseases. It was found that the watercress oil has antibacterial ability, and inhibits many bacteria that cause pimples.
- Squash: In medicine, squash is also known as frozen fruit. Squash contains high levels of vegetable oils, polyunsaturated fat that are very beneficial for the skin and hair. Many people often take the rinse squash, peeled, seeded, drink squash water or apply onto the skin. This treatment helps treat acne and make skin smooth.
- Sweet potatoes: Do not think that only sweet potato works for acne skin treatment. Even potato leaves also are very useful in the acne treatment. It helps suck the broken pus and boils using small sweet potato leaves, green beans, add salt and crush, wrap up this mixture into the fabric and apply onto acne. In addition, sweet potatoes are rich in mucoprotein, vitamin C, and vitamin A. Eating sweet potatoes has cholesterol-lowering effects, decreases accumulation of fat under the skin, is good for breathing, spleen, stomach, kidney, and makes beautiful skin effectively.
Learn more: Anti Inflammatory Herbs And Foods For Acne Skin
7. Limit Adding Some Foods Into Your Daily Diet Plan
- Milk: milk is always a valuable source of food and an especial good for children but it does not bring the desired results for those who are in the age of puberty, especially those who currently have acne. Whether not fat milk or whole milk, components of milk always contain some basic hormones that support for the development of acne spots. However, you do not necessarily have to remove completely milk. You can use a cup of coffee with cream or a glass of soymilk.
- Sugar: many nutritionists believe that the habit of using too much sugar causes acne becoming worse. Chocolate, candy or drinks containing sugar are not good. You should make a gradual decrease of sugar that you often use every day. Excess sugar will enhance the activity of the sebaceous glands under the skin and when they extract outside, they will cause clogged pores and acne. Besides, the use of foods high in sugar will accelerate the aging process of skin, making the skin become wrinkled, appearing freckles, melasma, dermatitis, … Although not to completely eliminate sugar out of the diet, but you need to control the amount of sugar in your diet every day.
- Foods high in fat: The excessive fat makes activities of sebaceous glands stronger, increase the sebum in the pores causing acne prone skin. So, you should limit eating fried, smoked meats, soft cheeses because these foods reduce the blood flow under the skin, and prevent sweating through the pores.
- Caffeine: coffee, chocolate, tea are the common foods in the menu of modern women, but caffeine in foods, beverages, if absorbed than 300mg/day will make your skin dry, cause acne and premature aging. Coffee also makes the blood vessels in the body enlarge and leave the red capillaries on the face.
- Alcohol: Alcohol consumption, alcoholic beverages are harmful for the skin. Alcohol will destroy the vitamins A, B, C in the body, causing dry skin, and prevent providing nutrients to the skin. Therefore, you need to give up your alcohol drinking for treating acne and other health problems
- Spicy foods: Spicy foods can reduce the hygroscopic, reduce the moisture on the skin, and make the skin become rough. Eating too much spicy foods will cause irritation to the skin, make skin be hot and be easy to have acne. Those people who have dry skin should limit salty foods, hot foods and fleshy foods.
8. Drink Lots Of Water
Probably everyone knows that water is good for the body and as well as for your skin. Drinking enough water per day helps your skin improve dry condition, and become always fresh. In addition, believers can squeeze lemon into a glass of water to drink to detox the liver.
9. Drink Green Tea
Green tea is great for your skin. Green tea is one of the best ingredients that you can add into your diet for acne treatment. Green tea has anti-inflammatory and anti-acne properties. It is best to drink 1-2 cups of green tea regularly per day. However, drinking too much is not good. It will reduce the amount of sugar in the blood.
10. Eat Tofu
Tofu helps beautify the skin. Tofu is a protein rich food in acne treatment. Therefore, tofu is one of the best ingredients that you can add into your diet for acne treatment. In addition, beans contain calcium, unsaturated fats, antioxidants and iron that help skin become smooth and soft.
11. Oat Milk
To have clear skin without acne, this is the perfect choice to replace cow's milk if your skin is in the process of treating acne. Oats are rich in Celulose, lactose, vitamin E and folic acid that help maintain a healthy and smooth skin.
Today many types of acne cream are extracted from the herb thanks to their inflammatory effects and anti-oxidant properties. If taken regularly, artichoke will help you improve and enhance the health of your skin.
