Cervical spondylosis is a very popular age-related condition that affects your joints in the neck. It occurs because of wear and tear of the cartilage, bones and tissues of the cervical spine. The changes can include herniated discs, dehydrated discs, stiff ligaments and bone spurs. There are several easy yet effective treatments to treat this problem. Do you want to know which home remedy will help you treat of cervical spondylosis? If your answer is “Yes”, then you should read this writing. In this article, VKool.com will show you top 10 natural home remedies for cervical spondylosis pain. The writing is collected from reliable sources. However, it is not intended to give medical advice and it is solely for the informational purpose. Keep reading this writing to understand more!
Top 10 Natural Home Remedies For Cervical Spondylosis Pain Are Revealed
Here are 10 best home remedies you are looking for:
Lack of regular exercise is one of the major causes of cervical spondylosis. Hence, you can reduce stiffness and pain around your shoulders and neck by integrating regular physical exercise into your lifestyle. What you need to do:
- Rotate your head in both counter-clockwise and clockwise directions and then nod your neck side to side from one shoulder to the other. You had better follow this for about ten minutes 2 or 3 times every day. This will help reduce the pain in your neck.
- Another option is to rotate your arms in counter-clockwise and clockwise directions and then unfold and fold your fists at regular intervals in order to reduce pain.
- Alternatively, you can do low-impact aerobic exercises such as brisk walking or swimming for half an hour at least 5 times per week.
- Or, another choice is to enjoy cycling on a regular basis.
Alternating cold and hot compresses on the affected area is one of the best home remedies for cervical spondylosis pain. Cold compresses will reduce inflammation and swelling while hot compresses will relax sore muscles and improve blood circulation as well. What you need to do:
- Wrap a hot water bag in a thin towel to make the hot compress.
- Wrap a few ice cubes in a thin towel to make the cold compress.
- Next to place the hot compress on your affected area for about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Remove it and then apply the cold compress for about 1 minute.
- Follow this process for at least 15 minutes.
It is recommended to repeat this simple remedy several times every day until you get relief.
Note: Avoid cold compresses if you have circulatory problems. You do not apply hot compresses if your affected area is irritated and red.
Taking an Epsom salt bath is one of the good home remedies for cervical spondylosis pain. The magnesium present in Epsom salt managers the pH levels in your body, in turn reducing stiffness, pain and inflammation in the shoulders and neck. What you need to do:
- Mix a little water in Epsom salt (1 to 2 tablespoons) to make a thick paste. Then apply it on the troubled area for about 15 to 20 minutes in order to get soothing comfort. It is suggested to follow this every other day.
- Alternatively, add Epsom salt (2 cups) to a warm bath. Then dip in it for at least 15 minutes. You can enjoy this relaxing bath about 2 or 3 times per week.
Note: Those who have heart problems, diabetes or kidney problems must not use this remedy.
Read on: The Book For Diabetes
Garlic is also considered as the effective home remedies for cervical spondylosis pain. Its analgesic and anti-inflammatory properties help treat swelling, pain and inflammation in your neck and surrounding areas. For optimal results, you can use it as follows.
- Eat some raw garlic buds on an empty stomach in the morning with water. Alternatively, use garlic capsules but only after asking your doctor.
- Another method is to heat 2 to 3 cloves of crushed garlic in a pan with a few vegetable oil. Let it be cool and then use it to massage the affected area for 5 to 10 minutes. You should use this with a warm bath. It is suggested to repeat this remedy two times daily.
Turmeric is one of the popular home remedies for cervical spondylosis pain thanks to its anti-inflammatory properties. Moreover, turmeric increases blood circulation that helps decrease muscle stiffness as well as pain. For positive results, you can use it as follows.
- Mix turmeric powder (1 teaspoon) in milk (one glass). Heat it on low heat for about 5 minutes. Let it cool and then add a little honey. You should drink it two times every day.
- Another option is to take turmeric capsules three times every day, but only after consulting a doctor for the correct dosage.
One popular home remedy to cope with cervical spondylosis is using sesame seeds. They are rich in magnesium, manganese, calcium, copper, phosphorus, zinc and vitamins K and D, which are effective for your bones as well as overall health. This oil is also effective in decreasing neck pain. What you need to do:
- Rub some warm sesame oil on the painful area and next to massage for about 10 minutes. Then place a hot compress on this area. It is recommended to follow this 3 or 4 times every day.
