Squid comes with many different names in other languages: Nal (Marathi), Kanava (Malayalam), Koonthal, Kanavai (Tamil), Oosi kanawa, Chobotnice (Czech), Pusit (Filipino), Calmar (French), Lula (Portugese), and Calmar (Spanish).
You can grill or fry squid in cooking oil either battered or plain as squid is just lip-smacking and irresistible! As you add squid to different dishes or serve this food item with assorted dips, it would never fail to satisfy your mouth and tongue. Squid belongs to the Loliginidae family and is typically marine cephalopods. Squid is eaten in most parts of South Asia and America. Besides, they can be used to make a well-known appetizer named squid; made by fry before dipping the squids in batter. Although these might be delicious food choices, they are not the best dishes for your health at all. Nevertheless, squid is quite nutritious when being consumed the right way. Whether squid can help a lot to lose weight, combat tumors or provide the body with nutrients, it offers a myriad of great benefits. To discover some simple ways to process squids, making delicious dishes with this food material, keep reading the article and the section below!
List Of The Best Healthy Squid Recipes – The Best Recipes:
In the article today, you and other readers of VKool.com would have chance to discover some of the best health recipes made with squid and step by step instructions with details. The healthy squid recipes you will learn in the section below are:
1. Healthy Squid Recipes – Banana Leaf Seafood
This is the very first one out on the list of the best healthy squid recipes that we would like to introduce in the article today and readers of VKool should spend time reading right away for good!
This kind of healthy squid recipes is spiced up with sambal belachan – an Asian chili paste – and if you omit it, it would not taste as good. Salmon, mussels, clams, etc. could be also added to the dish to replace squid.
- 1 banana leaf
- 1 pound squid, cleaned and sliced into rings
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tsp. fresh lime juice
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 tsp. curry powder
- 2 tsps. vegetable oil
- 2 tbsps. sambal belachan
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled and crushed
- 6 shallots, finely chopped
- In a non-reactive, medium-size bowl, mix salt, lime juice, cumin, curry powder, vegetable oil, sambal belachan, garlic, shallots, and pepper. Put squid in the combination. Cover, allow the dish to be marinated in the fridge 2 hours at least.
- Preheat at high heat an outdoor grill with it getting lightly oil grated.
- Grease the banana leaf lightly. Wrap the squids in the leaf, and put onto the prepared grill. Cook ten to fifteen minutes, till the squid is opaque and the leaf slightly gets charred.
Try the banana leaf seafood recipe right from today if you are a squid lover!
2. Healthy Squid Recipes – Paella Ii
This is actually a very delicious seafood dish and also among the best healthy squid recipes that you and other readers of VKool should try right away!
- 1 cup green peas
- 1 tsp. paprika
- 1 pinch saffron
- 3 cups long-grain white rice
- 2 tomatoes, cubed
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 pounds skinless, boneless chicken pieces cut into chunks
- 2 tbsps. olive oil
- 2 large squids, cleaned and sliced into rings
- 10 large shrimp
- 20 mussels, cleaned and debearded
- Boil the mussels in a pot that is full of lightly salted water till they open. Drain the mussels and throw away the unopened ones. In another pot of lightly salted water, boil the squids and the prawns till opaque, within about three to four minutes. Drain, reserve the liquid.
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil. Put pieces of chicken meat in the skillet. Fry chicken till they turn golden brown. Take the chicken pieces out from the skillet and set aside.
- Put tomato, peppers, and garlic cubes into the skillet that stored the chicken before. Fry the veggies till they turn soft.
- Bring three cups salted water and the fish stock to a boil and mix within three cups paprika, saffron, and rice. Bring to a boil again. Cover, lower the fire and simmer within fifty minutes or till the rice gets tender.
- Stir into the rice with the peas. Pour the rice mix into a large-size serving dish. Arrange the prawns, shellfish, chicken, and fried vegetables around the rice. Consume it hot.
Learn More: 17 Best And Natural Anti-Allergy Foods
3. Healthy Squid Recipes – Grammy's Squid Salad
This squid salad could be a great choice for your very next Christmas Eve dinner.
