In fact, according to 2014 International Diabetes Federation statistics, it is estimated that there are 387 million people suffering from diabetes all over the world. About 90% of them are suffering from the type 2 diabetes issue.
Best Herbs For Diabetes – Healthy Natural Herbs And Spices:
Diabetes mellitus (DM), commonly well-known as diabetes, is considered a group of metabolic diseases that interfere in the ways your body uses the glucose (blood sugar).
There are 3 major types of this disease: gestational diabetes, type 1 diabetes, and type 2 diabetes.
- Gestational diabetes affects pregnancy women.
- Type 2 diabetes occurs when the cells fail to properly respond to insulin. Triggers that put people at a higher risks of type 2 diabetes are a history of polycystic ovaries, high triglyceride levels, high cholesterol, high blood pressure, age, family history, inactive lifestyle, excessive abdominal fat, and obesity.
- In Type 1 diabetes, the pancreas fail to produce the sufficient amounts of insulin. The exact trigger factor of this health issue is unknown; nevertheless, the risks of the condition increase with certain factors such as vitamin D deficiency, exposure to certain viruses like the Epstein-Barr virus, genetics, and family history.
Some of the signs of high blood sugar are increased hunger or thirst, frequent urination, fatigue, unexplained weight loss, frequent infections, slow healing process. This condition will lead to several complications if it is not treated on time.
Stabilizing blood sugar at normal and healthy levels is essential for your overall health. You can do it by maintaining a healthy body weight, not using tobacco, regular exercise, a healthy diet, and taking medications that are prescribed. You can also make use of some herbal remedies and spices to reduce the signs and symptoms of the disease and to control the levels of your blood sugar.
In the article today, I would like to introduce to you and my dear readers visiting Vkool.com some of the best herbs for diabetes that are safe and simple to apply at home. These herbal remedies will provide great help without requiring the use of any drug, pill, or medical intervention, so those struggling with this health issue should try applying these home treatment tips and tricks as soon as possible!
1. Oregano Oil:
This is the very first out on the list of best natural herbs for diabetes that I would like to introduce in this entire article and want you and my other readers to learn and make use at home just by consuming it more regularly.
Oregano is actually an effective herbal remedy that can help in preventing and dealing with the high blood sugar issue. A research published in the Journal of Agricultural and Food Chemistry in 2014 indicated that herbals like rosemary and oregano can help in inhibiting the enzyme dipeptidyl peptidase IV which may promote the insulin secretion.
Oregano contains powerful polyphenols and flavonoids compounds that can also aid in fighting against and beating off inflammation. To make use of this natural ingredient, people just need to apply one of these simple methods:
- First, you just need to sprinkle a little dried oregano on your morning smoothies, salads, or soups.
- You can also consume a cup of oregano tea on a daily basis.
- Alternatively, you can add 2 – 3 drops of oregano oil to your favorite juice or one glass of water and consume it once per day.
2. Korean Ginseng:
The amazing healing power of the herb Panax or Korean ginseng is really useful for those dealing with the high levels of after-meal blood sugar. It can help to increase the sensitivity of insulin as well as reducing the complications. It can also even help to metabolize carbohydrates – a common issue among those suffering from Type 2 diabetes.
A research published in the Journal of Ginseng Research in 2012 suggested that Korean ginseng can act effectively as a therapeutic agent for diabetes treatment and prevention. There are 2 ways to make use of this herbal remedy to deal with diabetes:
- Just after consulting your doctor, you can take one two three capsules of 500 mg Korean ginseng every day for about 2 – 3 months.
- Alternatively, you can consume one or two cups of Korean ginseng tea every day to achieve the best results as desired.
Note: People who have hormone-related problems must avoid using this herb.
Not only good for Korean people, ginseng can now be used for fighting diabetes by everyone, so try out!
Read more: How To Deal With Diabetes At Home Naturally
This is actually one of the most interesting and most effective herbs for diabetes that people should learn and make use as soon as possible to be free from this hateful and dangerous health issue!
Clove is another out of the best herbs for diabetes that I want to introduce in this entire article and want you and my other readers to make use as soon as possible! Cloves contain powerful anti-inflammatory as well as antioxidant properties that can aid in lowering the levels of blood glucose. It can help to prevent some of the complications going along with diabetes, including vascular issues, eye disease, cardiovascular disease, and renal impairment.
A research published in the Journal of the Federation of American Societies for Experimental Biology in 2006 suggested that a daily consumption of one to three grams of cloves is very good for those suffering from Type 2 diabetes to control their total cholesterol and glucose levels.
To make use of cloves to deal with diabetes, you just need to add some of this herb to your daily diet or chew about 2 – 3 cloves every day.
4. Aloe Vera:
You may always hear about the amazing beneficial effects of aloe vera and how magical it is when it comes to skincare or health care products, especially in terms of beautifying the body. However, in the fight against diabetes, aloe vera is not a weak warrior. It is actually on top of the best herbs for diabetes people should try!
Aloe vera gel can help in reducing fast blood glucose levels. It has powerful phytosterols that contain the antihyperglycemic effects. In addition, aloe vera is very rich in fiber so that it can aid in removing excessive sugar from the blood and help your body use glucose more efficiently.
A research by the Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology at Beni-Sueif University in Egypt published in 2012 showed an amazing anti-diabetic impact of aloe vera extract in terms of dealing with Type 2 diabetes.
A research published in the Journal of Diabetes & Metabolic Disorders in 2015 indicated that if pre-diabetic patients make use of aloe vera extract, they will be able to reverse impaired blood glucose in just 4 weeks. There are 2 ways to make use of aloe vera to deal with this condition:
- First, after consulting the doctor, you can opt for taking an aloe vera supplement every day.
- Alternatively, you can consume one glass of aloe vera juice along with about two tablespoons of aloe gel 2 times daily for regularizing the insulin flow and lowering your body’s levels of blood sugar in natural way. You should use pure aloe vera gel to apply externally to boils and any skin infected area for reducing the skin irritation and inflammation.
Thus, this is one of the best and greatest best natural herbs for diabetes that people should add to their daily food diet in order to get better overall health and better health condition.
5. Curry Leaf:
Curry leaf is also a wonderful agent that can help people living with diabetes stop their nightmare of dealing with the hateful and stubborn symptoms of this dangerous condition. Aromatic curry leaf might also act as an effective agent which works well in controlling the high blood sugar issue. Many minerals contained in curry leaf can aid in maintaining normal blood sugar levels. Moreover, it can influence the carbohydrate metabolism as well.On the other hand, curry leaf can help to reduce the risks of oxidative stress.
A research published in the Journal of Ethnopharmacology in 2007 claimed that the extract of this herbal remedy can help to reduce the seriousness of diabetes.
A research published in the International Journal of Food and Nutritional Sciences in 2013 stressed that the powdered curry leaf contains powerful hypoglycemic properties so that it is very useful in controlling the postprandial and fasting blood glucose levels in diabetes sufferers. There are 2 ways to make use of curry leaf to cure diabetes people can make use:
- Chew about 2 – 3 tender curry leaves on an empty stomach in the morning on a daily basis.
- Alternatively, you can add powdered curry leaf to your salads or soups to get the same results.
In fact, this is one of the best natural herbs for diabetes that I would like to introduce in this entire article and want you and my other readers to learn and make use for good!
Thanks to its powerful hypolipidemic and anti-diabetic properties, garlic can also help in maintaining healthy blood sugar levels in people who are suffering from diabetes. It has sulfur compounds that can help in protecting against even high cholesterol and oxidative damage.
One research published in the Pakistan Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences in 2011 exposed that garlic supplementation can act as a standard anti-diabetic agent that will help to keep the levels of blood sugar under better control in Type 2 diabetics.
One researched published in the Journal of Diabetes & Metabolic Disorders in 2014 suggested that garlic can aid in treating diabetes and related heart issues. To make use of garlic as one of the best herbs for diabetes, you should opt for one out of these two ways or even make use of both:
- You just need to add garlic to your daily meals or after consulting your doctor, you can take a garlic supplement to get the same results.
- Alternatively, you can consume two or three cloves of raw garlic on an empty stomach every day.
This is actually one of the best herbs for diabetes that people should add to their daily meals to improve their condition and the overall health without using any type of drugs, pills, or medications and also do not need to worry about any possible side effect.
Turmeric is also one on the list of the best herbs for diabetes that I would like to reveal in this entire article and want you and my other readers to make use for good! Turmeric is a wonderful spice when it comes to controlling high blood sugar and natural herbs for diabetes. It contains powerful heart-protecting, anti-atherosclerotic, antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, and weight-loss properties that can help diabetes sufferers get better control over their blood sugar as well as lowering the risks of complications due to the condition.
A research published in the Journal of Diabetes & Metabolic Disorders in 2014 claimed clearly that the turmeric plays positive and important roles in controlling kidney-related complications due to diabetes.
A research published in the Evidence-Based Complementary and Alternative Medicine journal in 2013 stressed that curcumin, a major component of turmeric, plays an important role in preventing and treating diabetes and the disorders associated with it.
There are also 2 ways for you to make use of this herbal remedy to deal with diabetes:
- Just after consulting a doctor, you can take a turmeric supplement.
- Add powdered or raw turmeric into your daily cooking.
Ginger contains powerful anti-oxidative, hypolipidemic, and anti-diabetic properties so that it is very useful for those struggling with this condition in keeping the blood sugar levels under proper control. Ginger can also help to reduce oxidation, improve the sensitivity of insulin, and lower the levels of cholesterol inside the body. It can also even help to boost the weight loss process.
A research published in the Complementary Therapies in Medicine journal in 2014 discovered that daily intake of 3 one-gram capsules of powdered ginger for eight weeks proved effective for those suffering from Type 2 diabetes. There are 3 ways for people to make use of ginger to deal with diabetes at home:
- The first choice for you is that after consulting your doctor, you can take ginger supplements.
- Alternatively, you can add dry or fresh ginger to your daily meals.
- You can also consume two or three cups of ginger tea on a daily basis.
Thus, this is one of the best herbs for diabetes that people should not look down but try making use of it to improve the signs and symptoms resulted from the diabetes condition, thereby supporting the process of improving overall health of the body in general!
When it comes to the best herbs for diabetes and tips to dealing with diabetes, the use of fenugreek is always on top of the list. Fenugreek is a great herbal remedy that people with diabetes should add to their daily diets for good. Thanks to the powerful hypoglycemic activity, this herb can aid in lowering the levels of blood sugar and improving the glucose tolerance. Moreover, the abundant fiber content of this herb can help to slow down the absorption of sugars and carbohydrates inside the body.
In a research published in the International Journal for Vitamin and Nutrition Research in 2009, professionals indicated that there is a beneficial impact of this seed on lipid profiles and blood glucose in Type 2 diabetic sufferers. You can opt for one or all of the following 3 methods to deal with the diabetes issue:
- The first way that you can use this herb in terms of dealing with diabetes is that after consulting a prestigious doctor, you can take a fenugreek supplement.
- Alternatively, you can consume baked goods made with fenugreek flour.
- The final method I mentioned is that you should soak 1 tablespoons of fenugreek seeds in water and allow them to stay overnight. The next morning, consume the solution and eat the fenugreek seeds before eating anything else. Apply this treatment tip every day to achieve the best results as desired.
This is actually one of the best natural herbs for diabetes that both women and men should not miss if they are struggling with the diabetes problem.
This is the last but very useful one out of the best herbs for diabetes that I would like to reveal in this entire article and want my readers to learn and make use as so cinnamon has powerful bioactive properties that can aid effectively in lowering the levels of blood sugar.
A research published in the Annals of Family Medicine and Diabetes Care in 2013 exposed that this spicy herb is actually good and effectively for those who are suffering from the Type 2 diabetes issue.
Based on the conclusion of this research, it might have a healthy and positive effect on triglyceride levels, HDL cholesterol, LDL cholesterol, and fasting plasma glucose in those who are struggling with Type 2 diabetes. There are 2 options for anyone who wants to make use of this herbal remedy to deal with diabetes:
- First, you just need to make use of cinnamon supplements. Nevertheless, you and any other people who are going to take this option must always remember to consult a prestigious health expert or a doctor to know the right and healthy dosage depending on each person’s level of the condition.
- Alternatively, you can take one or two grams of cinnamon every day in the form of tea by drinking cinnamon tea. You can also use it to sprinkle onto your smoothies, oatmeal, or add it to your baked stuff or daily meals.
One thing to remember: Do not make use of cinnamon if you take a blood-thinning medication.
One more thing that I would like to ask my dear readers to implement for good after reading my entire article today and learning about the best herbs for diabetes is that you should spend time reading another article that reveals basic knowledge of a revolutionary guide for those suffering from the diabetes condition as well – the How To Cure Diabetes Naturally With Master Your Diabetes article. Master Your Diabetes is actually a great gathering of natural and effective treatment tips and tricks that can be applied at home with ease to deal with and beat off the diabetes issue fast without requiring for the use of any type of drugs, pills, or medical interventions. In fact, the article I mentioned above is a review showing opinion of a real customer – a person who used to struggling with the diabetes condition and have receipt a lot of useful supports from Master Your Diabetes – an amazing ebook that provides many helps for diabetics at all ages. The treatment tips and home remedies revealed in this book are 100% based on nature and safe to use so people should not concern about the side effects. Just spend time reading this revolution article and start making use of the home remedies contained inside for good!
The list today is an entire gathering of the top 10 best natural herbs for diabetes that both women and men reading this article on VKool.com and other people who are also struggling with this condition should learn and make use for good. These natural suggestions are useful and proven safe for human health and will work for sufferers at any age, so all of my dear readers can apply one or some them without concerning anything about the possible side effects.
After reading the writing of the list of 10 best natural tips on how to treat diabetes at home without using any type of drugs, pills, or medications, if you find it necessary for you to share this list widely to make use with other diabetes sufferers you know, feel free to do this! One more thing, if you have any question to ask me about this article or just some personal opinions, do not hesitate to leave your comments and feedbacks below and wait for my soon replication.
Related articles about diabetes and high blood sugar levels, how to treat diabetes at home, and how to improve health:
Want More Content Like This In Your Inbox?
- 31 Healthy snacks for teens: easy and simple recipes
- How to use lemon for acne scars? 18 best uses
- List Of 9 Most Common Hair Problems
- Learn photo editing review – is this course useful?
- How to deal with a difficult boss at work without losing your job
- How to treat heartburn naturally at home without medicine
- Confidence building activities for youth and adults
- Top 17 Cancer Causing Foods To Avoid That You Might Eat Everyday