A callus, also called “callosity”, is a toughened skin area which has become hard and thick due to repeated pressure, friction, or other irritations.
Calluses usually develop on feet, especially on the underside of big toes or on the bottoms of the feet. Calluses can also occur on fingers, hands, or anywhere else of the body where there is repeated friction. In fact, there are a lot of simple yet effective home remedies for calluses on hands and on feet that people can make use at home without meeting any difficulty as they are very easy to follow and apply.
Home Remedies For Calluses On Hands And On Feet – Best Natural Treatments:
In addition to hardened and thick skin, calluses might have dry and flaky yellow skin patches. They usually cause no pain but feel less sensitive and more bumpy to touch than other skin areas around.
However, a callus can lead to the discomfort when there is any kind of pressure is applied to its skin area. For example, while you walk on the road. It might also burn or throb sometimes.
While this skin issue is not dangerous in general, if it is not cured in time, the patients might have to experience other issues, such as skin infection or ulceration and cause swelling, pain, and tenderness as well. Usually, simply eradicating the sources of pressure or friction is enough to allow a callus to heal itself.
Calluses on feet are usually due to too much friction on one area or dry skin; for example, the repeated rubbing due to ill-fitting shoes. High-heeled shoes might be the worst triggers of this condition. Other risk impacts are wearing sandals or shoes without socks or foot deformities.
Causes of the condition:
- Suffering from diabetes. People with diabetes and ones who have circulatory issues should never ignore foot problems or self-treat.
- Thinning of the skin on the foot’s sole
- Having flat feet (people having flat feet are at higher risk of developing calluses).
- Walking on hard surfaces
Today, in this article, I would like to reveal some of the best home remedies for calluses on hands and feet that are proven to work efficiently for treating this skin issue. The home remedies for calluses contain:
3. Coconut Oil
4. Papaya Juice
5. Banana Paste
6. Tea Tree Oil
9. Aloe Vera
12. Sugar Scrub
14. Vitamin E Oil
16. Turpentine Oil
17. Pumice Stone
18. Lemon Juice
20. Sea Salt
21. Castor Oil
25. Baking Soda
27. Epsom Salt Soak
Pineapple can be used as one exfoliator to get rid of calluses and dry skin as well. Pineapple consists of certain enzymes that help to remove calluses within one week or so. Hence, this is one of the best home remedies for calluses on hands and on feet.
- Firstly, you need to prepare 2 to 3 pineapple peels and place them on the calluses.
- Then, keep these peels on the place with the help of a bandage or cloth.
- You need to replace the peel every several hours or so.
- It’s recommended to follow this remedy for one week to get rid of calluses on feet and on hands as well.
One of the well known natural home remedies for calluses is using green fig juice. Green fig juice can help soften the calluses, making them easier to get rid of.
- You need to prepare a handful of green figs and using a blender extract the juice from them.
- Store the juice in one bottle and apply half a tablespoon of this juice on your calluses at least three times every day.
- You will see the calluses have gone away, leaving behind the supple and soft skin.
Coconut oil is well known for its excellent moisturizer. It also can help you get rid of the callus easily using a pumice stone within a few days. Follow these steps to make use of this oil as home remedies for calluses removal:
- The first step is to take 1 teaspoon of fresh coconut oil and directly apply a couple of drops of this oil on the calluses.
- Gently rub the skin around and on the calluses until the oil is completely absorbed.
- This procedure should be repeated at least three times every day for about 4-5 days.
Papaya comes with natural healing properties that remove the calluses and help your skin to heal quickly. Thus, for seeking the best natural home remedies for calluses, you should not miss this solution.
- Peel a papaya at first and blend it in order to extract the juice.
- On the calluses, rub a small quantity of this juice and cover it by using a bandage.
- Keep the bandage overnight and the following morning, remove it.
- In order to get rid of the calluses on hands and on feet, you should repeat the remedy every night for one week or so.
Read more: 23 Natural Homemade Papaya Face Masks
Bananas also cure calluses on feet effectively. The soothing properties found in bananas can help soften your skin, hence making it easier to get rid of the calluses easily for you.
- Peel 2 the bananas and later mash them to create a paste.
- Then, apply this paste on your calluses and keep for 20 minutes.
- After that, use lukewarm water to rinse off the paste with and pat dry by using a soft towel.
- To remove and prevent calluses on feet, it’s advised to follow this method every day for one week.
One of the most effective home remedies for calluses is tea tree oil as it contains antiseptic and antibacterial agents that can inhibit bacterial growth in your calluses and heal the skin fast. Here are two ways to make use of this oil for removing the problem:
- Take the Q-tip and soak it in 1 tsp of tea tree oil.
- Presently apply several drops of this oil directly on your callus very carefully.
- Then, place a cotton ball soaked in the oil on your callus and using a bandage keep it in the place.
- After 4 to 5 hours, remove and replace that bandage by using a fresh one.
- Repeat this process for a couple of days until the callus removes completely.
- Prepare 2 to 3 drops of tea tree oil, a pinch of baking soda and2-3 drops of vinegar.
- Then, mix a pinch of baking soda in half a bucket of warm water.
- Soak the feet in this baking soda solution for around 15 minutes.
- Later use a soft towel to dry the feet and directly apply 2-3 drops of vinegar on your calluses.
- Wait for your calluses to dry and after that, apply this tea tree oil on your calluses with the help of a Q-tip. Allow the calluses to air dry properly.
- This way should be repeated three times a week until the calluses automatically are dried up and removed.
Generally, licorice powder is regarded as one of the most excellent home remedies for calluses. How to use it to cure your condition? Here is how.
- You need to take 1 tsp of licorice powder and 1 tsp of mustard oil.
- Mix the two ingredients to make a thick paste and directly apply this paste on the callus.
- Wash off the paste by using lukewarm water after 20 minutes.
- Repeat this process twice to thrice per day to prevent and ease calluses on feet.
Due to its antibacterial properties, turmeric can help remove any bacteria found in the callus. The antiseptic properties present in turmeric will also help in healing the skin fast and making it softer and suppler as combined with honey.
- Form a paste by mixing 1 tsp of turmeric and 1 tbsp of honey.
- Thereafter, directly apply this mix on the callus and keep for about 20 minutes.
- Afterward, rinse it off with the help of lukewarm water.
- Repeat the process one time daily to shrink your callus within two days.
Basically, aloe vera is also is also regarded as one of the most effective home remedies for calluses. Aloe vera has the moisturizing properties that will make your skin become smooth, thus making the calluses be removed easily. Plus, aloe vera comprises of antibacterial properties that prevent bacterial growth in the area, thus inhibiting infections of any kind.
- The first step is to take 2-3 cotton balls and dip it in 1 tbsp of aloe vera gel.
- Directly place it on the callus. Cover the cotton by using the bandage and keep it on overnight.
- The next morning, remove the bandage and use lukewarm water to rinse out the gel.
- Repeat the process a minimum of twice daily to remove the callus without hurting the skin in the process.
Oatmeal has a great exfoliating agent that can act wonders on your skin. Particularly, oatmeal helps you fade the dead skin cells that are accumulated in the calluses. Here’s the method:
- Firstly, take 4 tbsp of plain oatmeal and 1 cup of water.
- Next, boil the oatmeal in the water until a thick paste is formed.
- Leave the mixture to become cool. Then, apply it on your calluses and keep for about 20 minutes.
- Finally, rinse off the paste by using warm water.
- To get quick cure from calluses as well as their symptoms, you should follow this treatment every day.
Read more: 11 Health Advantages Of Oatmeal
Chalk also helps to remove calluses. Here is the recipe that shows you on how to use chalk for treating calluses:
- First of all, prepare 2 to 3 pieces of chalk, 1 tsp of olive oil and 1 tsp of water.
- Crush the chalks to make a powder. To the powder add the water to make a paste.
- Then, apply this paste on your calluses and keep for about 20 minutes.
- Using lukewarm water to rinse off this paste and follow up with applying olive oil to keep your area moisturized.
- It’s suggested to follow this remedy two times a day to remove calluses on feet and hands.
Basically, sugar scrub is also one of the powerful home remedies for calluses. Here’s the recipe for you to follow:
You will need:
- Few drops of lemon essential oil
- Mineral oil
- 1/2 cup of granulated sugar
- Moisturize your feet or hands. Then, join sugar and lemon oil, mineral oil to form a loose paste.
- Then, take a number of this paste and start rubbing against the callus with this.
- Massage gently in circular strokes for around 15 to 20 minutes and wash off this paste with lukewarm water.
- Repeat this way 2-3 times a week.
Coconut milk in this recipe helps keep the moisture for the skin while pineapple has an enzyme that gets rid of calluses efficiently and softens them.
- 1 cup of coconut milk
- 2-3 cups of pineapple juice
- Pumice stone
- Mix the coconut milk and pineapple juice together. Then, blend well.
- Soak your feet or hands in this water for around 20-25 minutes.
- Wash it away, pat dry and apply moisturizer.
- Follow this 1-2 times every week.
- Make use of this pumice stone to remove all the calluses that are softened.
As we know, vitamin E is a vital nutrient for maintaining the skin and hair health. Besides, vitamin E oil is considered as one of the most effective home remedies for calluses. Vitamin E moisturizes and softens the rough and hard layer of skin forming on the corns. Moreover, the antioxidants present in the oil help in healing of the calluses fast. For treating your condition, you cut the vitamin E oil capsule. Then, directly apply the oil to the corn and leave it to soak for a couple of minutes. After this, put on one clean sock prior to you go to bed. It’s suggested to repeat this process every night till the callus is cured.
Garlic has the potent medicinal properties that make it become an importance Ayurvedic medicine to treat a variety of diseases and disorders as well. Especially garlic is effective for dealing with skin diseases. It is also a useful remedy for curing ringworm. Besides, it’s also one of the most powerful natural home remedies for calluses. The present of natural antioxidants in garlic combat the bacterial and fungal infections and remove the calluses from the root. All you need to do is take a few garlic cloves and press them to make a paste. Then, apply it to the calluses and secure it by using a clean cloth or dressing gauge. Keep it overnight and wash your feet using warm water the following morning. To get desired results, you should repeat this remedy every night.
Read more: 20 Tips To Make Use Of Garlic For Acne
Turpentine oil has the potent antiseptic and antibacterial properties that treat the calluses and minimize the risks of infection. It readily penetrates into your skin and promotes the healing process. You simply take a cotton ball and soak it in turpentine oil. Later apply it to the calluses. Cover by using a bandage and keep overnight. It’s recommended to repeat this treatment until the corn falls off entirely.
Scrubbing your skin with one pumice stone is a great way to remove calluses. Scrubbing the calluses gently using a pumice stone fades the dead skin cells. It also boosts the process of recovery. You need to immerse the feet in the warm water for ten minutes to help soften the hard skin. Later scrub your affected area by using the pumice stone for five minutes and dry your feet. After that, apply a little castor oil on your calluses and secure it with a tape. The next morning remove the tape. Repeat it regularly to achieve the desired results.
This is the first out of the most effective home remedies for calluses on hands and feet that I want to introduce in this full writing.
You can use both lemon peel and lemon juice to deal with callus issues. The acidity of lemon can help to eliminate calluses very fast. In addition, it can help to reduce the discomfort caused by this skin condition.
- Soak a cotton ball into fresh lemon juice and use it to apply directly onto the infected area. Cover it with a bandage and let it stay overnight. Next morning, use another cotton ball soaked in lemon juice to replace the old one. Apply this tip continuously until there is no callus on your feet.
- You can also put a small piece of lemon peel on the callus. To keep the lemon peel in place, put a bandage around it. Let it stay overnight. Next morning, use another cotton ball soaked in lemon juice to replace the old one. Apply this tip continuously for a few days or until there is no callus on your feet.
Chamomile is among popular and useful home remedies for calluses as well. This herb can help to soothe your skin and the anti-inflammatory properties contained in chamomile that can aid effectively in reducing the discomfort caused by this skin issue.
- You will need to use a mixture with 1 crushed garlic clove, 1 teaspoon of lemon juice, and 1 teaspoon of dried chamomile. Mix these ingredients well and use it to apply directly onto your affected skin area. Apply this tip once or twice every day until your skin issue is gone.
- Brew 1 – 2 cups of chamomile tea. Add some water and chamomile tea into a small foot tub. Soak your feet in this soothing solution for about ten minutes. Apply this tip in the evening every day for a few days before bedtime. This will be able to keep the feet well-moisturized overnight.
Another out of the best home remedies for calluses on feet and on hands that I would like to reveal in this article is that people should make use of sea salt. In fact, sea salt can work well as a natural scrub that can eliminate dead skin cells and improve the dry skin condition. In turn, it can help to repair calluses on your feet effectively.
- Mix olive oil and sea salt together with equal amounts and set it aside.
- Soften your skin area with calluses by soaking your feet into lukewarm water in about ten minutes.
- Use the paste to gently scrub over your affected skin areas in circular motions for about 5 minutes.
- Use warm water to wash your feet and pat them dry.
- Rub moisturizing cream, oil, or lotion onto the feet.
- Apply this treatment once every day until your skin issue is completely healed.
Natural oils, such as castor oil, are also great home remedies for calluses on hands and on feet. This thick oil can help to moisturize rough, dry skin, making it useful for softening calluses.
- Mix apple cider vinegar and castor oil with equal parts in a large pot. Heat the mixture to get it warm (comfortably for being touched). Soak the feet in this warm mixture for about ten minutes or more. Rinse with warm water and then use a pumice stone to remove the dead skin cells. Apply this tip once every day for 3 – 4 days to achieve the best results.
- Soak your feet in lukewarm water for about ten minutes and then use a pumice stone to scrub the affected area. Cover the skin area with calluses using one cotton ball soaked in castor oil. Use a small piece of tape to cover the cotton ball. Apply this tip once every day until your calluses disappear.
Onion has natural acidity; thereby it is very useful in curing calluses. In addition, it has anti-inflammatory and antimicrobial properties.
- Cut by half and soak a small onion in white vinegar for 3 – 4 hours. Use this vinegar-soaked onion to directly apply onto your callus and wrap that foot in plastic wrap. Let it stay overnight. Next morning, remove the dead skin cells using one pumice stone. Apply this tip daily for about one week.
- Sprinkle some salt and a few drops of lemon juice on a thick slice of onion. Put that slice of onion onto your affected area. Use a tape to secure it and let it stay overnight. Apply this tip daily for about one week to remove the callus with ease.
Another out of the most effective home remedies for calluses on hands and on feet that I would like to reveal in this entire article and want my readers to remember to apply is the combination of bread and vinegar. This paste will be made from bread and distilled vinegar. It will be able to help to soften your callused skin area as well as reduce your risk of developing infections.
- Soak the feet in lukewarm water and then use a pumice stone to rub your affected skin area.
- Clean your feet and pat them dry
- Soak 1/2 slice of bread in 1/2 cup of distilled white vinegar
- Place the bread soaked in vinegar over the callus and use a bandage to wrap it
- Let it stay overnight
- Next morning, take the bandage off and use a moisturizer to apply onto your affected skin area.
- Apply this tip every night until you see god results as desired
Aspirin can help to soften your hardened skin area around the calluses. In addition, it can help to reduce the discomfort due to this skin issue effectively.
- Crush 5 – 6 aspirin tablets to get their powder form
- Add 1/4 teaspoon of water and 1/2 teaspoon of lemon juice to that powder and mix them well.
- Use this paste to apply directly onto your affected skin area and use a plastic bag to cover it.
- Use a warm towel to wrap it for about ten minutes.
- Remove the covering and rinse it off with lukewarm water
- Use a pumice stone to scrape the dead skin cells off
- Apply this tip once every day for about 2 – 3 days
This is also one out of the best home remedies for calluses on feet and on hands that I want to introduce in this entire article.
Baking soda, making it a powerful and useful home treatment for callus. The baking soda’s crystals can aid in exfoliating the hardened skin as well. This is also one out of the simplest and most common home remedies for calluses that people should try once!
- Use a paste made from 1 part water and 3 parts baking soda to massage the callus for a few minutes. Rinse off the paste and gently rub your skin using a pumice stone to remove the dead skin cells.
- Prepare a tub filled with lukewarm water and add 3 tablespoons of baking soda to that tub. Stir the solution thoroughly and in it, soak your feet for about ten minutes or more. Rinse your feet off and use a pumice stone to scrub the softened skin.
Follow both 2 mentioned remedies once every day until you see the good results as desired.
You can also make use of apple cider vinegar in the treatment for calluses. The acidic nature of apple cider vinegar can help to soften hardened skin and boost the healing process. In fact, this is also one of the most effective and simple to follow home remedies for calluses on hands and on feet that people should not look down!
· Soak one cotton ball into apple cider vinegar and use it to tape your calluses before bedtime.
· Let it stay overnight
· Next morning, exfoliate the skin on the infected area using one pumice stone
· Apply some coconut oil or olive oil to keep that area moisturized
· Apply this tip once every day until you see the callus gone
This is the last but also very important out of the list containing the best home remedies for calluses on feet and on hands that I want to introduce in this entire article.
One of the simplesthome remedies for calluses that will help to cure the issue is soaking the affected area in lukewarm water mixed with Epsom salt. This solution can help to soften your skin area with callus, hence making it simpler for you to keep the hands and feet free from infections and scrub the hard skin away as well.
- Prepare a tub with hot water, and then add a handful of Epsom salt in it. Stir the solution thoroughly.
- Soak your skin in the solution and let it stay for about ten minutes
- Rub the affected area with a pumice stone in the circular motion for about 5 minutes.
- Rinse your skin off using cool water to eliminate dead skin cells
- Pat your skin dry and use a thick lotion to rub onto your skin.
- Apply this home treatment as needed until your skin issue is completely healed.
Now, after reading this entire article and learning exactly about how people can deal with calluses naturally at home without spending too much time, money, and efforts, what you should do next is to spend time reading another interesting article that covers some wonderful tips on how to remove calluses that will be also good for you and other sufferers concerning about this skin issue. The writing named “About Calluses And 5 Home Remedies For Removing Calluses” is actually a revolutionary collection of home-medicine suggestions revealing the best ways to deal with this common skin issue – the best home remedies for calluses – without using any type of costly and harmful drug, pill, and medication. The remedies suggested in this e-book are 100% natural and safe to use so that people should not concern about this! Besides, although this article also aims to teach people how to cure calluses, it does not contain any home remedy similar to what I revealed in the article today, so people should feel secure about this matter.
The full article I revealed today is the entire collection of the best-proven home remedies for calluses on feet and on hands that readers of VKool.com and other people who also look for the best, simplest to apply, and most effective ways to escape from the problem yet will not bring about any concern of unwanted side effects. These home remedies are 100% based on nature and are not complicated to follow so even beginners can make use of them with ease and without meeting any difficulty, so readers should learn and make use of them right away.
If you think that the home remedies for calluses on feet and on hands that I suggested above will be useful and can work well for treating your current skin issue, and if you also want to share this list with other sufferers of the same skin problem, feel free and do not hesitate to share it widely. As an author of Vkool, I always welcome my dear readers’ opinions and thoughts, so do not forget to leave your comments and feedbacks by leaving them in the form below!
Related articles about some skin issues, including calluses and urticarial, how to deal with them, and how to improve skin health:
Want More Content Like This In Your Inbox?
- Different eye makeup looks for brown eyes, blue eyes, & other
- Top 15 Biological Benefits Of Kiss On The Lips
- 17 Natural remedies for gallbladder pain
- 10 best home remedies for cystic acne
- 11 Tips & Health Benefits Of Atkins Diet Plan For Internal Health
- Natural cucumber face mask: 15 homemade recipes
- How to get healthy nails naturally fast at home – 20 proven ways
- The sarcoidosis remission and Aden protocol review