Vitamin E found in cucumbers can promote the separation of the cells, thereby slowing the aging process of the skin. In addition, the oil in cucumber (gel) also works to attract ultraviolet rays. Therefore, using cucumber mask up to your face will help fade acne freckles, acne papules, and wrinkles.
Pressed cucumber tastes fresh, sweet and easy to drink. It also has the capable of preventing the development and formation of pterygium. The teenage girls should eat or drink a lot of water melon cucumber pressed because vitamins and amino acids in cucumber is particularly effective in helping to whiten and protect your skin from the effects of ultraviolet rays.
There are many methods of making beauty from carrots such as using the carrot juice to cleanse face before bed. This way will help clean acne skin, and help your skin become natural pink and white. Each week, you should drink 2-3 cups of carrot juice regularly because it will help treat freckles and make skin brighter. Until now, carrot is still regarded as one of the effective acne treatment foods that work quickly in nourishing the skin.
15. Red Apple Juice And Wood Ear Mushroom
Wood ear mushroom 30 grams soaked to bloom then washed, 20 dried red apple fruits seeded, then bring both these ingredients into a saucepan, add 3 bowls of water, boil and then simmer for half of an hour. Drink once per day after breakfast will give you the better results in treating and eradicating acne and dark spots on the skin. In addition, red apple has the ability to prevent aging skin and help skin look fresh and young.
16. Tomato Juice
Every day, drinking a cup of tomato pressed or regularly eating tomatoes will be very effective for treating acne, pigmentation and preventing freckles. Tomatoes are rich in vitamin C that can inhibit the formation of melanin, help skin be smooth white and remove the appearance of blackheads.
17. Lemon Juice
Lemon is rich in vitamin C, vitamin B, calcium, phosphorus, and iron that help prevent acne skin. In addition, lemon juice also helps smooth the skin, prevent aging, and fade bruises. If you regularly drink the lemon juice, it will help prevent and fight arterial sclerosis.
18. Red Grapes
Red grapes contain natural antioxidants that have beneficial effects in the treatment of dermatitis and psoriasis. Besides, red grape has also antihistamines, thus it helps protect your skin that is vulnerable to irritation.
19. Carrot Fennel Cucumber Salad Recipe For Acne Treatment
Ingredients to make 2 servings
- 3 thinly sliced organic carrots
- 1/2 thinly sliced fennel bulb
- 1/2 thinly sliced cucumber
- 1/2 cup of chopped fresh parsley
- 2 Tbsp of freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp of canola oil
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Sea salt
- You combine cucumber, carrots, fennel, and parsley in the large bowl.
- You mix canola oil, lemon juice, pepper and salt in the container with a securable lid
- You tighten lid and shake.
- You pour dressing over this salad and toss gently.
20. Chicken And Apple Salad Recipe For Acne Treatment
Ingredients to make 2 servings
- 1 1/2 cups of cooked chicken, diced
- 1/2cup of grapes, halved
- 1/4 cup of celery, diced
- 1 1/2 tbsp of red onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup of organic apples, diced
- 3 tbsp of extra light mayonnaise
- 1 tsp of lemon juice
- Lettuce leaves
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- You combine the first 5 ingredients in your large bowl.
- In a smaller bowl, you combine mayonnaise, salt & pepper and lemon juice.
- You stir into the chicken mix.
- You arrange the lettuce leaves on 2 serving plates and you top with chicken salad.
To see all of our writings about healthy diet for acne, pimples & other skin problems and a lot of other healthy diets, go to our main Diet page. After reading the writing of top 20 tips for maintaining a healthy diet for acne treatment that are easy to understand and follow, hope that this writing helps you understand more about benefits of fruits, herbs and vegetables on dealing with acne skin. However, this writing is solely for the informational purpose and it is not intended to give medical advice. If you have any question, or you know other tips for keeping a healthy diet for acne treatment, please leave them below.
Want More Content Like This In Your Inbox?
- 10 Best Delicious Kale Juice Recipes For Weight Loss
- 14 Easy Home Remedies For Fair Skin For Men & Women In Summer
- How to get healthy nails naturally fast at home – 20 proven ways
- How to get rid of bed bug bites on your skin naturally – 20 tips
- 10 natural home remedies for PCOS infertility
- Top 33 different types of skin infections in children
- Ageless mobility program review – is the fitness guide good?
- Ultimate pull-up workout review – does this program work?