Body odor (also called body odour or BO) is a condition that appears in humans and animals and it can be caused by many elements. Some diseases in animals and human also can cause this condition. Body odor is unpleasant and it can lead many discomforts in work and life. In this informative article, VKool.com will show you top 7 natural home remedies for body odor. By the way, you will learn how to clear up the odor on body and armpits to have a fresh life and feel more confident.
Top 7 Natural Home Remedies For Body Odor And Armpits Odor
In humans, body odor is primarily caused by skin glands or some bacteria. Also, different skin will have different odors and armpits are almost the places that you can get odor more than other parts of the body. Here are top 7 home remedies for body odor and the odor on armpits you might want to know. They include:
Keep reading the writing and learn what the remedies are.
Body odor can appear in every areas of the body including underarms, arms, armpits, hair, and so on. They are sweaty and they cause bad smell and it is extremely unpleasant, especially in summer days. Actually, high pH level will be good for bacteria living environment and some of ingredients can reduce pH level and kill bacterial naturally. Witch hazel is such an ingredient and you can get rid of body odor by this herb. Now you need to prepare a cotton ball and witch hazel.
- Soak a cotton ball in witch hazel.
- Dab it on the affected areas.
- You can use this ingredient before using usual deodorant to get the better effect.
Learn more: The Book About Sweat Treatment
Vinegar is one of the most natural home remedies for body odor and smell on armpits. This ingredient is very simple but very effective to eliminate odor. It can reduce pH level on your skin and you will feel fresh when using it. How to use vinegar for body odor?
- Use a cotton ball to soak in white vinegar or apple cider vinegar.
- Apply that cotton ball to your underarms.
- You can store vinegar in a sprayer and use it when taking a bath. You can spray vinegar after bathing.
- You should not use deodorant when using any kind of vinegar.
- You can add some vinegar in bath water and rinse your infected regions.
- After shaving hair, do not use vinegar because it can burn your skin.
Keep reading and discover more home remedies for body odor.
If you cannot get any result from vinegar or witch hazel, you can try lemon juice. This is also a great ingredient to decrease pH level on your skin. In addition, you can use lemon although you have a sensitive skin. All you need to prepare are a lemon, a cotton ball and ½ cup of fresh water. The methods are:
- Cut a half of a lemon and rub it on your arms or on any smelt regions, squeeze lemon juice on the skin. You can store the remaining lemon in refrigerator for another time.
- You can extract lemon juice, use a cotton ball to soak into its juice, and apply it to the armpits.
- You also can dilute lemon juice in water and rinse your affected regions.
Some people have heavy smell in the body and they have a lot of sweat. You can try another way to get rid of body odor – baking soda. This ingredient can be combined with other ingredients to get the best results. You will need some baking soda, a lemon juice. The remedy is:
- Make a good paste including baking soda and a lemon juice.
- Apply the paste to the affected areas for 5-10 minutes.
- Wash with water and have a bath as usual.
If you are interesting in using home remedies for body odor, cornstarch is also a good choice for you as it is a natural deodorant and can kill bacteria very well. Here are the way to use cornstarch for armpit odor and body odor:
- Bath as usual, pat dry the underarms and apply cornstarch to the affected areas.
- You can mix cornstarch and baking soda then apply it on the underarms to prevent sweat and bad smell.
Tea tree is a beneficial herb and its oil is also good for killing fungi and bacteria on your skin. Tea tree oil has a good smell and you can use this ingredient to remove body odor. However, you can get some problems when using this ingredient if you have sensitive skin. You need some drops of tea tree oil and some tablespoons of water. The ways of using tea tree oil for body odor:
- Combine water and tea tree oil and apply the mixture to the underarms.
- You can mix tea tree oil and water, store in a sprayer and use it as a deodorant.
- Make sure that you test your armpits before using any remedy.
Sage can decrease sweat gland and it can prevent bacteria that act on your skin. In addition, sage has a natural scent and it can be used for body odor and armpit odor. How to use sage for healing this problem? The method is:
- Combine sage oil with olive oil and apply it onto the affected skin.
- Pour some teaspoons of dried sage in hot water, steep it and use it to rinse off your underarms. Avoid using this herb for genital region and wash off your hands after using this herb.
- You also can drink sage tea every day but make sure that do not drink it too much.
Related articles on body odor:
If you want to get more useful and home remedies for many diseases, you might visit our main Home Remedies page.
After reading the article about top7 natural home remedies for body odor, I hope that you have found some useful treatments to get rid of odor on body, armpits, foot, and other parts of the body. If you have any question, please leave your comments below and I will respond to you soon.
Want More Content Like This In Your Inbox?
- How to lose thigh fat for women & men fast & easy
- 14 Best DIY Hair Masks for Hair Growth
- List Of 6 Health Benefits Of Zumba Workout You Should Know
- 8 safe and quick tanning tips to get perfect tanning
- 21 best easy healthy soup recipes for people at all ages!
- Cool things for guys to buy and to do
- 15 Easy Ways On How To Use Coconut Oil For Stretch Marks Removal
- Traditional South Asian beauty secrets – top 7 tips