- 4 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 (2.25 ounces) can pitted black olives
- 3 pounds squid, cleaned and sliced into rounds
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 sprig fresh parsley, chopped
- 6 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 2 lemons, juiced
- Mix parsley, garlic, and lemon juice in a medium bowl. Use pepper and salt to season for taste.
- Bring a medium-size water pot to a boil. Stir in squid, and cook within three minutes, or till tender; drain.
- Toss celery, olives, and squid with the mixture of lemon juice. Cover, and chill in the fridge till you serve the dish.
Keep reading the article to discover more healthy squid recipes and learn step by step how to make some delicious and nutritious dishes from squids at home!
4. Healthy Squid Recipes – Warm Squid Salad
This is also among the best and most delicious healthy squid recipes that we would like to introduce in this entire article and readers should try making at home!
This dish could make a healthy dinner or lunch. However, the good news is that you can eat the leftovers cold, tossed with ingredients of salad, and you will find it even more delicious. Thus, if you are about to make the same recipe as follow, you should get it chilled instead.
- freshly ground black pepper and salt to taste
- 3 tbsps. fresh lemon juice, plus more for drizzling
- 1/3 cup olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- 1 (15 ounces) can cooked white beans, rinsed and drained
- 4 cups baby arugula, lightly packed
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- 1 jalapeno chile pepper, seeded and sliced
- 1 tsp. packed light brown sugar
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp. chipotle chile powder
- 1/2 tsp. red pepper flakes, plus a pinch for garnish
- 1 tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1 pound cleaned squid (tentacles and tubes)
- Cut in half larger tentacle pieces. Cut squid tubes into a quarter-inch rings. Put squid within a bowl. Add salt, jalapeno slices, brown sugar, cayenne pepper, chipotle powder, red pepper flakes, and oil. Mix thoroughly all ingredients together.
- Put beans and arugula in another bowl. Toss with pepper, salt, lemon juice, and olive oil. Separate among four servings bowls.
- Over high heat, heat cast iron skillet till smoking. Place squid to a skillet; cook and stir within two minutes or till the squid could lose its translucency. Remove right away from heat.
- Spoon squid over beans and arugula. Drizzle with lemon juice and olive oil. Use one pinch of pepper flakes to season for taste.
5. Healthy Squid Recipes – Squid And Rice
Rice, squid, and a large amount of garlic combine to create a tasty and simple dinner with kind of healthy squid recipes that can be prepared less than 30 minutes!
- 1/2 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 2 1/2 tsps. canned tomato paste
- 3 1/3 cups water
- 1 1/2 cups converted long-grain white rice
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 6 squid, cleaned and cut into 1/2 inch rings
- 6 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the garlic; cook and stir till fragrant, within 60 seconds. Place the squids into the dish and continue to cook and stir till everything is toasted. Pour in the white wine, stirring to release tiny pieces of food from the pan’s bottom. To reduce the liquid, simmer over medium heat within ten minutes.
- Add the tomato, water, and rice paste to the saucepan into a boil. Over low heat, cover and simmer within twenty minutes, till the water has been absorbed and the rice gets tender. You can also add water if necessary. Turn off the heat and add pepper and salt to season for taste before serving.
6. Healthy Squid Recipes – Easy Seafood Alfredo
This is a simple version of seafood alfredo and it is also among the best healthy squid recipes that we want readers to learn and try making at home. You can consume this dish with squid ink (black) pasta for a dramatic presentation. However, it could be made with normal pasta as well.
- 2 (8 ounces) packages imitation crabmeat, flaked
- ground black pepper to taste
- 1 tsp. dried parsley
- 1 tsp. dried basil
- 1 slice fat-free American cheese, torn into pieces
- 6 tbsps. grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup fat-free half-and-half
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp. butter
- 16 ounces uncooked black squid ink pasta
- Boil a large pot full of lightly salted water. Add pasta to the pot and cook it till al dente – within eight to ten minutes – and drain.
- Over medium heat, melt the butter in a skillet, and cook the garlic within one minute. Pour in the half-and-half and chicken broth. Cook and stir till everything is heated through.
- In the skillet, mix the American cheese and Parmesan cheese altogether. Cook and stir till the American cheese gets melted. Use pepper, parsley, and basil to season the mixture. Mix crabmeat into the imitation, and keep cooking till everything is heated through. Serve the dish as a topping for cooked pasta.
7. Healthy Squid Recipes – Foglie Chef Doogie's D'Autunno With Portobella Mushrooms And Chicken
Another one out on the list of the best healthy squid recipes that we want to introduce in the article today and show people who to make it at home is the D'Autunno with portobella mushrooms and chicken dish.
This is also known as Autumn Leaves, or Foglie D Autunno pasta, is from Italy’s heel region. You can choose the Castellana brand and people can purchase it from any food store. The tastes of this colorful pasta leaves are from tomatoes, spinach leaves, squid ink, carrot juice, and turmeric. This rendering of the pasta dish provides a clean taste that could make it really special. It would surely impress your guests and all family members.
- 1 (32 ounces) jar spaghetti sauce
- 1/2 cup Burgundy wine
- 1/4 cup Chardonnay wine
- 1 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp. rubbed sage
- 1 tsp. dried basil
- 1 tsp. dried thyme
- 2 portobello mushrooms, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 whole skinless, boneless chicken breast, cubed
- 1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbsps. olive oil
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 (16 ounces) package foglie d'autumn (autumn leaves) pasta
- Bring six quarts of unsalted water to boil in a large pot. Cook pasta till al dente before draining it well. Put the drained pasta back in the pot, add 1 tbsp. of olive oil and mix so that you would like to prevent the leaves from being sticked altogether. As the sauce is well-simmered, cover and keep warm.
- Warm the oven-safe dinner plates at 65 degree C (150 degree F).
- While the oven is warming, over medium high heat, heat two tbsps. of extra virgin olive oil in a 12 inch saute pan. Saute the minced garlic in the pan till you can smell the aromatic oils, within about 60 seconds. Add the chopped bell pepper and onion and saute within three minutes. Add the black pepper, salt, rubbed sage, dried basil, dried thyme, and cubed chicken breast. Cook till the chicken lost its natural pink color (due to blood). Add pasta sauce together with the Burgundy and Chardonnay wines and heat till bubbling. Cook Portobella mushroom pieces in the pan till the combination has reduced and turns hot and thick.
- For serving, on each warmed plate, put 2 big-size serving spoonfuls of Autumn Leaves and use Portobella sauce and 1 large ladle of the chicken to top.
8. Healthy Squid Recipes – Orzo And Squid Skillet
This is also among the best healthy squid recipes that we would like to introduce in the article today and people should learn and try making at home as soon as possible for good!
This colorful meal includes squid, vegetables, and whole wheat orzo. It is also very easy to prepare this dish. You could boil the squid, saute the veggies, and cook the orzo at the same time. Eat this kind of healthy squid recipes regularly as a healthy dish.
- 2 tbsps. crumbled feta cheese, or to taste
- 1 lemon, juiced, or to taste
- 1 cup torn fresh spinach
- ground black pepper to taste
- 7 kalamata olives, pitted and chopped
- 1 cup chopped baby bella mushrooms
- 1 cup chopped yellow bell pepper
- 1 tsp. cooking oil, or as needed
- 1 (14.5 ounces) can chicken broth
- 2 cups whole wheat orzo pasta
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- water to cover
- 1 small squid, at room temperature
- Put squid in a pot with a sufficient amount of water to cover before adding some red wine vinegar. Boil the liquid, cover the pot, and over medium heat, simmer till a toothpick can go through the squid’s thickest part smoothly – within about half an hour. Take the squid off pot and chop into pieces with bite size. Discard the mix of water and vinegar.
- Over medium heat, combine chicken broth and orzo within a small pot; let the orzo absorb all chicken broth, and if the orzo turns too dry, try adding some more water (one tbsp. per time). Cook within about five eight minutes or till the orzo becomes tender yet firm to the bite; drain.
- Heat oil over medium-high heat in a skillet; saute olives, mushrooms, and yellow bell pepper till tender, within five to ten minutes. Use black pepper to season the mixture of bell pepper.
- Mix squid, spinach, and orzo into the mix of bell pepper till the spinach starts to wilt from the orzo’s heat. Add to orzo mixture some lemon juice and use feta cheese to top.
9. Healthy Squid Recipes – Kids' Squid Soup
I heard about this kind of healthy squid recipes since I was in kindergarten, and it is ideal for kids to do together with parents for an ocean-themed birthday party or a Halloween.
- 1 1/2 cups chopped fresh chives
- 2 (48 ounces) containers chicken broth
- 1 (16 ounces) package hot dogs
- To cut the hot dogs in half the short way, use a sharp knife. Vertically slice each piece in half and cut about 3/4 of the way up towards the round end. Leave about one inch of every rounded end to make the “head” for the squid. Rotate the dog ninety degrees, and also get 1 other vertical cut. Again, cut the four legs in half to get eight legs and one head. The perfect hot dogs would come with rounded heads and look like tassels.
- Boil the chives and chicken broth within a soup pot. Put the hot dogs with squid into the boiling soup, and allow it to be simmered well within about five minutes. The legs would curl to get the shape of an squid. Serve the dish in bowls with 1 or 2 squid in each one.
10. Healthy Squid Recipes – Squid In Tomato Sauce
Consume this traditional recipe right from today as it is among the most delicious and healthy squid recipes. This would show you how to make a very flavorful sauce to serve with squid just by making use of red wine, tomatoes, potatoes, and a hint of citrus that could be well-served over spaghetti, or even simply on its own.
- 1 tsp. white sugar
- 4 bay leaves
- 10 whole pitted ripe olives
- 2 potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 (8 ounces) can peas, drained
- 2 tbsps. tomato paste
- 1 (28 ounces) can whole peeled tomatoes
- 1/2 tsp. grated orange zest
- 1/2 tsp. grated lemon zest
- 1 cup red wine
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tsp. mixed spice
- 1 tsp. curry powder
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh mint leaves
- 6 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 tbsps. olive oil
- 1 1/2 pounds squid
- Put the squid into a large pot and cover by filling a sufficient amount of lightly salted water. Boil the pot, and then allow it to be simmered over medium heat within about fifteen minutes or till the squid turns opaque. Drain and let it slightly cool; cut into pieces at bite size.
- Heat the olive oil over medium heat in a large skillet. Add the mixed spice, curry powder, mint leaves, garlic, and onion; cook and stir till the onion gets soft. Use pepper and salt to season the dish for taste. Mix in the orange zest, lemon zest, wine, and squid pieces. Simmer within about three or four minutes to mix all flavors, and then stir in the bay leaves, olives, potatoes, peas, tomato paste, and tomatoes. Cover the pot and allow it to be simmered over low heat within about 45 minutes or till the squid and the potatoes are tender.
11. Healthy Squid Recipes – Octapodi Kokkinisto (Greek Squid In Tomato Sauce)
Squid is an incomparable treat. I love it grilled, in tomato sauce or in a salad. For many people, processing squids might seem daunting – but it is definitely not easy. Consume this dish with rice or hand-cut French fries. Do not add water; you would love to cook the squids in its own juices to receive the best taste. This in fact is one of the most amazing healthy squid recipes that we would like to introduce in the entire article today and want you and other readers to learn and try to make at home!
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- 2 cups crushed tomatoes
- 3 bay leaves
- 8 small red onions, cut into thin wedges
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 2 pounds squid, cut into 3-inch pieces
- Put into a large saucepan the squid pieces. Cover, and over medium-high heat, cook the squid till you get its own juices, within ten to fifteen minutes. Uncover, and keep simmering within twenty to twenty five minutes or till the liquid has reduced to three to four tbsps.
- Use olive oil to drizzle the squid, and then stir in the bay leaves and onions. Cook and stir within ten minutes or till the onions become softened. Add the pepper, salt, and tomatoes. Over medium-low heat, cover, and allow the squid to be simmered so that the squid would be tender and the sauce would turn thickened, within twenty five minutes. If the sauce is too thin, cook for the last ten minutes (uncovered).
12. Healthy Squid Recipes – Tako Poki
Cooked squid in this dish would be marinated with salt, sesame oil, and green onions. If you want, raw tuna might be substituted for the squids.
- 1/4 cup kosher salt
- 1/2 cup sesame oil
- 1 bunch green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 pound cooked squid, cut into bite-sized pieces
- Combine the salt, sesame oil, green onions, and squid in a bowl and combine the ingredients well. Cover and put the mix into the fridge within about half an hour before you consume it.
13. Healthy Squid Recipes – Shrimp And Squid Soup (Caldo De Camaron Y Pulpo)
This is a ‘Caldo' or soup made with squid and shrimp. This is for all seafood lovers, especially for the Mexicans. People can eat this soup with Tostadas and Tortillas.
- salt to taste
- 1 cup fresh corn kernels (optional)
- 1 1/2 pounds large shrimp in shells
- 1 cup diced tomato
- 1/2 cup chopped onion, or to taste
- 1/2 cup crushed dry pasilla chile peppers
- 2 cups cubed potatoes
- 1 cup diced celery
- 1 cup diced carrots
- 1 tbsp. vegetable oil
- 2 pounds squid, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 2 quarts water
- Put the water into a big-size soup pot, and boil it over medium-high heat. Put squid into the pot, and keep boiling within twenty minutes.
- While boiling the squid, heat oil over medium-high heat in a skillet. Add pasilla pepper, potatoes, celery, and carrots. Fry within fifteen minutes, and remember to add the tomato and onion at the very end. You do not need to cook the ingredients fully.
- As the squid has boiled within 1/3 hour, add the shrimp without taking off their shells to the squid, and keep boiling within five more minutes. Add the veggies from the skillet, and use salt to season according to your own taste. If you use corn, put it in with the shrimp. Allow the ingredients to be simmered altogether within fifteen minutes.
14. Healthy Squid Recipes – Juicy And Spicy Ceviche
This is also one of the best healthy squid recipes that we would like to introduce today in this entire article and people should not skip yet try making at the comfort of your own home as soon as possible for good!
- 1 avocado – peeled, pitted and diced
- 1 bunch cilantro, chopped
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. chili powder
- 1/2 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 1/2 tsps. cayenne pepper
- 2 tbsps. tomato paste
- 1 tbsp. hot pepper sauce
- 2 tbsps. Worcestershire sauce
- 1 small red onion, diced
- 2 roma (plum) tomatoes, diced
- 1 cup lime juice
- 1 1/2 pounds cooked seafood mix (like shrimp, octopus, squid, and surimi)
- Stir the lime juice and seafood mixture together in a large-size, non-metallic bowl; allow it to stay still within about ten minutes. Fold in the diced onion and tomatoes; cover, and put the mix into the fridge within half an hour. Whisk together the chili powder, cumin, cayenne pepper, tomato paste, hot pepper sauce, Worcestershire sauce, and salt into a small-size bowl. Cover, and put the mix into the fridge within half an hour.
- After half an hour, gently stir the seafood mixture to blend with ½ of the tomato paste mixture. Cover the seafood mixture and the rest of the tomato paste mixture. Keep both in the fridge within half an hour.
- After another half an hour, gently stir the ceviche into rest tomato paste mix, cover, and put it into the fridge within half hour more.
- Before serving the dish, gently stir the diced avocado and cilantro into the ceviche.
15. Healthy Squid Recipes – Squid With Lemon Grass Salsa, Ginger, And Pineapple
If you are following a healthy diet plan to get in shape this summer, but do not want to resign yourself to steamed broccoli and baked chicken breasts any more, then try this healthy squid recipes! This dish is exactly what you need tonight – something involving some fresh seafood, a little bit of real cooking, and several flavors. If you do not like squid, then try something else like jumbo prawns, scallops, or even grilled squid!
- 4 large squids
- 2 tbsps. safflower oil
- 1/2 pound French style green beans, trimmed
- salt, to taste
- 4 tsps. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/8 tsp. red pepper flakes
- 1/2 tsp. sesame seeds
- 1 tsp. apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp. honey
- 1 tsp. cilantro, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp. lemon grass, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp. freshly grated ginger
- 1/4 cup finely chopped pineapple
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- 1 shallot, sliced crosswise
- Over medium heat, heat one tsp. olive oil in a skillet. Stir in a pinch of salt and the shallot; cook and stir within about five minutes or till the shallot turns softened. Stir extra virgin olive oil, red pepper flakes, sesame seeds, vinegar, honey, cilantro, lemon grass, ginger, pineapple, shallot, and salt to taste, altogether within a single bowl. Set aside.
- Put a steamer insert into a saucepan, and add a plenty of water to fill the pan – just below the steamer’s bottom. Cover, and boil the water over high heat. Add green beans, recover, and steam till the beans get tender, within two to six minutes, basing on the thickness of the material. Immerse in ice water right away within several minutes till it gets cold to end the cooking process. When the green beans turn cold, set aside to drain them well.
- Over high heat, heat the safflower oil within a large-size skillet. Thoroughly dry each squid. Once you see the light wisps of smoke in the safflower oil, put the squids into the skillet carefully. Sear the squids till they get golden brown but do not move them, within about 60 seconds. Flip the squids and cook till it is done as desired, within about 1.5 minutes. Remove the squids from the skillet and turn off the heat. Toss green beans into the skillet when it is still hot within 60 seconds. Serve the squids over green beans and use pineapple salsa as a topping.
16. Healthy Squid Recipes – Tostones Rellenos (Stuffed Plantain Cups)
This is another one out on the list of the best healthy squid recipes that people should try making at the comfort of their own home right today and enjoy with love! The filling for tostones rellenos could vary greatly: garlic shrimp, salsa, pico de gallo, squid salad, ceviche, and so on. These are stuffed with cheese and picadillo (seasoned ground beef), but you can also change everything as you want and imagine. The changes would be endless and so are the flavors!
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 5 pitted green olives, chopped
- 1 (1.41 ounces) package sazon seasoning
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup sofrito
- 3/4 tsp. salt
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 2 tsps. garlic salt
- 2 green plantains, peeled and sliced crosswise into ¼
- 3 cups canola oil for frying
- Heat canola oil in a large saucepan or deep-fryer at 175 degrees C (350 degrees F).
- In the preheated oil, fry the plantains till golden, but not brown, within five to seven minutes. Smash every plantain piece with the bottom of a small dish or in a tostonero to make a small disk, and then you can try shaping the disk into one small cup. Put the plantain cups to the hot oil again, and fry within five to seven minutes or till crisp and golden. Use salt and garlic to season. Set aside.
- Preheat an oven to 175 degrees C (350 degrees F).
- Over medium-high heat, heat a large skillet and stir in the ground beef. Add salt to season. Cook and stir till the beef is evenly browned, crumbly, and lose its natural pink color. Drain and discard all excessive grease. Stir in the olives, sazon seasoning, water, tomato sauce, and sofrito. Over medium-low heat, simmer the mixture within about fifteen minutes or till the liquid gets reduced.
- Use the beef mixture to fill the plantain cups and add Cheddar cheese as a topping. Place the cups onto a baking sheet.
- In the preheated oven, bake the dish within five to eight minutes or till the cheese gets melted.
17. Healthy Squid Recipes – Mofongo
Mofongo might not look very delicious, but it actually a very delicious dish. Mashed green plantains would come with pork rinds (or bacon), olive oil, and garlic, making this dish much more interesting and healthy for human beings. Mofongo can go well with fish broth or chicken broth and could be stuffed with squid salad, carne frita, and garlic shrimp. It could also be served directly in a mortar or formed into small-size balls and dipped in soups. This is also among the best healthy squid recipes that we would like to introduce in the entire article today and people should not skip at all costs yet try making it at home right today!
- salt to taste
- 2 green plantains, peeled and sliced into 1/2-inch rounds
- 1/8 cup crushed fried pork skins
- 3 tbsps. olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, or to taste
- 3 cups canola oil for frying
- Heat canola oil in a large saucepan or deep-fryer 175 degrees C (to 350 degrees F). Mash the olive oil together with the garlic by using a pestle in a mortar. Combine the garlic mix with the pork rinds within a big-size bowl; set aside.
- Fry the plantain chunks within fifteen minutes or till crispy and golden, but not brown. Move the fried plantains to the bowl that already stored the garlic mixture. Toss to coat. Mash the coated plantains using a pestle and a mortar till smooth. Add some salt to season. Roll the plantain mixture into many small balls or 2 large balls before you serve the dish.
18. Healthy Squid Recipes – Fennel-Squid Conchiglie
This is a very tasty recipe of pasta with squids, zucchini, and fennel in tomato sauce. This recipe is also good with prawns instead of squids. In fact, it is the very last but not least healthy squid recipes that readers of VKool should read and try making at home to enjoy with friends and family members!
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 tsp. fennel seed
- 1 (14 ounces) can tomato puree
- 15 squids, or more to taste, peeled and deveined
- 1 red chile pepper, sliced thin
- 3 cloves garlic, sliced thin
- 4 shallots, cut into thin strips
- 1 stalk celery with leaves, sliced
- 1 zucchini, halved lengthwise and sliced
- 1 large fennel bulb, cut into thin strips
- 2 tbsps. olive oil, divided
- 1 (16 ounces) package conchiglie(seashell) pasta
- Prepare a large-size pot full of lightly salted water and bring it to a boil. Add pasta into the boiling water to cook, stirring occasionally within about ten minutes or till the paste gets cooked through but still firm to the bite; drain, reserving three tbsps. of the water.
- Over medium-high heat, heat one tbsp. olive oil in a wok or a large skillet. Saute red pepper, garlic, shallots, celery, zucchini, and fennel in hot oil till you can smell a great fragrance, within one or two minutes; add squids and keep cooking till the squids have their color changed, within 60 seconds per side.
- Pour puree tomato over the veggies; add fennel seeds and blend well. Bring the combination to a simmer and cook within five to seven minutes or till the veggies turn slightly tender. Stir the reserved water from the pasta pot into the sauce mix. Use freshly ground black pepper and salt to season sauce. Pour the vegetable mix and the sauce over the drained pasta before adding one tbsp. olive oil, and stir everything well to combine all ingredients.
After reading this writing and learn some healthy squid recipes with clear steps to make those dishes, another thing readers should do after that is to read another list of food recipes called “33 Healthy Sandwich Recipes For Kids”. This is actually an entire list of the best sandwich recipes that parents can make for their children at home to ensure the best breakfasts when they go to school or even school lunches and the kids would definitely love. These sandwich recipes have already helped several moms all over the world to satisfy their kids, so readers of VKool.com should read this suggested writing and try right from today. The recipes revealed in this writing require just a few easy-to-prepare ingredients with just a few simple steps so that everyone can make within a very short time period!
This is the list of 18 best healthy squid recipes that all people who love squid can try at home to add more nutritional values and flavors to their daily meals and renew the family dinner’s atmosphere as well. In fact, squid has been already proven good for health as it contains several essential minerals and vitamins and could be processed in several delicious dishes for every meal of the day, so many people in the world love it. These healthy squid recipes have actually helped several householders so that you should try using squid to make some brand new dishes at home as instructed above.
After reading the list of healthy squid recipes we reveal today, if you like this list and really want to help other people to receive all goodness that squid brings to human beings, then feel free to share these healthy squid recipes with other people around you and encourage them to try making these dishes right from today without concerning about anything. In addition, as an author of VKool, I always would like to know more recipes from my audiences and readers, so do not hesitate if you know something new to me – just share your own dishes with detailed recipes in the comment section below and maybe your recipe would be published someday on VKool.com. If you want to ask something about the content of this article, you can leave your questions below. I promise that I will reply you as soon as I can.
Related articles about simple home-made food dishes and recipes that people should try making at home to enjoy:
Want More Content Like This In Your Inbox?
- The list of 10 foods high in cholesterol to avoid or moderate
- 7 Tips How To Avoid Junk Food And Lose Weight
- 11 Healthy Drinks Besides Water And Tea
- How to get rid of fishy smell in fish before cooking
- 30 best and worst foods for brain health and memory
- How to choose perfume that is right for you or someone
- Top 11 Health Benefits Of Bulgur Wheat And Some Yummy Recipes
- 8 Ways On How To Make Homemade Hair Straightener Naturally