Cellulite is made up by free-floating fat cells, which are deposited only beneath the skin. Cellulite has a distinct appearance, and it is like the dimpled surface of the cottage cheese or orange peel. Genetics, hormones, & an unhealthy lifestyle are the top causes of the cellulite. Recently, VKool.com made a writing of the top 16 natural home remedies for cellulite on thighs & legs. This writing is a collection of effective and safe home remedies for cellulite from reliable source such as Top 10 Home Remedies, Wellness Mama and other sources. If you have any skin disease, please make sure that you will consult with your doctor before following these natural home remedies for cellulite.
16 Home Remedies For Cellulite On Thighs & Legs You Should Know
1. Increase Vitamin C And E Intake
Vitamin C and E contain a lot of antioxidants. These vitamins are served as basis antioxidants that are great with the ability to “eliminate” the free radicals and help prevent an accumulation of fat. The great sources of these vitamins are orange, grapefruit, kiwi, vegetable oil, green tea, yellow bell peppers, papaya, guava, kale, strawberries, almonds, radishes, nuts, green leafy vegetables, spinach, vegetable oil, avocado, broccoli, taro, kiwi and mango, tomatoes and more
Learn more: 16 Health Benefits Of Vitamin C For Skin, Hair And The Body
2. Drinking Green Tea
To reduce cellulite on your thighs and legs, you should drink green tea each day to slow aging and oxidation. Besides, you do not skip meals and eat snacks, stay away from sugary foods at dinner because sugar will not be consumed when you are close to bedtime. Learn more: 38 Healthy And Beauty Benefits Of Drinking Green Tea
3. Take Enough Protein Needed In A Day
You should note the amount of protein needed in a day to ensure that the muscles are toned. Besides, you always drink enough water for 1 day from 1.5 – 2l. Here is a list of top foods that are rich in protein:
- Fish (tuna, salmon, halibut)
- Turkey breast (and chicken breast)
- Beans (mature soy beans)
- Tofu, and eggs (especially egg whites)
- Lean beef and veal (low fat)
- Nuts and seeds (pumpkin, watermelon seeds, squash, peanuts, and almonds)
- Pork loin (chops)
- Cheese (non-fat mozzarella)
- Yogurt, milk, and soymilk
Learn more: Truth About Cellulite book
4. Exercise And Massage
Swimming, jogging, aerobics, cycling, and walking fast is 5 sports that have the fastest effect to reduce Cellulite. If you have much free time for exercising, try to spend 15 minutes each day on jogging or rhythmic gymnastics. You do not have to go to park or outdoors, you can take advantage of exercise during working hours.
For example, instead of sending emails to colleagues, you can come to their table to discuss. In addition, you do not sit on the bench for a long time, always entertain yourself by standing up and walking some steps in the room. You should take advantage of the stairs to firm legs instead of using the elevator. Sweating also helps release the subcutaneous fat effectively. Moreover, you can spend 10 minutes a day massaging, especially in areas prone to cellulite (such as thighs, hips, and abdomen). You can massage your thighs and legs when you are the shower, or when applying skin care cream to increase the blood circulation, and prevent muscle fatigue that can cause easier fat accumulation.
5. Apply Herbs
Some herbs work best as pennywort, paraguay tea, fennel coleus forskohlii. These herbs can penetrate deep into the skin, providing some nutrients to the dermis. In addition, caffeine, theophylline, yohimbe, aminophylline and isopreterol contain enpinephrine or adrenaline that acts on fat cells, and helps accelerate the process of lipolysis.
Learn more: 7 Shocking Truths About Cellulite
6. Apply Coffee Scrub
Coffee scrub works for reducing cellulite and loosing skin. Coffee scrub is one of the cheapest home remedies for cellulite that you can make easily at home. All ingredients you will need are 1/4 cup of coffee grounds, 2 to 3 tablespoons of the melted coconut oil, and 3 tablespoons of sugar or brown sugar. You just need to combine these ingredients to make a paste-like consistency and store in a glass jar. When using, you massage it into your skin for several minutes and then wash as usual. You can use this recipe 2 to 3 times a week Learn more: How To Get Rid Of Cellulite Naturally & Fast At Home Keep reading the next part of this writing to discover other home remedies for cellulite on legs and thighs
7. Drink Cayenne Pepper Juice
Cayenne pepper is a good fat-burning food that has the ability to heat up the body naturally, increase blood circulation & boost metabolism. In addition, it can help remove the bad skin cells & replace them with strong healthy cells. Moreover, a regular consumption of the cayenne pepper can aid in eliminating toxins from the body & reducing the appearance of the cellulite in the thighs and legs.
To make this juice, you need to mix 2 teaspoons of the cayenne pepper powder with the fresh-squeezed juice from 1 lemon and 1 teaspoon of grated ginger in a glass of the warm water. You can drink the mixture 3 times per day for 1 to 2 months to see a significant reduction in your appearance of cellulite.
Learn more: 11 Black & White Pepper Health Benefits
8. Use Green Clay
Green clay helps stimulate blood & lymph circulation, absorb impurities and fats, remove dead skin cells, and repair & strengthen connective tissues. Thanks to all these properties, the green clay is considered as a highly effective remedy for reducing the symptoms of cellulite. All ingredients you need are ½ cup of green clay, ½ cup of seaweed, ¼ cup of the freshly squeezed limejuice, 1 tbsp of organic honey, and 3 tbsp of hot water. To make this recipe, you just need to mix all these ingredients to make a thick & smooth paste. Then, you will rub this mixture on the affected area by using circular motions. Next, you will cover it with a plastic wrap and leave it on your affected areas for about 30 minutes, and finally, wash it off with the lukewarm water.
Learn more: Top Anti Aging Foods To Eat For Beautiful Skin
9. Apply Tangerine Oil
Tangerine oil can help improve the blood circulation & break down the fat pockets & cellulite. Besides, this essential oil can play an important role in detoxifying the body. All the ingredients you will need are 1 tablespoon of olive oil, and 5 drops of tangerine oil. To make this recipe, you just need to mix all these ingredients together. Then, you will rub this mixture onto the affected area and massage with it for about 10 to 15 minutes. You need to avoid the sun exposure for about 60 minutes after using this oil. You can apply it 2 times per day in many weeks to reduce cellulite. Learn more: 25 Benefits Of Massage Therapy With Essential Oils
10. Apply Juniper Oil
The juniper oil has detox properties and it can help reduce the fluid retention, thus effectively reduce cellulite.
- 1/4 cup of olive oil
- 10 drops to 15 drops of juniper oil
- Step 1 – you mix 10 drops to 15 drops of juniper oil in 1/4 cup of olive oil
- Step 2 – you massage this mixture on the affected areas for about 10 minutes
You can do this recipe twice daily, and after a month, you will see your skin is firmer and softer.
11. Use Seaweed
Seaweed is a natural exfoliating agent that helps stimulate the blood circulation, and improve the skin texture. It also helps flush harmful toxins from body. This in turn can help lower the appearance of cellulite.
- ¼ cup of sea salt
- ¼ cup of extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons of ground seaweed
- Some drops of essential oil
- Step 1 – mix together 3 tablespoons of ground seaweed 1/4 cup of sea salt and ¼ cup of extra-virgin olive oil, and some drops of the essential oil
- Step 2 – massage this mixture on the affected areas for about 10 minutes before you take a shower
- Step 3 – after showering, you can apply moisturizer
You should follow this remedy 1 time per day and for several weeks. You may store the excess mixture in a jar for future use Learn more: 16 Nutritional Benefits Of Seaweed On Health And Beauty
12. Apply Apple Cider Vinegar
The apple cider vinegar may help remove cellulite because it contains potassium, minerals, magnesium & calcium. All these elements can play an important role in flushing out water retention and toxins around the thighs & stomach. This in turn help reduce bloating & cellulite. In addition, apple cider vinegar can help you lose fat, it means that it help you get fewer cellulite pockets.
- A bit of honey
- Apple cider vinegar
- Step 1 – mix one part of apple cider vinegar with 2 parts of water
- Step 2 – if you like, you can add a bit of honey
- Step 3 – rub this mixture on the affected areas
- Step 4 – leave it on the affected areas for about 30 minutes
- Step 5 – rinse it off with the warm water – you can follow this treatment 2 times per day until you gain the desired results
13. Drink Berry Smoothie In The Morning
1 serving Ingredients you will need:
- 1/4 cup of blueberries, frozen
- 1 cup of milk
- 1/4 cup of raspberries, frozen
- 2 tablespoons of protein powder
- 1/4 cup of strawberries, frozen
- 1/4 cup of blackberries, frozen
- You freeze fruits in the small pieces
- You combine milk & powder in a blender with fruits
- You begin off on a low setting, until you see fruits are broken down
- You increase speed slowly and blend about 1 minute at the top speed or until you see it is frothy
- You serve garnished with these fruits
14. Healthy Heart Hummus & Fresh Veggies For Snack
4 servings Ingredients:
- 1 to 1 1/2 cloves garlic, sliced
- Parsley (handful)
- 1 scallion in 1” piece
- 1 1/2 cup of cooked chickpeas
- 3 tablespoons of tahini
- 3 tablespoons of lemon juice
- Cumin to taste
- Cayenne to taste
- You place all these ingredients in a food processor, then you blend until smooth
- You season to taste
- You transfer to container
- You serve with the fresh veggies like carrots, bell pepper strips and celery
15. Great Skin Greek Salad For Lunch
2 servings Ingredients:
- 1/2 green pepper
- 1/2 red pepper
- ½ cucumber
- 1/2 red onion
- 1/4 cup of sliced black olives
- 1/4 cup of feta cheese
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon of pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon of non-iodized sea salt
- Step 1 – you chop vegetables into the bite-sized pieces
- Step 2 – you toss with seasonings and oil
- Step 3 – you sprinkle with the feta & olives
- Step 4 – you serve at the room temperature
16. Cypress Chicken & Steamed Broccoli For Dinner
- 2 chicken breasts, skinned & boned
- 1 tablespoon of minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon of oregano
- non-iodized sea salt to taste
- Step 1 – you rub the chicken with oregano, garlic & salt, if using
- Step 2 – you will let it sit for 15 minutes
- Step 3 – you heat skillet or grill to medium
- Step 4 – you cook the chicken until you see cooked through. You should avoid piercing if possible
- Step 5 – you serve when hot with the steamed broccoli
Here are top 16 simple and easy home remedies for cellulite that will help reduce your cellulite condition dramatically and improve your skin health quickly. To see all of our writings about home remedies for cellulite and other beauty tips, go to our main Beauty page.
After reading my writing of 16 natural home remedies for cellulite on thighs & legs, I hope that this writing is useful for you. These natural remedies will help you restore your beauty and get healthy skin within a few weeks. However, if you have any disease, before applying these remedies, you should contact your doctor for advice. In addition, if you have other home remedies for cellulite or any question about this writing, you can leave them below. Now are you ready to deal with your cellulite for good?
Want More Content Like This In Your Inbox?
- 11 best natural home remedies for irregular periods
- Inner mind body balance for health – top 15 tips revealed!
- 14 Easy healthy milkshake recipes to lose weight for everyone!
- 10 Early Symptoms Of Lung Cancer In Men And Women
- 18 Ways on how to make hair thicker naturally and fast
- Top 10 amazing health benefits of tea
- Stop the ringing review – is Geoff Barker’s tinnitus cure useful?
- Top 10 healthy benefits of dragon fruit