A brittle nail is a skin condition that can affect to the beauty of nails. Your nails might be chipped or cracked and the problem occurs on both men and women. Some common factors cause brittle nails are water exposure, long-term nail polish, aging, etc. In this article, Vkool.com will show you top 8 natural home remedies for brittle nails with a hope that you will understand how to eliminate the problem effectively at your house with simple ingredients.
Top 8 Natural Home Remedies For Brittle Nails And Weak Nails
Brittle nails can be connected with some conditions such as fungal infection anemia, eczema, psoriasis, lung problems, hypothyroidism, etc. other reasons of brittle nails are nutritional deficiencies, dry environment, dehydration, polish remover, and so on. Here are top 8 home remedies for brittle nails you should recognize:
Being great in saturated fat, coconut oil is worth adding into home remedies for brittle nails. This ingredient is also useful for moisturizing skin and it can help you prevent nail infections very well. Here is the way to use coconut oil for brittle nails:
- Apply warm coconut oil on your nails; massage them gently for 5 minutes. Doing this method every day will help you moisturize your nails and improve blood circulation.
- Alternatively, combine lemon juice with warm coconut oil and soak your nails in the mixture for 10 minutes before bedtime. You can wear gloves through the night to get the best effect.
- You can apply the remedy for some weeks until you get strong and healthy nails.
Learn more: Home Remedies To Remove Warts, Skin Tags
Apple cider vinegar is useful for brittle nails due to its iron, calcium, magnesium, potassium, and vitamins. In addition, acetic acid and malic acid in apple cider vinegar can prevent nail infections. The method is:
- Combine apple cider vinegar and some water in a bowl.
- Soak your nails in the liquid for some minutes.
- Then push down your cuticles and you can do this method once per day to get stronger nails.
Read more: How To Use Apple Cider Vinegar Effectively
One of the best home remedies for brittle nails is vitamin E oil. This ingredient is very high in vitamin E that can hydrate and moisturize your nails and it will nourish and improve your cuticles and nails.
- Firstly, you break vitamin E capsule and extract its oil.
- Apply that oil on your nails before sleeping.
- Massage it for 5 minutes to improve circulation.
- You can do this every day in 1-2 weeks to improve nail health.
- You also can get vitamin E capsules every day but make sure that you ask your doctor before taking it.
There are a lot of other natural home remedies for brittle nails presented in this writing, so keep reading to learn more!
Horsetail is good in silica that can strengthen your nails. Additionally, this herb can eliminate white spots in nails. The method is:
- Mix a glass of hot water with some teaspoons of dried horsetail.
- Cover, steep it for 10 minutes.
- Cool and soak your nails in the mixture for 20 minutes.
- Dry your nails and apply some olive oil to moisturize your nails.
- Leave it through the night after wearing gloves.
- You can do this remedy 3-4 times each week.
If you get fungal infections and brittle nails, tea tree oil is good ingredient for your problem. Moreover, tea tree oil has antiseptic property that can cure discolored nails. The method is:
- Mix some tea tree oil and vitamin E.
- Rub the mixture on your nails and massage your nails for some minutes.
- Leave it for 30 minutes before washing off with lukewarm water.
- You can do this method every twice each day in a month.
Sea salt is also one of the most natural home remedies for brittle nails because it improves brittle nails and strengthens shine your nails. The way of using sea salt is:
- Mix some warm water and some tablespoons f sea salt.
- Add some wheat germ oil, lemon and myrrh essential oils.
- Soak your nails in the liquid for 10-15 minutes before washing off with warm water.
- Then pat them dry and rub moisturizer as usual.
- You can do this remedy 2-3 times each week.
In order to improve and strengthen your nails, lemon juice is a simple remedy you should apply at home. This ingredient is easily found and it might help your nails look whiter and brighter. The method is:
- Mix some tablespoons of olive oil with some tablespoons of lemon juice, heat the mixture in some seconds, take it and apply on your brittle nails with a cotton swab. You should do this solution before bedtime and make sure to wear gloves and leave it overnight.
- Also, you can combine some argan oil with some lemon juice and soak your nails in the liquid for 15-20 minutes.
- You can do those remedies once each day in some weeks until you get strong and healthy nails.
Do you know that beer which is a popular drink can help you treat brittle nails very effectively? This ingredient has biotin, phosphorus, potassium, and selenium that can strengthen your nails shortly. The way to use beer in healing brittle nails is:
- Mix ½ cup of beer, ¼ cup of apple cider vinegar, and ¼ cup of olive oil.
- Soak your nails in the mixture for 10-15 minutes.
- You can do this method once or twice each week.
If you want to get more useful and home remedies for many health problems, you might visit our main Home Remedies page.
After reading the article about top 8 natural home remedies for brittle nails, I hope that you have got some useful treatments to heal the problem and strengthen your nails. This article is for informational purpose only, so you should go to see the doctor immediately if you cannot get better effect from those home remedies. If you have any question, please leave your comments below and I will respond to you soon.
Related articles on brittle nails: