Common allergens causing allergic rhinitis include grass and tree pollen. Other allergens are mold spores in the air, dust mites present in bedding and pet dander. Several symptoms include runny nose, repeated sneezing, headaches, fatigue, nasal congestion, itchy nose and watery or swollen eyes. To reduce symptoms, you can use several home remedies that are effective and inexpensive. Do you want to know which home remedy will help you treat allergic rhinitis? If your answer is “Yes”, then you should read this writing. In this article, VKool.com will show you top 10 natural home remedies for allergic rhinitis sneezing. The writing is collected from reliable sources. However, it is not intended to give medical advice and it is solely for the informational purpose. Keep reading this writing to understand more!
Top 10 Natural Home Remedies For Allergic Rhinitis Sneezing Are Revealed
Here are 10 best home remedies you are looking for:
Using saline water may be one of the easiest and simplest home remedies for allergic rhinitis. What you need to do:
- Mix salt (1 teaspoon) and a pinch of baking soda in warm distilled water (2 cups).
- Using a nasal bulb and next to snort a small amount of the mixture into one nostril.
- Then allow this mixture to drain back out through the mouth or through the other nostril.
- Blow gently your nose in order to remove solution and excess mucus.
- Follow the same process with the other nostril.
It is suggested to follow this treatment a couple of times every day until your condition improves. You can also buy a saline solution at a drug store and use it in the same manner.
Inhaling steam is also considered as one of the effective home remedies for allergic rhinitis. Especially, it will help remove allergic rhinitis symptoms, such as runny nose sneezing and sore throat. What you need to do:
- First step is to pour boiling water in a big bowl.
- Next to add any essential oil (3 or 4 drops) of your choice like peppermint, rosemary, eucalyptus or tea tree oil.
- Secure your head with a towel and then carefully lean over the bowl.
- Deeply inhale this steam for about 5 to 10 minutes and lastly, blow your nose thoroughly.
You had better repeat several times daily until you recover completely.
Inhaling steam is not recommended for small children. Therefore, a hot bath or shower will help a lot.
Ginger is one of the useful home remedies for allergic rhinitis sneezing. It acts as a natural antihistamine and contains antiviral, anti-inflammatory, immune-boosting and antibacterial properties that help get rid of rhinitis symptoms like runny nose, cough, nasal congestion and even headache. For best results, you can use it as follows.
- Add grated ginger (1 tablespoon), a few cloves and cinnamon (a small piece) to water (a cup). Boil for at least 5 minutes, strain and then add a little lemon juice and honey. It is suggested to consume this herbal tea about three times every day during the allergy season.
- Alternatively, you can chew small pieces of fresh ginger a few times daily as well as add ginger in your cooking.
Turmeric is a good consideration to decrease the risk of any kind of allergy. It is a powerful anti-inflammatory, antioxidant agent with immune-boosting properties. In addition, it can help get rid of symptoms of allergic rhinitis such as sneezing, congestion, cough and dry mouth. For optimal results, you should use it as follows.
- Prepare a mixture with turmeric powder (6 tablespoons) and raw honey (6 tablespoons). Mix well and keep this mixture in an air-tight container. You should take 1 teaspoon of this mixture two times every day during the allergy season.
- Alternatively, you can drink warm turmeric milk (1 glass) daily to maintain your immune system strong.
- Another option is to take turmeric supplements after consulting a doctor or include turmeric in your cooking.
There are a lot of other healthy home remedies for allergic rhinitis sneezing presented in this article, so continue reading!
Garlic is also one of the effective home remedies for allergic rhinitis sneezing as it has quercetin, a natural antihistamine. In addition, garlic contains antibiotic, antiviral, immune-boosting and antibacterial properties that help promote quick recovery. What you need to do:
- Chew 2 to 3 cloves of raw garlic every day to fight off the various symptoms of allergic rhinitis.
- Also include raw garlic or garlic powder or your daily cooking
- Alternatively, you can take a garlic supplement every day during the allergy season. You should ask your doctor for the proper dosage.
Apple cider vinegar is also considered as one of the natural home remedies for allergic rhinitis sneezing due to its antihistamine and antibiotic properties. It can help decrease the intensity of symptoms such as frequent sneezing, headaches, nasal congestion and others. Furthermore, this vinegar also plays a key role in controlling your body’s immune response system. What you need to do:
- Add organic, unfiltered apple cider vinegar (2 teaspoons) to warm water (a glass).
- Then mix in one teaspoon each of lemon juice and honey.
It is suggested to consume this three times every day during the allergy season or till you feel better.
Stinging nettle is very good for treating allergic rhinitis due to its anti-inflammatory and antihistamine agent. Especially, it can bring quick relief from symptoms such as nasal congestion, sneezing, coughing and itching. For positive results, you can use it as follows.
- Add dried stinging nettle leaf (1 tablespoon) to hot water (a cup). Cover and steep for about 5 minutes. Strain and then add a little honey. You should drink this solution 2 or 3 times every day until your symptoms disappear.
- Alternatively, you can also take 600 mg of stinging nettle supplement every day for a week. You should consult your doctor for the correct dosage
Note: Nettle is not suggested for young children and pregnant women.
Oil pulling is an ancient treatment to help draw out irritants from within the body causing allergic rhinitis. Moreover, it helps remove harmful toxins, which is necessary to maintain healthy throughout the year. What you need to do:
- Put coconut oil or sesame oil (1 tablespoon) in your mouth.
- Swish this oil around the mouth for at least 15 minutes.
- Spit out the oil and then wash your mouth with warm water.
You had better repeat this every day in the morning for some months before brushing the teeth.
Note: Do not swallow this oil.
Probiotics can help decrease the severity and frequency of allergic rhinitis symptoms. What you need to do:
- You should purchase a high quality probiotic supplement that contains 1 to 4 billion organisms per capsule. Afterwards, you take one capsule in the morning and one in the evening for about 1 to 2 weeks.
- Alternatively, you can also eat probiotic yogurt on regular basis in order to enhance your immune system.
Vitamin C contains antihistamine properties helping reduce allergy symptoms. Furthermore, vitamin C also helps speed up your immune system. This in turn will help shorten the duration of an illness and prevent infection as well. What you need to do:
- Eat foods rich in vitamin C like oranges, broccoli, lemons, grapefruit, kiwi, potatoes, strawberries, bell peppers, sprouts and tomatoes.
- Alternatively, you can also take vitamin C supplement every day, but only after consulting your doctor.
- To reduce symptoms, eat high-complex-carbohydrate diet, a moderately low-fat.
- Acupuncture may be useful for people with allergic rhinitis.
- Eliminate caffeine, dairy products, alcohol from your diet for a couple of days.
- You can also take flaxseed oil (1 tablespoon) every dayto decrease the risk of allergic rhinitis.
- Control dust mites and dust as well as indoor molds during the allergy season.
- Use an air conditioner in your car and home.
- Use a dehumidifier indoors in order to decrease humidity.
- Take a shower or bath after coming in from outdoors.
- Cover your mattress and pillows with dust mite covers.
- Keep pets out of the bedroom.
To get more information related to effective home remedies for health problems, go to our main Home Remedies page. Try these effective home remedies right away and be relieved of allergic rhinitis sneezing. You should use above remedies for at least one or two months to receive optimal results. After studying the writing of top 10 natural home remedies for allergic rhinitis sneezing, hope that this article will help you find out the best solution to reduce allergic rhinitis sneezing fast and effectively. However, the writing is solely for the informational purpose, so you need to get advice from your doctor before applying any home remedy. If you have any question or comment, please leave them below, I will respond you as soon as possible.
Related articles on nasal problems:
Want More Content Like This In Your Inbox?
- Outsmart your cancer PDF review – does this book really work?
- How to keep your mind sharp, positive and active
- 31 Exercises to strengthen shoulders without weights
- 10 Emotions In The Complete List Of Negative Emotions & Feelings
- Foods high in probiotics list: natural probiotics in your kitchen
- All homemade natural beauty remedies with ingredients from nature
- The future of health now review – is the program really helpful?
- 10 best natural home remedies for hangover men should know