Chapped or dry lips are one of the most common problems that can make people feel painful and look less attractive. If you see that your lips are suffering from some of the symptoms like flaking, cracking, redness, dryness, or sore lips, you should read and apply the following list of natural home remedies for chapped lips to get a soft and shiny smile!
I. The Causes:
Some of the main factors that cause chapped lips are harsh weather, sun exposure, excessive licking of lips, smoking, dehydration, allergic reaction, and vitamin deficiency.
Other causes of chapped lips might be due to the B vitamins deficiency or thyroid hormone imbalances, which can be cured by a healthy, natural diet to a long-term adherence.
Chapped lips happened also due to your hyper-sensitivity to a new lipstick. In this case, you need to stop using it and never buy products which have the same brand once again. No matter why you are suffering from chapped lips, you just need to follow these 17 natural home remedies for chapped lips as fast as you can.
II. Natural Remedies For Chapped Lips – Healthy Habits:
There are a lot of commercial products which are available to cure chapped or cracked lips in the current market. However, you totally can relieve your lip sore with some simple-to-follow home remedies for chapped lips without spending too much money. The first list of natural home remedies for chapped lips I want to show you today is the list of 6 healthy habit changes that you should make:
1. Be Patient: It might take you up to a week to completely heal your lip sore. In the meanwhile, you should be sweet and compassionate to yourself. Also, you should prepare with your man a comforting dessert which includes relaxing and delicious warm drinks. Indulge in pampering your taste buds and forget for awhile about your sore is also one of the best natural home remedies for chapped lips you should try!
2. Stay Home: Another way to reduce the risk of chapped lips is to avoid going out. You might already know that there are many potential factors in the atmosphere, which can cause the dryness of your skin and lips, such as the low humidity, dirt, smoke, bacteria,…Therefore, you should not go outside if the weather is windy and dry unless you will have to suffer from dry skin and painfully cracked lips.
3. Check Out Your Toothpaste:
Maybe the chapped lip problem comes from an ingredient that triggers your terrible allergy. You should consider whether or not an allergy to your mouthwash or toothpaste can be to blame for the red, roughskin on your lips. If it is actually the culprit, you should change your toothpaste to another brand and skip the mouthwash for days to see whether or not the problem disappears. You should also rinse your mouth carefully after brushing your teeth.
4. Wear Lipstick: This method seems to be just for my female readers. However, dermatologists said that older men are more likely to have skin damage on their kissers than older women, especially on the lower lips. Believe or not, lipstick is actually the reason for this difference. Lipstick can help to protect the lips effectively from the sun’s ultraviolet rays, and these days you can buy lipsticks, which contain sunscreen to get better protection effect. Lipstick can also act as a moisturizer.
5. Screen Out The Sun: As I mentioned above, the sun’s ultraviolet rays can be very harmful to the sensitive skin on your lips while also damage your body skin. Indeed, the lips are a common site for skin cancer because they do not contain melanin – a pigment that helps protect your skin from UV rays. Might be the certain skin cancers appear on the lips are much more serious and more likely to spread. Thus, if you will go out in the sun, you should use a lip balm which contains sunscreen.
Many cosmetic products are currently available on the market so that you can find a perfect lip balm everywhere without meeting any difficulty. You should choose the one that you like so you will use it more regularly. Most lip balms are greasy or waxy and work by sealing in moisture with a protective barrier.
6. Do Not Lick The Lips:
This is actually a very bad and ugly habit even if it does not lead to or worsen your chapped lips. Therefore, you should get rid of it right away! This is also one of the simplest natural home remedies for chapped lips that are very effective without taking any cent from your wallet. Even this habit will temporarily make your chapped lips feel better, you will be actually making the problem worse. Licking can also make your lips and the skin area around your mouth dry because the repeated exposure to water actually robs the moisture from your lips, causing it to become dry.
III. Natural Remedies For Chapped Lips – Making Use Of Foods:
Protecting the lips from being chapped is not only essential for improving your appearance and comfort, but also for your health. Bacterial infections, cold sores, and other issues are more likely to strike lips that are already damaged by chapping. In this part of the home remedies for chapped lips article, I will recommend you some healthy eating tips, which are very good for your situation.
1. Avoid Sour, Hot, Salty, Spicy Foods: When your lips are cracked, they become more sensitive than normal, and certain foods can irritate them. You should say “no” to sour, hot, spicy, or salty foods for as long as your lips are still dry, chapped, and painful. Concretely, you should stay away from orange juice, barbecue sauce, mustard, pepper, and alcoholic beverages to give your lips a break as they can be healed. Remember that these natural home remedies for chapped lips will keep your smile more comfortable and less painful, so give them a chance!
2. Avoid Alcohol: You should not use petroleum products or any balm, gel, and lipstick, which contain alcohol because they will worsen your chapped lips and make it even more painful and dryer. You should use just some natural remedies. A great rule that you should remember is just put edible ingredients on your lips (this rule also works well for any other body care products because the skin rapidly absorbs the ingredients of lotions and creams, both good and bad ). In other words, if you cannot eat it – do not put it either on your skin or your lips.
3. Eat Duck Or Goose Fat:
Our grandmothers used duck or goose fat to boost the healing process of cracked lips. They are actually perfect natural remedies for chapped lips, so next time when you are cooking a dish from goose or duck fat, do not discard the fat, but keep it in the fridge to use as a traditional treatment when you suffer from chapped lips or dry skin. If you do not have goose or duck fat, you can also make use of shea butter, olive oil, coconut oil because they can also work great for your situation.
4. Milk Cream: The high fat content of milk cream makes it a natural moisturizer for lips. You can aply fresh milk cream onto the lips and leave it on for 10 minutes before washing them. Use a cotton ball dipped in warm water to rinse the cream out of your lips. This is also one of the best natural remedies for chapped lips, so you should apply this method every day whether you are suffering from chapped lips or not.
5. Honey: Honey is a wonderful moisturizer that can help to heal chapped lips, and it also has antibacterial property. For soothing the chapped lips, you just need to apply pure honey on your lips many times throughout the day whenever you feel your lips dry. You can also create a special paste of glycerin and honey and apply it before bedtime to get soft lips in the morning.
To clear the dead cells off to restore the chapped lips, you just need to make use of sugar. This is also one of the best natural remedies for chapped lips you should remember. You should mix 1 teaspoon of honey with 2 teaspoons of sugar, then apply the paste onto your lips and let it sit for minutes before rinsing the lips lightly with lukewarm water.
This is the list of 12 natural home remedies for chapped lips that are very useful and easy to follow for my readers who are visiting VKool.com.
If you think that my home remedies for chapped lips article will be effective for even other people out there, please let me see your comments and share this list with your friends and family!