A bed sore is also called pressure ulcer or pressure sore. This is an open wound on your skin and it is caused by friction and pressure on the skin. You can get this condition after sitting or lying on bed or other areas for a long time or it also happens when you wear soiled undergarments or soiled clothing’s for a long period. You will get sedation, paralysis, weakness, and poor health when you get bed sores. In this article, VKool.com will show you top 10 natural home remedies for bed sores and this writing is for informational purpose only so you should go to see the doctor if the problem is dangerous. Keep reading the article and discover those remedies.
Top 10 Natural Home Remedies For Bed Sores You Should Know
You might get bed sores due to lesions, tearing, itching, pain, or discoloration of the skin. This condition also affects on shoulders, buttocks, arms, ankles, heels, lower back, or head. Here are top 10 home remedies for bed sores:
Vitamin C is not only necessary for health overall, it is also vital for healing skin conditions. (Click To Tweet). It is highly recommended to take vitamin C for healing bed sores. This is a great antioxidant that can prevent damage to the tissues and you can follow the instruction as below:
- Prepare a teaspoon of amla powder (also called Indian gooseberry powder) with a cup of warm water and drink it every morning when your stomach is empty.
- Also, you can take vitamin C supplement after asking a doctor.
- Another option is to eat vitamin C-rich foods such as bell peppers, grapefruit, lemons, and oranges.
Read more: The Book Of Neuropathy Problems
Zinc is very important mineral for health and it can help you prepare damaged tissues as well as improve immune system. This mineral and regenerate or growth cells as well as reduce symptoms of bed sores very well.
- Get zinc supplement to reduce bed sores. Make sure to consult your doctor before taking it.
- You also use zinc ointment to apply on the sores after asking your doctor.
- You also can eat zinc-rich foods such as mushrooms, nuts, pumpkin, spinach, wheat germ, and oysters.
Another home remedy for bed sores is goldenseal, which can reduce inflammation, pain, and soothe the bed sores effectively. In addition, goldenseal has antiseptic property that can prevent infection and you can follow it as below:
- Steep a glass of hot water with a teaspoon of goldenseal powder, strain, and cool it naturally. Drink the tea twice per day.
- Another option is to mix some vitamin E oil with a teaspoon of goldenseal powder. Apply it on the affected area for 3 times per day.
Comfrey is one of the most effective home remedies for bed sores. This natural ingredient is good in medicinal property that can decrease inflammation, pain, and regenerate the tissues.
- You can mix some slippery elm and some comfrey powder.
- Add some water and apply it on the bed sores, use a bandage to cover it.
- Leave it over the night.
- You use saline water to clean the wound in the next morning.
- Do it every day.
The reason causes be sores are inappropriate positions of sitting or standing. As the result, you should change the position to reduce pressure, stress on the sores. You should not stand or sit on a place for a long time, just change the positions for every 30 minutes if possible.
In order to clean and relieve swelling from bed sores, you should try saline water by following the method as below:
- Combine a cup of water with some teaspoons of salt.
- Boil and cool it naturally.
- Clean the affected areas, let it dry, and use a bandage to cover the area.
- Repeat the solution every two days.
Turmeric, like other home remedies for bed sores, can fight infection and deal with the bed sores sue to its antioxidant, antiseptic, and anti-inflammatory properties.
- You can clean the region and then sprinkle the turmeric powder on the wound, cover it with a bandage. You should repeat this treatment 3 times each day.
- Alternatively, you can drink warm turmeric milk twice per day.
Being high in antiseptic property, honey is worth giving a try when you try to soothe bed sores. This ingredient can relieve pain, promote healing process, and decrease itching.
- Mix some sugar and honey with equal amounts. Then you apply it on the infected area and use a bandage to cover it.
- You also can have honey and spread it on the bed sores. Then you lie down on the banana leaves for some hours.
- You should do those remedies daily.
Aloe vera is friendly for skin conditions including bed sores. This ingredient has soothing and healing properties to encourage healing process. Additionally, aloe vera can moisturize your skin and recover the problem faster.
- First of all, you extract some aloe vera gel.
- Apply the gel on the affected area and rub it gently for some minutes.
- Dry it naturally and use a cloth to wipe out.
- Do it 3 times each day.
Coconut oil is good in fatty acids that can protect your tissues from damage and make your skin healthier. Also, coconut oil can improve blood circulation and treat bed sores effectively.
- Heat coconut oil and smear it on your back, limbs, and legs.
- Massage it lightly.
- You can repeat 3-4 times each day to get quicker result.
- You also can replace coconut oil by mustard oil, olive oil, or other massage oils.
To know more about other health problems & effective homemade remedies, go to our main Remedies Index page. After reading the writing of top 10 natural home remedies for bed sores, hopefully, you have learned some great treatments for the problem effectively at home. However, the writing is solely for the informational purpose, so you need to get advice from your doctor before applying any home remedy. If you have any question, please leave them below.
Related articles on bed sores: