Appendix pain is a serious disease in which appendix of your body is seriously affected. Common symptoms of appendix pain include constipation, mild fever, abdominal pain, indigestion, discomfort in abdomen, vomiting, diarrhea and nausea. There are many home treatments for appendicitis pain. Do you want to know which home remedy will help you treat of appendicitis pain? If your answer is “Yes”, then you should read this article. In this writing, VKool.com will introduce you top 12 home remedies for appendicitis pain. The writing is collected from reliable sources. However, it is not intended to give medical advice and it is solely for the informational purpose. Keep reading this writing to understand more!
Top 12 Home Remedies For Appendicitis Pain Are Revealed
Here are 12 best home remedies you are looking for:
Castor oil is considered as one of the effective home remedies for appendicitis. A castor oil pack can help reduce inflammation as well as relieve the blockage. In addition, this oil taken orally improves bowel movements and helps treat constipation as well. For optimal result, you had better use it as follows.
- Fold a large flannel cloth into layers to prepare a pack and then pour castor oil (2 tablespoons) on it.
- Afterwards, you lie down on an old towel and then put the flannel cloth on your abdomen.
It is recommended to follow this remedy three times per week for about 2 to 3 months.
Learn more: Positive Effects Of Castor Oil For Hair And Skin
Garlic aids is also one of the best home remedies for appendicitis due to its anti-inflammatory therapeutic potential. It also helps reduce the pain as well as inflammation. To use garlic for treating appendicitis pain, you can eat 2 to 3 cloves of raw garlic on an empty stomach every day. You can also add garlic in your cooking. Another method is to use garlic capsules, but only after consulting your doctor.
Learn more: Health Advantages Of Garlic To The Human Body
Ginger is also one of the effective home remedies for appendicitis thanks to its anti-inflammatory properties. It can reduce inflammation as well as pain. In addition, it also helps relieve the common symptoms of nausea and vomiting. You can use the ginger as following ways.
- Drink ginger tea about 2 or 3 times a day. To make ginger tea, you simmer ginger slices or grated ginger (1 teaspoon) in boiling water (one cup)for about 5 to 10 minutes.
- You can use ginger oil to massage your lower abdomen several times every day.
- Another option is to take ginger capsules, but only after asking your doctor.
There are a lot of other effective home remedies for appendicitis presented in this article, so if you want to discover more about them, keep reading it!
Fenugreek seeds are excellent in the treatment of appendicitis pain. The seeds excess mucus and prevent the accumulation of intestinal waste, hence decreasing the possibility of the problem becoming severe. In addition, they also help decrease pain. For best results, you should use them as follows.
- Add fenugreek seeds (2 teaspoons) to one cup of water. Boil it and then simmer on low heat for at least 10 minutes. Strain and consume this decoction when lukewarm about once a day.
- Another choice is to add fenugreek seeds in your cooking in order to control inflammation and pain.
Lemon is also one of the other beneficial home remedies for appendicitis. The natural citrus juice present in lemon will help prevent indigestion and constipation and relieve pain as well. Plus, the vitamin C in lemon speeds up the immune system in order to prevent infection. For desirable effects, lemon is used for treating appendicitis pain as follows.
- First step is to extract fresh juice from one lemon.
- Then mix this juice with an equal quantity of raw honey.
- Take this mixture several times a day.
It is suggested to repeat every day for several weeks.
Basil is an effective herb for treating appendicitis. Furthermore, basil is also a good treatment for intestinal and indigestion gas. For optimal results, you can use it as follows.
- To reduce a fever, you boil a handful leaves of basil and grated ginger (1 teaspoon) in one cup of water until this mixture is reduced by half. Nest to strain and then add a little honey. It is suggested to consume this tea two times daily for about a couple of days.
- To remove intestinal gas, you mix 5 crushed leaves of basil, sea salt (¼ teaspoon) and a little black pepper powder in plain yogurt (2 to 3 tablespoons). You had better drink it twice daily.
- Another option is to have 3 to 4 raw leaves of basil every day in order to help control appendicitis symptoms.
One of the excellent home remedies for appendicitis is using mint. It can help treat vomiting and nausea as well as intestinal gas. In addition, mint also helps relieve pain caused by appendicitis. To obtain instant results, you can use it as follows.
- You can make mint tea by adding fresh mint leaves (1 tablespoon) to one cup of boiling water and then let it steep for at least 5 minutes. Strain and add a little raw honey. It is recommended to consume this tea at least twice daily for several weeks.
- Or, you can chew a few fresh mint leaves to fight nausea and vomiting.
Ginseng is also very effective in decreasing pain and inflammation associated with appendicitis owning to its anti-inflammatory properties. To use it for curing appendicitis pain, you can do as following steps.
- Add ginseng (6 to 8 thin slices) to boiling water (3 cups).
- Simmer for about15 minutes on low heat.
- Strain and then add a little raw honey and next to let it cool.
- Lastly, consume this ginseng tea two times a day for a few months.
Eating a fiber-rich diet also help in treating appendicitis pain. Eat high-fiber foods like cucumbers, tomatoes, beans, beetroots, carrots, peas, brown rice, prunes, broccoli, wheat germ, sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds and other fresh fruits green leafy vegetables. You can also take for fiber supplements, but only after consulting your doctor.
Read on: The Book For Diet
Throughout the day, drinking plenty of water is also helpful in curing appendicitis pain. Adequate intake of water promotes regular bowel movements as well as prevents constipation. Plus, water also helps flush toxins out of the body. Warm water is effective for the health of patients suffering from appendicitis. Along with water, you should drink fresh fruits and vegetables juices. Do not use alcohol or caffeinated beverages as both cause dehydration as well as can make the condition worse.
One of the simple home remedies for appendicitis pain is using green gram. It is a safe and perfect remedy for acute pain thanks to appendix. For best effects, you can eat green gram (1 spoon) three times daily in order to improve the symptoms of appendicitis. Another option is to immerse a handful of green gram in water overnight. The following day, have few spoons of the water green gram soaked water.
Almond oil is also one of the other home remedies for appendicitis. To use it for dealing with appendicitis pain, you can dip a cloth in hot water. Next to squeeze out the excess water and then place the warm, damp cloth on the stomach. After some time remove the cloth. Then rub almond oil on your stomach. Lastly, you gently massage for about 10-15 minutes.
Learn more: Advantages Of Almonds For Health, Skin And Hair
- Add a pinch of salt to one glass of buttermilk and then drink it about 2 or 3 times daily.
- Avoid foods such as meats, dairy products and refined sugar products.
- Vitamin B, C and E supplements are also effective in the treatment of appendicitis pain. Before using any supplements, consult your doctor.
- Avoid strenuous activity as it can worsen your condition and put pressure on your abdomen as well. Do not take part in any sports for several weeks.
- To combat pain, support your abdomen by placing your hand over it when you cough, sneeze or laugh.
- Do not work in a hurry and move around slowly.
- Rest when you are tired and get an ample amount of sleep each night.
To get more information related to effective home remedies for health problems, go to our main Home Remedies page. Try these effective home remedies right away and be relieved of appendicitis pain. You should use above remedies for at least one or two months to receive positive results. After studying the writing of top 12 home remedies for appendicitis pain, hope that this article will help you find out the best solution to deal with appendicitis pain fast and effectively. However, the writing is solely for the informational purpose, so you need to get advice from your doctor before applying any natural home remedy. If you have any question or comment, please leave them below, I will respond you as soon as possible.
Related articles on treating symptoms of appendicitis: