Colon (large intestine) is a part of the digestive system that responsible for a re-absorption of salts and water from solid waste formed after the digestion and before it is removed from the body. The peristaltic movement of colon usually ensures the waste elimination from the body for about 16 to 24 hrs of eating. In some cases, the formation of harmful waste in the large intestine occurs because of the malfunctioning of colon. This causes toxins in waste and the toxins enter into colon walls. This condition can harm your digestion, immunity, affect your overall health and cause your unhealthy weight gain. To eliminate toxin out of your colon, you can take medications, yet why don’t you try some natural ways? Check out this article on VKool site on home remedies for colon cleanse and weight loss to detox your body fast.
Causes, Symptoms & Home Remedies For Colon Cleanse & Weight Loss
The colon works to extract salt, water, nutrients and vitamins from the indigestible food matter that haven been digested in your small intestine and it works to eliminate solid toxins and waste from your body.
However, when your colon doesn’t function properly, it can absorb waste and toxins instead of removing them out of your body. As a result, the dysfunction of your colon can cause your various health problems such as chronic illnesses, headaches, constipation, bloating, gas, low energy, fatigue and unhealthy weight gain.
All these problems may also be caused by your undigested foods (foods that you eat are packed with preservatives, additives and some other chemicals), which lead to development of the mucus in your colon, creating waste and harmful toxins for poisoning your body.
Nevertheless, with the aid of home remedies for colon cleanse and weight loss, you will easily eliminate harmful waste and toxins as well as boost the production of healthy intestinal bacteria in your large intestine. It also helps boost your energy and enhance the absorption of nutrients and vitamins in your colon. In fact, there are various treatments available for your colon cleanse, yet for many people, they do not know the great benefits of home remedies for colon cleanse. In this writing, I’m going to show you the 14 best natural home remedies for colon cleanse. Check out all of them below!
I. Causes Of Your Toxic Colon
When your colon is less active, it affects waste elimination from your digestive system. The main reasons for the low activity of your colon and your toxic colon include:
- Lack of exercise
- Poor diet
- Reduced water intake
- Drug intak
II. Symptoms Of The Waste Deposition In Your Colon
When your colon retains waste in your body, it may lead to different symptoms like:
- Low energy level
- Skin allergy
- Bad breath
- Protruding belly
- Irritable bowel
- Weight gain
- Unexplained fatigue
If there is no proper cleansing of colon is applied to remove toxic waste deposits, it may lead to serious conditions such as, gall bladder stones, skin allergies, asthma, liver diseases and heart diseases. Regular movements of bowel can help prevent waste deposition in your colon. Normal movements of bowel don’t remove wastes completely in some cases, thus an extensive cleansing that use various methods can be required. In reality, there are different natural treatments and home remedies for colon cleanse that help remove waste from your colon.
Below are top 14 home remedies for colon cleanse that you should know
III. Top Home Remedies For Colon Cleanse & Weight Loss
For cleansing your colon, the simplest remedy you can apply is to drink a lot of water. It’s essential for you to drink about 10 glasses of fresh water a day. Regular intake of water will allow the body to get enough liquid and lubrication for flushing out harmful waste and toxins from your body naturally.
Consuming plenty of water also stimulates natural peristaltic action that helps foods to move throughout your digestive system. Plus, water is necessary to keep the body hydrated. Besides, you can drink fresh vegetable and fruit juices.
- Drink as much water as possible to cleanse your colon
- Drink at least 8 glasses of water a day
- Drink fresh vegetable and fruit juices, liquid foods, coconut water along with fresh water to get the body well hydrated
Related article: 27 health benefits of drinking water daily
2. Apple Juice
Next to home remedies for colon cleanse, try apple. Apple juice is very beneficial for detoxing your body among home remedies for colon cleanse. Regular consumption of apple juice can encourage the movements of bowel, break down toxins and improve healthy functioning of your liver and digestion. Thus, it is best for you to start a day with a cup of fresh apple juice.
- Take a few apples, extract the juice by using a blender
- Drink unfiltered apple juice, then wait for 30 minutes
- Next, drink a half of fresh water
- Follow this solution for a few times through the day for a period of 2 to 3 days
- For the better results, drink a glass of lemon juice or prune juice to cleanse your colon effectively
- Fresh apple juice will offer you better results, yet you should consume organic apples
- Alternatively, eat apples in different forms such as whole apple, sliced or cut, peeled, normal or chilled, boiled, or with peel
- Make sure that you chew apples slowly and properly
- Drink plenty of water through the day along with apple juice
- Avoid solid foods while you are following this solution
- Follow this remedy regularly as needed
3. Lemon Juice
Lemon is rich in antioxidant agents and vitamin C that are essential for the good functioning of your digestion. For this reason, you should make use of lemon juice among home remedies for colon cleanse.
- Take a few lemons and squeeze the juice
- Next, add a little bit of sea salt and honey in the lemon juice
- Then stir the liquid well in a big glass of warm water
- Drink the juice on your empty stomach in the early morning
- This helps you have more energy for a new day, gives you better movements of bowel and gives you healthy skin through the day
- Alternatively, add two tablespoons of lemon juice to your apple juice
- Drink this solution for 3 to 4 times every day
- This remedy helps thin out mucous in the bowel as well cleanse your colon effectively
4. Cayenne Pepper & Lemon
Cayenne pepper can work to break down mucus in your colon while lemon juice can help eliminate toxins in your colon.
- Take a half tsp of cayenne pepper, then add it to about 10 oz glass
- Next, add 4 tbsps of lemon juice, fill this glass with lukewarm water
- Then, stir the liquid well
- Add 1/2 tsp of maple syrup to sweeten the juice
- Drink it on your empty stomach for about 5 times a month that can help cleanse the colon naturally and effectively
- Alternatively, replace cool water, instead of using lukewarm water
- If you don’t like cayenne pepper as it may burn your stomach, eat a few tbsps of honey for coating your stomach until you get rid of feeling of a burn.
5. Raw Vegetable Juice
When it comes to home remedies for colon cleanse, raw vegetable juice can work very well. It is essential for you to avoid processed food for at least 1 day or 2 days that helps cleanse colon effectively. Instead, fresh vegetable juices will help improve your bowel movement. In concrete, vitamins, minerals, enzymes and amino acids will break down and eliminate waste products from the body.
- Take raw vegetables such as carrots, spinach, cabbage, tomatoes, cucumber, kale, celery, broccoli, parsley, beetroots, etc
- Combine several vegetables and fruits together if you like
- Juice these vegetables and fruits by using a blender or a juicer
- Take the juice and drink it several times per day to remove harmful toxins from your colon
- If possible, consume homemade vegetables and fruits or organic products for better colon cleansing results
6. Fiber-Rich Foods
Vegetables and fruits are rich in fiber, but when you juice them, you cannot get all their fiber. Instead of juicing vegetables and fruits, you can eat them, plus consume other fiber-rich foods to clean your colon such as beans, seeds, nuts, whole grains, peas, broccoli, artichokes, and a lot more. These ingredients help improve your bowel movements and encourage your body to expel toxin and waste products.
Make it your healthy habit to consume a lot of healthy vegetables and fruits in your diet. This is the simplest way to stay away from toxins that the colon embraces in lack of foods.
- Add more fiber-rich foods to your diet by eating
- The best fiber-rich fruits for cleansing your colon include raspberries, apples and pears
- The best fiber-rich vegetables include artichokes, broccoli and peas
- The other best fiber-rich foods include cereals nuts, whole grains, beans and seeds
- Add these foods in any forms (including supplements) in your daily diet to eliminate harmful toxins in your colon.
Among the best home remedies for colon cleanse, this is yogurt. Yogurt contains good bacteria and probiotics, which can help fight off bad bacteria in your colon. It is also a great source of calcium for discouraging the cell growth lining your colon. Furthermore, it is a fantastic home remedy for colon cleanse, infected colon and stomach problems such as indigestion, flatulence and irregular bowel movement.
- Eat plain yogurt or add fresh fruits like limes, apples and bananas to consume
- Eat it for at least 2 times per day for cleansing your colon
- Consume it anytime as needed, especially before your meal and after your mean for about 30 minutes
Flaxseeds are high in omega 3 fatty acids, natural fibers and antioxidants that can help cleanse colon effectively and naturally. Flaxseeds can absorb water and expands in your colon, aid in eliminating mucus and toxins when they pass through. Flaxseeds are also very effective when you add them to your daily diet.
- Take 1 tbsp of ground flaxseeds and put it into a glass of cold water
- Stir well and drink it twice a day (20 minutes before your breakfast and also 20 minutes before your bedtime)
- Alternatively, add 1 tbsp of grinded flaxseeds to cereals, fruits, yogurt, vegetable salads or other foods
- Consume flaxseeds regularly to detox your colon from toxins, even they can help prevent diabetes, prevent heart disease and some cancers that are caused by harmful waste and toxin in your colon.
Next to home remedies for colon cleanse, try senna herb. Senna is actually a type of flowering plant that works as laxative. Both senna leaves and pods contain anthraquinones, powerful colon stimulates. Senna can aid in relieving constipation and increasing peristaltic movements of your colon. Thanks to this, the movements of your bowel are corrected and regulated.
- Take senna tea bag or crushed senna herb
- Makea cup of hot senna herbal tea
- Let it cool for ten minutes
- Next, strain the senna tea
- Drink the tea to relieve toxins from your colon
- Alternatively, steep the senna herb in cold water for 10 hours, then strain it
- On the other hand, you can take senna supplements in capsule or tablet forms for cleansing your colon fast.
- Take about 7 oz of white sultana raisins and take about 9 oz of rose hip extract
- Next boil each of the ingredients in water separately
- Then, filter their liquids and mix them all together in a bottle
- Add the boiled water and rose extract to the bottle
- Drink it to remove toxins in your colon to get cleansed colon
- Avoid this solution if you suffer from intestinal blockage, appendicitis, inflammatory intestinal disorders such as irritable bowel syndrome, kidney diseases, liver diseases, ulcerative colitis or Crohn’s disease
- Also, avoid giving this remedy to children under 12 and pregnant women
10. Sea Salt
Next to effective home remedies for colon cleanse, try sea salt. This ingredient can work for your colon thanks to the present of detoxifying agents in it.
- Mix 1 tbsp of sea salt in a glass of hot water
- Let this solution cool down and drink it when it is warm or cold in the morning
- Then, wait for a couples of minutes and lie down
- Massage your stomach around the colon area gently
- This can help stimulate the bowel movement and remove harmful toxins, regular feces, accumulated fecal matter, bacteria and parasites from your digestive tract.
- Repeat this process up to 5 times per month
Note that this solution may cause diarrhea in some people, so it’s essential for you to drink a lot of water and fresh juice through the day. Additionally, avoid using this remedy when your have high blood pressure or suffer from heart problems.
11. Aloe Vera
Aloe vera gel is famous for its laxative property and detoxification abilities that also make it become powerful among fantastic home remedies for colon cleanse. Aloe vera gel has several medical agents, which help improve condition of your colon and helps treat other health conditions and diseases such as headache, constipation problems, diarrhea, gastric pain and skin infection.
- Take aloe vera gel
- Add aloe vera juice to lemon juice
- Then, stir them well
- Place this in a juicer to get a fine juice
- Next, put the juice in the refrigerator for 2 to 3 hrs
- Consume the juice twice to thrice a day for cleansing your colon
- Repeat it regularly for detoxing your colon naturally and effectively
Ginger is the next one among powerful home remedies for colon cleanse. Ginger is a fantastic remedy that helps in reducing bloating, reducing abdominal pain, stimulating the colon functionality and keeping your colon being free from harmful toxins and wastes.
Method 1: Only Ginger
- Take 1 tsp of ginger juice and add a little water and honey to it
- Then, stir them well
- Consume this solution 2 to 3 times per day for eliminating harmful toxics out of the body completely
- Alternatively, consume ginger herbal tea that can work the same to remove waste from your colon
- In another way, take ginger in different forms you like such as mashed ginger, ginger juice or small pieces of raw ginger, ginger candies or ginger jam
- Keep in mind that this method is not recommended using for pregnant as well as breast-feeding women
Method 2: Ginger & Psyllium
- Juice an apple and take cold water to fill an 8-oz water glass
- Take organic apple juice, if you can’t make your homemade apple juice
- Next, add 1 tsp of each ground psyllium husk and ground ginger
- Stir them thoroughly or blend them lowly until smooth
- Drink it to cleanse the colon along with drinking at least 8 glasses of fresh water after drinking this ginger mixture that helps move psyllium husk through the colon
- Remember to have a light meal when following this cleanser as psyllium can expand in the stomach; and heavy foods can leave you stomachaches
- In this solution, psyllium works to bind waste and toxin materials while ginger helps flush out toxins from your colon
The word “Triphala” is a combination between 2 terms: “tri-“ and “-phala”. “Tri” means “three” and “phala” means “fruits”. The whole word “Triphala” can refer to Amalaki, Bhibitaki and Haritaki. They have natural laxatives, vitamin C, bioflavonoids, phospholipids and linoleic oil that help in promoting the movements of bowel leading to elimination of waste and toxic materials from your body.
- Triphala is available in online Ayurveda shops and Ayurveda health stores
- Buy it and take 1 tbsp of triphala, then add it into a glass of cold water
- Stir the triphala well and drink this solution in the early morning
- Follow this remedy regularly for eliminating toxins from your colon fast
14. Bentonite & Psyllium Husk
Last but not least among home remedies for colon cleanse, try combining bentonite and psyllium husk. Bentonite is absorbent and it absorbs as well as binds to waste and toxins in your intestinal tract, then it continues passing on out with feces. Next, mix psyllium husks with water to create a gelatin that can soften your feces and work as a lubricant for an easy elimination.
- Take 1 tsp of psyllium husk and 1 tsp of bentonite clay powder into a water glass
- Next, add 8 ounces of juice or water into it, then stir them well
- Drink it as quick as possible before it gets thick
- Don’t forget to follow this solution along with drinking at least another 8 ounces of juice or plain water per day
- Drinking a lot of water is very important that helps dissolve this mixture.
- Keep in mind that during this treatment, your digestive system cannot take heavy foods since it occurs heavy for itself and it’s to stick to a small diet of semi-cooked vegetables and fresh fruits along with a lot of juices and plain water.
I’ve shown you the top 14 home remedies for colon cleanse and weight loss. Hope that you could find useful information to detox your body, eliminate toxins and harmful waste out of your colon for your faster weight loss and health improvement. For any comment about this article on home remedies for colon cleanse and weight loss, please leave it at the end of the post. Thanks for reading and see you in the related articles.
Want More Content Like This In Your Inbox?
- Asthma Free Forever Review – Is Jerry Ericson’s Guide Useful?
- 23 best exercises to slim legs at home are revealed
- Home remedies for boils on buttocks and cysts on face, back or leg
- Natural home remedies for dark underarms: 8 proven beauty tips
- Health benefits of garlic to the human body
- 8 Ways On How To Exfoliate Face Naturally
- List of 18 best workouts for back fat
- 10 Best tips on how to use egg white for acne treatment