- You can also mix lavender oil (a few drops) in warm sesame oil and then use it to massage your neck area.
- Another simple option are to chew roasted white sesame seeds (1 tablespoon) once every day in the morning, or mix ground and roasted sesame seeds (1 teaspoon) in one glass of warm milk and then consume it two times daily. Also, you can add sesame seeds in your cooking.
Ginger is also one of the other popular natural home remedies for cervical spondylosis pain. Ginger is high in anti-inflammatory properties. Thus, it helps decrease inflammation and pain in your neck and surrounding areas. For desirable results, you can use it as follows.
- Consume ginger teathree times daily. To make the tea, boil thinly sliced ginger (1 tablespoon) in water (2 cups) for about 10 minutes. Strain, add honey and then drink it.
- Another option is to make a powdered preparation by using equal amounts of celery seeds, dried ginger root and cumin seeds. You can add rock salt for the taste. It is suggested to eat this powder (1 teaspoon) with water before bedtime.
- Alternatively, you can also massage the painful area with ginger oil several times every day.
Being rich in alkalizing and anti-inflammatory properties, apple cider vinegar is also a great home remedy for cervical spondylosis pain. In addition, it can effectively soothe inflammation and pain in the neck area. What you need to do:
- Place a paper towel immersed in apple cider vinegar over the troubled area. Allow it on for several hours. It is recommended to follow this remedy two times every day.
- Another choice is to add apple cider vinegar (2 cups) to lukewarm bath water. Then soak in it for about 10 to 15 minutes. You should follow this method once daily.
- Alternatively, you can also add organic and raw apple cider vinegar (1 tablespoon) and a little honey to one glass of water. You had better drink it once every day.
One of the other effective home remedies for cervical spondylosis pain is cayenne pepper. Due to its anti-inflammatory as well as analgesic properties, it helps reduce inflammation and pain in the neck. For best results, you can use it as follows.
- Mix together cayenne pepper powder (1 teaspoon) and lukewarm olive oil (2 tablespoons). Rub it on the painful area. Secure it with a bandage and then allow it on for several hours or entire night. It is recommended to do this every day.
- Alternatively, add cayenne pepper powder (1 teaspoon) to one glass of warm water. You should enjoy it 2 or 3 times a day.
Indian lilac contains pain-suppressing as well as anti-inflammatory properties that can alleviate inflammation, swelling and pain in the neck caused by cervical spondylosis. What you need to do:
- Add a little water to neem powder (1 tablespoon) to make a thick paste. Next to heat this paste on a double boiler for some minutes. Then apply this hot paste on the painful areas. Allow it on for half an hour and then wash it off with warm water. It is recommended to follow a few times every day.
- Another choice is to boil several neem flowers and leaves in one cup of water. Strain, let it cool down and drink it two times daily.
- Alternatively, you can also massage the troubled area with neem oil two times per day.
- Eating a little Terminalia chebula after your lunch and dinner can also bring quick relief from stiffness and pain.
- Avoid physical exertion such as heavy lifting.
- Get a good night’s sleep. Keep correct posture when sitting and standing.
- Eat plenty of salad made with raw vegetables such as carrots, cabbage, tomatoes, cucumbers, lettuce and radishes.
- Avoid spicy, fatty and fried foods, sweets, sour curd, sugar and coffee.
- Give up smoking and tobacco any other form.
- Eat foods rich in protein, vitamin C, phosphorous and calcium.
- Expose the troubled area to early morning sunrays for about 10 to 15 minutes every day.
To get more information related to effective home remedies for health problems, go to our main Home Remedies page. Try these effective home remedies right away and be relieved of cervical spondylosis pain. You should use above remedies for at least one or two months to receive optimal results. After studying the writing of top 10 natural home remedies for cervical spondylosis pain, hope that this article will help you find out the best solution to reduce cervical spondylosis pain fast and effectively. However, the writing is solely for the informational purpose, so you need to get advice from your doctor before applying any home remedy. If you have any question or comment, please leave them below, I will respond you as soon as possible.
Related articles on neck problems: