Depression is actually a state of mood that can even go far beyond the temporary feelings of low or sad. Depression is a relatively popular emotional disorder that affects more than 19 million Americans annually. It tends to put impact on people’s mood, behavior, feelings, thoughts, and physical health.
Experts now believe that depression can be triggered and caused by the genetic factor, which is the reason why this mental disease seems to attacks generations of the family.
Best Herbal Remedies For Depression – Best Natural Treatments:
Other factors that contribute to causing depression are drug addiction, mental stress, tension, anxiety, as well as the deficiencies of omega-3 fatty acids and vitamin B-complex. In addition, men are 70% less likely to have depression than women.
Common signs that a patient of this mental health issue experiences are disturbed sleep, loss of appetite, mental trauma, disinterest in everything, low energy, deep sense of loss, feelings of dejection, and feelings of sadness. These signs can affect their life day-to-day and can even turn to be very distressing.
Depression is actually serious if it is untreated on time, and the disease can be debilitating. There are several kinds of medications and therapies to deal with depression people can make use.
Along with the therapies and medical interventions, people can also make use of some simple, treatments that can also help in lifting your spirit and mood as well as restoring your excitement and joy in life.
Today, in this entire article, I would like to introduce some of the best herbal remedies for depression that are proven work well and will not lead to any side effects:
- St. John’s Wort
This is the very first out of the best herbal remedies for depression that I would like to reveal in the article today and want my readers to learn and remember to make use for good!
Asparagus has a lot of powerful compounds that can help to boost your mood and spirit, as well as fighting against several hateful and stubborn symptoms of depression.
Asparagus has high folate content so that it can help to improve brain functioning, while the high content of vitamin E contained in Asparagus can help effectively in putting your head in a good mood. In addition, the tryptophan contained in asparagus will produce serotonin inside your brain that will help to stabilize your spirits and moods.
To deal with depression, you can consume fresh, grilled, or steamed asparagus 3 – 4 times on a weekly basis.
You can also take 1/2 – 1 teaspoon of powdered asparagus root with just one glass of water every day to beat off depression effectively and fast.
Apple is so far a wonderful natural ingredient for the beauty and health of human beings. It is also very well-known for the powerful effects and benefits for mental health so that it is widely used around the world in terms of mental care products, even chemical mixed, handmade, or 100% pure methods. Apple contains high levels of potassium, phosphorus, and vitamin B. All these nutrients can aid the brain in repairing damaged nerve cells, thereby your brain can improve its own functioning, helping you deal with and beat off the signs and symptoms of depression.
To make use of this natural remedy, you just need to:
- Chop 1 apple and put it in a juicer or a blender to extract the fresh apple juice.
- Add the apple juice to a cup of warm milk and do not forget to mix the solution with one tablespoon of honey to make it sweet and more delicious.
- Consume this solution 2 times every day.
In addition, you can consume an apple on a daily basis to get good results and effect on preventing depression.
Cashew is a widely known and used natural ingredient that is contained in the components of several beauty and health products out there. It can also be used to prevent and deal with depression because it contains strong and powerful properties for our mental health.
Being very high in vitamin C, cashew nuts can help effectively in stimulating the nervous system of human beings. In addition, the riboflavin content contained in cashews can help to boost the levels of energy, making people more joyful and active. Other useful nutrients you can take from cashew nuts that can also help in combating depression are vitamin B6, tryptophan, and magnesium. There are 2 ways you can implement if you want to make use of this remedy to treat depression:
- You just need to consume a handful of dry roasted cashew because this is actually a very healthy snack that can help to improve your spirit and your mood.
- Alternatively, you just need to add in one cup of warm milk one teaspoon of cashew nut powder and consume it once on a daily basis.
You can also make use of saffron to treat sun depression because it is one of the best herbal remedies for depression that will bring about good and fast results without requiring any type of drugs, pills, or medications. This is actually also one of the best and most effective natural herbal remedies for depression that I would like to reveal in this article and want you and my other readers to learn and make use for good!
