It is obvious that breakfast and dinner are the two most important meals of our day. A healthy breakfast can jump start your brain, increase your metabolism and boost your energy level for the rest of the morning. As a matter of fact, those who skip breakfast are more likely to weigh more than those who do not. Besides, having the right and early dinner at the end of the day can help you provide your body with the sufficient amount of nutrients, help you sleep better and feel better. Therefore, it is necessary to create the fun of having breakfast and dinner by finding the best healthy food choices & recipes that are good yet mouthwatering. In this article, you will discover some of the healthy food choices for breakfast and dinner for your family to enjoy together every day.
I.Healthy Food Choices For Breakfast
1. Whole Wheat Pancakes
Pancakes, which are usually forbidden because of their negative effects on our health, now become one of healthy food choices thanks to whole wheat flour and eggs. Moreover, they are even more delicious with a good texture and flavor because of the cinnamon and flaxseed.
– 10 minutes to prepare.
– 14 minutes total.
– 6 servings.
– 1 cup of whole wheat pastry flour or white whole wheat flour.
– 6 teaspoons of buttermilk powder.
– A quarter cup of ground flaxseed.
– 1 teaspoon of baking powder.
– 1 teaspoon of baking soda.
– Half a teaspoon of ground cinnamon.
– 1 egg.
– One and a half cups of water.
– 2 teaspoon of canola oil.
– Create a combination of buttermilk powder, flour, baking powder, flaxseed, salt, cinnamon and baking soda in a large bowl. Stir these ingredients up to mix them together. In another bowl, use a fork to beat the egg, adding oil and water in it. Then add in the mixture you have just made. Whisk, do not beat, the mixture until everything combines. Set it aside for about 5 minutes.
– Use a griddle and heat it over medium high heat. When you are done, turn off the heat. Use a cooking spray to cover the griddle then turn the heat back to the previous temperature. After that, scoop a quarter cup of the batter and pour it on the griddle to create many different circles, making the pancakes.
– Start to cook for about 2 minutes or until the bottoms under the pancakes start turning brown and bubbles start to occur on the tops. You can adjust the heat if you need to. After that, flip the pancakes and let them cook for 2 more minutes or until they are cooked through. If you find the bottoms turning brown too fast, reduce the heat right away. Repeat this step until you finish cooking all the pancakes. Then you can serve while they are still hot or wait for them to cool down for freezing.
2. Ginger And Mango Smoothie
You can always prepare this the night before and put it in the refrigerator overnight, then you will have a fast, simple and healthy food choice in the next morning. It gives a creamy, thick texture thanks to the tofu and vanilla yogurt. Moreover, there is a sweet and subtle flavor because of the ginger, cardamom and mango.
– 5 minutes to prepare.
– 10 minutes total.
– 2 servings.
– 1 cup of vanilla yogurt which contains a low amount of fat.
– Half a mango, peeled and chopped.
– 4 ounces of soft tofu.
– 2 teaspoons of ground flaxseed.
– 1 teaspoon of ginger, finely chopped and crystallized.
– 1 teaspoon of flaxseed oil.
– Put the mango, yogurt, flaxseed, tofu, oil, cardamom and ginger together in a blender. Start to blend the mixture until you receive a smooth texture.
3. Open Faced Broiled Egg, Tomato, Spinach Sandwich
If you have a habit of buying drive thru egg sandwich at some fast food restaurants, drop it. Instead, try to make this healthy food choice which is easy to prepare right at the comfort of your own house. Moreover, this dish uses hard boiled eggs, so it is unnecessary to soil a pan.
Tomatoes and spinach provide your body precious antioxidants and vitamins. The protein contained in the egg and the fiber contained in whole wheat muffin will keep you feel fuller & longer for the rest of the morning.
– 10 minutes to prepare.
– 13 minutes total.
– 1 serving.
– Half of a whole wheat English muffin.
– A quarter cup of cooked, squeezed dry fresh spinach.
– 1 slice of tomato.
– 1 egg, hard boiled, slice width wise.
– 1 teaspoon of mayonnaise that contains omega 3.
– Seasoning blend that contains no salt.
– Place half of the English muffin on a foil sheet or a toaster oven pan. Put the tomato slice and spinach on top of it. After that, place the egg slices on top of each other. Then cover the egg slices using the mayonnaise. Sprinkle the seasoning on top of it until you are satisfied with the taste.
– Next, start to put the dish under the broiler for about 3 minutes. Try to watch carefully and get it out right when the mayonnaise starts to turn brown.
II. Healthy Food Choices For Dinner
Here are some meals for dinner that will definitely save you sometimes to prepare and satisfy your family members with their wonderful taste. Moreover, these meals will also help you prevent diabetes!
1. Shellfish And Sausage Chowder
Kale, which contains a large amount of antioxidant, and beans, which stable your blood sugar as well as contain fiber and calcium that help you lose weight, are what make this dish a totally one of healthy food choices.
– 20 minutes to prepare.
– 40 minutes total.
– 4 servings.
– 1 teaspoon of olive oil.
– 4 cups of kale, finely chopped.
– 1 cup of onion, chopped.
– 1 rib of finely chopped celery.
– 3 ounces of chicken sausage, fully cooked and chopped.
– 4 cloves of minced garlic.
– 1 cup of clam juice.
– 12 scrubbed little neck clams.
– 12 debearded and scrubbed mussels.
– 1 teaspoon of fresh thyme, finely chopped.
– 12 large, peeled, deveined shrimp.
– 2 and a half cups of cannellini beans, canned, rinsed as well as drained.
– 2 teaspoons of half and half.
– 1 to 2 teaspoons of fresh lemon juice.
– Lemon wedges.
– Half a teaspoon of red pepper flakes.
– Pour some oil in a 5 quart pot and heat it over medium heat. Add onion, kale, sausage and celery in it then start to cook. Stir the mixture up occasionally until they are soft enough. This process takes about 4 minutes. After that, add in garlic and continue to cook and stir for about a minute.
– Pour in some clam juice and one and a half cups of water then wait until it simmers. Stir in mussels, thyme and clams. When it starts to simmer, cover the pot and wait for 7 minutes. After that, add beans, half and half and shrimp. Wait for it to simmers until the mussels and clams start to open and the shrimp is properly cooked, which is 3 minutes longer. Season to see if the taste satisfies you. You can also use red pepper flakes and lemon juices. Then serve it with lemon wedges.
2. Tomato And Eggplant Pasta Bake
You will be satisfied about this dish thanks to the fiber contained in the whole grain pasta as well as the vitamins contained in the vegetables.
– 15 minutes to prepare.
– 55 minutes total.
– 6 servings.
– 1 pound of eggplants, divided into small cubes.
– 1 pound of small, halved tomatoes.
– 1 large, coarsely chopped red bell pepper.
– 1 large, coarsely chopped onion.
– 8 ounces of whole wheat fusilli or quinoa rotelle.
– A quarter cup of basil pesto.
– 4 teaspoons of fresh basil, chopped.
– A quarter cup of Parmesan, finely grated.
– Heat the broiler. Cover a large baking sheet with olive oil. Place the tomatoes (with the cut side up), eggplant, onion and bell pepper on it. Spray olive oil on the vegetables then season them using a quarter teaspoon of each black pepper and salt. Broil and stir the vegetables (except the tomatoes) halfway through cooking. Keep doing so until the tomatoes start to become charred and give up the juices and the other vegetables turn golden brown and become tender. After that, wait about 5 minutes for tomatoes and 17 minutes for bell pepper, eggplant and onion.
– Bring the temperature in the oven up to 375 F degree. Prepare the pasta according to the package instructions. Drain and add them into a bowl along with the pesto, broiled vegetables and basil. Prepare a baking dish that is shallow and spoon the mixture into it then top the dish with cheese.
– Cover the dish with foil sheet then bake it for about 15 to 20 minutes. Finally, sprinkle on top with the remaining basil and serve.
Now, it’s time to end of this article of healthy food choices for breakfast and dinner. After reading this article, hope you will discover more healthy food choices for breakfast and dinner that boost weight loss as well as give you and your family better health.
If you find this article informative and useful, please let us know what you think by leaving a comment down the section below. If you have any questions related to this article, please do not hesitate to contact us any time you need.
Besides, there are also other food and recipe related articles from the site vkool , please make sure that you pay them a visit. We are sure that you will find something meaningful and useful to apply to your daily life.