Saffron is very rich in B vitamins and carotenoids that can help in increasing the levels of serotonin and other chemicals that are very important for the function of the brain. In fact, a study published in Journal of Ethno-pharmacology has discovered that saffron can be very useful as fluoxetine (Prozac) when it comes to dealing and beating off depression at mild to moderate levels. There are two main and most common ways people can make use using this herbal remedy:
- You just need to use a little bit of saffron in smoothies, milk shakes or daily cooking.
- Alternatively, you just need to take 15 mg of dried extract of saffron 2 times every day to deal with depression.
Nutmeg juice can also help in reducing and stopping depression and improving human mental health.
Nutmeg can work effectively like a brain tonic and can help in stimulating your brain, eliminating stress and fatigue, and improving your overall spirit and mood. To make use of this herbal remedy, you just need to follow 2 simple steps below:
- Mix in 1 tbsp. of Indian gooseberry juice 1/8 teaspoon or a dash of nutmeg powder.
- Consume this solution twice every day to reduce depression and calm your mind.
Remember not to take raw nutmeg in large doses because it contains relatively strong psychoactive effect.
This is actually one of the most effective natural herbal remedies for depression that I want to reveal in this article and want my readers to learn and remember to make use every day.
Cardamom is considered one of the best herbal remedies for depression that can help people get rid of this mental issue within a short time and safely. In fact, cardamom can help in detoxifying the body and rejuvenating the cells, in turn it can help you boost your mood and deal with depression effectively.
- You just need to add to your bath water a few drops of cardamom oil. Soak your body in this uplifting aroma-filled bath within about half an hour every day for best results.
- Alternatively, you can add 1 cup of warm milk or water ½ teaspoon of cardamom powder. Consume this solution one time every day until you see the improvement.
7. St. John’s Wort:
This is the last but extremely important and effective out of the best natural herbal remedies for depression that I really want my readers to learn, remember, and make use!
St. John’s Wort is one of the most popular and the best home remedies for depression at mild to moderate levels. It contains chemical constituents, such as hyperforin and hypericin that can work as effective as a blocking re-uptake of serotonin, a serotonin receptors, and an antidepressant.
- To make use of this herbal remedy, you can take 300 milligrams of St. John’s wort supplement three times a day.
- Alternatively, you can add 1 – 2 tablespoons of St. John’s wort (dried) to one cup of hot water and allow the herb steep within about ten minutes. Strain and consume the tea 2 times every day. Apply this tip on a regular basis and you will be able to lift your mood and spirit effectively within a very short time period.
Remember to consult your doctor before you start making use of St. John’s wort on a regular basis.
II. Other Natural Remedies For Depression People Can Make Use At Home:
1. Fish Oil:
This is the first thing besides the best herbal remedies for depression people should learn and make use as soon as possible. Fish oil, in fact, is famous for several amazing health benefits so that it is widely used around the world for many purposes. Fish oil is especially good for the health of eyes, skin, and in terms of brain health, it is also very wonderful.
Researchers have discovered that patients with depression usually have low daily consumption are necessary for helping your brain function normally and well, and is highly recommended for anyone who is dealing with depression. To make use of this ingredient, you just need to choose one or both these two ways:
- First, you just need to consume cold water fish, including anchovies, sardines, and salmon that are abundant in omega-3 fatty acids. Soy products and flaxseed products are also very high in omega-3 fatty acids.
- Alternatively, you can take one supplement of fish oil on a daily basis to deal with depression. Fish oil supplements are available and easy to find in any grocery store, drug store, health food store, and online. Remember to your doctor to know the proper dosage.
Another tip that acts as one of the best ways to deal with depression besides the best herbal remedies for depression that can help people stop this mental issue within a short time and I would like to introduce is that people should make use of honey.
The natural sugar content that is contained in honey can help to fight the low feelings of depression. In addition, honey can help in relaxing your frayed nerves. Honey contains one type of amino acids named “tryptophan” can help to induce sleep, thereby can help you get better health and will provide you with a good support when this mental issue tends to “stole” your sufficient amount of sleep. There are also 2 ways to make use of honey people can try at home, including:
- Mix 1 teaspoon of ginseng powder with 1 tablespoon of honey. Add to this mixture one cup of hot water and allow it to stay for about 5 minutes. Consume this solution 2 times on a daily basis.
- Alternatively, you can gently crush 5 – 10 almonds and mix them with 1 tbsp. of honey. Consume 1 teaspoon of the mixture 2 times every day, once before bedtime and once in the morning.
The low consumption of vitamin B6 can contribute to causing depression. Vitamin B6 is needed for our body to make mood-enhancing neurotransmitters, such as dopamine and serotonin. You can consume the necessary amount of vitamin B6 by making use of chicken. Just 3 ounces of chicken contain 0.5 mg of this vitamin.
Chicken is best for human beings when people stir fried with some types of favorite veggies or bake it in the oven. You can also enjoy one bowl of chicken soup on a regular basis for achieving good results fast. Avoid eating fried chicken or the skin of chicken because they can lead to many other health issues. Remember to consume chicken 2 – 3 times on a weekly basis for good!
Along with the natural herbal remedies for depression I reveal in the article today, people should also do some things practically to boost your mood such as laugh, socialize, exercise daily, abstain from alcohol, avoid junk foods, get enough sleep, and think about things that make you happy. Remember to see a doctor immediately if the depression persists or makes you feel terrible about your life and do not feel life is worth living.
These are actually good things you should practice besides learning about the best natural herbal remedies for depression.
Now, after introducing the entire collection of simple yet useful therapies, treatment tips, and natural herbal remedies for depression to help you and my dear readers who are struggling with this mental issue, I also want to recommend another related with the same topic and purposes, another useful collection of tips on how people can get rid of depression fast and naturally without unwanted side effect – the 6 Natural Home Remedies For Fighting Depression article. This is also a revolutionary article that will help people deal with the depression issue right at their own home with just some tips and techniques coming from the natural basis. In fact, these home remedies do not require the use of any type of drugs, pills, or medications so it will be totally safe for people to make use. These home remedies will also bring about fast and noticeable relief for cases at mild to moderate levels. One more thing, the remedies revealed in this recommended article are very simple to apply so that even beginners without any experience can also make use of them with ease.
The article today reveals the full list of home remedies, therapies, and natural herbal remedies for depression that many readers of VKool.com and other people who are also trying to deal with the depression problem can make use for good. Therefore, my dear readers can learn and apply. In fact, the home remedies I revealed in this article will help you stop this mental issue effectively, bring a joyful and hopeful life back to you soon without causing any unwanted side effect, so you should not concern about anything like that.
If you think that the gathering of herbal remedies for depression that I revealed and combine in the entire article today are useful and needed for you to deal with your own current depression issue, and if you think this list will be also good for anyone else out there you know who are struggling with this mental issue and want to deal with it without using drugs, pills, or medications, feel free to share this list widely with anyone you want to make use together. One more thing, as an author of Vkool.com who is responsible for writing the most effective articles for readers about several fields of life, helping everyone deal with their own problems, I really want to know what my readers think about my articles, so do not forget to leave your own thoughts and opinions in the comment section below!
Related articles about mental problems, including depression, how to treat, and how to improve mental condition:
Want More Content Like This In Your Inbox?
- Some good low calorie lunch ideas for work & home
- Top 30 Positive & Side Effects Of Sunlight On Human Body
- Top 11 Natural &Treatments For Giardiasis In Human
- Blushing breakthrough PDF book review – is it reliabe?
- How to treat hemorrhoids naturally at home – 9 tips
- 27 Tips on How to Prevent Greasy Hair Overnight and in the Morning
- How I permanently cured genital warts book review
- Urinate now review – is the method to treat shy bladder of Jake Rubin effective?